View Poll Results: How would you rate "The Frying Game"?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 "How much money did he piss away on this?"

29 12.66%
  • 2/5 "..And the elephant that couldn't stop laughing was put to death."

32 13.97%
  • 3/5 "Do you really think Homer could be a killer?"

68 29.69%
  • 4/5 "It IS our last night, and our cells are side by side.."

83 36.24%
  • 5/5 "The only thing she's guilty of is loving too much."

17 7.42%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Rate "The Frying Game" (DABF16)?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

How Would You Rate "The Frying Game" (DABF16)?

When you see the episode, post your review here.

For MY full review, follow the link below:
    www.thespringfieldshopper.com/reviewdabf16.htm
    Signature.

It was a funny episode. I liked the fight reverend lovejoy had, and I also liked the Green Mile Parody. 4/5

Slack-Jawed Yokel

Yes all that was great... but aren't you forgetting something?

DAMNIT WHY AREN"T YOU ALL AS HAPPY AS I AM! For goodness sake, the Del Roys adopt Bart and Lisa!

It was a pretty good episode. The last part of the episode got too serious in my opinion but the ending seemed to make up for that. Overall I give it a 4/5.

The Spring in Springfield

It had a great mix of humor and emotion and the characters were used well. Also, Gil wasn't as annoying, as now he is probably going to be the new Simpsons laywer. The Yeeees guy wasn't as annoying either. Also Carmen Electra's appearance wasn't as pointless as most guest stars. Also, I could imagine it in season 4, like most of season 13. 5/5. The only thing I don't get, is how Mr. Burns just covered for Homer for no reason.

It had a really bad ending. That was the only part, along with a few sex jokes, that made the episode lose some points. Everything else was great. I loved the Green Mile parody. The reverand Lovejoyight was one of the funniest. "Why won't you go have sex with your wife?"
    The Cletus part was pretty good.

Just watched it from Simpsons100,
    4/5, It was better than most new ones, and it wasnt as filthy and infunny as The Sweetest Apu.

3/5 it was ok.. I didn't like the screamapillar at all. That reminded me of Family Guy when he couldn't kill the crows.
    yep

I would actually give this about a 4.5/5, but I had to vote 4 on the poll. I found this episode good: it had a quite-good plot, I even felt they ended it up quite well, and although the inevitable sex jokes made an appearance they were kept in check. The characters stayed in character more or less, and overall I would say this was a great episode.

3/5.
    Meh, it was okay: nothing special, but not too bad. I probably wold have given it a 4, except for the FYG's appearance and the ending sucked.

I thought it was an ok episode. It had alot of funny parts in it, but the ending of the episode really sucked!

DAMMIT! The episode was doing so great and they had to piss it away with that shit they call an ending! I loved the rest of the episode but they had to ruin it. I'll try to forget the horrible ending and give it a 4/5

Ruler of the Underworld

Well it was ok i didn't like it too much i'll give it a 3/5.
    the Green Mile parody was really funny, the ending sucked totaly.

Junior Camper

it was ok...

the plot and characters seemed out of... umm... character at times, and the ending was kind of lame, but not the worst...
    I laughed a few times, there were some really funny jokes, so it wasn't the worst episode, but I had to give it a 3/5....
    that's all I got...

p.e.a.c.e.

Jonah - have you done your guide page yet? If not, I don't care if Ms. Bellamy (or whatever the old lady's name is ) had a bigger role - do Brandine as the episode bio. You may not get another chance.

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Booo! So bored all the way through! 2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    i turn to phil when in need
    fuck my parents

Junior Camper

Wow. Simply tasteless. I'm not going to vote as I missed the first act entirely. However, I can comment on the last acts. There were some good jokes, and it was touching how Homer sacrificed himself for Marge. Then they had to ruin that by making such a tasteless ending. Even as a satire of reality TV and a dig at Fox, it went too far. As a strong opponent of the death penalty, I must say that making light of it like that was too much for me. Oh, well, to each his own I suppose.
    S3: Stark Raving Dad
    S4: New Kid on the Block
    S5: Marge on the Lam
    S6: Lisa's Rival
    S7: Lisa the Vegetarian
    S8: A Milhouse Divided
    S9: Dumbbell Indemnity
    S10: Bart the Mother
    S11: Faith Off
    S12: Pokey Mom
    S13: Homer the Moe

Stonecutter

4/5 I was surprised with this one. From the look of the description and promo card, i thought this was gunna be another scully-like episode. I liked how the story built up and how the characthers acted. Humor was top-notch and loved the idea of the game-show parody in the end. It looked like they were making fun of the Jamie Kennedy Expierment on the WB (Jamie Kennedy is either my 5th or 6th cousin somehow) or something Like that. Season 13 polls are coming out either tomorrow or tuesday at latest. It's good to be back

I gave it a 4/5, but in a season like four or eight, it would probably be a 3/5. I liked the screaming caterpillar, and the ending was okay. The good part about the ending was that it wasn't really expected. I thought it was funny when Gil was reading a book about how to be a ________ (I forget, it was some different job) after he screwed up as their lawyer. One of the better of season 13.

The Notorious “JLJ”

I thought this episode was pretty average when compared it to the rest of the season. Some of the jokes were funny, alas, some weren't. The plot was okay, I suppose, and I didn't mind the wacky ending THAT much, although it reminded me a bit too much of the ending from "The Great Money Caper". Eh, but whatareyougonnado? 3.5/5. Not great, but not bad either.

When does the hurting stop? This episode really, really stunk, and it deserves a 2/5 rating (though I voted 4/5 on accident). The first act was HORRIBLE. The scream-a-pilar...never have I seen such a stupid plot device in my life.
    The second and third acts weren't too great either, and I just plain hated the ending. However, there were a couple of decent jokes to save it from the realms of a 1/5 rating. Reverend Lovejoy's fight with the Catholic was interesting, and there was some emotion! It was surprising when Homer wanted to sacrifice his life for Marge, and it was slightly touching. Still, I hated this episode. Weird how I voted 5/5 on last week's episode, huh?
    This week's Invention Exchange:
    Cake 'N Shake: the cake with a real exotic dancer, all in one box!
    "Now even mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy a Chippendale dancer at little Jimmy's seventh birthday!

Wallowing in own filth

They could have gotten alot of mileage out of Cletus and Brandine being foster parents. I wonder if the Catholics will be complaining about Lovejoy's remarks but I suppose they have much bigger problems to worry about.

is back from the dead

This episode seemed like an idiotic Saturday Morning cartoon version. The humor was strained, wacky, and badly timed often, and the plot was jumpy and ludicrous. There were a few good jokes, though (the screamapillar, the trial), but in general, it was a highly mediocre episode. I just thought: "Is this the Simpsons?" throughout. I never had fun watching this and enjoyed this episode precious little. A tedious rant from Dana Gould. Then there was the ending...it was even more jumpy and tasteless then the rest. Ick. C.

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

Well, now that I've seen the episode, Brandine isn't all that hot a choice. Go with Ms. Bellamy.

Pretty good episode. It was pretty funny the way Homer and Marge had to care for the screamapillar like a baby, and the scenes at Ms. Bellamy's house were pretty cool. The episode took a very serious turn when Homer and Marge are sentenced to death, but that ending - jeez, what a cop-out. Just a pointless tack on and some cheap excuse to feature Carmen Electra. But other than the ending, I'd give it a 3.5/5.

I thought it was pretty damn funny, everything in it was non Simpson like...but who gives a damn, it was funny. I liked the Green Mile parody, the screamapillar thing was so funny I laughed my ass off, same thing with the ending, and yes, I do like when things are so stupid it's humorous. And the Priest/Reverend fight was classic, and so was " If Homer killed everyone he said he would, who would be alive' was too. 4/5.

Rodent of Unusual Size HellBender's Avatar

Nothing spectacular, 3/5

Ooh, shit, you're right, they havn't done Brandine yet in the bio! I already made the page and did the Screamapillar. Well, hopefully I can do it for Wednesday's episode.

http://www.thespringfieldshopper.com/guidedabf16.htm

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

4/5. Very powerful final act, with a neat swerve at the end. Screamapillar scenes were amusing to me... made me laugh a bit.

Good EP, 4/5. Loved the screamapilla bits
    Last edited by Blinkythe3eyedfish; 05-19-2002 at 04:49 PM.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode was, well...kind of empty it had some funny bits and pieces: Marge thinking "how much did he piss away for this?", and Rev. Lovejoy duking it out with the Catholic Priest, however, the entire episode seemed as dry and arid as the Sahara desert.

Don't get me wrong. This episode wasn't offensively bad like the worst of the Simpsons in the past few seasons. It just seemed grossely uninspired.

A 3 outta 5.

Jake
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 05-19-2002 at 04:56 PM.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Thread Information