Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: south park general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Chilly bins? That's an awesomely cute name for it
    Such majestic movement.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My whole country's cute, and so incredibly underpopulated

I mean, my city (Auckland) takes up a quarter of the whole country's population
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Well, here you have it. Another non-topical episode (and not a Randy episode). http://www.southparkstudios.com/news...-press-release
    There's a new girl in school and everyone wants to know who she has a crush on. Cartman is especially excited. He's discovered something inside himself that he never knew he had. Now, to make sure nobody gets in the way of true love, it's time for Cartman to finally let someone know exactly how he feels.
    Can't promise current events won't be integrated into this story, but I feel like this season has been less in-your-face topical than others. We've gotten TSA, memes, a little bit of the Republican primaries, Kony/Bully mixed together, and that's really it. I consider Cash For Gold timeless because that crap's been going on for years, Jewpacabra was just boring shit, and Ziplining, while it was apparently a spoof of I Shouldn't Be Alive, I feel the parody was effective that people won't bother questioning what exactly it's spoofing in 5-10 years because a lot of reenactment shows are like that.

Blog Entries

Dammit, beat me to it.

Anyway, this looks like it could be the best episode of this season yet. I said that about each episode but this one looks really good mainly because I believe there should be a "Cartman gets a girlfriend" episode. I've waited so long for one of these. Although the girl looks more like the perfect girl for Token

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could be good, I'm optimistic within reason.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Sounds fun, although I fully expect the title and preview clip to be classic South Park misdirection. My prediction is that Cartman will "find love" in something else, like a food-related thing or something. Of course, they could play it straight; seeing Cartman with a crush could be genuinely hilarious. And the Chef Goes Nanners episode with him and Wendy was fun to watch.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    Sounds fun, although I fully expect the title and preview clip to be classic South Park misdirection. My prediction is that Cartman will "find love" in something else, like a food-related thing or something. Of course, they could play it straight; seeing Cartman with a crush could be genuinely hilarious. And the Chef Goes Nanners episode with him and Wendy was fun to watch.
    Yeah this is total misdirection, and I think it'll be pop culture related. Cartman mentions "why'd they have to break up?!" which automatically links me to some celebrity couple or something weird. As for the black girl, again, most likely an entirely different subplot.

That said: holy fuck I can't believe there wasn't a single Randy episode this season. In fact, aside from a couple scenes in the first two eps, he was BARELY in the show this season. Damn.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

Is that good or bad?

Blog Entries

honestly pretty excited to see how this turns out

Blog Entries

There deserves to be at least one Randy episode each season. Remember there's still the second half to go so we'll hopefully see more Randy then. But last season's Broadway Bro Down was Randy at his finest, not his best but his finest.

Blog Entries

Randy episodes tend to be a bit lazier and more gag-driven than other episodes. Not bad at times but I'm glad they took a break from his character for the first part of the season.

The new episode has a lot of potential. I really appreciate Parker and Stone utilising the boys in a 'boys will be boys' scenario a lot this season. They seem willing to experiment more this season which is an encouraging sign. I always thought the event of Cartman having a crush/getting a girlfriend was a plot that could deliver a few gags so I'm glad that they might be making an episode centered around it.

Blog Entries

YES! It's a story I've wanted to see done for a long time. Cartman's shown a good bit of development lately with his understanding of the Jewish religion in "Jewpacabra" as well as his somewhat stronger friendship with Kyle since "You're getting old"...maybe Matt and Trey are trying to bring Cartman around bit by bit so that fans don't hate him as much....not that they don't like the character, but it's hard to route for a kid preaching hate messages about minorities, religious groups and what have you all the time...I'm not saying make Cartman a good guy...let him come up with his stupid schemes every now and then if it's called for...give him a NEW thing to hate when you guys don't like it yourselves...but all in all...don't change him completely...just make him a bit more....human, for lack of a better word. If Cartman liking a girl worked for the ending of "Chef goes nanners"...it could work as a whole episode....even if it's not funny...it could be interesting...they could even stick us with a mid-season cliffhanger with a story like this and I wouldn't mind.

I just remembered...Cartman mentions a girl he wanted to kiss in "Le Petite Tourette", so it's not overly surprising that they would eventually go down this road with him.

Blog Entries

Thank you sir for making me remember the Cartman and Wendy scenes in Chef Goes Nanners. Oh God the nostalgia

Junior Camper

I've only just really recently started watching South Park (It fills up an empty hour of TV for me) and contemplating to start buying the DVDs. It really is good isn't it? Can't beleive I've shunned it for so long.

Blog Entries

Consider buying Season 8 first, then probably 6, 5 and 11. You won't regret it, non-stop funniness

Blog Entries

if you've been liking it, it's on netflix (assuming you live in the US). or you could rent a season somewhere and see if you like it.

i'd recommend pretty much any season

edit: by the way, does anyone know of any sites i can watch this seasons' episodes on, not counting southparkstudios, which for some reason doesn't work on my laptop? I really need to see cartman in love, cash for gold, reverse cowgirl, and the ziplining episode.
    Last edited by Walid; 04-28-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Go on watchcartoononline.com and type in the episode name in the Search bar

You don't have to complete quizzes or anything and it's free

By the way (to everyone), I feel like starting a Hurt and Heal Tournament for South Park like they are doing for The Simpsons. Anyone like this idea?

Blog Entries

Alriiight! The second half of season 16 coming up soon!

Hopefully they'll continue where they left off. I was very impressed by both 'Ziplining' and 'Love'!

A Randy-centric episode is essentially guarenteed after he was surprisingly alienated during the first half. Otherwise I'd expect a Cartman, Butters, Kenny and hopefully a Garrison and another boy episode (Clyde, Token, Craig). Maybe Towelie will make an appearance?

Blog Entries

Not really enthusiastic about its return but when is it anyway?

Blog Entries

September 26th.

And not enthusiastic?! Why not!

Blog Entries

I'm frankly more amazed that you are...

Blog Entries

I'm pretty excited too

impeach churchill Handsome B. Wonderful's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm more enthusiastic about South Park than the Simpsons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsAPaddlin View Post
    Fuck Ted Nugent.

Season 26 Ratings:
    ----

Blog Entries

I'm stoked for SP's return. I tend to get a bit more fussed about it because it feels like a treat due to the whole "Half season consisting of just 7 episodes" thing.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

I can't be anymore excited.

September 26? That's a week or two earlier than usual. Maybe they actually have ideas this year.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Flimpsons View Post
    September 26? That's a week or two earlier than usual. Maybe they actually have ideas this year.
    I was thinking that too. It's possible that they had one or two episodes thought up already and decided to just roll with them first and worry about coming up with the rest week by week as they normally do.

Blog Entries

what do people want with regards to the first run this season? I thought the first was decent but I'm hoping this second one is better.

Blog Entries

I dunno...I'm just not a huge fan of the "topic of the week" style South Park. I've said this before though...

Blog Entries

hit-and-miss for me

Thread Information