Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissLisaSimpson View Post
    Yes we did have the movie out on DVD (and Blu-Ray, I think) a day before Region 1
    Thanks for confirming that. I thought it was something like that LOL.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So it's september. Are we gonna get Simpsons S14 soon or what, fellow Europeans?

Nope; it seems like the preliminary release date has been pushed to mid-October according to Amazon.co.uk and mid-November according to two well-known Swedish DVD online stores so we Europeans are not out of the woods.

Anyway, let me get this straight: so they are greatly delaying the DVD release just because they have the 500th episode going on down along the line?; well, I must admit that feels pretty stupid and I don't think the 500th episode is gonna help the DVD sales all that much.

Blog Entries

it being released less than 3 weeks before christmas here might help sales.

Blog Entries

I wonder if they are ever gonna consider to close the giant gap between the season they are airing and the season they are releasing.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With how shitty the economy is doing, releasing 2 seasons a year would be 'wrong' because, one, releasing too many seasons too fast would reduce demand and sales, and two Fox wants to keep the revenue stream alive for as long as possible.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Blog Entries

Yeah, I guess that's their motivation.

Blog Entries

It's Amazing that we can't buy this DVD.... anywhere

There has not even been an official Press Release yet.....
    Last edited by qwerasdf; 09-09-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

You guys actually liked this season? I thought it was awful. With the exception of a few episodes.

Blog Entries

I thought it was the best season after S9.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what to think of Season 14 as a whole since I've purposely avoided re-watching its episodes for a long time now just waiting for this release. When I look up episode titles and remember what they were actually about I do notice some are better than others but then that is only natural. I am almost 100% sure I prefer at least Season 16 to it though, but then I'm starting to think I actually prefer Season 16 to 9 so I dunno....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    ...but then I'm starting to think I actually prefer Season 16 to 9 so I dunno....

Blog Entries

i don't have a huge opinion on the season, mostly because i haven't seen the episodes in such a long time. but the ones i have seen have been great, and easily better than 10-12 (though that's of course not really saying much).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    Sarcasm or not I know Jake and I probably still prefer season 9 actually but Season 16 as a whole is much fresher in my mind at the moment. I just enjoy that season far more than the average nohomers member. Probably the only season past 9 with at least ten episodes I really like, but then maybe Season 14 will be the same.
    Last edited by Oh, that's raspberry!; 09-10-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Kang and Kodos invite you to add this Emmy Award winning season to your collection filled with your favorite guest stars (Mick Jagger, Lenny Kravitz, Tony Hawk, Blink 182, and more) and exclusive features that will satisfy your hunger. The Simpsons Season 14 is available on Blu-ray and DVD.
    Today Fox Home Entertainment officially solicited to retailers The Simpsons - The Complete 14th Season, which we've previously reported will be in stores on December 6th. They've confirmed that the DVD version ($49.98 SRP for a 4-disc set) will have both the normal package and a special "Limited Edition Collector's Box", both seen below. The studio has also made a small change to the packaging of the Blu-ray Disc version ($59.99 SRP for a 3-disc set), which is also seen below...the BD set will NOT get the limited edition box version. More importantly, they've revealed the complete list of bonus material for these!
    A Haunting Invite From Matt Groening

Audio Commentaries on every episode with Executive Producers Al Jean and Mike Scully, joined by Writers, Actors and Directors
    It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
    The 300th Episode Featurette
    In The Beginning
    The Halloween Classics
    Foolish Earthlings
    Deleted Scenes with Commentary
    Multi-Angle Animation Showcase
    Original Sketches
    Bonus Treehouse of Horror Episodes (exclusive to Blu-ray)
    Special Language Feature and much more!
    Those will accompany the 22 featured episodes running 482 minutes (bonus Treehouse of Horror episodes exclusive to the Blu-ray version bring the BD set's running time up to 527 minutes). The DVD specs show full screen video, audio options in English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French Dolby Digital and Spanish Dolby Digital, plus subtitles in English and Spanish. For the Blu-ray version the episodes will continue to be in full screen 1.33:1 aspect ratio (as originally aired), but in high definition resolution. Audio options include English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French: 5.1 Dolby Digital, and Spanish: 5.1 Dolby Digital. English and Spanish subtitles are on board as well. As of this writing Amazon only lists one of the DVD sets, and isn't actually accepting pre-order for it yet. Stay tuned!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sim...#ixzz1ZILIeXJt

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sim...#ixzz1ZIL6WiSP

We're out of time.

Gotta love TVShowsonDVD.com. They always deliver.

Only 6 more season sets to go until we start getting the gorgeous pristine widescreen HD episodes on Blu-Ray.

Blog Entries

I ain't buying this on blu-ray, but if those bonus segments are from later ToH I'll be kinda annoyed. Otherwise don't care and still think this should've been out a month ago but yeah, at least we finally have official confirmation.

Blog Entries

I ain't buying this on blu-ray, but if those bonus segments are from later ToH I'll be kinda annoyed. Otherwise don't care and still think this should've been out a month ago but yeah, at least we finally have official confirmation.
    I'm not sure how it's a "bonus" as 90% of the THoHs worth watching have already been released.

Internet, eh? Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar

What the hell is the point with this shitty THOH theme? They're releasing it at Christmas, not halloween? And why will there be 'bonus' THOH episodes on the Season 14 Blu ray? Who's bright idea was that? It doesn't make any sense? If you want to give the consumer more 'value for money', lower the price, don't dump episodes from other Seasons on the discs.

What a total embarrassment.

NHC's fly on the wall lionelhutz123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it a thoh short from another season or is it a season 14 idea that was scrapped?

Blog Entries

Damn, it's a shame that the extra THOH episode is Blu-Ray exclusive.. I'd rather buy it on DVD, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper
    What the hell is the point with this shitty THOH theme? They're releasing it at Christmas, not halloween?
    Well if the new UK date is correct, then region 2 is getting it on the 10th October 2011... which means that it is close to halloween.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Doing the math, it appears the blu-ray version will include two bonus THOH episodes.

527-482=45
    45/2=22.5 minutes

If they're pre-14 THOH episodes, whats the point? And if they are two HD THOH episodes, which my guess is they are given the blu-ray format, they're pretty weak picks. XX was pretty good, but XXI was weak.

I'm going for the DVD version as it simply has more in terms of package art, disc art and menu animations. I also hate how cheap the blu-ray versions are. Yes, the DVD cases method of disc storage is lame, but I'd take the accordion fold cardboard case with all the pretty art over a standard clear blue blu-ray case. Also, it has been argued here before, but I don't see that much of an improvement in the SD episodes move to blu-ray. It's slight and subtle, and I know its there, but it's not enough to warrant the larger price and dip in packaging (creatively speaking). Plus, the DVD version fits in with the other sets on the shelf.

Oh, and unrelated, but I noticed the other Fox DVD news that tvshowsondvd shared and spotted this not so subtle similarity:

Last edited by Captain Squid; 09-30-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    UP AND ATOM!

It looks like they've changed the Blu Ray packaging to be the same as the DVD's. If that is the case, I might go Blu Ray instead of DVD. If the packaging for Blu Ray and DVD are exactly the same and the only difference is picture quality, then I'll probably go Blu Ray. If the Blu Ray is missing some of the cool artwork that comes with the DVD, then I won't get it.

Also, Amazon is now taking pre-orders

Blu Ray http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Compl...7404530&sr=8-2

It also has 2 listings for DVD, one for special edition and one for standard I'd assume, but it doesn't distinguish which is which. Could be problematic til they get some pictures up there.

DVD 1 http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Compl...7404643&sr=8-4

DVD 2 http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Compl...7404643&sr=8-5

Blog Entries

Ordered

Blog Entries

definitely getting this the first day. as usual, looking forward to the packaging and the deleted scenes. maybe some commentaries (the one for large marge may or may not be interesting).

Still down for October 10th in the UK according to amazon.co.uk. Looking like it might actually stick this time, if so I'll be getting this shortly...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

Assuming it sticks please someone who gets it early feel free(or obligated) to give us details on commentaries and other extras/pics of disc art, etc...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otis P Jivefunk View Post
    Still down for October 10th in the UK according to amazon.co.uk. Looking like it might actually stick this time, if so I'll be getting this shortly...
    Hopefully it will. However, Season 13 was pushed back by a week just one week before its release.

Assuming it sticks please someone who gets it early feel free(or obligated) to give us details on commentaries and other extras/pics of disc art, etc...
    I'll gladly post a load of photos. I always buy the new releases first thing in the morning. So unless someone beats me too it, I will upload some photos for you all.

The Smart Simpson LittleMissLisaSimpson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merzitar View Post
    I'll gladly post a load of photos. I always buy the new releases first thing in the morning. So unless someone beats me too it, I will upload some photos for you all.
    I'll help upload some pictures too. I usually get my dvd first thing too

"Trust in yourself & you can achieve anything" - Lisa Simpson
    Favourite Season - Season 4

Thread Information