Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Wellington View Post
    because i have large marge and three gays of the condo on dvd already (kiss and tell dvd), i've seen Dude, where's my Ranch countless times, and I saw Special Edna not too long ago
    I have the dude, where's my ranch? on DVD (Christmas 2) but I want to hear the commentary.

Simmer Down There, Sparky Skylark Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i don't listen to many commentaries so it's no loss to me. i'll eventually watch it anyway, i'm just saying since i've seen those episodes a lot, i'm not as excited for them

There will be an Animatic with Illustrated commentary for "Strong Arms of the Ma". This may or may not be an easter egg.

What do you think of the DVD extras so far?

Edit: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being horrible and 10 being excellent).

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty good, the big thing with me is commentaries, as long as we have them I'm fine with the set. Matt's bigger involvement is also a definite plus.

Blog Entries

I'm really disappointed we only have the first short in the DVD extras.

Blog Entries

What you mean the Ullman Shorts? Yeah I wish we had them by now.

Too bad they won't release them on DVD with commentary. I would actually like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    What you mean the Ullman Shorts? Yeah I wish we had them by now.
    Oh yes, in France we call them "shorts" but yes I'm talking about the Ullman Show.

i wonder if this will fit the

DVDs are traditionally released on Tuesday - all new media is, usually. I can't think of a single release in recent years that wasn't on a Tuesday. I'd be willing to be you're a day off. August 23 is a Tuesday, and that seems plausible.

Blog Entries

I have always suspected, for literally no reason, that we'll get them one day, maybe when the new Season 20 comes out.

i wonder if this will fit the

Shit, I was at the bottom of page 18 and didn't see we had a 19 and 20 already :P Mod remove my post(s) so I don't look like an idiot :P

What would it be like if Seth MacFarlane was in a simpsons commentary?

Blog Entries

I imagine we'd have several pointless cuts to other audio clips like FDR's "Fear itself" speech or Conway Twitty....

or an argument with Al Jean and James L. Brooks over the whole "controversy" from the simpsons scene in in the family guy episode "Movin' Out (Brian's Song)".

RJS, am I correct in assuming there will be a "Best of Kang and Kodos" bonus feature?

Yes there will be but it is undergoing title changes at the moment. The title that is most possible is "Aliens Attack: The Best of Kang & Kodos".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RJS160 View Post
    or an argument with Al Jean and James L. Brooks over the whole "controversy" from the simpsons scene in in the family guy episode "Movin' Out (Brian's Song)".
    Family Guy went way over the boarder with that scene. There is funny, there is tasteless and funny(see South Park), and then there is just tasteless, which is what that was. Significantly helped turn me off of Family Guy.

That scene wasn't even funny.

Blog Entries

Well yes, that's what I was trying to say...

The Unluckiest Mole-like Man Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So...uh, what's your least favorite episode from season 14?

Blog Entries

Strummer Vacation rather easily, so bad it is the only episode I haven't seen at least once in the last 5 years. I watched it on the night it first aired and that was literally the only time.

Mike Scully is one of the show runners for the upcoming FOX shows "Napoleon Dynamite".
    http://www.fox.com/programming/_ugc/...amite_2011.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Comicshow MolemanBob View Post
    So...uh, what's your least favorite episode from season 14?
    I don't really have a least favorite episode because I liked all of them.

Blog Entries

Must be trying to help the Simpsons by sabotaging it, not that it needs help imo, I hated the movie to begin with.

Updated list of known info...
    The Simpsons the Fourteenth Season will be released on DVD and Blu Ray on August 23, 2011 in the U.S. and September 19 in Region 2
    Disc 1
    Treehouse of Horror XIII” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, David Silverman

How I Spent My Strummer Vacation” – Matt Groening, Mike Scully, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Carolyn Omine, and Mike B. Anderson.

Bart vs. Lisa vs. the Third Grade” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Tim Long, Steven Dean Moore, David Silverman, Mike Reiss, Yeardley Smith

Large Marge” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Mike Scully, Jim Reardon, Julie Kavner

Helter Shelter” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Joel H. Cohen, Mark Kirkland, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith

Disc 2
    The Great Louse Detective” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, John Frink, Don Payne, David Mirkin, Steven Dean Moore, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta

Special Edna” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, Joel H. Cohen, Dana Gould, Bob Anderson, David Silverman, Marcia Wallace (cameo only)

The Dad Who Knew Too Little” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, Mark Kirkland, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith

Strong Arms of the Ma” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Carolyn Omine, Pete Michels, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta

Pray Anything” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, David Mirkin, Michael Polcino

Barting Over” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Max Pross, Matt Selman, Tom Gammill, Dan Castellanta, Hank Azaria, Mark Hoppus, Tony Hawk, J. Stuart Burns

Disc 3
    I’m Spelling as Fast as I Can” – Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Carolyn Omine, Dana Gould, Mike Reiss, Nancy Kruse, Yeardley Smith

A Star is Born Again” – Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Brian Kelley, Michael Marcantel, Marisa Tomei, Mike Reiss, David Silverman

Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, Lance Kramer, David Silverman, Joe Mantegna

C.E.D’oh” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, Dana Gould, Mike Reiss, Mike B. Anderson, Jon Lovitz

’Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Dan Greaney, Steven Dean Moore, Eric Idle, Joe Mantegna

Three Gays of the Condo” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Matt Warburton, Mark Kirkland, David Silverman, Mike Reiss, Dan Castellaneta, "Weird Al" Yankovic

Disc 4
    Dude, Where’s My Ranch?” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith

Old Yeller Belly” – Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Ian Maxtone-Graham, John Frink, Don Payne, Bob Anderson, Mike Reiss, Dan Castellaneta

Brake My Wife, Please” – Al Jean, Matt Selman, Tim Long, Max Pross, Mike Reiss, Pete Michels, David Silverman

The Bart of War” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, Marc Wilmore, David Mirkin, Michael Polcino, David Silverman, Nancy Cartwright, Pamela Hayden

Moe Baby Blues” – Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, J. Stewart Burns, Lauren MacMullan, David Silverman, Hank Azaria, Joe Mantegna

Bonus Features
    The deleted scenes (with commentary) will be with Al Jean and Mike Scully (cameo only)

Featurette: Retrospective with producers talking about the first 300 episodes

Animation Showcase for “Helter Shelter”

Featurette: The music of the show’s fourteenth season featuring “Weird Al” Yankovic, Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Mike Scully, and footage of all of the musicians who guest starred during the season

Special Language Feature for “Treehouse of Horror XIII”

Animatic with Illustrated commentary for “Strong Arms of the Ma” (possibly an easter egg)

Featurette: The Best of Kang & Kodos, possibly titled “Aliens Attack: The Best of Kang & Kodos”

A Look Back with Matt Groening, James L. Brooks & Al Jean will be found on the fourth disc

An introduction to the DVD by series creator Matt Groening
    Last edited by The Wiggs; 06-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Strummer Vacation rather easily, so bad it is the only episode I haven't seen at least once in the last 5 years. I watched it on the night it first aired and that was literally the only time.
    Yeah, I also share your point of view Oh, that's raspberry Strummer Vacation isn't that good. But I find that there are episodes that are even worse such as Large Marge, Special Edna, Strong Arms of the Ma, A Star is born again and Mr. Spritz goes to Washington.

I find that the end of Season 14 is a lot more solid than the beginning of the Season. I love and enjoy watching practically all of the episodes at the end of Season 14 starting off at C.E. D'oh (Episode 15).

But that's only my opinion. I'm sure there are some fans that like the beginning of Season 14 more than the ending.

The Unluckiest Mole-like Man Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So...

Disc 1

"Treehouse of Horror XIII"
    "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation"
    "Bart vs. Lisa vs. the Third Grade"
    "Large Marge"
    "Helter Shelter"

Disc 2

"The Great Louse Detective"
    "Special Edna"
    "The Dad Who Knew Too Little"
    "Strong Arms of the Ma"
    "Pray Anything"
    "Barting Over"

Disc 3

""I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can"
    "A Star Is Born-Again"
    "Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington"
    "C.E. D'oh"
    "'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky
    "Three Gays of the Condo"

Disc 4

"Dude, Where's My Ranch?"
    "Old Yeller Belly"
    "Brake My Wife, Please"
    "The Bart of War"
    "Moe Baby Blues"

Sounds about right

Edit: Well that was a waste of time

Blog Entries

Strong Arms of the Ma has a solid first half or so, and I genuinely enjoy Mr. Spritz but the others you mention are only around average for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanderoma View Post
    Yeah, I also share your point of view Oh, that's raspberry Strummer Vacation isn't that good. But I find that there are episodes that are even worse such as Large Marge, Special Edna, Strong Arms of the Ma, A Star is born again and Mr. Spritz goes to Washington.

I find that the end of Season 14 is a lot more solid than the beginning of the Season. I love and enjoy watching practically all of the episodes at the end of Season 14 starting off at C.E. D'oh (Episode 15).

But that's only my opinion. I'm sure there are some fans that like the beginning of Season 14 more than the ending.
    Thats surprising to me. I like "Special Edna" and "Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington" a lot and I don't really mind "Large Marge". I do agree though that the second half of the season is better and "C.E.D'oh" is definately a great episode.

Thread Information