9 33.33%
  • 4/5

10 37.04%
  • 5/5

3 11.11%

Thread: Rate and Review:Family guy Three Kings

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate and Review:Family guy Three Kings

Heh 2/5 if you ask me overall lazy writting if you ask me the stand by me one was pretty bad because they kept doing 1955 joke

I for one wished they had use other Stephen King story

Blog Entries

3/5 ....What am I suppose to do, Not watch?

Very, very boring and unfunny stuff, besides maybe a couple jokes, and the running gag of Joe's legs getting hurt (though for some reason, he's become one of my least favorite characters recently.)

The dead body joke would've been better if it was someone like Herbert. Using Meg was painfully stupid.

Act I: 1.5/5
    Act II: 1.5/5
    Act III: 2.0/5

Total: 1.67/5

Someone else said it on another board but basicly the Joe getting his leg destroyed basicly his the same has groundkeeper willie getting kill in every segment of ground

You know what ironic, it start with Peter telling people that he doesn't read enough book and well all the story are base on movie from his book...(maybe there was a line lampshading it)

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3.5/5

much better and more interesting than tonight's simpson episode

This was actually a really solid funny episode overall. The "you're being obtuse" joke was hilariously silly, as was Carter's adoration of Peter's Star Wars figurines. The whole Stand By Me segment was pretty funny overall, with Cleveland having to make a stereotypical entrance, Meg being the hideous corpse, Little Richard's "Piano Riff Woo", etc.

Overall good stuff! 4/5
    Signature.

The effort to establish the story was good and interesting, but what killed me is how lazy they got when it came to wrapping up the stories. The episode had great potential and could have easily been a 5/5 withe storylines and the gags, but the terrible wrap ups forced me to give this episode a 2.5/5
    Thanks for the awesome times King of the Hill!

Blog Entries

Stand by Me: 4/5
    Misery: 3/5
    Shawshank Redemption: 5/5
    Total: 4/5 (best of the season so far)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    i was going though deleted scenes when i saw the lead singer of the who saying shut the fuck up marge

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nico32 View Post
    The effort to establish the story was good and interesting, but what killed me is how lazy they got when it came to wrapping up the stories. The episode had great potential and could have easily been a 5/5 withe storylines and the gags, but the terrible wrap ups forced me to give this episode a 2.5/5
    Sorry, this is the new Family Guy episode thread, not the Simpsons one. (no, I'm don't automatically like every new Family Guy and hate every new Simpsons, but every Simpsons trilogy episode is exactly like what you described.)

These stories played out exactly like their movie counterparts and it was like three short versions of "Blue Harvest" which isn't a bad thing at all. I loved Peter's commentary and how they weren't taking it seriously at all, which helped the episode overall.

4/5

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

the phoenix joke was cross the line. not in a funny way. even for family guy thats some fucked up shit and based on that alone i give it an 0/5. otherwise it was maybe a 2/5 mainly do to the strength of the last segment.

I only watched the Misery segment (as I have seen the movie and read the book) and while it wasn't awful/offensive, they forgot to make it funny. The ending was pretty terrible. I believe it would have had potential as an episode-length story.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode. Really enjoyed this one, although the 'Misery' segment let it down. 4/5.

Well it was better than the Simpsons this week since enough time was given for the stories and the characters fitted into their roles well.
    Considering the episode it followed, it wasn't too disappointing.

Blog Entries

I just don't get why they made a thing about Lois getting Peter to read. And then they make FG versions of the movie versions of the books and stories. Soon as I heard "Stand By Me" I thought ".. weren't we gonna do books?"

This could all be forgiven with a "Peter got lazy and watched the movies" joke, but we didn't even get that.

Stand By Me and Misery segments were boring, though I disagree with Burnin' and thought the Phoenix joke was a laugh. Im sure Joaquin doesnt give a shit and how often to people pay homage to River anymore anyway? Besides, a burn like that has to be given props. Shawshank was good stuff. And I liked the episode's continuity jokes.

"What am I gonna live in fear the rest of my life? That is a gaping plothole in this. You can have the body."
    "You remember that town in Mexico right? ...Crap!"

Would be nice to see Stephen King parodies besides The Body, Misery, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, and The Shining though. That's just me being a King fan though.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tofu Survivor View Post
    This could all be forgiven with a "Peter got lazy and watched the movies" joke, but we didn't even get that.
    I think it was implied.

Thread Information