Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah I like to hear every commentary at least once.

Without cheating, how many commentaries is Mike Reiss in? (the first answer gets a private message of an extra feature I have not revealed yet).

Edit: only for the season 14 DVD.

Blog Entries

I assume you mean of Season 14 cause otherwise that's terribly off topic but even still a contest for extras, really? 3?

it's not three

it's either 6 or 7.

choose one

Blog Entries

A question to get an information ?

Pretend it's a reindeer Financial Prancer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

uhh.. 6!
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Homer's Triple Bypass Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Blog Entries

7!

Pretend it's a reindeer Financial Prancer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dang it...

Blog Entries

what the hell

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    7!
    Correct! You should receive a private message soon.

Edit: Sent!

New Contest for me to reveal another extra feature.
    No cheating!

How many episodes did Conan O'Brien write?
    (a) 5
    (b) 6
    (c) 4
    (d) I don't know

Blog Entries

Interesting little piece of info. RJS I never would have expected Dr. Zoidberg to be in this set...

EDIT: 4 including the ToH wraparounds

EDIT 2: And Leela on the cover of Playboy!!!!

correct!

Edit: That's the last contest question.

Blog Entries

this thread....

Blog Entries

Well technically it still has to do with Season 14...

My personal theory for why Kang (and yes, I do think it IS Kang) is on the cover:

I think the idea behind these secondary character covers are that they want to showcase a particular regular voice actor (outside of their portrayal as a Simpson, if relevant). I don't know if that idea has been specifically stated as being the plan for these, but that was always my impression.

Showcasing a Harry Shearer character is unavoidable. He's a huge presence on the show, yes. But he's also a known crank when it comes to the Simpsons and biting the hand that feeds him by criticizing the show's quality a little too publicly. So what better way to bite back by showcasing Kang? You can make the case that he's a larger-than-life and highly-recognizable character and somewhat of a fan-favorite (Being diligent with their inclusion on the Halloween Shows supports this) but at the same time he's completely interchangeable with Castellaneta's Kodos. So you can showcase Shearer and also not at the same time.

Again, this might all be hogwash that only exists in my head. But it's fun to speculate. Also, this was my theory before hearing that Lovejoy might possibly make Season 15's cover. If I wanted to insist that my theory is in fact correct, I could say that Lovejoy was a guilt-driven decision to give Shearer a proper showcase. But I imagine others know much better than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Wellington View Post
    this thread....
    You missed out on knowing two special features.

Blog Entries

you've made 80 posts in this thread in 2 days

knock it off

Blog Entries

RJS160- yes, by having a 'contest' that involved pretty much nothing but +1ing.

pretty much every post on this page has been a +1 on some form.

i mean, wondering and asking 'which commentary are you guys most/least looking forward to' is a good question. my response, even though i probably won't listen to all of them:

most looking forward to: probably large marge, or moe baby blues
    least looking forward to: i dunno.

I don't get why you all keep having the exact conversations. every post is either about the DVD bonus features (which we know most of, it not all of, by now), or a question about the set, i.e. about the commentaries. i mean, is this what the thread is going to be like every day until the DVD/Blu Ray comes out?!

i know i sound like a jerk, but this has honestly been bugging me today. a lot of the posts are just restating what has already been said (which is fine in some cases, i mean, knowing all the bonus features in one post stating them all that we have at this point), but how many times can we say "oh, the commentary i am most looking forward to is Moe Baby Blues" (or whatever episode it is for you).

I just read all of the bonus features and I think they are excellent. Who gave them to you?

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum mysterious stranger who happens to share an IP address and initials and birthdate with RJS160

Who's RJS160?

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arnie Pie

Quote Originally Posted by RJS160 View Post
    it's either 6 or 7.

choose one

Blog Entries

Thanks for ruining this thread.......

as the creator can we close it till we have concrete infomation
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Junior Camper

Season 14 DVD release date

I saw that the season 14 thread was locked and I didn't see this announced anywhere on this board, but apparently Season 14 won't be released until December 6th in the US.

I saw the date posted on the Simpsons' Comic-Con poster, although it's kind of hard to make out. I also found this article, which also seems to confirm the date.

I'm disappointed that it'll be longer than a year in between releases of Season 13 and 14. I can only hope that means a shorter window between 14 and 15.

Blog Entries

Wow, December 6th? If that's true I'm guessing all that info we got was also false. I had hoped it was true though. But maybe it was pushed back? Amazon UK is still claiming it comes out September 19th there though and if that's true that means we'll get it over a month later which seems ridiculous. Man I thought waiting until August was bad, but December?

I guess I was wrong to hope for Season 15 anytime before Fall of 2012....

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The longer the wait, the more it becomes an impulse buy.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Blog Entries

Well I was gonna buy this first week regardless, but David Silverman also said late summer so this was definitely pushed back and if it is just to get more impulse buys then that's pretty shitty.

Thread Information