View Poll Results: What did you think of the episode "MoneyBART?"

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    9 6.34%
  • 2/5

    21 14.79%
  • 3/5

    46 32.39%
  • 4/5

    48 33.80%
  • 5/5

    18 12.68%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 122



Thread: R/R "MoneyBART"



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #1
    Presented by Siemens™ bartyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the experimental prototype community of tomorrow
    Posts
    3,757


    R/R "MoneyBART"

    worst couch gag i've ever seen by far

    as for the episode, 1/5

  2. #2
    Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Jerk Store
    Posts
    12,023


    liked the "Homer at the Bat" callback, the rest was pretty meh 3/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

    Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2


  3. #3
    MOAR Semaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    8,043


    Better than last week's, even with the usual Al Jeanisms.

    3.5/5

  4. #4
    Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,807
    Blog Entries
    137


    that couch gag was pretty stupid. the ending to it was nice i guess but these couch gags are getting pretty much worse each week IMO.

    as for the episode i honestly thought it was really funny. Ralph made me laugh a lot with his "White apple" line and the line about "Do alligators alligate?". To me these were as close to 'classic Ralph' as we're ever gonna get. Their dumb, yes, but their not too unbelivably(sp) dumb I didn't think.

    I thought it was kind of weird to ask the man if he'd like to "kiss my ass." I mean, he was obviously upset over little league, but I found that line weird for him. Maybe if it was a kid, I wouldn't mind, but saying that to an adult... I dunno.

    Flanders was pretty funny. The reason why he quit coaching Little League was pretty funny. His kids having 16 hours of sleep...

    overall i liked the episode a lot. I didn't like the last act but I enjoyed the first 3 so much that it doesn't hurt my score too much. 4/5.

  5. #5
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    I actually liked the couch gag, lol.

    As for the episode, I thought it was horrible. The plot felt rushed and underdeveloped. There wasn't much explanation for how Lisa got to be manager and it felt all over the place. Lisa learning the statistics was too wacky and I am actually starting to get bored of musical montages. Lisa kicking Bart off the team because he won the game but didn't do what she said (what a selfish brat) was awful. The third act continued to make the plot just drag on and on with a poor conflict, even worse than that of Lisa on Ice. The forth act suffered from a tacky guest star and a rushed conclusion.

    Characterization: Lisa was at her absolutely worst that I've ever seen from her throughout the entire series. She was set at untimate kerk-ass mode throughout and she seemed really bitchy, like she was trying to make Bart's life miserable. She seemed cocky, selfish, ect. I could go on and on, but lets just say that this episode illustrated everything that I hate about Lisa and then some. Everyone else was okay, though.

    Humor: A few worked for me, like "underpants dinner" and the Ralph gags, but most fell completely flat, like Homer and Marge reading the kids stories, which got annoying quickly, but I did like the Flanders gag afterwards. Bart calling Lisa cute names was one of my least favorite gags ever. Seriously writers, STOP WITH THE BART/LISA INCEST GAGS PLEASE!

    Overall, I give this episode a...1/5!

    With one great week and two absolutely horrendous weeks so far, I think this season may be in trouble.

  6. #6


    4/5

    Fortunately, this episode did focus on Bart just as much as it focused on Lisa.

    Whenever we get a baseball game here, it always kept my interest. Bart trying to steal home plate really took me by surprise because I thought Bart would score instead.

    The funniest thing about this episode was the callback of Mike Scioscia and the radiation poisoning in Homer at the Bat.

    The gag where Bart was being the sidekick of announcer Bill James didn't fit right.

    Lisa was portrayed better in this episode and she did learn her lesson at the end. I thought it was halarious whenever she didn't get the baseball terminology correct.



    No new episodes for the next three weeks due to post season baseball. Hopefully the Treehouse of Horror episode will be worth the wait.
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 10-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.

  7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

  8. #7
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    The funniest thing about this episode was the callback of Mike Scioscia and the radiation poisoning in Homer at the Bat.
    Thanks for reminding me of that. I liked it too.

  9. #8
    Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,725


    Wow, this was a really great episode, and maybe one of my favorites from the last two seasons. Maybe I'm just a baseball geek, but I actually felt like the writers knew what they were talking about in talking about baseball. The conflict was handled really well, not only in brother-sister conflict, but in terms of how to manage a baseball team.

    There were a couple of missteps (somewhere in the 3rd and 4th acts, things felt rushed), but comedy wise the timing was pretty much there. Probably the biggest downside was Homer and Marge getting into an argument... it felt like they tried to shoehorn Marge into this episode a bit, but it wasn't really needed. The line "underpants dinner," however, made me laugh out loud.

    Mike Scioscia was actually pretty funny as well, though I wonder what the hell he was doing on a roller coaster in Springfield. I'm feeling really generous and going with 5/5, around an A-/B+. It's probably lower in actuality, but it's playoff season and I'm in a good mood.

  10. #9
    Stonecutter Nauru-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,837


    Very boring episode from my perspective. I'm struggling to grasp precisely what it is about it, but my tendency is to think it just doesn't really do anything well. The likeability found in the previous episode is gone once again, and I really didn't know what I was rooting for by the time conflict began.

    What can I say about the gags? Standard fare for more recent years really. It's gotten so I can't expect to laugh at a new episode of the Simpsons anymore and am just hoping it will be a mildly pleasant experience, which this episode isn't either. The best bit I can think of is the Milhouse line about thinking his parents are siblings, as if the notion that they look alike hasn't been brewing around for years already.

    Also, I see the writers are learning to shorten up the couch gags...not.

    The biggest downfall though to me, has to be the pacing and transitions. There were so many poorly developed tangents and twists that I really lost interest. At least Scully's idiotic adventure episodes were simple enough to follow.

    I really don't to be so cynical, but I'm really not sure how something like this is considered good fun. Weakest of the first three so far. Doesn't reach last season's icy depths, but there's very little to be pleased with here. I'm torn between a D- or an F, so maybe I'll sleep on it. Meh.
    Last edited by Nauru-1; 10-10-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

    http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253


  11. #10
    Stonecutter blueguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,074


    I loved the couch gag, although, I missed the first few seconds of the intro and the start of the actual couch gag part.
    The rest of the episode was alright.
    Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.

  12. #11
    Skeletor rising hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,593
    Blog Entries
    2


    They had a callback to Homer at the Bat and mentioned Zack Grienke. I'm completely satisfied

    But seriously, great episode. Funniest of the season by far, and even though the plot was a little rushed it moved naturally. Great jokes (I thought the incest joke was going to be bad, but Milhouse's line saved it) and some great Homer moments. 14/15

  13. #12
    The Man with the Plan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield Tire Fire, Est. 1989
    Posts
    20


    For some reason, this worked for me. It felt like an older ep. Not classic era, but maybe early Jean? Some of the jokes(like Ralph's lines(sorry)) were kinda unfunny, Lisa was a bit whiny and the cameos always feel forced these days(though Mike Scioscia was funny), but the episode as a whole was good. Umm... 3.5 out of 5?

    EDIT: I forgot about the Yale graduate(did she get a name?). I liked the plot, but that setup annoyed me because it felt like it should've been a different episode.
    Last edited by captainwacky; 10-10-2010 at 05:35 PM.

  14. #13
    pineapple shoes Dark Homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    19,572
    Blog Entries
    13


    what was the homer at the bat callback?

  15. #14
    Junior Camper Muskrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    174


    Couple of chuckles here and there. Otherwise, meh.

    3/5

  16. #15
    Up an atom. Ramier Wolfcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boxborough, MA
    Posts
    1,261


    4/5

    Thought it was a fun episode to watch, but I really didn't like the ending where Bart was out trying to steal home. At least the "conflict was resolved" at the end.

    It would have been better if the Yale woman had some sort of interaction with Mr. Burns though.

  17. #16
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    what was the homer at the bat callback?
    Mine Scioscia said that he got radiation poisoning at the plant.

  18. #17
    Samule L Brockowitz zartok-35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Saskatchetoon
    Posts
    2,209
    Blog Entries
    19


    Marge: I thought you got radiation poisoning when you were working at the Nuclear power plant.

    Mike Scioscia: I didn't die. I got super human powers, and now I can also demaganatize credit cards.

  19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

  20. #18

  21. #19
    Pin Pal SimpsonArgentina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina - Buenos Aires
    Posts
    437


    I think that is another version of "Lisa On Ice" with Baseball. But... a Good episode.


    4/5
    Season 26
    Clown in the Dumps: 2/5 | The Wreck of the Relationship: 3.5/5 | Super Franchise Me: 4.5/5 | Treehouse of Horror XXV: 5/5 | Opposites A-Frack: 3/5 | Simpsorama: 4.5/5

    I drink too much wine, I forget things.
    In order to remember them, I drink more wine.

  22. #20
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    This thread is like a ghost town. I'm beginning to worry that this might be a sign for tomorrow's ratings, Then again, better on a bad episode than a good episode.

  23. #21
    Presented by Siemens™ bartyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the experimental prototype community of tomorrow
    Posts
    3,757


    seeing as there hasn't been a "good" episode in years, i think you have nothing to worry about for the rest of the season

  24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gran2

  25. #22
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by bartyboy View Post
    seeing as there hasn't been a "good" episode in years, i think you have nothing to worry about for the rest of the season
    I disagree, but I kinda expected a response like that.

  26. #23
    chinese martian physicist HRH Sir Prince Charles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Look Around You
    Posts
    1,619


    I demand to be thumbs upped for predicting a Homer at the Bat callback and being told it would never happen.

  27. #24
    Profound Sadness Kiyosuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,781


    Man between the Premiers' couch gag and tonight's couch gag you think they're trying to say something? lol

  28. #25
    Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    26


    The couch gag was awful, but overall, I quite liked the episode. I could totally see that Bart was going to be out at home, and I didn't like that, but there were a bunch of baseball references that I enjoyed because I'm a huge baseball fan. I liked the "Underpants dinner" joke, and many more jokes hit their mark than usual. I didn't care for Lisa's characterization in this, however. Kicking him off because he homered? Wow. Overall, a nice, solid episode. 4/5.

  29. #26
    Profound Sadness Kiyosuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,781


    Just curious to ask but what exactly was so bad about the couch gag. OTHER than "it's depressing."


  30. #27
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki View Post
    Just curious to ask but what exactly was so bad about the couch gag. OTHER than "it's depressing."
    I liked it, but I know some members on here don't like long couch gags.

  31. #28
    Got milk? Snaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,248


    Loved the callback to "Homer at the Bat" but the episode didn't do it for me. I was asleep during it & when I wasn't I was looking at other things.

  32. #29
    Junior Camper chagopian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    181


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki View Post
    Just curious to ask but what exactly was so bad about the couch gag. OTHER than "it's depressing."
    Probably because it goes against a traditional couch gag. Personally I loved it. I thought it was one of the funnier things I've seen from this show over the last few years. The episode itself had a lot of groaners and a lot of chuckles. I appreciated its fast pace though, and also its cohesion in the plot. I think I'll look back fondly on this episode, mainly because it works fluidly.

  33. #30


    In the later seasons I've seen that they've had a lot of difficulty putting together an episode with more than one plot - one or both were always underdeveloped or just weak ideas to start with. In this episode they've finally gone back to basics and made an enjoyable episode with only one major plot.

    I enjoyed the couch gag - regardless of its length. I noticed that they did actually shorten the into sequence so it didn't cut into the episode time too much.

    I don't know why people are always so down on Lisa - I mean she was right wasn't she? It's all ok when Bart does something cruel, but suddenly when Lisa kicks Bart off the team she's a brat?

    4/5



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •