Thread: Your least favorite character?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Your least favorite character?

Who is the one you hate the most?
    "

Blog Entries

Lisa Simpson

I find her annoying.
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

Simmer Down There, Sparky Skylark Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    Lisa Simpson

I find her annoying.
    we know

I dislike some of the recurring characters, like Crazy Cat Lady for example

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

Lisa Simpson

I find her annoying.
    That's terrible. There's no one, not a single person in the show, that you hate more than her? I mean, how do you love the Simpsons so much, if your least favorite character is one of the four main characters?

For me, Helen Lovejoy. She's just so bitchy, gossipy, and just all around mean-spirited. I know she's supposed to be a satire on those gossipy church wives, but I just can't stop myself from wanting to strangle her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Jack D. Ripper View Post
    That's terrible. There's no one, not a single person in the show, that you hate more than her? I mean, how do you love the Simpsons so much, if your least favorite character is one of the four main characters?
    I don't mind characters like Crazy Cat Lady, Rich Texan and Yes Man. I actually think they are good for a quick gag. Lisa has some good moments, but I find myself cringing often when she is the major focus in a particular scene.

TBH, I've been asking myself the same question as the second one you asked. I have a couple possibilities.
    -I love The Simpsons so much that due to my high Simpsons standards, a character I would have found mediocre in another show is a character I really dislike in The Simpsons.
    -I sort of love to hate her.

There might be more, but this is all I can think of for now.

Lindsey Neagle, pointless, pain in the ass excuse for a character.
    Also, this thread has already been done like 3 times already. Just thought I'd let you know in case it gets locked.

fuck that guy

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Goon, Jacob

Yeah, I hate him too. He was only funny on his (second?) appearance when he says he had a stroke.

Blog Entries

^It was his first (in "Mayored to the Mob")
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

Simmer Down There, Sparky Skylark Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Yeah, I hate him too. He was only funny on his (second?) appearance when he says he had a stroke.
    Actually I think that may be his first. It was in Mayored to the Mob I believe.

EDIT: I love being right

spider pig.

DIE DIE DIE!

I don't like Lovejoy. Voice is awful.

I'm not crazy about Lisa in most episodes, but I tend to really enjoy her episodes.

Blog Entries

When characterized well, Lisa Simpson is one of my favorite characters. The only times I dislike her are either when she goes to far, as in "Lisa the Vegetarian" (but she learns her lesson, and I still feel sympathy for her in that particular situation); or when she is used as a mouthpiece for the writers to espouse their political views, similar to how Family Guy sometimes uses Brian

I liked Lisa when she was more of a kid, not the annoying bitch she became

Blog Entries

I agree, the writers need to remember that Bart and Lisa are 10 and 8, respectively, no matter what mature situations they find themselves in sometimes

Writers need to do a Season 2 marathon. Perfect balance for Lisa's character--intellectual, but so childlike. Lisa should still have moments like "If Bart gets a present, I want a present" in Marge Be Not Proud, I absolutely hate when she acts as if she's better than the rest of the family.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Jacob

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scully Era Homer for the common characters.

Sideshow Mel and Agnes Skinner for the lesser characters.

Also, Lisa Simpson is the best character in the series. There, I said it.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    When characterized well, Lisa Simpson is one of my favorite characters. The only times I dislike her are either when she goes to far, as in "Lisa the Vegetarian" (but she learns her lesson, and I still feel sympathy for her in that particular situation); or when she is used as a mouthpiece for the writers to espouse their political views, similar to how Family Guy sometimes uses Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I liked Lisa when she was more of a kid, not the annoying bitch she became
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I agree, the writers need to remember that Bart and Lisa are 10 and 8, respectively, no matter what mature situations they find themselves in sometimes

Writers need to do a Season 2 marathon. Perfect balance for Lisa's character--intellectual, but so childlike. Lisa should still have moments like "If Bart gets a present, I want a present" in Marge Be Not Proud, I absolutely hate when she acts as if she's better than the rest of the family.
    Yes, YES, that's probably the main problem I have with the modern Simpsons, the characters are nothing like they should be, and like I've said before, they turned Lisa from potentially the best character ever, into a psycho-liberal Peta-supporting bitch running around dumping paint on fur coats and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Also, Lisa Simpson is the best character in the series. There, I said it.
    Damn straight.

When I regain my equilibrium Orange Harrison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    They turned Lisa from potentially the best character ever, into a psycho-liberal Peta-supporting bitch running around dumping paint on fur coats and the like.
    The whole "LOSER" thing in Pranks and Greens was, to be honest, one of the worst things I've seen in the history of the show (coming from someone who's seen every episode since day 1)

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Blog Entries

I think it was a bad gag, but I don't think the idea was mischaracterization. It was ridiculously overdone, and not that funny to begin with, but I'm fine with the general idea, personally. IMO, they should have cut the time spent on it the first time it showed up, had the decently funny callback with Lisa flashing the "L" sign riding by on her bike, and it would have beeen decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Harrison View Post
    The whole "LOSER" thing in Pranks and Greens was, to be honest, one of the worst things I've seen in the history of the show (coming from someone who's seen every episode since day 1)
    right, and if you think that was the worst thing about the episode then there's something wrong with you

that gag was overdone if anything, what is wrong with Lisa saying they are losers when they ARE losers. that wasn't even mean of her, seeing as in the same episode bart threw all of her newspapers on fire. maybe she was mad because of that and took it out on him by calling him a loser?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Harrison View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Lisa calling her brother a loser. Had Lisa been as badly characterized as you feel, she would've gone around bragging about how she was Harvard-bound and how Bart's nothing more than a set of donar organs.

must we argue about it in this thread as well
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

Blog Entries

cat lady, duffman, lindsay neagle, sideshow mel, and 1 dimensional characters

There are a couple characters I don't really care for. The crazy cat lady has been overdone, I've never liked Cookie Kwan, and I didn't like Manjula either except for the first episode she was in. I also agree that Lindsey Neagle is a weak character.

I personally love Lisa as long as she's not simply a mouthpiece for the writer's liberal leanings. Animal is exactly right in comparing her to Brian from Family Guy; both are great characters as long as they aren't simply liberal propagandists. Even though I love the episode "Lisa the Vegetarian," I don't like that they made her that way, and I hated when she became a tree hugger, and I hated when she became a buddhist. Give me a break, she's an 8 year old kid. She's supposed to be the soul of the show, not the propagandist of it.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lindsay Neagle, Cookie Kwan, Crazy Cat Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by hin_01 View Post
    I personally love Lisa as long as she's not simply a mouthpiece for the writer's liberal leanings. Animal is exactly right in comparing her to Brian from Family Guy; both are great characters as long as they aren't simply liberal propagandists. Even though I love the episode "Lisa the Vegetarian," I don't like that they made her that way, and I hated when she became a tree hugger, and I hated when she became a buddhist. Give me a break, she's an 8 year old kid. She's supposed to be the soul of the show, not the propagandist of it.
    And D'ohmer calls her "less annoying", she never even got annoying until they started ruining her character like this. I don't even see where this came from, it's like: "Okay, we've got this cute little spiky-haired, super-intelligent, yet caring 8-year-old girl, let's turn her into a full-blown hippie chaining herself to trees and such, make her start protesting every fucking thing in existence, then make her drop everything and suddenly become a Buddhist for no reason." where's the connection? As much as I hate to say this, I think it started with Lisa the Vegetarian, as good as that episode is, as good of a lesson it taught, "learn to cope with the beliefs of others, but always stick to what you believe in even if it means going against the masses," it's the spark that set off her eventual downfall, of course, by season 9 it wouldn't have mattered anyway, they'd still have ruined her by then, just like everyone else.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lindsey Naegle ! Urgggghhh....

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

About Lisa... Even if her characterization can fail sometimes, I'm thankful of all the great episodes in which her unique personality inside the Simpsons-universe shines. Don't hate her because of what she has become in later episodes, love her for the terrific character she was in many classic episodes.

Blog Entries

I actually find Lisa less annoying in seasons 14+. i don't really notice a difference, but something about her in the later seasons makes her a litle more bearable for me. I think she is slightly a better character in those seasons.
    Last edited by D'ohmer; 12-01-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Thread Information