View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

1 2.94%
  • 4/5

10 29.41%
  • 3/5

14 41.18%
  • 2/5

4 11.76%
  • 1/5

5 14.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R South Park: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i wonder if this will fit the

R&R South Park: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

Episode 1402:

A BANNED BOOK COMES OFF THE SHELVES AND INTO THE 4TH GRADE CLASSROOM IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, March 22, 2010 - The parents decide the kids are mature enough
    to read a book that was formally banned in an all-new episode of "South
    Park" titled "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs," premiering on
    Wednesday, March 24 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

The boys are given a controversial book to read in school that both
    excites and inspires them to write one of their own. When the boys
    discover that Stan's mom has found their masterpiece, their new
    motivation is how they can stay out of trouble.

r&r here.

Blog Entries

The first half had me chuckling pretty hard. The rest evened out and was merely enjoyable to watch but not as hilarious as it started. Trying to imagine what was making them puke provided much of the humor.
    4/5

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

It was pretty good, but the puking was pretty annoying. I think the only time I laughed at it was when the guy on the banned book committee vomited, and that was just because of the timing. I was glad that this wasn't really about any current social issue or anything (though they of course had to work in the Kardashians and Sarah Jessica Parker). I'm actually reading Catcher in the Rye in one my classes right now.

Best ep in a while. Solid 4/5.

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

if you take out the puking, i'd be tempted to give it a 5/5. i really liked it overall, and thought they did a good job mixing what south park used to do so well: mixing normal childhood experiences (hating reading books for class, writing dirty stuff) with over the top outcomes. the stuff with the kardashians/sarah jessica parker didn't really bother me, aside from the matthew brodrick scene. but the puking was just so annoying. 4/5.

favorite part: "must kill john lennon"

the kardashians didn't have a large enough part to annoy me, and I sorta liked Sarah Jessica Parker's part, though they over did it. It was worth it to see her in the background chasing a butterfly.

the over-puking is the only thing keeping this from a 5/5. (although I liked the game show) soooooo much better than last week, and I loved m&t's general opinion on how banning books because of controversial "themes" is idiotic. everything with sarah jessica parker had me laughing hard. "must kill the phonies" was amazing. a good, well-rounded boys episode with little current events and just a general message. great plot structure as well, with the guy being inspired to kill the kardashians.

4.5/5

morgan freeman reading "the poop that had to pee" is just made of win, btw.

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

uhhh I was pretty invested in the plot, but honestly didn't laugh a lot, and the over-puking was fucking ridiculous.

It wasn't bad by any means and I really do love episodes that focus on the boys as a group, and this was a fantastic use of Butters. The Kardashian stuff was hilarious, but I can't think of much else that actually made me laugh out loud.

Good points in both the book banning/looking for things that aren't really there, solid story, too much throwing up.

Obviously South Park is a pretty intense show in regards to its content, but I really thought the John Lennon line couldn't have been any less appropriate. I mean, Chapman was a totally deranged man and what happened was one of the most tragic assassinations of all time (along with JFK and Martin Luther King). Maybe Parker and Stone don't really understand the implications of it because they wouldn't have really been old enough to understand how big an impact Lennon's death really had on people, but it still doesn't really excuse the fact that it's one of those popular culture things that I think people shouldn't joke about in any form (in fact, I'll give Family Guy credit here - at least while their Lennon death joke was initially set up to be shocking and possibly tasteless ["I'll do to you what I did to John Lennon"] it ended up being Stewie introducing him to Yoko, which is one of the only FG jokes I like). On the other hand, I think this SP episode to be tasteless and nothing else, especially with further alluding to Lennon's murder with the death of the Kardashians. There's only a few things that I don't think should be made fun of in television shows (another much obvious one being 9/11), and this is one of them.

Sorry, rant over. But 0/5.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

i really liked last week's episode, but felt that this was a complete letdown. as usual, butters was great in this episode, but the puking scenes were painful and the fact that they absolutely dominated this episode overshadowed all that was good about this episode - namely, butters and people trying to manipulate these two books to suit their own political agendas. the sarah jessica parker stuff was nearly as bad as the puking. 2/5

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Obviously South Park is a pretty intense show in regards to its content, but I really thought the John Lennon line couldn't have been any less appropriate. I mean, Chapman was a totally deranged man and what happened was one of the most tragic assassinations of all time (along with JFK and Martin Luther King). Maybe Parker and Stone don't really understand the implications of it because they wouldn't have really been old enough to understand how big an impact Lennon's death really had on people, but it still doesn't really excuse the fact that it's one of those popular culture things that I think people shouldn't joke about in any form (in fact, I'll give Family Guy credit here - at least while their Lennon death joke was initially set up to be shocking and possibly tasteless ["I'll do to you what I did to John Lennon"] it ended up being Stewie introducing him to Yoko, which is one of the only FG jokes I like). On the other hand, I think this SP episode to be tasteless and nothing else, especially with further alluding to Lennon's murder with the death of the Kardashians. There's only a few things that I don't think should be made fun of in television shows (another much obvious one being 9/11), and this is one of them.

I think I hate the beatles after reading this.
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Why does my mentioning of Lennon have anything to do with The Beatles? My argument about his death is to do with his advocacy of peace and things like his open and public objections to things like the Vietnam War. All of this was after The Beatles broke up. It's more the circumstances of the matter as opposed to the subject itself that I'm complaining about - if it were someone else being referred to in the same kind of manner I would object just as much.

I was able to predict the murderer jokes

You know I would say there something about the show when they are in front of congress trying to get the ban but I think it would be even more ironic

I'm looking forward to hear the mini-commentary

the original Sex Pistol

3/5. Quite funny at times, but sometimes just too boring. And Butters was a little bit out-of-character.

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

another disappointment 3/5 not a great start this year

The puking wasn't funny the first time, didn't need repeating. Pretty funny if you read Catcher in the Rye. SJP stuff was good too.

3/5

Me: hernia..maybe..maybe not D DEBBS's Avatar

Last week, they wasted 30 minutes of my life...AND I WANT THEM BACK!

Now another 30 minutes have been wasted from my life...that makes 60 MINUTES!

I WANT THEM BACK!

i need my eyes excited. JoelofArc's Avatar

started out pretty strongly, partly because i related to the whole "controversial-book-no-longer-being-that-controversial" thing. then it got into repetitious south park mode and was kind of whatever. 3/5

and wtf, my dad is the biggest lennon fan i know and he was in hysterics during the butters thing. that was completely harmless, i honestly don't understand how it could offend anybody... it was making fun of the idea that a book like catcher could actually be the root of someone's insanity, not invalidating lennon's life and work. it's like someone arguing that the seinfeld episode where the baseball player spits on kramer and newman was truly mocking the memory and assassination of jfk.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

It's because of people like you that they couldn't show the NYC episode of the Simpsons with the twin towers for like 8 years. You're being way too sensetive, John Lennon was a great guy and I can imagine the impact his death had, but who the hell cares about that kind of a joke? If anything, it was at the killer's expense.

The whole joke was mocking the idea that reading the book would make you want to kill John Lennon. It wasn't meant as a jab at him, it was interchangeable with anyone who would've been in his situation. What I mean is if someone supposedly shot Pauly Shore because of the book, they would've done the same thing, but with Pauly Shore's name. It really had no intention of offending Lennon fans or disrespecting the man at all. Of all the South Park offensive jokes, you pick the one that wasn't meant to be mean-spirited at all to be offended by? Come on, man.

the entire episode preaches about misinterpreting literature. it's pretty obvious they weren't advocating or praising the death of john lennon.

Blog Entries

.... Kill Trey Parker! ...... Kill Matt Stone....

Stonecutter

the puking scenes felt like a family guy gag gone way too long. a few funny gags though to keep my interest. i still like watching the episodes where the kids get to be kids, and butters is always great.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Pretty funny for the most part. I enjoyed the quick intro with Catcher in the Rye (a book I was pretty irritated with due to the whininess of the protagonist) and the boys being unimpressed with its dated controversy. The vomit joke was pretty repetitious in South Park fashion, although it did have some fun moments (the initial scene where an exhausted Randy is finishing the book with a bucket nearby was a decent payoff, the guy on the council suddenly puking)--I thought the light spitting that the anchorman did was funny in a sort of realistic way (everyone does this after throwing up, I imagine), although there was really no reason to have the woman barf right after.

I'm running out of synonyms for hurling, so I'll finish by saying that it'd be nice if the show itself didn't regurgitate the gag so much. Outside of that, it was a fun story and had a decent ending. The satire was light but effective enough (and I felt it was pleasantly meta). And Butters' legendary novel, "The Poop That Took a Pee," had me giggling the whole time. That's a great representation of what a nine-year-old trying to write the grossest book ever would sound like.

4/5 B

And now, without further ado...

The Poop That Took a Pee

Chapter 1:

Douglas had to poop. His butt was all stinky because he had to poop so badly. There was a gross woman named Rebecca who was sunbathing all naked and she was fat. Douglas walked up to her and said, "I need to poop". "Okay," Rebecca replied, "I like poop." Douglas squatted down over the fat sunbathing lady and went poop. The poop sat there on Rebecca's boobs, looking like a weiner.

"Why are we here?", Douglas cried as poop came out his weiner in a long thin strip. It was weiner-poop, which is the grossest poop of all.

The pee-pee got on the woman's leg and she screamed, pooping out her boobs.

And so when the pee got mixed with the poop it smelled like a butt.

And the poop and the pee lived happily ever after.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

3/5. The fact that the book was just disgusting for the sake of being disgusting is what made me like it. Also laughed pretty hard a Sarah Jessica Parker being called a witch by the newscaster.

Who's thirsty for a glass of ULTIMATE POWER?!

Boat on a track Train on the Water's Avatar

Not bad. The novel Butters ended up writing was very funny. Loved how Sarah Jessica Parker just had a tendency to stand there silently with the boys; kind of similar to the psycho standing around in Cartman's Incredible Gift. Loved Cartman and Kenny teaming up to get Parker killed. That moment just about had a very early episode feel, but the scene that followed in the forest just wasn't crazy enough at all. Overall, the vomiting wasn't bad, but should have been done less to focus more on either killing Parker or making the boys way more pissed off about getting screwed over. The episode was simply too tame. 3.5/5

It's a shame what has happened to Mr. Garrison. Other than his outburst about John Lennon's killer, he delivers lines and has no personality at all. The only times he really does justice are in the episodes revolving around his sexuality.

"Guess who learned a lot about transvestites last night?"
    "I was only on that website for like two seconds!"

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Way better than last week's. The puking thing did get old, but I liked how they progressed to having buckets at the ready and so on. Nice touch.

And great commentary on pretentious work.

Well it was a pretty good show!! I thought it was very funny!
    i could careless about Lennon i never understood what he did so great anyway!!!

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: JoelofArc

oh may i add the puking thing got a little old but still a funny show!
    i really thought the Sarah Jessica Parker thing was very funny

HOW MUCH WERE MY SHARES DILUT Kamerica's Avatar

this was so bad. there were no jokes that weren't made in the first five minutes, and the "message" was so lazily delivered (literally the boys saying the point in front of a panel). watched with a room full of people, and the only laugh was the kardashian death. terrible

Thread Information