Thread: The Cleveland Show -Birth of a Salesman

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Cleveland Show -Birth of a Salesman

An improvement over last week but this show is still pretty dull, it was nice to see cleveland-less scene

(sorry a fluke of mine took the poll out)

Best episode yet.

2/5

4 of 5 "doctors" recommend bartyboy's Avatar

That was shit. 1/5 for sure. But the Family Guy on right now seems just as bad so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverEagle View Post
    Best episode yet.

2/5
    Probably the best way to put it

but I'd ad a .5

You know I'm sorry but this was pretty decent I thought, as far as the humor of these shows go. Predictably the bear's looking like he's the best character, his scenes all stood out, and the moodier scenes (especially in his office) were pretty okay, especially considering that sort of thing is so opposite of the usual Seth McFarlane brand of humor

Irreverent Humor Throughout Bake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode
    1/5

It had some heart. The Cleveland Show might be an American Dad kind of situation where at first the whole thing reeks of Seth-isms, but eventually it grows into its own. I think the bear had some good moments in this episode and I think I'm starting to like Cleveland Jr. a little more than I initially expected. I still think there are some significant issues with the wife and the daughter. They have no personality yet, and are basically one-dimensional at best, and we're 4 episodes in already. Still definitely not very into Lester either, despite him having his own focus last week. The bear is the best side character so far, but I think the short douche dude might be a pretty good character given the chance. They've used him really sparsely.
    Signature.

Yeah it is oddly funny that so far of all the characters, Jr.'s the one who's shown the most relative personality.

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

I preferred last week's. This one was a bit "meh". If I'm gonna give up on any show it's gonna be Family Guy because I'm pretty bored of that, while TCS at least feels a little fresher.

Plus I love the theme tune.

edit: asked this in another thread but was it ever explained, either in FG or TCS, how/when cleveland junior got so fat? i saw the FG episode yesterday where peter coaches him at golf and he's a scrawny kid. i don't remember him appearing much besides that.
    Last edited by Disgruntled Goat; 10-20-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
    edit: asked this in another thread but was it ever explained, either in FG or TCS, how/when cleveland junior got so fat? i saw the FG episode yesterday where peter coaches him at golf and he's a scrawny kid. i don't remember him appearing much besides that.
    Well, the last time he appeared in an FG episode was in "The Perfect Castaway" (He could be seen in the group of people at the memorial for Peter, Joe, Qugamire and Cleveland)

Bearing in mind that "Castaway" took place not long after "The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire". I'd say that Cleveland jr. began comfort eating as a result of Cleveland and Loretta's divorce (Since he didn't even cry about it as he mentioned to Rallo and Roberta).

They've yet to give an actual reason for his weight, but since Cleveland actually brought up Cleveland jr's weight in this episode and also mentioned to Terry that Jr. is "Emotionally fragile", I'd say that's the reason.
    Such majestic movement.

Thread Information