Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Jay Jonah View Post
    I know this is an akward question, but what colour do you think the accordion cardboard will be? In S11 it was red, and then in 12 and 13 it was blue, so...
    I think the accordian case will be blue again. It doesn't tend to be part of the design as such.

Can't wait for this release because I remember watching episodes from season 14 online (Bart vs Lisa vs the Third Grade, Strong Arms of the Ma, Three Gays of the Condo) and I quite liked them. Season 13 wasn't too bad so I'm sure this season will be quite similar in quality. I'll probably buy 15 as well, as it's the last decent season for me

Blog Entries

I will also be buying a copy of Season 14. I have seen most of the episodes before, but only once or twice, so I don't really remember them too well. However, I am a completionist, and seeing as how I still love every season of the show, I'll be buying all the seasons on DVD (or I may buy Season 20 - ?? on Blu-Ray, as it's made in HD)

guts-black stuff-50 slim jims Miss Diko's Avatar

I'm surprised they even did a Ralph theme, that seemed kind of random, I would have thought they'd do a Milhouse theme (maybe even w/ Milhouse in the arcade instead of Ralph) before making a Ralph box set. I'd love to see a Moe/bar packaging, though, or even Frink w/ a techie theme.

I really miss the clamshell cases though, at least if they're going to keep doing the cardboard boxes w/ the cheap plastic faces glued to the front, have the DVDs in the flippable book style like the LE clamshell heads inside of the box instead of the annoying accordion packaging.

Blog Entries

I've just ventured in here assuming there'd be information about the extras on the DVD, but it's just people discussing what colour they want the packaging to be. Brilliant.

I'm hoping for a Spring 2011 release for this season. I say this because the staff has gone full swing into recording audio commentaries and in years past, there hasn't been that long of a delay between recording the commentaries and the release date:

-The Bart vs. Australia audio commentary was recorded in February 2005, and the season set was released in August 2005.
    -Season 10 audio commentaries were recorded between March and June 2007. In fact, the original announcement listed commentaries on only *half* of the episodes, though we did get them on all episodes. That season was released in August 2007.

However, recording for Season 11 commentaries began as early as September 2007 but was not released until October 2008. This may have had to do with the writer's strike and the release of The Simpsons Movie on DVD in December 2007.

After listening to the Season 13 audio commentaries, it is implied they were recorded in January-February of 2010. Again, this season's release may have been delayed due to the "bare-bones" 20th season release in January 2010.

Hopefully we'll see a release no later than April 2011, under the "6 months between recording a commentary and release date" formula. I'm going to guess a Region 1 release date of April 26, 2011; hopefully it will be earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Friz View Post
    I've just ventured in here assuming there'd be information about the extras on the DVD, but it's just people discussing what colour they want the packaging to be. Brilliant.
    Where have you been? That's pretty much all these DVD threads ever are for the first four months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips
    Fuck typos Im drunhk.
    My DeviantArt.

Blog Entries

maybe there should be two threads, one for information and one for speculation.... yea? nay?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    maybe there should be two threads, one for information and one for speculation.... yea? nay?
    I am liking this post because I like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Friz View Post
    I am liking this post because I like it.
    Same here, but the information thread probably won't get a reply for awhile.
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

No shit
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

The Past is in The Past Skylark Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i had small hope that this would be released next month, so that they could go back to their 2 a year releasing schedule. but there's no way now

Blog Entries

Perhaps they have changed it to once in August and one in Janurary? Didn't Season 20 come out in Janurary?

catchin' some gnarly pounders comeau's Avatar

Not sure exactly where to post this, but it looks like they are already recording Season 14's DVD commentaries; Mark Hoppus of the band Blink-182 posted on his blog that he was recently asked into the studio to be part of the commentary for the episode Barting Over, which Blink-182 were guest stars in.

In Amazing Scentovision Ray Jay Jonah's Avatar

Is anyone expecting Al Jean to go 'Fuck you, NoHomers' in one of the commentaries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    but then again they could say the plot was about lisa taking a shit on skinner's face and i'd probably hold out some hope for it

Blog Entries

not during this season, but maybe during a later one. this season doesn't seem to get that much hate

Quote Originally Posted by S. Bubbles View Post
    i had small hope that this would be released next month, so that they could go back to their 2 a year releasing schedule. but there's no way now
    Same here, I'm literally angry with rage!...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Now now. There's no need to resort to rage over the delay of a DVD set featuring a post-classic season which is just as big a turd as the ones preceeding it (maybe a bit less, but still).

The reality is that both your post and his should be bannable offenses. Pure ignorance about the show's current-day content is just as offensive as wearing blinders to mediocrity and openly praising everything.
    - Brad Lascelle,
    even if I don't agree on a post like mine in which I did not watch a new episode of OFF and still give it a negative rating should result in banning

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeHarmMustDie! View Post
    Now now. There's no need to resort to rage over the delay of a DVD set featuring a post-classic season which is just as big a turd as the ones preceeding it (maybe a bit less, but still).
    There's a need for a little rage when we're running like 9 seasons behind the current one. Besides, I like this season and I won't get really angry unless March goes by without it coming out. I really feel like this season needs to come out in the 1st quarter of next year if they're ever going to get off of the 1 a year thing. Besides, that POS season 20 DVD came out in January, so it's perfectly reasonable to think that it would come out around that time.

Blog Entries

I probably will like season 14 a lot (i haven't seen every episdoe and the ones i have seen were so long ago i don't remember them)

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiggs View Post
    There's a need for a little rage when we're running like 9 seasons behind the current one. Besides, I like this season and I won't get really angry unless March goes by without it coming out. I really feel like this season needs to come out in the 1st quarter of next year if they're ever going to get off of the 1 a year thing. Besides, that POS season 20 DVD came out in January, so it's perfectly reasonable to think that it would come out around that time.
    Doubtful, you're talking about roughly a month away. We would find out at least a few months in advance.

Blog Entries

Season 20 came out because of the 20th anniversary and we knew in Oct. 2009
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

In Amazing Scentovision Ray Jay Jonah's Avatar

Hey guys, how about Dr Hibbert on the cover?

The Unluckiest Mole-like Man Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind, although I still think Sideshow Bob has the higher possibility

NHC's fly on the wall lionelhutz123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about Duffman on the bottom of the spine?

The Unluckiest Mole-like Man Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh Yeah, Ooh Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by SNES Chalmers View Post
    Not sure exactly where to post this, but it looks like they are already recording Season 14's DVD commentaries; Mark Hoppus of the band Blink-182 posted on his blog that he was recently asked into the studio to be part of the commentary for the episode Barting Over, which Blink-182 were guest stars in.
    I have to say, I'm a little bit worried about that the fact that Al Jean isn't in the photo with the other commentary participants. I don't know if that's all of them but I've been wondering if he'd be able to do all the commentaries now since he's running the show at the same time. I was quite surprised actually that he was able to make it for all his Season 13 episodes.

Also on (another) nerdy note, Wow, I didn't know they'd be in seperate rows when recording the commentaries. I assumed they'd be in a semi-circle or something.

Blog Entries

Well really, the season 1 DVD came out about the same time season 13 started airing, so it's totally possible that every commentary has happened during Jean's run as showrunner. His involvement in Seasons 13+ commentary shouldn't be less than what it was for Seasons 3 + 4.

Fight Fire With Fire Dehumanizer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And Jean is on a lot of the season two commentaries as well. I'm sure he'll be on season fourteen, but maybe just not every single episode.

Quote Originally Posted by the real melvin View Post
    Well really, the season 1 DVD came out about the same time season 13 started airing, so it's totally possible that every commentary has happened during Jean's run as showrunner. His involvement in Seasons 13+ commentary shouldn't be less than what it was for Seasons 3 + 4.
    Yeah true, but there still were one or two commentaries during Season 3 & 4 where he was absent and Mike Reiss filled in and vice versa (I know they did seperate commentaries in Season 3 for the eps they missed though). I'm hoping there won't be less involvement with future DVD releases. At the risk of sounding picky, it doesn't feel right if they do a Simpsons commentary without the showrunner for the episode there, since that's how they've been doing them all these years.

Thread Information