Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 106



Thread: Dead Bart



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #1


    dead bart

    has anyone ever heard of the lost episode called "dead bart"?

  2. #2
    Everything You Ever Dreamed Mr. Trampopoline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    216


    Don't you mean "Die Bart Die"?
    "Sleeping Beast"

  3. #3


    There are no lost episodes.

  4. #4
    Golden Boy Green Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rio
    Posts
    5,801


    that was included in one of the dvds

  5. #5
    Take on the World Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    30,924
    Blog Entries
    125


    smart ass answer:

    yes, in fact, I've seen it. It's quite a funny episode. Loved every minute of it, except the poor end. Definitely try finding on the internet someday.

    actual answer:

    there is no lost episode titled "Dead Bart", you might be thinking of a Bob episode or something


  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    that was included in one of the dvds
    and on which one?

  7. #7
    Golden Boy Green Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rio
    Posts
    5,801


    season 20

  8. #8


    I've found something:

    You know how Fox has a weird way of counting Simpsons episodes? They refuse to count a couple of them, making the amount of episodes inconsistent. The reason for this is a lost episode from season 1.

    Finding details about this missing episode is difficult, no one who was working on the show at the time likes to talk about it. From what has been pieced together, the lost episode was written entirely by Matt Groening. During production of the first season, Matt started to act strangely. He was very quiet, seemed nervous and morbid. Mentioning this to anyone who was present results in them getting very angry, and forbidding you to ever mention it to Matt. I first heard of it at an event where David Silverman was speaking. Someone in the crowd asked about the episode, and Silverman simply left the stage, ending the presentation hours early. The episode's production number was 7G06, the title was Dead Bart. The episode labeled 7G06, Moaning Lisa, was made later and given Dead Bart's production code to hide the latter's existence.

    In addition to getting angry, asking anyone who was on the show about this will cause them to do everything they can to stop you from directly communicating with Matt Groening. At a fan event, I managed to follow him after he spoke to the crowd, and eventually had a chance to talk to him alone as he was leaving the building. He didn't seem upset that I had followed him, probably expected a typical encounter with an obsessive fan. When I mentioned the lost episode though, all color drained from his face and he started trembling. When I asked him if he could tell me any details, he sounded like he was on the verge of tears. He grabbed a piece of paper, wrote something on it, and handed it to me. He begged me never to mention the episode again.

    The piece of paper had a website address on it, I would rather not say what it was, for reasons you'll see in a second. I entered the address into my browser, and I came to a site that was completely black, except for a line of yellow text, a download link. I clicked on it, and a file started downloading. Once the file was downloaded, my computer went crazy, it was the worst virus I had ever seen. System restore didn't work, the entire computer had to be rebooted. Before doing this though, I copied the file onto a CD. I tried to open it on my now empty computer, and as I suspected, there was an episode of The Simpsons on it.

    The episode started off like any other episode, but had very poor quality animation. If you've seen the original animation for Some Enchanted Evening, it was similar, but less stable. The first act was fairly normal, but the way the characters acted was a little off. Homer seemed angrier, Marge seemed depressed, Lisa seemed anxious, Bart seemed to have genuine anger and hatred for his parents.

    The episode was about the Simpsons going on a plane trip, near the end of the first act, the plane was taking off. Bart was fooling around, as you'd expect. However, as the plane was about 50 feet off the ground, Bart broke a window on the plane and was sucked out.

    At the beginning of the series, Matt had an idea that the animated ****of the Simpsons' world represented life, and that death turned things more realistic. This was used in this episode. The picture of Bart's corpse was barely recognizable, they took full advantage of it not having to move, and made an almost photo-realistic drawing of his dead body.

    Act one ended with the shot of Bart's corpse. When act two started, Homer, Marge, and Lisa were sitting at their table, crying. The crying went on and on, it got more pained, and sounded more realistic, better acting than you would think possible. The animation started to decay even more as they cried, and you could hear murmuring in the background. The characters could barely be made out, they were stretching and blurring, they looked like deformed shadows with random bright colors thrown on them. There were faces looking in the window, flashing in and out so you were never sure what they looked like. This crying went on for all of act two.

    Act three opened with a title card saying one year had passed. Homer, Marge, and Lisa were skeletally thin, and still sitting at the table. There was no sign of Maggie or the pets.

    They decided to visit Bart's grave. Springfield was completely deserted, and as they walked to the cemetery the houses became more and more decrepit. They all looked abandoned. When they got to the grave, Bart's body was just lying in front of his tombstone, looking just like it did at the end of act one.

    The family started crying again. Eventually they stopped, and just stared at Bart's body. The camera zoomed in on Homer's face. According to summaries, Homer tells a joke at this part, but it isn't audible in the version I saw, you can't tell what Homer is saying.

    The view zoomed out as the episode came to a close. The tombstones in the background had the names of every Simpsons guest star on them. Some that no one had heard of in 1989, some that haven't been on the show yet. All of them had death dates on them. For guests who died since, like Michael Jackson and George Harrison, the dates were when they would die. The credits were completely silent, and seemed handwritten. The final image was the Simpson family on their couch, like in the intros, but all drawn in hyper realistic, lifeless ****of Bart's corpse.

    A thought occurred to me after seeing the episode for the first time, you could try to use the tombstones to predict the death of living Simpsons guest stars, but there's something odd about most of the ones who haven't died yet. All of their deaths are listed as the same date.

    This is the story of Dead Bart. We are its legend.


  9. #9
    Do Not Touch morbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10,469


    Thats the dumbest thing I think I've ever read... and I only read bits of it. I'm pretty sure if I had read it all, my brain would have tried to escape out of my ass in protest of what my eyes were reading.
    I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit!


  10. #10
    ___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,595


    so....have you got any sources for your stalking story?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    village idiot Goon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    desolation row
    Posts
    3,762


    wtf?

    edit: just how dumb do you think this forum is? you could have pulled off the same trick there, then come here to tell us about that crap.

    edit #2:
    It's a fanfic I found, I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.
    fan fucking fic, did you read that part?

  13. #13
    ___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,595


    Quote Originally Posted by tiamant View Post
    It's a fanfic I found, I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.
    Yeah, your story is real legitamite when the OP of that thread says that.

    edit: awww Goon, you disappoint me.

  14. #14
    village idiot Goon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    desolation row
    Posts
    3,762


    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Drape 'er View Post
    Yeah, your story is real legitamite when the OP of that thread says that.

    edit: awww Goon, you disappoint me.
    [diabolical laughter]

  15. #15
    It begins MILPOOL...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    236


    Quote Originally Posted by tiamant View Post
    I've found something:

    You know how Fox has a weird way of counting Simpsons episodes? They refuse to count a couple of them, making the amount of episodes inconsistent. The reason for this is a lost episode from season 1.

    Finding details about this missing episode is difficult, no one who was working on the show at the time likes to talk about it. From what has been pieced together, the lost episode was written entirely by Matt Groening. During production of the first season, Matt started to act strangely. He was very quiet, seemed nervous and morbid. Mentioning this to anyone who was present results in them getting very angry, and forbidding you to ever mention it to Matt. I first heard of it at an event where David Silverman was speaking. Someone in the crowd asked about the episode, and Silverman simply left the stage, ending the presentation hours early. The episode's production number was 7G06, the title was Dead Bart. The episode labeled 7G06, Moaning Lisa, was made later and given Dead Bart's production code to hide the latter's existence.

    In addition to getting angry, asking anyone who was on the show about this will cause them to do everything they can to stop you from directly communicating with Matt Groening. At a fan event, I managed to follow him after he spoke to the crowd, and eventually had a chance to talk to him alone as he was leaving the building. He didn't seem upset that I had followed him, probably expected a typical encounter with an obsessive fan. When I mentioned the lost episode though, all color drained from his face and he started trembling. When I asked him if he could tell me any details, he sounded like he was on the verge of tears. He grabbed a piece of paper, wrote something on it, and handed it to me. He begged me never to mention the episode again.

    The piece of paper had a website address on it, I would rather not say what it was, for reasons you'll see in a second. I entered the address into my browser, and I came to a site that was completely black, except for a line of yellow text, a download link. I clicked on it, and a file started downloading. Once the file was downloaded, my computer went crazy, it was the worst virus I had ever seen. System restore didn't work, the entire computer had to be rebooted. Before doing this though, I copied the file onto a CD. I tried to open it on my now empty computer, and as I suspected, there was an episode of The Simpsons on it.

    The episode started off like any other episode, but had very poor quality animation. If you've seen the original animation for Some Enchanted Evening, it was similar, but less stable. The first act was fairly normal, but the way the characters acted was a little off. Homer seemed angrier, Marge seemed depressed, Lisa seemed anxious, Bart seemed to have genuine anger and hatred for his parents.

    The episode was about the Simpsons going on a plane trip, near the end of the first act, the plane was taking off. Bart was fooling around, as you'd expect. However, as the plane was about 50 feet off the ground, Bart broke a window on the plane and was sucked out.

    At the beginning of the series, Matt had an idea that the animated ****of the Simpsons' world represented life, and that death turned things more realistic. This was used in this episode. The picture of Bart's corpse was barely recognizable, they took full advantage of it not having to move, and made an almost photo-realistic drawing of his dead body.

    Act one ended with the shot of Bart's corpse. When act two started, Homer, Marge, and Lisa were sitting at their table, crying. The crying went on and on, it got more pained, and sounded more realistic, better acting than you would think possible. The animation started to decay even more as they cried, and you could hear murmuring in the background. The characters could barely be made out, they were stretching and blurring, they looked like deformed shadows with random bright colors thrown on them. There were faces looking in the window, flashing in and out so you were never sure what they looked like. This crying went on for all of act two.

    Act three opened with a title card saying one year had passed. Homer, Marge, and Lisa were skeletally thin, and still sitting at the table. There was no sign of Maggie or the pets.

    They decided to visit Bart's grave. Springfield was completely deserted, and as they walked to the cemetery the houses became more and more decrepit. They all looked abandoned. When they got to the grave, Bart's body was just lying in front of his tombstone, looking just like it did at the end of act one.

    The family started crying again. Eventually they stopped, and just stared at Bart's body. The camera zoomed in on Homer's face. According to summaries, Homer tells a joke at this part, but it isn't audible in the version I saw, you can't tell what Homer is saying.

    The view zoomed out as the episode came to a close. The tombstones in the background had the names of every Simpsons guest star on them. Some that no one had heard of in 1989, some that haven't been on the show yet. All of them had death dates on them. For guests who died since, like Michael Jackson and George Harrison, the dates were when they would die. The credits were completely silent, and seemed handwritten. The final image was the Simpson family on their couch, like in the intros, but all drawn in hyper realistic, lifeless ****of Bart's corpse.

    A thought occurred to me after seeing the episode for the first time, you could try to use the tombstones to predict the death of living Simpsons guest stars, but there's something odd about most of the ones who haven't died yet. All of their deaths are listed as the same date.

    This is the story of Dead Bart. We are its legend.
    I'm gonna steal this and use it for a paper this semester.
    "She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man."

  16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Goon

  17. #16
    Eating Broken Glass Dynamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    593


    I gotta admit imagining the story that he just told as an actual episode would be quite creepy. I kinda wish it was real.


  18. #17


    The only simpsons material produced that could qualify as being lost is a short called "Nazi's on Tap" that was meant to air on March 21, 1991 after Bart the Daredevil. It is believed that only the script and the voicework had been done on this before it was scrapped.

    Source:

    http://snpp.com/guides/nazis_on_tap.html

  19. #18


    gamespot's boards are about as reliable for information as my asshole

  20. #19
    overdressed anarchist bartyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the experimental prototype community of tomorrow
    Posts
    3,730


    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    season 20
    along with many other bonus features

  21. #20


    Dead Bart

    I found a tape at home at a apartment,i saw a odd episode of the Simpsons, later i read a story called Dead Bart, it said alot of things that i saw in that episode.


    So do you think i may had found the episode that many people had been trying to find?

    I will give details later...

  22. #21
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    Bart! Noooooooooo!

    Why can't the episode be Dead Lisa?!


  23. #22


    Well Lisa barley had any lines in the episode.

    She was quite annoying though

  24. #23
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    I see. That sounds like her alright, lol. She can be very annoying with even just a couple of lines.

  25. #24
    King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,843
    Blog Entries
    3


    haha oh man, Dead Bart again?

  26. #25


    I am watching the tape again, just to get some more information

  27. #26
    NHC's fly on the wall lionelhutz123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,813
    Blog Entries
    24


    Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    I see. That sounds like her alright, lol. She can be very annoying with even just a couple of lines.

    How ironic
    Last edited by lionelhutz123; 02-11-2011 at 07:03 PM.

  28. #27


    Just to let you guys know.

    THE ANIMATION SUCKS BADLY!!!

  29. #28
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by lolmarge View Post
    Just to let you guys know.

    THE ANIMATION SUCKS BADLY!!!
    Worse than the shorts?

  30. #29
    King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,843
    Blog Entries
    3




    Dead Bart

  31. #30


    Oh god yes.

    They just left Homer hanging

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •