View Poll Results: How would You Rate For Whom The Sleigh Bell Tolls?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

0 0%
  • 4/5

5 55.56%
  • 3/5

3 33.33%
  • 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5

1 11.11%

Thread: Rate/Review American Dad!: For Whom The Sleigh Bell Tolls

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review American Dad!: For Whom The Sleigh Bell Tolls

For Postmaster

Of course this years Christmas episode wasn't going to be as good last years "Rapture's Delight". But it sure did hold its own. I really hope this won't be the last Christmas episode this show gets.

The ending of this episode was really the only sloppy part of this episode. But they had to restore the status quo somehow. We all knew that Jeff would never betray Haley in a big way. But the end scene with Stan and Jeff may lead to some interesting dynamics/scenes between the two in later episodes.

Roger was spot on as usual and provided many great scenes such as the one in the liquor store.

Overall: The best episode of the night again. American Dad! makes a great Christmas episode and this one didn't let me down. Grade B+

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Enjoyable, although I do kind of fell this show has been treading old ground with character dynamics a bit this season, here we get another Stan and Hayley fighting about Jeff story, but this I suppose has a new enough context to make it work. but it was still pretty great at times. Would be a shame to see the show go, but I am starting to think might have already passed it's peak in season 4 and 5 from the evidence of this season so far.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

yeah, it seems like they're tying enough loose ends to prepare for the end, I really hope Fox doesn't screw them on a final episodes
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Why are we talking about the end? The show hasn't been cancelled.... right?
    Signature.

Blog Entries

I'm just going by the fact that everyone else has said it's a bad sign that it's been moved around in the schedules. Although didn't King of the Hill seem to be on the verge of cancellation but then went on for another a few years, so who knows?

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Had anybody noticed the odd absence of a poll?
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Her and Cigarettes Squeaky Voiced Teen's Avatar

did anyone else not really give a fuck?

anyway not the best episode of the season but still easily is the funniest show on the Fox sunday lineup. THe scenes in the liquor store were hilarious. B

Yeah I predict this show has this season and then it's done, but hopefully not.

Poll added

Quote Originally Posted by Postmaster View Post
    I'm just going by the fact that everyone else has said it's a bad sign that it's been moved around in the schedules. Although didn't King of the Hill seem to be on the verge of cancellation but then went on for another a few years, so who knows?
    I for one wonder if that could mean the content could become less risqué because of the earlier programation (thought that's pretty much is pure speculation from my part)

I for one wouldn't mind that much if AD got cancel, I think while its strong, it showing some signs that the writers made their comfort zone and can't quite leave it (still is funny)

I would rather Family Guy was cancelled at this point. AD is my favorite show on Sunday night now. This episode wasn't the very best, but it was solid, and I liked Jeff's "are all your Christmases like this?". Made me realize that yeah, every Xmas episode has been off-the-wall, so it's a nice tradition.

Family Guy's episode was worse. The show in general has gotten more low-brow over the years, but this one was too low-brow for me. So many predictable dirty and stereotypical jokes.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

I didn't care for this episode much at all. I felt like the majority of it was spent watching elves get brutally murdered, which I don't find funny or entertaining in the least. I mean, not that I'm offended or anything, but an entire episode of this was just complete overkill. It just seemed to scream LOOK HOW EDGY AND VIOLENT WE ARE! Plus, how many more times is Stan going to "accept" Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneFamous View Post
    I didn't care for this episode much at all. I felt like the majority of it was spent watching elves get brutally murdered, which I don't find funny or entertaining in the least. I mean, not that I'm offended or anything, but an entire episode of this was just complete overkill. It just seemed to scream LOOK HOW EDGY AND VIOLENT WE ARE! Plus, how many more times is Stan going to "accept" Jeff?
    American dad does kinda get repetitive when its come to teaching their character a lesson although I kinda like that Jeff admit he does it to save Hailey rather than really liking Stan, but I think the battle with the elves ain't that shockingly violent especially if you compare to Road to North Poles home invasion.

I agree, though we did see elves with their guts spilling out. Its just the fact that it was the majority of the episode. It just seemed to go on forever.

After making the mistake of watching Family Guy's Christmas gore-fest, this seemed too similar. Not as tasteless, but hard to enjoy a Christmas episode with all the violence. I just can't believe the Cleveland Show didn't get axed. There would have been a perfect opening for Bob's.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Oh yeah, this episode had yet another dog killing joke. Seth must really hate dogs.

Blog Entries

Isn't violence against cats sort of a running theme in a lot of comedy? If there's animal cruelty jokes it's usually against cats, so maybe it's just intended as a joke on that idea since people seem to get more upset about dogs for some reason.

Are you talking like, Tom & Jerry? Because Tom never got his legs blown off or something.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

he's talking about the fact that cats are dicks

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Eh, I thought it was just okay. I might be in the minority but I thought Family Guy's Christmas episode was significantly stronger. The plot didn't feel as well-thought-out as many American Dad shows to me and felt rushed. Santa just happens to be standing behind a snowman at the local mall, then embarks on a simplistic quest for revenge, and the Smiths all take up arms without a second thought or any attempt to reason with Santa, etc.

In other words, it felt to me like they wanted a big Christmas war sequence and wrote the episode around that idea, but it never fully came together. Plus, the war was pretty tedious after awhile and I didn't have any reason to sympathize with the Smiths either. And it ends with another dead-animal-molestation joke? It's pretty bad when I can see these coming a mile away now.

A pretty low 3/5 and an overall mediocre outing for the Dad.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Thread Information