Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I will upload pictures if someone else doesn't first, but I'll be at work all day so by evening I bet someone will have already done so. If not then I will...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissLisaSimpson View Post
    I'll help upload some pictures too. I usually get my dvd first thing too
    Alrighty then. Sounds great. Do you plan on taking photos of the actual box set, or screen caps of the menus and whatever?

I'm really interested in seeing what the Blu Ray packaging looks like for this set. If anyone gets the Blu Ray I'd really appreciate some pics. Hopefully it's the same packaging as the DVD.

The Smart Simpson LittleMissLisaSimpson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merzitar View Post
    Alrighty then. Sounds great. Do you plan on taking photos of the actual box set, or screen caps of the menus and whatever?
    The menus more than likely

"Trust in yourself & you can achieve anything" - Lisa Simpson
    Favourite Season - Season 4

Why UK have it before us ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissLisaSimpson View Post
    The menus more than likely
    Ok, that's handy then. I am planning on taking many photos of the box set itself (limited edition DVD)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    Why UK have it before us ?
    Not sure. However, we have recieved some early before (I think I remember talking about this a few months back?)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Crossing my fingers someone gets this for me for Christmas, as I don't feel like wasting money on a post-classic season. But if someone buys it for me, like someone did with 13, I'll happily watch them frequently (as the show hasn't really phased out JUST yet)

Quote Originally Posted by merzitar View Post
    Not sure. However, we have recieved some early before (I think I remember talking about this a few months back?)
    We've had the 1st, 2nd and 11th seasons before Region 1. Region 2 had Seasons 1 and 11, one day before Region 1. Region 2 had Season 2 28 days before Region 1

Season 1

Region 1 - September 25, 2001
    Region 2 - September 24, 2001

Season 2

Region 1 - August 6, 2002
    Region 2 -July 8, 2002

Season 11

Region 1 - October 7, 2008
    Region 2 -October 6, 2008

Thanks for the info ! I didn't know because I just start to buy the DVD in 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    Thanks for the info ! I didn't know because I just start to buy the DVD in 2009...
    I started getting the dvd's when I had season 4,5 & 6 for Christmas in 2006.

I actually walked into a shop and bought Season One on September 24th 2001, I still remember it clearly. I also remember about a year before Season One came out Fox did a questionnaire asking fans what they wanted, as in would they rather compilations of episodes or would they like whole seasons released on DVD? Of course when I filled it out I put whole seasons. I guess luckily enough other people did too...

Blog Entries

Yup - I'm the same as Otis. I bought Season 1 in 2001, and continued to purchase new seasons on the day they were released. Really looking forward to Season 14 again. Only three days left!

1 month and 30 days for me

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

If I have working batteries for my camera, I'll take photos and menu shots as soon as I return with the set. If I'm beaten, oh well. :P

Also, I'll make a DVD Companion page on my site, outlining all the special features, animations etc... for the set. So those that have to wait can at least see what special features it has in more detail, like who's in the Audio Commentaries. :P

Sorry for the double post, here's some pics of the set and screenshots below...

Here's some pics and screenshots of the set:

Last edited by YellowFever; 10-08-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn that is nice!!!!

I really love the artwork and well just about everything here, now I just want the actual set! Really awesome job on posting this stuff man. Now to wait for the audio commentary lists.

BTW: I stared at the Season XIII tombstone for like a full minute thinking they made a mistake before realizing they were saying Season 13 was dead and buried to make way for the new season, very nice little detail but then there are quite a few of them.

while I play unfitting music CousinMerl's Avatar

Wow, many thanks for the solid quality pics!; now I must admit that I am definitely a fan of the Halloween theme and the DVD set does not disappoint (and it seems like the menus have their own introduction sequence with the characters walking through the mansion gates that opens before them and one of the saucer hovering infront of the mansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Damn that is nice!!!!

I really love the artwork and well just about everything here, now I just want the actual set! Really awesome job on posting this stuff man. Now to wait for the audio commentary lists.

BTW: I stared at the Season XIII tombstone for like a full minute thinking they made a mistake before realizing they were saying Season 13 was dead and buried to make way for the new season, very nice little detail but then there are quite a few of them.
    No problemo! It was a complete surprise seeing this arrive this morning, only got the dispatch e-mail yesterday! Also, you can probably find the audio commentary list over at BBFC.co.uk. I'll see if I can get it now! And yeah, I really love all the little touches they put into the artwork, they really think about every little detail!

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Wow, many thanks for the solid quality pics!; now I must admit that I am definitely a fan of the Halloween theme and the DVD set does not disappoint (and it seems like the menus have their own introduction sequence with the characters walking through the mansion gates that opens before them and one of the saucer hovering infront of the mansion).
    Took these with my phone! And yeah, you're right it starts with the characters walking through the gates then the UFO then 'The Simpsons' appears in blood red, we zoom through the 'p' and it reveals the main menu, basically!

Also, it's quite surreal to be in a position where I'm the first person to upload pics for the new season set, if you know what I mean! This two-month US-UK gap is ridiculous, like someone said before this would have been perfect for a Halloween release, like it is over here. Wonder if Season 15 will get a Christmas theme (Assuming it's released in Dec '12)

Blog Entries

Have to say the artwork is fantastic as usual. I love the little details, like the picture of uncle Eldred from Lisa's Wedding (or is it Otto?) and the painting of Maude in the background of the menu artwork. Makes me want to consider buying it, despite the average episodes.

Wow, that's great artwork!!!! Thanks a lot for the post YellowFever. I'm going to have to wait until November 16th 2011 (release date in France) before I can get my hands on it.

Thank you very much for the picture !!!

Thanks so much for putting up the pics. I love the Halloween design of the inside of the boxset. How did you get it so early? Did you pre-order it?

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot YellowFever for theses pictures.
    This boxset is very well done!

Blog Entries

thanks a ton for putting up pictures of this. looks amazing. i was debating whether or not to get this when it comes out, or wait till christmas. the pictures you have put up has helped me make up my mind

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Fantastic art this time!

Shame the blu-ray (probably) won't have any of that awesome art. Interested to hear a confirmation of the blu just having a standard blue snapper case.

Damn FOX. Halloween theme would be PERFECT for this month, and instead they give us a damn HALLOWEEN themed set in... December? What is this? Nightmare Before Christmas?
    UP AND ATOM!

while I play unfitting music CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Damn FOX. Halloween theme would be PERFECT for this month, and instead they give us a damn HALLOWEEN themed set in... December? What is this? Nightmare Before Christmas?
    Speaking of which, they should have sneaked in a Jack Skellington head somewhere in the box art.

But really, I agree; with the set looking like this and all, it's a shame that the release has been pushed back (and it seems like Sweden will get it in November).

Wow. It looks fantastic. You'd think by now I'd be used to how these sets work but the amount of detail put in always blows me away. Really really cool. The current show might not be all that great, but they definately put some time and effort into making sure these sets are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiggs View Post
    The current show might not be all that great, but they definately put some time and effort into making sure these sets are.
    i was just thinking that whilst re-reading the posts. it's kind of weird how they try so hard on the sets, and other things (like the guide books, or the library of wisdom books, amongst other things), yet the current show is so... well, you all know. do they take longer on the sets, and books to make them more creative, or is it just some coincidence

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    i was just thinking that whilst re-reading the posts. it's kind of weird how they try so hard on the sets, and other things (like the guide books, or the library of wisdom books, amongst other things), yet the current show is so... well, you all know. do they take longer on the sets, and books to make them more creative, or is it just some coincidence
    Different teams producing the DVDs and books are probably the reason for this. My guess is FOX Home Video has a major hand in the quality of the DVDs, and Bongo is responsible for the quality of the books. Personally I think the people who produce the DVDs and the folks at Bongo are the strongest creative forces behind the Simpsons right now, often outdoing the show's crew.

Thread Information