Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: upcoming episodes information (season 6)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

upcoming episodes information (season 6)

as with every thread of this nature, there may be slight spoilers ahead.

so as of this post, there are ten more episodes left to air this year, presumably with another 14 in 2011. (making for a total production order of 26) not sure when those episodes will air, but if I had to make a well-educated guess, I'd say they will be paired with the two south park runs in the spring and fall of 2011. as time goes on, we'll see, and I'll update it here.

so, here's what we know about the upcoming episodes of futurama, thanks to its own wikipedia article and the infosphere.

August 12: "A Clockwork Origin" - The theory of evolution is put to the test on a planet inhabited by robots.

August 19: "The Prisoner of Benda" - A revolutionary invention allows the crew members to exchange minds.

August 26: "Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences" - After a bungled Earth invasion, alien leader Lrrr faces a mid-life crisis.

September 2: "The Mutants are Revolting" (season finale) - Leela leads an army of underground mutants in a rebellion against the surface people; Amy gets her engineering degree

what is known for 2011: an episode named "The Silence of the Clamps", focusing, yes, on the character of Clamps, one of the Donbot's henchmen. also, a future episode is entitled "Cold Warriors". rumors indicate that an "Anthology of Interest"-esque (it might be the third one as well) episode surround three different holidays: Xmas, the fictional Robanukah and Kwanzaa, as well as the fact that the last episode in the production order (surprise, surprise) is being written by Ken Keeler as yet another intended series finale.

2011 info from got futurama:

Möbius Dick - The crew encounters a dangerous four-dimensional space whale.

Law & Oracle - Fed up with his go-nowhere job, Fry joins the police force.

The Tip of the Zoidberg - We finally learn the secret of how the Professor first met Dr. Zoidberg.

Ghost in the Machines - After Bender dies, his software takes on a ghostly existence.

Neutopia - The crew crash-lands on a planet where gender is unknown.

Yo Leela Leela - ???

Fry am the Egg Man -

All the Presidents' Heads - ???

Overclockwise - ???

Reincarnation (season finale) - In 3 mini-stories, Futurama is re-envisioned in 3 alternative animation styles.

comic con info:

-- Fry's pursuit of Leela will continue; their romance will be a theme throughout the season.

-- Amy and the Professor will switch bodies in order for the Professor to cheat death.

-- Grossest Comic Con moment goes to the Professor and Dr. Zoidberg, who engage in an icky (and passionate kiss).

-- We'll get to see what Planet Express looks like in 3030.

an episode named "benderama" will also air in 2011, which deals with bender making smaller clones of himself.

so, send in some vital info, I'll update it here, that's how it works. discuss.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-07-2010 at 12:57 PM.

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

also know a bit about a holiday episode and the next series finale

http://theinfosphere.org/6ACV13
    http://theinfosphere.org/6ACV26
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

futurama must be the first show ever to have three series finales. I hope comedy central renews just to get another one.

I'll add it, thanks.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Guy Haines

Blog Entries

i was hoping that the next show would slow down a bit from the premiere episodes, but on top of all the iphone/twitter/facebook stuff there's also this apparently

http://theinfosphere.org/Attack_of_the_Killer_App

the crew goes to a planet that is a waste dump to eliminate e-waste. The children of the planet strip the ship and Bender for waste. Soon the crew discover that children do all of the work on the planet, except for whipping the children.
    maybe it'll have a linear story, at least
    Last edited by Magnum; 06-26-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Blog Entries

wait, nevermind. some idiot probably just threw a bunch of throw-away gags from this preview into the plot description

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...waste-delivery

conflicted lulz + awesome animation
    Last edited by Magnum; 06-26-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Not entirely sure why they're gearing up to make 6ACV26 a proper series finale again. At this rate it won't air for around a year and a half anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Comedy Central renews it after the first group of episodes has aired, but they're definitely not going to do it this early on (geez, even The Simpsons only gets renewed a few months before the end of the last contracted season).

Also, it may be of note to include that The Mutants Are Revolting is the 100th episode.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

Banned
    Blog Entries

They all sound so good! I actually can't wait for "Attack of the Killer App", and of course, "The Late Phillip J. Fry".

We're out of time.

Season 6 of Futurama has a most interesting roster of writers:

Matt Groening - executive producer
    David X Cohen - executive producer / showrunner

Ken Keeler - executive producer
    Patric M Verrone - co-executive producer (WGA president aka 2007 strike)
    Michael Rowe - co-executive producer
    Dan Vebber - co-executive producer
    Josh Weinstein - co-executive producer
    Eric Horsted - co-executive producer

Most notable is Josh Weinstein's return to a Matt Groening cartoon production, after a near 10 year absence (he and Oakley worked on the third season). Good to have American Dad's Dan Vebber back on his Futurama roots.

Everybody else was a given, taking into account their work on the movies, including Patric Verrone.

Also unheard of, Matt Groening getting story credit on two consecutive episodes.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Magnum

Blog Entries

i want j. stewart burns

was ken keeler an EP during the first run? or the movies?
    Last edited by Magnum; 06-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Yeah, he was an EP for the 4th production season.

Nice little group they have there (that's subjective though, considering Verrone's spotty track record). I wonder who this Carolyn Premish is that co-write In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela.

shocked they let a newcomer write the second episode airing on the premiere night. risky shit.

Blog Entries

hey that's not a nice thing to say about matt groening

Blog Entries

if it wasn't such an awkward episode i'd think it was a pseudonym for the whole writing staff

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    i want j. stewart burns
    He's writing at least one show freelance. David Cohen has mentioned that he and a bunch of other original writers are making returns in that way.

Regarding Premish, she doesn't appear to exist outside of that episode, so there's some speculation that she may have been a pseudonym. (EDIT: Uh, nevermind, I guess that's been mentioned).

We're out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DotheBartman View Post
    He's writing at least one show freelance. David Cohen has mentioned that he and a bunch of other original writers are making returns in that way.

Regarding Premish, she doesn't appear to exist outside of that episode, so there's some speculation that she may have been a pseudonym. (EDIT: Uh, nevermind, I guess that's been mentioned).
    If that's true, then Stewart Burns is not the only one. Chances are, there'll be episodes written by current Simpsons producers Bill Odenkirk and Jeff Westbrook.

It would be great, if they could get Family Guy's David Goodman to pen a show. He was involved in season 4 of Futurama, and had a hand in the Star Trek episode (not to mention spending a couple of years on Enterprise, including the awesome Xindi arc).

I didn't see the end credits. Carolyn Premish could be a rookie staff writer, story editor or creative consultant of some sort.

Now witness the failure! StarskyMaxwell's Avatar

Is Eric Kaplan gone? He was a co-EP in the movies and wrote the second one, but he doesn't seem to be credited on the new season. IMDb says he's writing for Big Bang Theory, which is kind of a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    If that's true, then Stewart Burns is not the only one. Chances are, there'll be episodes written by current Simpsons producers Bill Odenkirk and Jeff Westbrook.
    The ones Cohen specifically mentioned were Burns, Lewis Morton and Aaron Ehasz, so I'm not sure Odenkirk and Westbrook'll be penning any episodes. Let's hope so, though.

We're out of time.

It makes sense for Eric Kaplan to be working on something like Big Bang Theory. He has the nerdy credentials to be writing on that show (especially after the Dungeons and Dragons parody on the Futurama DVD).

Lew Morton's return was a given, as was Aaron Ehasz. I don't know about Odenkirk, but I think Westbrook writing as a freelance assignment very likely, given his past on the show, and as a mathematician (much like Ken Keeler and Stewart Burns).

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    It makes sense for Eric Kaplan to be working on something like Big Bang Theory. He has the credentials to be writing on that show (especially after the terrible and unfunny Dungeons and Dragons parody on the Futurama DVD).
    fixed.

Man, the next episode sounds like crap. Why would they have iPhones and iPods in 1000 years? They won't be as popular at least, as well as Facebook and Twitter. I hate it when they go like this, coupled with more promiscious Leela stuff doesn't make it better.

Some of the other episodes seem okay though. Interested in seeing "The Late Phillip J. Fry". Hopefully there will be some good episodes, but I'm not all that positive on the new Futurama, seems like they are doing the same errors that The Simpsons have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Maefteda View Post
    Man, the next episode sounds like crap. Why would they have iPhones and iPods in 1000 years? They won't be as popular at least, as well as Facebook and Twitter. I hate it when they go like this, coupled with more promiscious Leela stuff doesn't make it better.
    why would they have napster in 1000 years? nobody uses it anymore.

oh yeah, that was still a great episode.

Exactly. They still want to keep it in the "now" even with the futuristic setting. I doubt they're that concerned with keeping it grounded in reality. And who's to say that Apple, social networking, etc. won't have seen a resurgance in popularity in 1000 years? I mean, we still use ink and paper.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The use of things like iphones and twitter doesn't bother me as much as Zapp Brannigan mentioning an ancient show like CSI Miami in the 2nd episode

Blog Entries

devices similar to the iphone have been a staple of science fiction for years. so it doesn't really feel all that out of place.

and why wouldn't people use personal devices to communicate, carry media, link to the internet, etc. in the year 3000 (or futurama's 3000)? even then it still has the futuristic twist of being an eye-phone.
    Last edited by Magnum; 07-01-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Blog Entries

The future episodes doesn't seem that bad, maybe except "The Duh-Vinci Code".

And who even remembers Napster nowadays anyway? It wasn't a way to make a big obvious parody on it, it was used discretely and cleverly in that episode, it wasn't even part of the major plot like the stuff in "The Attack of The Killer App". Napster wasn't even the same as it was some years ago on the show. It wasn't a music service on Futurama too now, was it?

They didn't need to keep it in the "now" in the original seasons to make a good show. I am sick of the writers/show-runners trying to do stuff they think other people might think is funny instead of doing what they think is funny themselves. The average person has bad humor, thats why you are the writers. It seems like they want to be crowd-pleasers instead of doing something funny in the newer episodes of both The Simpsons and Futurama.

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's My Predictions

"Proposition Infinity" - Mmm, an Amy episode that could be interesting but then again well I could be wrong but this episode plot sounds a bit rushed to me.

"The Duh-Vinci Code" - This episode sounds boring but I could be wrong

"Lethal Inspection" - This sounds good a civil war

"The Late Phillip J. Fry" - Sounds the best of the season I can't wait to see how this episode turns out.

"That Darn Katz!" - This one sounds hilarious

"A Clockwork Origin" - This one sounds to much like "Fear of A Bot Planet"

"The Prisoner of Benda" - I always like mind switching episodes on shows I wounder which characters will swap minds

"Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences" - Finally a Lrrr episode he's such a great character

"The Mutants are Revolting" - Hopefully this will be an emotional episode since most of the others don't seem emotion filled

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Clip was pretty good, nice to see some Kif/Amy stuff again

Blog Entries

Last edited by Magnum; 07-06-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries

not sure how i feel about  farnsworth taking the role of the social conservative

i get that it's because he's old and senile and has questionable ethics, but i've always kinda seen him as apathetic towards modern social issues 

chinese martian physicist HRH Sir Prince Charles's Avatar

I have a raging brainer!

Thread Information