View Poll Results: How would you rate "Sexual Healing"?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

1 2.56%
  • 4/5

6 15.38%
  • 3/5

14 35.90%
  • 2/5

10 25.64%
  • 1/5

8 20.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R South Park: Sexual Healing

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i wonder if this will fit the

R&R South Park: Sexual Healing

season premiere tonight! you know the drill, folks.

I liked it. More later, probably, but a solid 3.
    blog - music - movies
    Peace of mind. A mellow life. Crunk music. Investing in spy equipment and communist memorabilia. Having dance contests with myself. Placing last in the local triathlon. All of these things, plus a firm belief in the Lord.

Blog Entries

Had its moments, wasn't as funny as their best stuff. but that doesn't matter, I want my South Park comedy garden fresh and topical. You gotta consume it when its fresh or otherwise your eating a stale rerun history lesson. ZzZzZzZz....

paranormal investigator o-scare friztorius's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really wanted to like that. It was such a nice plot idea but was just.. dull. Poor, poor show 2/5.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Bake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was meh, pretty mediocre start to the season. I think the Butters/Bush joke was dragged out for far too long
    2/5
    Last edited by Bake; 03-18-2010 at 09:37 AM.

HOW MUCH WERE MY SHARES DILUT Kamerica's Avatar

TIGER WOODS AND DAVID LETTERMAN JOKES REAL CUTTING EDGE STUFF THERE SOUTH PARK

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

... Well, uh, I enjoyed it. Laughed a fair amount, even if the jokes were very repetitive and it was kind of disjointed.

Still some pretty awesome moments; the video game Stan and Cartman were playing looked fantastic. Butters and the bush actually remained funny for me throughout, which I wasn't really expecting, but... his landscaping in the middle of class was also kind of adorable.

It's not like the episode had any good points or anything and I'm honestly not entirely sure what they were getting at with the scandals thing, but I was entertained throughout and laughed a fair amount, so uh, not a bad episode.

the only consistently funny thing about this episode was butters with the bush. (also liked kenny killing himself by erotic asphyxiation) even the cartman/stan/tiger woods game running gag lost steam halfway through.

another stupid government conspiracy episode. yawn. yes, it was the normal "oh god that's so hilariously ridiculous and people are buying it!" stuff, but it felt like they weren't even trying this time. meh.

2/5

Blog Entries

after a few years dry spell of South Park I watched two season 13 episodes a couple weeks ago and was surprised and impressed. so I watched this.

and it sucked. I agree with ironman pretty much.

Morman Standard Time Ihaveblink's Avatar

Yeah, I fell asleep during the last 10 minutes of the episode. But I agree with Ironman, it really is getting too predictable. I could see it being a government conspiracy thing from a mile away. I've been watching the first few seasons and it's sad how funnier those episodes are. Even the animation had way more charm.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

A pretty dry episode, falling victim to a lot of the show's current problems (the biggest in this show being repetitive humor). It's getting tiring seeing a central comedic idea stretched out for the full 22 minutes. I think an episode about the boys discovering masturbation or something could've been far funnier and enjoyably chaotic rather than the government nonsense we got yet again. I did like Kenny's role--they're still finding creative ways to kill him, although it was unusual having him die through a sexual act two years in a row.

Anyone else pretty disturbed that Kyle and Butters shot a man to death? At first, I was impressed with South Park's restraint when the "turd in the punch bowl" ended up not being killed in some bloody way and just being taken away...and then they brought him back to get shot. I didn't understand that either--if the FBI and president had the guy disguised as the alien, does that mean they didn't actually think there was one at all? That part didn't make much sense. The motivations of the men in the episode were unusual--it felt like it was going back and forth between them believing ridiculous things, and using them as a cover. If they believed there was an alien, why disguise the "traitor" as one and not kill the "real" one? If they used it as a cover, what exactly was the president hoping to accomplish? They didn't know there'd be a traitor until they were well within Independence Hall, and it's not like it gave them any sort of advantage to be "cleansed," particularly for Obama's motivation (why does he care about helping out a bunch of random celebrities?).

Monkey part and the video game were pretty funny at least.

2.5/5 C-
    Last edited by TriforceBun; 03-18-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

I was very disappointed and I felt like I'd seen it before. The "Pee" episode was quite similar in tone.
    It seems to have become a South Park trope that people over-react to something or something trivial is taken too seriously and it's up to Stan/Kyle to sort it out.

Also, Butters' joke was like Kyle and the chipotle from the previous season as well; he just couldn't get over something and kept questioning it through the episode.
    The Tiger Woods game had the same problem of reusing the same joke three or four times.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking but I was disappointed. I thought the last couple of seasons were pretty weak and was hoping it would pick up again. If this is what they start off with, then it's not looking very good.

Some good things, Butters and the bush, Golf Game scoring and power-ups, They killed Kenny. But a bit of a disappointment for the season premiere.
    It Tastes Like Burning

Pretty shitty. I liked Kenny dying and Butters/bush thing. Otherwise extremely generic and lame. And they totally took the "turd in the punchbowl" thing from Harry Shearer.

2/5

the original Sex Pistol

not funny, not interesting, not worth watching. 2/5

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

It started off good, the first few minutes were great (especially the conference with all the doctors) but after that it was all downhill.

The Tiger Woods game bit was funny the first time, but the second time was overkill... Of course, that usually happens in South Park. It was the same thing with Butters and the bush, though it wasn't really that funny the first time.

I agree that it was rather similar to the Pee episode, even with the testing on monkeys (though I have to admit, that scene was rather humorous).

And I agree with Triforcebun, then ending was rather confusing.
    Last edited by McClure; 03-18-2010 at 01:04 PM.

While the pee similiarity are there I think I prefer the lastest episode

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4/5, thought it was really funny

I was dying at the big ass shit eating grin on the one monkey's face when it got money and started humping everything

Blog Entries

Nice new intro + Tiger Woods PGA fighting game + Kenny dying in a Batman costume while choking himself + Monkey sex addicts = A decent start to the season. 4/5.
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    Anyone else pretty disturbed that Kyle and Butters shot a man to death? At first, I was impressed with South Park's restraint when the "turd in the punch bowl" ended up not being killed in some bloody way and just being taken away...and then they brought him back to get shot. I didn't understand that either--if the FBI and president had the guy disguised as the alien, does that mean they didn't actually think there was one at all? That part didn't make much sense. The motivations of the men in the episode were unusual--it felt like it was going back and forth between them believing ridiculous things, and using them as a cover. If they believed there was an alien, why disguise the "traitor" as one and not kill the "real" one? If they used it as a cover, what exactly was the president hoping to accomplish? They didn't know there'd be a traitor until they were well within Independence Hall, and it's not like it gave them any sort of advantage to be "cleansed," particularly for Obama's motivation (why does he care about helping out a bunch of random celebrities?)
    yeah, they were going for government conspiracy, but like I said in my post, it didn't even seem like m&t were trying this time.

i wonder if this will fit the

well, i'll admit i loved the PGA game each time. it's better they didn't bring it back for a third instance. butters and the bush wasnt particularly funny at all. my favorites were the game, the monkeys, and david letterman hitting the cards on the table. i just found the last one to be spot-on and hilarious. but otherwise, the episode was very hit or miss, i'm gonna settle on a 3/5.

by the way, anyone notice the establishing shot in the very first scene of the episode? it was incredible. these exterior shots in south park are getting better and better.

professional lurker Property of Ned Flanders's Avatar

anyone notice kenny's brother? kevin was there! i don't think we've seen him since season 6! i really wish they'd do something with him.
    i might be wrong

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

2/5. wasn't huge on it. like others have said, it was repetative and just really not that interesting of a plot point. i don't really get it. i just read an interview with matt and trey that said they don't like hitting the obvious targets that everyone else does, yet everything in that episode has been done to death by now in terms of topicality.

the first reveal that the tiger woods thing was a game was well done, and i actually liked butters and the bush, but the rest of it was just so blah. the second they brought the "government conspiracy" angle into it i just tuned out.

maybe i'm just being nostalgic, but i really kind of miss the character driven south park episodes of earlier seasons. i liked when they could take a poltical/social issue and just run with it with their main characters instead of just bringing in a bunch of faceless extras all the time. the episodes from the last couple of seasons that really work are the ones that don't go to that well, but they don't do it enough.

Wasn't Kevin seen when Kenny died in The List? Could be wrong.

The best part was, "Yeah, golf is stupid again." And South Park never really had any golf moments but has had football, basketball, baseball, hockey, skiing and Olympics, so that was kind of long overdo, I guess. Otherwise, I was quite disappointed by the government conspiracy and the typical one-joke repeats during particular scenes or the entire episode. I yearn for an episode that just has normal character humor, like season 1, 2 or 3. And was that splurge animated in the still of dead Kenny? Obviously in reality it would be apart of the scene, but it still bothers me that they would do that with a kid on the show. I know they have to come up with new ways to be more shocking than the last, but Christ, by the next season we're gonna see a closeup of Stan shoving his shlong in Wendy's hoo-ha.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

the original Sex Pistol

Holy fuck!
    The fourteenth season premiere of South Park was the king of cable television on Wednesday night, scoring over 3.7 million viewers and a 2.0 with adults 18-49, and perhaps more importantly for Comedy Central a whopping 4.3 rating with men 18-34. It was the most-watched South Park season premiere since 1999.
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/18...e-finals/45451

Still no end in sight!

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Meh, pretty average.

Loved the new intro with old clips re-synced to the song. Some other funny moments but as others said, it was very repetitive.

Also, was there any significance to the alien being a guy in a suit? At least, that's what it looked like... I assumed they were going to reveal it to be someone we knew, like Al Gore or something.

Blog Entries

On second viewing I laughed when I realized Kenny was being buried wearing the Batman costume he died in.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

yeah, the Batman part of it was by far the best part, would've liked the Tiger Woods game jokes a little more if they didn't keep going back to it, but the end joke was nice
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

HANS MOLEMAN: You wasted 30 minutes of my life and I want them back!

Thread Information