Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Definately a better cover than Season 13. I think the limited edition head box could be really cool for this one too. Also, is that Kang or Kodos on the cover?

Simmer Down There, Sparky Skylark Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i don't think there's any way to tell which one it is. probably kang

I haven't bought a dvd set since season 8. But I will probably pick up 14 and 15 because I somewhat enjoy those seasons and they have no Scully episodes.

I'm gonna say Kodos. I don't know why they decided to only put one of them on the cover and not both Kang and Kodos. The only reason I could think of is that the Limited Edition head box would be hard to do with two people.

Blog Entries

i figured it's just to go with the previous releases- 11 was only krusty, 12 was only comic book guy, etc.

NHC's fly on the wall lionelhutz123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait, who are the people on the spine? James L. Brooks?

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally! That is a great cover! Easily the best of the single-character designs! Can't wait until this comes out!!

Ya I can't really tell who's on the spine. I wish they'd use more recognizable characters instead of extremely obscure figures.

Blog Entries

The cover could be either and it's probably Kang but great artwork regardless. Plus the all black background is very nice. I just wish they gave Kang/Kodos a cover in a season where they had more screentime. Pretty sure they only appear for like 30 seconds at the end of this season's ToH.

EDIT: The spine looks like Jim Brooks on the bottom, and either Moe or Skinner on top...to me anyway.

Blog Entries

my guess is skinner from that awful halloween episode where they were all animals

The characters the pick for the covers just geting more and more random
    Krusty? Sure! From what I recall during the first seaons he was most fameuse and recognizable charcter of the show. But insted going with somebody like Burns, Moe or Flanders next... Comic Book Guy? Ralph? And now Kang/Kodos?

Who's next? The sea Capitain?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Admittedly I'm probably the only one who loves season 16,
    Brother. Your are not alone!

- Treehouse of Horror XV
    - Midnight Rx
    - There's Something About Marrying
    - Don't Fear the Roofer
    - Thank God, It's Doomsday
    - Home Away from Homer
    - The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star

All great episodes! For me 14-17 was piriot for the Simpsons whnen whlie episode warent as briliant and well writen as in seasons 6-8 for example it still had a lot of good jokes and clever story ideas.

The Smart Simpson LittleMissLisaSimpson's Avatar

Finally the box-art is out I was still thinking that it could've been Moe but it was Kang and Kodos. I hope the inside of the box would be like The Simpsons and the Season 14 guest stars in Halloween costumes inside Kang and Kodos spaceship

EDIT: it says on Wikipedia that Region 1's release date is September 19th. I don't know if it's true but I'll go and find out

Season 14 Head

Last edited by LittleMissLisaSimpson; 05-15-2011 at 01:57 PM.

"Trust in yourself & you can achieve anything" - Lisa Simpson
    Favourite Season - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissLisaSimpson View Post
    Finally the box-art is out I was still thinking that it could've been Moe but it was Kang and Kodos. I hope the inside of the box would be like The Simpsons and the Season 14 guest stars in Halloween costumes inside Kang and Kodos spaceship

EDIT: it says on Wikipedia that Region 1's release date is September 19th. I don't know if it's true but I'll go and find out

Season 14 Head

That head box looks pretty sweet. And I'm pretty sure that September 19th is just Region 2's release date because the source (Amazon.uk) that Wikipedia cites only mentions region 2. I think Wikipedia just has the release date in the wrong collumn. I'd expect August for Region 1.

Blog Entries

Very nice head box!!! Looking forward to this more and more all the time!

EDIT: And that's definitely the Skinner-rat thing from The Island of Dr. Hibbert.

I'd expect the release date for region 1 to be in the middle of August

=EDIT: And that's definitely the Skinner-rat thing from The Island of Dr. Hibbert.
    But Skinner was a baby kangaroo...
    I drink too much wine, I forget things.
    In order to remember them, I drink more wine.

Blog Entries

Hmmm...I guess they're just going for a generic wolfman-skinner halloween theme then?

Blog Entries

then I have no clue

It's just one of those things that you don't ask about I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiggs View Post
    ...Also, is that Kang or Kodos on the cover?
    Which ever one you want it to be

Blog Entries

Wow, I love that Boxart! Thanks The Wiggs and LittleMissLisaSimpson. It's a shame that 19th September is ages away! lol. As usual, I'll be getting the collector's edition.

Blog Entries

I think this is the first time I have liked the Collector's Edition so much more than the other. Definitely getting that. Now all we need is a Region 1 release date, and a list of all the bonus features (obviously deleted scenes, and commentaries, but what else will they have!)

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Are we getting a pointless blu-ray version too? Seriously, I hated that they did that for season 13. The arguments over which was better in the previous season thread made my head hurt. Slightly better audio/video of an SD show on blu-ray, or a DVD release with great audio/video as is AND a consistant package design.

I hated too that the bluray version went the cheap route for the package design. Just a standard bluray case. No long fold out art, no imagination. Funny thing is, people complain how the DVD cardboard sleeve design can scratch discs, yet should the blurays use this method it would be perfect as blurays aren't prone to scratching like DVDs are.

Anyway, cover looks great! My guess is the inside will have a costume party theme and we'll see Skinner as wolfman, somebody as Frankenstein, etc.
    UP AND ATOM!

I hope the inside of the box would be like The Simpsons and the Season 14 guest stars in Halloween costumes inside Kang and Kodos spaceship. They could be in Halloween costumes, or as animals from Treehoue of Horror XIII.

Hopefully costumes and not as animals. I always hated that THOH segment.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Are we getting a pointless blu-ray version too?
    S13 does look better in Blu Ray because the screen has a much more brighter color palate, but the HD upconversion reveals the 'shadows' from the show still being made with layered Cell animation.

However, all the Seasons before season 20 could be shown in real 1080p HD if Fox and Gracie Films / Film Roman would recomposite the filmed portions of the animation and rescan them at a HD resolutions. Season 13 was just the upconverted 480i video composite.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Blog Entries

Thanks for uploading the box art, it looks cool. I can't wait to get one of my favorite seasons!
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    ..However, all the Seasons before season 20 could be shown in real 1080p HD if Fox and Gracie Films / Film Roman would recomposite the filmed portions of the animation and rescan them at a HD resolutions...
    yay I dont know if it'd be worth it. Just my opinion here people so take it with a grain of salt. But generally speaking I HATE watching traditional cel-based animation in HD. There are soooooo F-ing many errors that become glaringly obvious in HD. I mean hell it's usually 4 - 10 layers of overlapped drawings done on 12f (or 12 field, 10.5 x 12.5). Not to mention it's quite obvious that they used automated scanning (not that there's anything wrong with that), so line weight fluctuates radically between thick and thin. There is soooo much dust, smears and shadowing artifacts *shudder*

No thankyou. I prefer watching media in it's intended resolution, with the magic obscuring blur of standard resolution. Now having said that I LOVVVE watching the newer episodes in HD. Damn it's beautiful, I can grab a screen shot and scale it up by 4 before it starts pixaliting. No traditionally animated (just cause it's done on wacoms dosent mean it's not approached in the same general way) tv show "looks" better. Now the actual animation is a different story

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiggs View Post
    Hopefully costumes and not as animals. I always hated that THOH segment.
    I personally love that THOH segment. In fact, I adore the whole episode. I also hope that the innards and the menu is all Kang & Kodos' spaceship related. Perhaps you could see Pong in the background?

Thread Information