View Poll Results: How would you rate it?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

3 37.50%
  • 4/5

1 12.50%
  • 3/5

2 25.00%
  • 2/5

2 25.00%
  • 1/5

0 0%

Thread: R&R: Futurama - Bendless Love

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Futurama - Bendless Love

I'm surprised to see how many it is who dislike this episode, I find it to be quite underrateed and I think it's a very good episode with many really good jokes and gags and with a Bender-centric plot that I like. It was nice that they brought back Flexo and I cannot dislike anything with the robot mafia in it. The mini "subplot" about Professor Farnsworth and his new posture as well as the ending joke with him was also quite funny in my opinion.

A
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-19-2009 at 07:23 AM.

...?

I didn't know this was disliked.
    I love it. Flexo, bent Professor, the Robot Mafia and Zoidberg's slinky are all great. There is honestly nothing in this episode I don't like.

5/5

i don't know the general opinion about it, but for me it's one of the weakest episodes from the season. Doesn't mean everything is bad or something, the story is ok and has some funny ideas and moments, but many other Futurama episodes from this season offer more imo.

B-

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

Blog Entries

I'm one of those who dislike this episode, and I'd say that the reason is, simply, because it's boring and has a pretty weak writing. I have never been a fan of Flexo (although I didn't dislike him at Lesser Of Two Evils), but this second appearance was, at least, unnecessary and unfunny. Same with the Robot Mafia, with the slight difference that I actually loved them in Bender Gets Made, but here they are unbearable at best. And, despite the premise could look better, Angleyne was a seriously flat character.

So, the episode is not really bad, but I don't remember many redeeming qualities to help making this unforgettable. It was constantly weak and didn't provide good laughs. One of the first proofs that Bender is not equivalent to instant hilarity and, if you want more details, one of the first signs of slight decline in the show from my point of view. 5.5/10
    Season 21 ratings (A.K.A. Qwert's Generic Sig Vol. II)

Homer The Whopper 7/10 Bart Gets A 'Z' 8.5/10 The Great Wife Hope 9/10 Treehouse Of Horror XX 9.17/10
    The Devil Wears Nada 9.5/10 Pranks And Greens 6.5/10 Rednecks And Broomsticks 7.5/10 Oh Brother, Where Bart Thou? 8.5/10
    Thursdays With Abie 5.5/10 Once Upon A Time In Springfield 10/10 Million Dollar Maybe 4.5/10 Boy Meets Curl 6/10
    The Color Yellow 9/10 Postcards From The Wedge 9.5/10

Blog Entries

a weak episode, i thought. To me, one of those "God, when will this end?!" episodes.

this sucked. the professor being bent was chuckle worthy, but angline was a boring character, and how many times has the love triangle story been done? i also never found flexo that great, but the other episode lives up to its title. D

I still remember laughing so hard at the ending when I first saw this episode.

4.0/5

Thread Information