• 5/5: Huzzah!

11 9.65%
  • 4/5: Excellent.

18 15.79%
  • 3/5: Simpson, eh?

24 21.05%
  • 2/5: You Stupid Monkey!

23 20.18%
  • 1/5: There's nothing left to do but kiss my ass good-bye.

38 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "The Fool Monty" (NABF01)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review: "The Fool Monty" (NABF01)

The Fool Monty (NABF01)
    It's happy days in Springfield when word gets out that Mr. Burns has little time left to live, and when he sees the town's reaction, he goes off into the woods, only for Bart to take pity on him and bring him into the Simpson house, where it's Lisa's turn to stand up for him when Homer and Marge take the crowd's side.

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

I didn't expect there'd be a crowd...
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Ugh. :fail:

Full review later.

1.0/5

One of the worst episodes I've ever seen.
    Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.

You keep at it Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow! I was surprised. What a beautifully written episode, with a bunch of laugh out loud jokes.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted The Telltale Head 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Blog Entries

i liked it, the only things i disliked were burns' head and blood coming out of his nose when he gives ralph that lemon drop, homer teasing burns about that banana and the girder thing, and burns getting hurt a lot in the second act. otherwise i felt it was pretty good. I'm probably being too generous but for now, 5/5

4 of 5 "doctors" recommend bartyboy's Avatar

i didn't catch the beginning, but otherwise a 2/5

another awful simpsons movie reference
    Last edited by bartyboy; 11-21-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Cat flu epidemic at the start of the episode was pretty nice; Mike Price's episodes always prove to be the most satirical. But all in all, that wasn't too good at all. Mr Burns fallng off the cliff is a new low.
    Last edited by zartok-35; 11-21-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

4/5

This episode was a laugh riot. I thought it was really funny to have everyone in the town taking advantage of him. I did not expect them to satire the Stephen King novel "Under the Dome" and how the novel was accused of ripping off The Simpsons Movie and connect a huge callback at the same time. The only problem was the use of Dick Cheney which addad nothing worthwhile.

I started watching it when Burns was about to jump off, from what I saw the episode was horrible.
    Having such a vast vocabulary really embiggens my pride

4>3>2>6>7>5>8>9>1>10>12>11>14>15>16>13> the rest I don't know how to organize but they share the quality of not being as good as S13 to me

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After watching the past half hour, all I can say is: "Wow, the Beatles are finally available on iTunes!".

As for the actual episode, I'm impressed they took the last few seconds of Weekend at Burnsies and managed to make 2/3rd's of an episode around it. Making Burns the human-cartoon puppet is another reason to believe the writers don't know, or care they're do-dooing all over the past characters they've spent years developing. Sure, making Burns a human doormat might seem funny on paper, but it was not, or the better argument is lack the talent to pull it off with any style. Granted the very beginning with the TV executives creating fake controversy was funny, but that doesn't save this from a 1/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Wow! I was surprised. What a beautifully written episode, with a bunch of laugh out loud jokes.
    I pray this is sarcasm.
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 11-21-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Meh. The beginning with the TV execs, Dick Cheney, and the movie reference were all good, and I liked Quimby not knowing Lisa was only 8, but overall it was nothing spectacular. Not worst ever, or of the season, or anything like that, just wasn't much that was laugh-out-loud funny and the plot seemed...rushed, I guess. I think the biggest problem I had is that Bart instantly turned against his new "pet" when the rest of the town did. I think the story would have been better had Bart defended Burns instead of Lisa. 11/15
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

The beginning with the FOX executives was really funny and it's a shame they didn't do more with that. Also, the dome bit was a meta-gag that really worked. Overall, a lot of the pacing of the humor was surprisingly decent, but there were quite a few jokes that missed. I generally like Michael Price's episodes, but this one was a big miss.

As for plot execution, this one was abysmal. Getting revenge on Mr. Burns, the most hated person amongst Springfieldians, is a decent plot on paper. But dopey Mr. Burns seemed to be merely a punching bag for people and an excuse to do some overtly gross body sight gags. Flanders' line about having a picnic was probably one of the funnier ones, and the revelation that Mr. Burns had that it was bile that was keeping him going was somewhat insightful, but there was nothing in the episode that really brought that about in an insightful manner. It was almost an afterthought. Also, Burns' quick turnaround from doofus to pure evil again was too quick, which is what I can say about the plot development in the episode.

Smithers working for Cheney being mentioned the first time was actually quite funny, but only as a quick mention. I'm just upset that they made that into an entire B-story. It's something that works better as a quick joke about what might happen to Smithers in this situation, but to develop more than a minute on it is a waste of time. I would have made the joke, forgotten about it, and maybe have a call back to it at the end of the episode.

As Jake said, the episode pretty much extended the ending of Weekend at Burnsies, which isn't that great to begin with. I'm not gonna lie, there were some jokes in the first and fourth acts that made me laugh out loud. Perhaps four acts ruined the pacing, but I thought it was pretty abysmal. I'd give it 2/5 or a C-/D+.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

I was surprised to see Homer didn't get hit with the obstacles that Burns was able to avoid at the construction site.

You know, a smart person going in knew that Mr. Burns wasn't really going to die. But that's no excuse for this episode being so horrible.

Act I was fine. But everything went downhill when he lost his memory. From the town "sharing" their revenge on amnesic Burns to Smithers becoming...(groan) Dick Cheney's assistant, and just the general remixing old episode ideas for the umpteenth time (they already did the memory loss thing much better with Marge), you would think the writers would be able to distinguish between a good idea and a bad idea. Apparently, that's no longer possible.

NHC's fly on the wall lionelhutz123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, this was definitely a pretty fucked up episode. Basically they sacrificed the dignity of Burns to create a gagfest for the townspeople, yet the things I found most funny was the swine flu satire in the beginning and the Cheny/Smithers thing was somewhat comical. The only thing I liked was the E.T. parody, but that's pretty much guilty pleasure because I was still aware of how much I disagreed with the direction the episode was taking. Honestly, I never care for these physically vulnerable Burns plots. I can take them in small doses, but there's only so much you can stretch it. Even Burns in "The Springfield Files" is pushing it for me, but compare it to this one, and it's the bell of the ball. I mean, I honestly thought Burns jumping off the cliff was a dream sequence. The reveal of naked, innocent, mentally challenged Burns was some pretty cheap shock value. It's a really gimmicky idea that carries most of the episode. The Simpsons Movie/Under The Dome reference was in good taste, but it does come off a bit smug and fan-service-y. It wasn't bad though. Other than that, besides the ones I mentioned the gags were pretty unmemorable and some like Wiggum rolling around in the vaccine was cringe-worthy. I hate it when you know an unnecessary dragged out gag like that is coming, just by how awkwardly it's set up. I'm giving this episode a 1/5. For me, it's down there with "Monty Can't Buy Me Love".

I'm sorry, when did this turn into The Lisa Simpsons show? I thought this episode was supposed to be about Bart, no? It had ok jokes but, it wasn't good. Giving this episode a 2/5.

Bart V.S Bob!
    Bart fan!

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

I came into this episode pretty distracted so I never did figure out what was going on in the very beginning, nor what relevance it had. The episode picked up a bit once we finally got to the "Burns you're going to die" bit.

The episode did make me laugh a few times, there were some fantastic gags in there - and yeah, I enjoyed the Movie reference - but a lot of this was simplistic and stupid. Like Burns wanting to control his own death, wish they'd have figured out a way to do more with that. The airplane thing was... yeah, I didn't think that was real. Bart finding him and Burns being, well... not gonna lie, I was surprised when Lisa said he was in shock or traumatized or whatever it was, I thought it was brain damage. He was basically a complete retard. Not that that's a bad thing, but the quick turn around... uh.

See, I get what they were going for. Burns' memory is triggered when he goes back to his house and he's reminded of who he is. But it wasn't executed well, at all. It was entirely too sudden, and the one second shift from dopey-eyed innocent to evil tyrant evilly sitting on a throne of skulls was just absurd. And not in a hyperbolic comedic way, in a "wait, what the fuck just happened?" way.

There was such a lack of development and thought in this one. Some of the gags with the townspeople wandering around with Burns, each of them allocated their half hour, were great. Some weren't, but overall, the sequence was mostly pretty entertaining. It's a silly idea, but it's a comedy show, it should be able to roll with silly ideas and make people laugh from them, that's the point (depending on what style of episode they're going for - and that was the style in this episode). But stupid, lazy parts like Burns switching back to evil so quickly, or, god, Marge's whole "I think it was kindness that was keeping you alive!" "No, it's hatred after all!" ... I'm sorry, wasn't this show supposed to be realistic? Use your flexible realities for jokes all you want. Sometimes it's awesome. But do not use flexible reality where people magically stay alive because they're evil as a major plot point. That's lazy and it adds absolutely nothing to anything. It makes the whole story feel like a pointless exercise because there's some ridiculous deus ex machina at the end.

And even if we're to accept that, it didn't make sense. Burns stayed alive longer than he was supposed to, and Marge attributes it to his being good. Burns attributes it to his being evil, and it's his being evil that saves him. That doesn't explain why he was still alive after those six weeks. This could've worked out that these intangible concepts mean dick all to how one stays alive in the ending, but they ruined it by having Burns be evil at the end save him. There's no consistency there. It's stupid.

Still, I did laugh a few times. Best joke was the Dick Cheney reveal on Smithers' card. Too bad that got over-extended. Sometimes the writers don't even attempt to restore the status quo, why did they have to bend their reality this time to do so? Should've just let it go at that. Nobody would have questioned Smithers being at Burns' side next episode.

3/5

This was a decent episode. It was nice to see an emotional side of Mr. Burns but the whole town deciding to "give him hell" because he was so evil to them was not fun to watch. Only laughs were Maggie trying to shoot Mr. Burns and Otto using him as a bong. Other than that there was nothing memorable from the episode. The Smithers working for Dick Cheney subplot could have used more development and should have been a longer "B" story.

Overall: C+

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Anybody else pay close attention to the list of names?

I'm pretty sure this is only the second time (after Skinner mentions her first name in passing in "Lisa's Substitute") that Miss Hoover's first name (Elizabeth) has been mentioned - and has Luigi's last name (Risotto) ever been used before now?
    Also, apparently Otto's last name is now spelled "Man" (as opposed to "Mann" or "Mans", which was what I think appeared on his driver's license at one point).

-- Don

This could have been the most squandered potential I've ever seen with this show. There were so many poignant, insightful, or dramatic opportunities tonight, and this episode managed to blow every one of them off.

The first act was fairly throw-away, but I actually liked the satire in the first few scenes (though the Fox News jabs and later the Cheney jokes were pretty ham-fisted). Between the scene with the TV executives (poor NBC, ::snicker:, the epidemic and vaccination scenes, and Burns taking all of the drugs, I actually found the first act fairly funny. Then, the plot actually kicked in. I really thought we were going to be in for a deep story about Burns coming to terms with his mortality and the sadness that comes with realizing that no one will miss him. That really could have been interesting, but instead it gets wasted. When Burns was on the cliff ready to jump, I thought to myself, "okay, Burns is having a dream." Then he jumped off and was bouncing around planes and trees while getting struck by lightning, and I thought to myself, "yeah, this is definitely a dream." And then, I realized sadly, no, this wasn't a dream. And that's where everything fell apart.

I really think the entire episode kept going downhill from the start of that second act. I had a glimmer of hope when it turned out that Burns had lost his memory, and I thought we were in for a story where Burns starts from scratch and manages to do more good in the last few weeks he had left than he had in his entire life. There would even be a question of morality whether the town should keep him in his delusional state, or if they should try to return him back to who he really was. Yeah, there was a little of that idea with Lisa, but it happens far too quickly and ends up being nowhere near as significant or interesting as it could have been. Instead of all that potentially engaging storytelling, we instead get Burns coughing up cotton and wandering around a construction site. The final reveal that Burns' hatred keeps him alive doesn't even work either, because of course they had to undercut it with a shot of Burns' face collapsing, it was disgusting.

The humor overall was terrible after the first act. We get alot of uninspired physical comedy involving senile crazy Burns that makes the puppet show from Weekend at Burnsie's look subtle. The plot developments were also really lousy. On top of the first act being disposed of, every next step in the plot is so light and uneventful that nothing has any weight. Burns walks into the living room, revealing he's alive, and we don't really care. Burns sees the portrait of himself and regains his memory, and we don't really care. Burns is going to survive, and we don't really care (though anyone would have known they weren't really going to kill Burns). This episode was a huge disappointment. I can't quite give it a 1/5 because I did like the first act, but this is not a good sign for the consistency of the season when I've quite liked 3 episodes so far, and hated the other 3. 2/5
    Last edited by bovine_university; 11-21-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University

The Fool Monty

I knew from the start this would be a terrible episode. An episode about the fear of Mr. Burns dying has been done but can never be done to fruition because he cannot die at all. I think the only people to die in the Simpsons have been Mrs. Flanders and Mona Simpson. The beginning is some sort of lame obvious Avatar parody where they shove them in the avatar rooms, they get the chair bird and they go to watch TV. Lame in every definition of the word.

To the episode, we get the shot of New York that Sprooklyn stole from and we get the Fox News copter. In a good joke, the helicopter falls apart while saying that they're not fair and unbalanced, a good joke... Inside, they're talking about making fake controversy is good. I liked NBC and their portrayal of them as a bumbling idiot even though it's a known fact, I like the representations of other networks even though they weren't entirely accurate and done before. I love the stuff they make up but the disease ones up the other stuff. NBC getting tested with the disease (Mr. Zucker) and dying is good even though it's familiar for the bumbling idiot to be tested. The house cat flu epidemic is good and the FUD throughout the first half of the first act is good, I laughed at some of this but I did not like Marge blowing out the flame repeatedly, seems very unrealistic and frustrating but I understand what the writers are trying to portray. I did like when they put the cats on top.

The scenes at the hospital kept up the mood but deteriorated in quality. How can Comic Book Guy suddenly be stupid. I mean I understand that Wolverine doesn't fear needles but did he have to scratch his pocket to get the money like Homer? That is so out of character for him. And then Mr. Burns appears to take all of the vaccines and destroy the vaccines in an obvious attempt to make people hate him. As if they needed an obvious reason to do so. Then we get to the point where Mr. Burns is dying! Oh my, what happened to his immortality, we're supposed to feel sad for him but we do not feel sad for him at all, we know he is going to live come the end of the episode. So anyways, he throws out an extravagant cerimony that the writers are trying to do as a parody of awards cerimonies (that was supposed to be done in a later episode but whatever). So anyways, we get a band with the name of death and then Mr. Burns saying "I'm dying" and everybody goes "Hooray!" and they start to riot after Mr. Burns shows them a video showing that they'll do evil stuff like make a fruit in his face that's poision. They melt a statue of ice with fire, in what appears to an aping of South Park's humor style, especially Goobacks.

We head back to Mr. Burns room where he suddenly becomes stupid, I feel like the writers should not try to make him oblivious to the fact that he unaware of why people hate him (he should as he was making the people hate him). Then Mr. Burns dives off a cliff with Smither's watching, oh the horror... Oh the unreality that a jet flies near a cliff and saves him from death by having him go through a wacky gag where he bounces off of various things and lands safely in the forest. This is where Bart finds him in the most nonchalant way, the way he feels guilt is also unrealistic as we get this cartoony music whenever Bart's consciousness gets to him, we're not supposed to know this, Bart is supposed to feel guilty from the get go, not have to walk away and have cartoony music force guilt upon him. So he brings Burns home and dresses him in clothing that fits him oddly... He then hides him in the closet and Marge comes in like a sitcom dad looking for something because he heard something, he remains hidden and presto, The Simpsons has become Full House in seconds, at least Bart was acting like an 8 year old the whole time.

I forgot that Burns is now dimwitted, a child if you will. The plotline does not focus on him in this state, no, it focuses on him and the wackyness that follows such as Burns eating the doll which I did not like. I saw Smithers drinking and I was hoping they'd do something with him but instead they have him paired up with Dick Cheney and they have him become incompatible with him while Smithers wants Burns even more. It's stupid, it's not developed properly and it ends in the lamest possible way, with Mr. Burns alive and appearing to Smithers, Smithers coming back and Dick blanking his memory in the most MiB like way. I mean I get that the 3rd MiB movie is coming out but that is a lame pop culture reference since like ever and Family Guy did DIck Cheny better. Anyways, back to the Simpsons. We get a lame Funeral where everybody spits on him so obviously and it's forced, South Park forces things better then The Simpsons ever will, and the dancing feels like a Family Guy gag, and just as when Marge says that Mr. Burns thing, he appears spontaneously, like there was no buildup, it just assumes that obviousness is funny and clever.

Homer laughing and stating his evil plans to abuse him is overlong and unnecessary, I swear they copied the laugh from "ESM (The Simpsons)" anyways, Marge is in her obvious denial stuff and then it cuts to the city hall where they vote to treat him badly. And Lisa steps in with her Brian Jr. rant about how he's a changed man and he should of been treated better and if we treat him bad then what does it make the rest of us. Obviously they're against it and the 8 year old gag is decent, I only mildly laughed at it... And now begins the part where many characters use Burns for their own purposes. The first I disliked for it's cartoony humor that I can see anywhere (The Simpsons, you are not clever. The second with the Snake is lame and also apes Family Guy in dialogue again, the one with the Bullies I did not care for. I feel like there should of been more plot in Mr. Burns rather then the people using them for a cheap laugh which feels like it's distracting us from the story, but luckily I'm smarter then the average bear.

Now it goes back to Lisa, Lisa is going to show Mr. Burns that he's changed and Maggie takes a gun and holds it at Lisa, apparently the shows writers do not care about the continuity of the series. Maggie holding a gun is supposed to be a secret, not public knowledge to everybody (they're not supposed to assume she can't hold or wield a gun with skill.) and when they reach Mr. Burns house, he instantly turns evil again and he sits on the chair of bones like in the picture so suddenly. Doesn't Lisa have like a 152 IQ or something? anyways, we get to a somewhat alright meta joke where they mention the criticism that they ripped off Stephen King with the dome plot, the characters telling Burns that they've done it before and that they could of dug their way out, I admit it was clever but kinda feels forced. Now they try to convince Burns to be nice and he thinks and he gives a candy to Ralph but that makes him bleed out in something out of Family Guy, a grossout gag, a retcon. And then he comes back to life, the same immortal self he always was. The statement of Homer is lame and it feels forced, like nobody gives a shit that they hated Burns anymore. Then Nelson appears in a somewhat lame gag where he admits that he doesn't want to lose his father figure. The part where he pulls the chopper down is good but then it abruptly cuts to the play where it is obviously lame, like it's referencing common knowledge that school plays are lame. Then it cuts to Mr. Burns saying that he's his son and the episode ends.

This was a bad idea from the start, what were they thinking! Mr. Burns is the immortal one and the thought that he would be dying. I had something completely different in mind for this episode and they turned this into a lame gagfest with a bare noticeable amount of story. Somebody with common sense should of shot the idea down the first chance they had, this is by far the worst episode in Season 22 so far, the only good part was the FUD part. Everything else was horrible. It seems like The Simpsons is only there to set records, lamely reference anything in it's path and trick people into thinking it's funny. The Family Guy episode was better then this, this is just aping to the nTh degree. If Matt & Trey saw this episode, they would revoke The Simpsons credibility pass faster then they would mock the career of a celebrity in the news.

1.0/10
    Last edited by Zombies Rise from the Sea; 06-01-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

eh
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Two things really bugged me about this episode, and I'm not even going to comment on how tired and stupid the plot itself was. Seems to have been covered plenty already.

First off is the moment after Bart makes Burns his pet, one moment the townspeople believe Burns is dead. Dead enough to spit in his grave. Then, with no warning at all, we get a scene with Burns on stage in that bird cage and not a single character mentions "oh hey we all thought this guy was dead". That the writers made absolutely no effort at all to explain this transition shows, to me, that yet again they just don't give a shit anymore. And its not like they were lacking for examples leading up to this. The season so far has been way below average as I see it. Also, how many of these town meetings are they going to have? It seems silly to even mention but really do they have town meetings like every day now in Springfield? Very lazy writing all in the name of plot convenience.

The second thing that bugged me was when Burns gets back into his mansion later in the episode with Lisa and as soon as he sees the portrait of himself he immediately heel-faces back to his old ways. No moment where he questions how big of a monster he really is, no moment where his memories actually return. He just walks over, sits down and is the same old bastard he always was. He obviously remembers everything that happened to him during the rest of the episode but there is never a moment of hesitation. It just bugs me, I know Burns is played as this absolutely cold-hearted person but it was just too fast for me. Again, lazy writing for plot convenience.

That's pretty much this episode in a nutshell. Everything happened too fast, the only parts of the episode that dragged on too long were the crappy gags with the townspeople abusing Burns in various ways. My only chuckle was at the expense of Steven King and his book Under the Dome.

Gonna agree with the consensus and give this one a 1/5

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did like the return (albeit most likely temporary) of the evil Mr. Burns

Blog Entries

I give this episode a 5/5 A+ for the mere fact that Nelson got to bully Mr Burns into attending his play.
    Well done master Muntz!

Add Michael Price to the ever-growing "fire this writer" from the show list.
    Absolutely everything about this episode exuded laziness.
    The only redeeming quality would be if we had a member of the writing staff each to ourselves for an hour for OUR own personal brand of revenge.
    1 out of 5.

I Just Want My Kids Back EthanRunt's Avatar

First half worked, I was enjoying it, I laughed frequently, but the second half just fell flat, and once more it was Lisa taking centre-stage for the protagonist, can we have one where she doesn't have as much involvement this season?
    2/5

I think that the idea could've been done well, but this ended up being just terrible. I don't really even know what to say, it was just a bad gag after a bad gag. I guess there were some okay stuff. The start with TV executives, Cheney, poking fun at Simpsons Movie & Lisa being eight. That said, even those could've been pulled off better. All in all I'd say that it was an episode that had a few good ideas, but constant, terrible gags ruined it and even the best jokes hardly raised a smile. Not the worst of the season (I hope they won't beat "Elementary School Musical" on that department), but still a big dissapointment (despite there being low expectation to begin with).

1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    I give this episode a 5/5 A+ for the mere fact that Nelson got to bully Mr Burns into attending his play.
    Well done master Muntz!
    <sarcasm>
    That is the most logical statement I have ever heard, and due to your logic. I have decided to rerate episodes based on that logic.

Judge Me Tender gets 5/5 for having Moe try to kill Simon.

Pranksta Rap gets 5/5 for having 50 Cent son!

Sweets & Sours Marge gets 5/5 for dissing Butterfinger

and Beyond Blunderdome gets 5/5 for having Mel Gibsom!
    </sarcasm>

Thread Information