65 32.66%
  • 3/5 "Mosquiter bites are good luck!"

20 10.05%
  • 2/5 "Rude, full-scaled joke."

15 7.54%
  • 1/5 "Who wants to put on a leotard and get screamed at?"

4 2.01%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Rate "Little Girl in the Big Ten" (DABF15)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

Not bad. The college jokes were pretty decent; I participate in coffee house poetry readings and such, and I identified with Lisa's excitement and fascination with the atmosphere. The Itchy & Scratchy cartoon was decent too; that's the second this season after a few seasons without any. I kind of wanted them to do a little more with Bart and the bubble, but what they did was pretty funny. Ralph was classic Ralph, and I laughed at the pants-wetting even though it was a little unusual for "Simpsons" humor. Good stuff. 4/5

Outstanding

5/5 this episode blew my socks off! I loved it best episode in recent seasons!. The best part of it is where Homer fills Barts bubble with water and throws him down the hallway, and Says "Thats great parenting, I am going to Moe's." Tons of jokes in the episode plus the color seemed really better.

Junior Camper Satans Lil' Helper's Avatar

man i cant wait until it comes here. still 2 hours

BangBangBart

5/5 awesome and funny!

5 / 5 GREAT !!!

Global Moderator - All Merchandise Forums
    Datoupee's Signature... it's Da Boom !

Pin Pal

For people who didn't find this episode funny:

The Simpsons is not slapstick comedy. There was more than plenty to laugh at and whole-heartedly enjoy in this episode. You just have to know what to laugh at. Unfortunatley, many of you kids don't.

There is no possible way to say this episode is anything less than very good.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hooray!!!

Jon Vitti's back! This was a tremendously great episode, and to be frank, I liked this one so much, I'd give it a 6 outta 5 if I could. Lisa's plight was believable and the jokes were all in good taste. Even Ralph's wetting his shorts was funny in a good way.

Grade: A++, best ep since Summer of 4'2".

---

Jake

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

What did Grandpa get in his Senior meal?

Wow! My faith in Al Jean has been restored since last Sunday! This episode ruled. Great storyline, excellent subplot, superb animation, and hilarious jokes. We keep seeing the returns of more minor characters - this time it was Martin, Database, Groundskeeper Willie, Brunella the gym teacher, and a hilarious bit from Agnes Skinner. I loved every part of this episode! 5/5!

P.S. Did anyone notice that Gil is the lawyer in next week's ep?
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips
    Fuck typos Im drunhk.
    My DeviantArt.

Jumped The Shark

I will say that this episode was very good, and that it felt like a below average episode from season 7 or 8. I guess the only thing I didn't like was almost anything to do with the Bart subplot and the uncharactoristic ending envolving Lisa. I really wish this episode had done away with the subplot and just focused on Lisa integrating with the college students. I really think the writers could have made an alltime classic if the subplot had been nixed. (B+/A-)

It was okay...rated it a "3."

The biggest laughs from my daughters came when Ralph peed in his pants...and when the nerds were hung on the fence by their underwear.

It did have a feel of an "older" Simpsons episode...but not the social bite! Close...but not quite.

Cows are among one of the most versatile domesticated animals around today. They are also quite peaceful and contented with their simple lives, with few concerns about the world around them. Maybe we should all be more like cows?

Originally posted by Mayor Quimby
    What did Grandpa get in his Senior meal?
    It was a "Nostalgia Meal" and I believe it was 3 rations, a shell of olio, and a Liberache doll.

I'm glad to see that everyone enjoyed this episode so much, I had a feeling it would get this good of a response, not to bring down everyone's spirits, but did you see the promo for next weeks ad?

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

Yeah, I saw the teaser too, and it's certainly not encouraging, but let's not discuss it in this thread. There'll be a thread of speculation about "The Frying Game" soon, so let's stick to this episode, which was indeed a breath of fresh air after several so-so episodes.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

Top notch stuff, enjoyed both of the episode's plots equally. Great lines from Ralph, and I always seem to enjoy Homer's character *that much* more when he's thrust into a limited role. Can't wait to see the next episode by Vitti.

I laughed through the whole thing! What a brilliant episode! Thank you, Jon Vitti!!!

I love Lisa.

You're right Mr. Broom, just wanted to point out that that was a downer after a terrific episode.

The funniest moment of tonight's episode for me was probably one of the cheapest jokes too -- Ralph wetting his pants. I just wasn't expecting it and it really cauught me off guard, but in a good way. Also the plaque predicting Skinner's year of death was another cheap joke that had me laughing out loud.

Also, Tomaccco, I wanted to congragulate you on another great episode guide! And a new record too. I think this was the first one to ever be released before the episode's broadcast debut.

is back from the dead

5/5... definitely best since "Half-Decent Proposal", and maybe the best episode since "Mom and Pop Art". Tons and tons of humor, excellent plot, and tasteful surrealism all contributed.

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

While I was watching this I had a feeling that everyone here would enjoy it. It was pretty decent. Lotsa good stuff. 5/5. 'Nuff said!

Junior Camper

Thumbs Up Great EP, ... but I'm a bit confused

I really loved the ep. It had a great story and solid plot development. No gimmicks this weekend. I was wondering how long it will take for The Simpsons to do an ep including a college and poking some fun at its different aspects. (Cheering and body painting t a poetry reading - great stuff) I'm not gonna list my favourite parts or jokes because I think most of them have already been mentioned or will be before long. It will go in my top three of this season with Jaws Wired Shut and Weekend at Burnsies.

However, I'm a little confused by some replies on this board. Most of you who are obsessed with mature comedy and great literary aspects (great plot, characterization, etc.) - you know the ones who think the first couple of seasons are master pieces and the past couple of seasons are absolute crap - thought that this episode was great. Well, while this ep had countless great points it had a couple of, what I thought would be fatal flaws for that kind of viewer-ship.

Number 1: Characterization of Lisa. "Lisa has come to win us back." (or something along those lines) Win them back? When did she actually "have" them. Lisa humiliating P.Skinner? A delinquent? Since when does Lisa opt for immaturity to gain popularity. Totally out of character. Then again, maybe Lisa's character is due for a change. I would really appreciate some comments on this.

Number 2: Third act altogether. I looked at my watch when it started and it was 8:23 (east coast). I knew it didn't have enough time to live up to the first two brilliant act. It would be rushed and it was. I was really disappointed that there was nothing dealing with the college or Lisa's college friends. It would have been really great if they returned and in some way remained in contact with Lisa.

In my books it was great ep. I usually don't enjoy Lisa eps as much as Homer or Bart's, but this one was really great and fun to watch.

P.S. Great scene with the college analysis of I&S. BTW, that was the best I&S ep I have ever seen. Great stuff with the 4 stomachs.

Great episode! I voted 4/5, thought this episode probably is 5/5 material. Nice jokes, decent plot, classic characters with good jokes (who CAN'T laugh at Ralph saying that people always run away from him for some reason, and then wet his pants?)...it DID feel like a classic episode in many ways. No episode is perfect, but this one comes close.
    What I liked most is there was a little bit of emotion in this episode! Not much, but it was still nice to have some.
    This week's Invention Exchange:
    Cake 'N Shake: the cake with a real exotic dancer, all in one box!
    "Now even mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy a Chippendale dancer at little Jimmy's seventh birthday!

cuke as a coolcumber Smilin'JoeFission's Avatar

I loved this episode. I think it ties with "Half-Decent Proposal" for best of the season. Next week's doesn't look as good. Great Lisa episode, much better than "She of Little Faith".

What appealed to me most was the art direction. The way the "camera" worked in several scenes, and a great use of color. The music was well chosen, and I couldn't ask for a better animated episode.

The use of the school kids was superb in this one. Database and Ralph especially were hilarious. Hans Moleman at the end of the second act was Laugh Out Loud. Lisa pretending Homer was a "roommate" was funny, as well as Nelson running around the block to taunt Bart was great. The KrustyCo Sweatshop was also a highlight.

Grade- A+!!!
    "If art were to redeem man, it could only do so by saving him from the seriousness of life, and restoring him to an unexpected boyishness."
    -John Lennon

Why I liked this episode...

Excellent episode...5/5

I figured something out in why I liked the last two episodes. They tied together with earlier episodes.

Meaning, when was the last time you saw Bart and Lisa at school? When was the last time all of their school friends were featured. It just seemed to me like they are finally figuring out that continuity is the best part of the Simpsons. Sure, lets have a fresh off the wall episode everyonce in awhile, but I really like the ones with familiar characters.

Wiggum82
    The names is Bond, James Bond

Thinks he wet his bed

Excellent!!! 5/5!!! Everything was funny.

Hey Bubble-Boy. Call me.

The writers are on a roll. Hopefully they keep it up.
    I ated the purple berries, which taste like burning

Fiddle Boy

it was great ralf weating his pants clasic

I just realized, watching it on TV (which I didnt realize watching on the net) that Nelson laughs at Bart in the bubble the first time, and that's why he has to run around to laugh again. Hehe, I'm so slow, but that's really funny!
    Signature.

i couldn't give this episode a 5/5. The animation was great, characters were great, some jokes were awesome, but i felt something lacked from making it a 5/5.

Many give it a 5/5 based on the current season. If this were between Seasons 4-8 this may have very well just been a B episode. My letter grade for this episode is an A-. I didn't like how they just forgot the entire gymnastic lessons except for the end when lisa went to get bart out of the tree.

I thought it was kind of childish when Lisa dove into the cake. I mean, i thought it was kind of dumb. It wasn't the funniest episode, but it gets extra points for making homer pre-Season 6 feeling.

Top notch animation, characters staying on character, several great jokes, great itchy and scratchy= 9/10 [A-] [4/5]

BTW: I usually hate Ralph, but he was definetly great in this episode. The return of Database! The Database, Martin, and Milhouse scenes were the great, as was Hans Moleman. It felt like an average older episode, which is nothing special and goes to show you that this season hasn't been that great. I'm actually kinda disappointed becuase i overhyped this episode. Still, great satire made it a quality episode.

--IMHO--
    I'm back.

Junior Camper

Did Bart scream SUUUCCCK as he went down the vent or was he just screaming? The suuuucccck would make a good wav file if it is.

could give a flying fuck skittlebrau's Avatar

Wow! What a great episode. Top notch animation, beautiful directing and a wonderfully written episode puts this into the 5/5 mark. This season is definitely the rebound for the Simpsons. I hope season 14 is just as good.

And yes, the promo for "The Frying Game" looked pretty dumb, but never believe what the commercial says. NEVER.
    yep.

To me this truely is the only episode of the season that is as funny as pre season 10 episodes. And, it is the only episode of the season where I laughed out loud more than only a couple of times. It was very good. Al Jean's comedy is finally showing since his return.

Pin Pal

Great!

This episode was chock full of the goods! Where to start...

Well, the first act, IMO, was the least entertaining. The gymnast thing, while not quite great, was pretty good. Funny parts include their foreign teacher screaming about snakes and how they would fail, Grampa's Nostalgia Meal (great!), the Krusty factory (Hey HEY!!), and of course, the cats ("But I had a dog!" "It's a cat now!"). Ralph's pants-wetting surprised me to see it in The Simpsons, but the expression on his face REALLY made the joke.

The second act kicked! The slowest part was the poetry reading, but everything before and after that was great. First and foremost, Homer's "Get Knocked Down" parody was hilarious, especially the "and when I gotta pee, I use the kitchen sink!" EVERYTHING involving Bart's bubble was spectacular (the soup, the bath, the superhero schtick, the "cherish these moments," raccoon and all), I only wish there were more bubble scenes. Was the whole subplot a parody of "Bubble Boy?" I dunno, I actually never saw the movie. Anyway, the act ended great with the Itchy and Scratchy dissection, so to speak (they still talk though...hmm), and the "Birds go tweet" line was CLASSIC! Finally, Moleman kept me laughing through the commercials.

HOWEVER, my favorite act was the third one, with a great scene with Lisa at school. Nelson's "What's a million plus a million" and Ralph's rolling down the hill were great, but the best part was Willie raking up his brokend...rake. Soon after came a classic scene involving Homer getting Bart stuck in a tree (because he was trying to throw him over the house!!), and the entire dialogue and timing involving the pellet gun was spot-on. It was great to see them bring back the gymnast theme from the beginning with Lisa coming to Bart's rescue, THEN a surprising dose of emotion and, yes....SYMBOLISM. Suddenly, we all find out that the bubble is a great metaphor regarding Lisa...extremely well played-out. The final prank reminded me of the good ol' days, especially with the great use of music. Bart's lines at the end were funny too.

On a side note, YES!! The animation was superb! And the music, too, with the whole "Pink Panther" theme in the second act, and of course, Homer's Chumbawumba song. Great episode overall, I'm gonna give it my third 5/5 of the season.

Thread Information