View Poll Results: What did you think of "Dead Celebrities"?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Mr. Jefferson

6 15.38%
  • 4/5: Billy Mays

17 43.59%
  • 3/5: Patrick Swayze

14 35.90%
  • 2/5: Ed McMahon

2 5.13%
  • 1/5: Farrah Fawcet

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R South Park "Dead Celebrities"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R South Park "Dead Celebrities"

In the mid-season premiere of South Park tonight, Ike is tortured by poltergeists while the boys track down professional ghost hunters to help remedy the situation at hand.

Will it be a "The Ring" or a "The China Probrem"? All will be revealed tonight...

Great rating labels.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Bake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha those made me chuckle

Right now the ads look funny and after Fatbeard and The Ring I have somewhat high expectations for this season so I hope it's another good episode!

I liked it. Jokes were just okay, but the plot was real creative and cool.

4/5

Blog Entries

I roared with laughter at the Ghost Hunters wetting themselves. This whole ep was super funny. Great way to get one more MJ shot in,... (I hope not)..I want him to come back like Sadam does 5/5

Slight dissappointment to me a tad bit, but pretty creative, funny and fucked up. They violated on Michael last time but this time just seemed more fucked up to me. M&T just don't give a f*ck, lol.

The plot was pretty interesting. Wasn't anything they had already done, which is great.

The Ghost Hunters piss and poop gag had me ROTFLOL. Michael Jackson on the hospital speakers made me laugh too. When he first possessed Ike it was hilarious. Around the pageant it got less funny, until the Pedo judges made me giggle.

To set it over the top, the Hell gag was a great closer. The type that'll make you laugh your ass off in irony.

I'd give it a 3.5/5.

I am your big brother

Irreverent Humor Throughout Bake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A pretty good episode! The plot was one of the best in a while and the Ghost Hunter parody was spot on

4/5

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

Overall plot was alright. For some reason I'm more effected by Billy Mays death than the others. I liked that they had Cartman defending him and stuff. Ghost Hunters stuff was great. Little creepy lady from Poltergeist did as well. Pageant stuff was ok, would have been better as it's own episode.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

This was ok but mostly typical South Park fare.

I for one would rather have seen South Park do an entire episode (or at least a b-story) for a parody of Ghost Hunters.

A great kickoff to this (half) season. The chipotleaway and Kyle trying to understand it was great.
    "Did you exchange, a walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage?"

Pretty darn good. Biggest laughs at Chipotlaway, since I've always thought that Chipotle is overrated and way too spicy. Kyle constantly questioning Cartman about it was hilarity everytime.

Not surprised to see the largest targets are Billy Mays and Michael Jackson. Not really an important note, but it was nice to see Trey give Kenny a few lines for a change.

4/5

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Hahaha, I really enjoyed myself with this one. Ike is always adorable (especially at the end. Hearing that little kid voice swearing - can't wait to see this uncensored with SP premieres up here... this Friday, I think?). The chipotle thing never got old and was great, and Cartman would totally defend Billy Mays, if anyone.

I was wondering when they'd bring in Michael Jackson and it did not disappoint in the slightest. Plus really nice to see this as just all four boys - it's a great formula they don't use nearly as often as they should. It works for a reason.

Great start to this run. Here's to hoping they can keep it up!

I wasn't blown away by this one, I felt the Ghost Hunters parody went on a big too long (I've never watched it though so I suppose I can't fully appreciate it) and thought the first half of the episode was so-so. I warmed up to the second half though and thought it ended very strongly, so on the whole it was enjoyable. I'll go with 4/5.
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

...?

I have never heard of Chipotle, so all the Chipotlaway stuff never really made any sense to me. Kyle trying to figure it out was funny though. Ghost Hunters on the other hand, I have heard of, and was good while it lasted.
    I have no idea who the old lady doctor was meant to be, but her voice was really annoying. I couldn't stand her.
    Ike was funny, and his reaction at the end was great.

Good episode to start the rest of the season.
    3/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Johannson View Post
    I have no idea who the old lady doctor was meant to be, but her voice was really annoying. I couldn't stand her.

Watch Poltergeist.

I thought they handled Ghost Hunters real well and if they used it as a b story the joke would just get very tired and fast.

Heh pretty standard episode, thought you feel it running out of steam pretty by the second half hence why they feel the need to get out stuff that have little to do with the original concept, but hey the jokes are funny, if they had went real lazy you would have end up with a conspiracy or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Johannson View Post
    I have never heard of Chipotle, so all the Chipotlaway stuff never really made any sense to me. Kyle trying to figure it out was funny though. Ghost Hunters on the other hand, I have heard of, and was good while it lasted.
    Ike was funny, and his reaction at the end was great.

Good episode to start the rest of the season.
    3/5
    Agree with everything here. Pretty decent episode, probably the weakest of series 13 thus far however that is a testament to how good this season has been.

the Chipotle sequence with Mays had me on the floor... I have always felt like Cartman; the place is gross and you do poop blood, but it's also very tasty at times.
    Heckling a Puppet show.

Blog Entries

Pretty good episode, wasn't loaded with laughs but I'll forgive that because I feel the same way that Cartman does about BILLY MAYS HERE!

"With just TWO easy steps, I can climb these seats and kick you right in the FUCKING balls!"

That was my favorite line of the episode

The "Ghost Hunters" stuff was pretty funny, moreso for Stan's reaction than anything else. Although the pissing/crapping thing was funny too. Plus the voiceover of "It's the gayest show in the fuckin' world! GHOST HUNTERS!"

Ike in the pagent was a funny visual. As soon as I heard Michael Jackson's voice in the hospital I was in tears of laughter, plus the death of the woman from Poltergeist was nicely animated.

The stuff with MJ was very bitter-sweet. Having him be what he always wanted to be before sending him to Hell with everyone else (Knew it was coming, all true SP fans know that only Mormons get into heaven....unless there's a war going on or it's a special case like Saddam)

Overall a pretty sweet start to the second half of season 13. 4/5

EDIT: Did anybody else notice that when Cartman shows the others who Billy Mays is, they're in Cartman's house, yet when the infomercial ends, it shows them in Kyle's house?
    Last edited by Shaunbadia; 10-08-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Plus the voiceover of "It's the gayest show in the fuckin' world! GHOST HUNTERS!"
    I loved that because it was like they weren't even trying to make a clever satirical line, they just hate it so much they expressed how annoyed they are by it so bluntly.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

The guy rubbing his crotch during the pageant was so hilarious. 4/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Pretty fun episode and a clever premise. I think I most enjoyed how this one avoided the usual South Park issues. Several sequences and jokes in this episode--the Ghost Hunters sequence, the pedophile judges, the Michael Jackson possession gags, the chipotle runner--could've all easily been overplayed and repeated. But fortunately, none of them overstayed their welcome so as a result, they were all funny. A couple moments were a little slow-paced, but this episode covered a pretty impressive amount of ground--I also enjoyed the shots at little kid beauty pageants (those things are creepy). Plus the BILLY MAYS HERE thing was fun and not in horrible taste like I was worried about (hey, I like the guy). Ditto on Michael Jackson--it was funny and weird, but also just a tad poignant.

One of the better episodes this season, and a 4/5 B.

Anyone notice that this might be the most Ike has ever spoken in an episode? He feels more like a 4 or 5 year old now than a baby.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

I was thinking about how much Ike talked in this too, and how it was all on subject. It's kind of awkward since I'm not used to it. This was pretty solid though all through. I love it when Kyle gets into these little squabbles with Cartman in the background so that was the best part for me. God that chipolte thing was nasty though. lol

It kinda hit all the super obvious targets when it came to Michael Jackson though. You just know he was gonna be the problem ghost from the start even before the episode began, but I was expecting something a little more clever. But it was still pretty amusing.
    Last edited by Kiyosuki; 10-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.

the original Sex Pistol

Pretty entertaining episode. Michael Jackson is always a lot of fun on the show. And Billy Mays... I don't miss him.
    Well anyway, I'd give it a 4/5. It has been a really good season so far.

i wonder if this will fit the

great episode. nothing to really complain about...billy mays was hilarious, and the return of michael jackson was great too. 4/5

just awesome. 5/5

Blog Entries

Lately when I watch this show, I can't decide if it's gone downhill or if I've just seen too much of it and lost my taste for it. A few years ago nearly every episode made me laugh my ass off, but this season a lot of the times I'll watch it and think, "all the right ingrediants are here, but it just isn't making me laugh." The Kanye episode has been the only laugh-out-loud funny episode this season. The rest just feel like South Park, but too familiar or that they're spoofs of things I just don't care about.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

really funny episode, I loved Kyle constantly questioning the chipoltle and the ghost hunters, the pageant stuff was OK, but it could've been better, still loved this episode 4/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Loved the episode. The judge catching the blown kiss had me laughing for ages. It was predictable that Jackson would feature towards the end, but still hilarious. The gruesome deaths are getting old though. They were pretty surprising the first few times but now it's the same old.

Is Chipotle real? I assumed it was just some made up spicy Mexican wrap.

Which celebrities appeared in the episode? Some were mentioned by name but there were a bunch on the plane that weren't, and I didn't recognise them. I've got:
    Michael Jackson
    Billy Mays
    Farrah Fawcett
    David Carradine
    Ed McMahon
    Walter Cronkite
    Last edited by Disgruntled Goat; 10-09-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    Simpson Crazy
    Now with iGoogle gadgets! Try Quote of the Day and Word of the Day

my other sites: Toon images · Song Lyrics · Website tutorials

Thread Information