• 2/5

4 6.90%
  • 1/5 - There's your poop from the other universe

3 5.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R Family Guy: Road to Multiverse

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Family Guy: Road to Multiverse

I know the episode is still airing right now, but that second act was the funniest few minutes of Family Guy I've seen in years. Just had to say it. Refreshing, since I was losing faith in this show after last season.
    Signature.

i never come into this subforum but holy shit

The best episode they've done in years.

2/5

i wonder if this will fit the

that was one of the best episodes in a while. the disney thing was fantastic. the only joke that honestly made me uncomfortable was the JFK thing...

3/5

Blog Entries

Stewie & Brian, an almost sure fire comic duo. Its been a loooonnnng time since I gave FG a 5/5 rating, but a lot of work went into this ep and they didnt screw it up.. like always. One of the few Famguys I'll want to watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The best episode they've done in years.

2/5
    You sir are a paragon of wit.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

not a bad episode, I liked the disnery parody and the robot chicken scene, but the rest was just OK, I'll give it a 3/3.5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

How sad, Family Guy being far more intelligent and entertaining than the Simpsons. It felt inspired by Futurama and generally avoided those truly unfunny "shock value" gags.

3.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Squirrel View Post
    not a bad episode, I liked the disnery parody and the robot chicken scene, but the rest was just OK, I'll give it a 3/3.5
    You know the robot chicken scene while they make fun of Robot Chicken for doing pop-culture reference...but this is Family Guy (must be jealous for doing it better than them)

kinda funny do the job 3/5, but nothing ot really get you engage

Oh my freakin gosh, I give it a 5/5.
    Stewie/Brian make such an awesome team. There just so funny together. Eazly the best episode ever. Animation during the Disney Universe was brilliantly done. Every thing was just wow. As much as I am a Simpsons fans, this just won tonight, it beat every thing including American Dad too not that I'm much of a fan of the show.

Bart V.S Bob!
    Bart fan!

Quote Originally Posted by BartSimpsonfan17 View Post
    Stewie/Brian make such an awesome team. There just so funny together.
    I gotta agree. While Family Guy turned to crap, usually the Stewie/Brian episodes are the better ones (the 'back in time' Berlin episode in the middle of the worst season)

For the greater good SIR oinks alot's Avatar

brian and stewie are the only 2 funny guys in the whole family guy

Irreverent Humor Throughout Bake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another terrible episode

1/5

4/5. Honestly, the funniest stuff they've done in years. Once they got to the Dog World the episode took a sharp downturn, but up until that point it was good good comedy.
    "Did you exchange, a walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage?"

Most of it was typical Family Guy but the disney parody looked and generally was pretty amazing, so I gotta give credit where its due for that. Some of the alternate realities I think they could have had a little more fun with, especially the essentially pointless Japanese one(god they could have had so much more fun with that one.), and there was quite a few "I'm not even trying to disguise my soapbox anymore" moments like the Christianity thing or the Flinstones but it was a still a fun idea. Seth did kind of take jab at himself in that political cartoon one too. The little jab at Seth Green in the robot chicken universe was pretty funny as well.

Man, I wonder how much of their budget they blew on that Disney segment. They had to have shipped it to another house.
    Last edited by Kiyosuki; 09-27-2009 at 08:22 PM.

You guys are VASTLY overrating this because, relative to everything else post-hiatus FG has offered us, it was amusing and somewhat creative. It also lacked a plot, purpose, or much in the way of jokes surpassing light chuckle/smirk territory. That said, it was entertaining.

3/5

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4/5

most enjoyable thing of the night so far

that japanese joke was pretty horrible though...

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

best episode i've seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki View Post
    Most of it was typical Family Guy but the disney parody looked and generally was pretty amazing, so I gotta give credit where its due for that. Some of the alternate realities I think they could have had a little more fun with, especially the essentially pointless Japanese one(god they could have had so much more fun with that one.), and there was quite a few "I'm not even trying to disguise my soapbox anymore" moments like the Christianity thing or the Flinstones but it was a still a fun idea. Seth did kind of take jab at himself in that political cartoon one too. The little jab at Seth Green in the robot chicken universe was pretty funny as well.

Man, I wonder how much of their budget they blew on that Disney segment. They had to have shipped it to another house.
    I know, must have costed a bit more money than normal for an episode. Looks like it was worth it though, lot of fans are giving it good reviews. I honestly think they need to give Stewie/Brian there own show

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    How sad, Family Guy being far more intelligent and entertaining than the Simpsons. It felt inspired by Futurama and generally avoided those truly unfunny "shock value" gags.

3.5/5
    It has been that way for a loooong time now

5/5

Man, this was stupid. But still better than usual.

2/5

Any of you find odd there a Sistine Chapel in a world with no christianity

Blog Entries

it was funny but then again it would be hard to fuck up a series of wacky alternate universes with no real plot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    Any of you find odd there a Sistine Chapel in a world with no christianity
    I don't know if you noticed it, but the show also had a talking dog.

4/5

Best episode in years. The Disney section was fantastic!
    StupidHippo

Might be the best episode since 2005 (definitely in the top 5) 5/5

Blog Entries

Possibly the best Family Guy episode of all time. Definatly in my top 5.
    Such majestic movement.

I was watching a clip of the Disney segment again and man, it just has to be said again how genuinly well done the animation of that segment was. I'd say most of it was 1-frame per second, unless whatever animation house that animated it pulled some ingenius illusion. I'm actually sort of interested in finding out who specifically animated it, if it were sent to someone else. I'd be very surprised and impressed if it were the same people that normally animate the show too.

Only thing about this episode is like Jamie said, its tough to mess up an episode about Brian and Stewie dimension travelling in this way. The rest of this season's probably gonna be back to business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki View Post
    I was watching a clip of the Disney segment again and man, it just has to be said again how genuinly well done the animation of that segment was. I'd say most of it was 1-frame per second, unless whatever animation house that animated it pulled some ingenius illusion. I'm actually sort of interested in finding out who specifically animated it, if it were sent to someone else. I'd be very surprised and impressed if it were the same people that normally animate the show too.
    James Baxter's studio would be my guess. Even if the artists from FG's in-house studio were finally able to let their hair down, I don't think they're capable of anything that elaborate.

A few bad gags were not enough to sink this one. Best "Road to..." episode in a long time, and an excellent way to start the season.

4.0/5

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    it was funny but then again it would be hard to fuck up a series of wacky alternate universes with no real plot
    yeah, but family guy doesn't really have plots anyways and it was nice to have different realities instead of a bunch of cutaways

Thread Information