View Poll Results: How would you rate 'We Love You, Conrad'?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

1 4.35%
  • 4/5

3 13.04%
  • 3/5

9 39.13%
  • 2/5

8 34.78%
  • 1/5

2 8.70%

Thread: Rate and Review Family Guy: We Love You, Conrad

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i wonder if this will fit the

Rate and Review Family Guy: We Love You, Conrad

Brian begins dating The Hills star Lauren Conrad, but becomes remorseful for breaking up with Jillian, who is now marrying.

R/R here!

After hearing decent reviews for FG last week (Stew-Roids), I decided to tune in. Actually good IMO. Some of the emotion near the end seemed really forced, but overall, it was actualyl enjoyable with some fun gags I really liked (praying manteses, Peter and the cereal, Late Night talk show gag (Which I found really cool)). Usually I hate Stewie gay gags, but the whole "Stewie dressing up as a girl and men recognizing him" I found funny.

3.5/5.

Blog Entries

2/5 ... (Yawn!)

blowin' money fast Clark Westfall's Avatar

this episode was beyond retarded, i now hate both brian and stewie

The episode was basically Seth saying he doesn't just do pop-culture, he is pop culture now. lol

I have to admit though, I shamefully laughed at Mr.Magoo saying "I can't go to prison at my age, they'll rrrRRAPE me!"

great plot idea

stayed true to it's plot. 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyosuki View Post
    The episode was basically Seth saying he doesn't just do pop-culture, he is pop culture now. lol
    mind explaning it to me I'm not sure I get it

gravitate between 2,5/5 and 3/5 the story wasn't engaging really but the gag were kinda good

This was actually one of the better Brian romance stories. It was brought down a little when they brought on gay Stewie during Act III (half the shit he does is not funny, and he's already become a grossly overused character).

Shame that Brian lost Jillian for good.

3.0/5

2/5 -A few good laughs, but overall not good, which is the way FG has been for a while now.

I have to admit though, I shamefully laughed at Mr.Magoo saying "I can't go to prison at my age, they'll rrrRRAPE me!"
    That was my favorite scene of the episode. I also did laugh at the "gave her worms" visual.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

not as bad as some of the other this season, just really lame and uninteresting, I kind of liked the A-Team joke though
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    mind explaning it to me I'm not sure I get it
    Think about it, this show's known for parading pop culture around like fine jewlery (Like that completely pointless Wrath of Khan reconstruction just ...because. Gawd, do we jack off to our childhood nostalgia that much?). Then in this they had that little montage of the late night talk show hosts making a reference to Brian's relationship among other things, not to mention during the commercial breaks seeing the promo for an episode of Bones where Stewie makes a cameo as a talking TV or something.

The whole thing's actually kinda crazy to think about. It's a show famous for riding modern culture as its comedic foundation...and here it is making references to pop culture that involves itself...within itself.

He's taking reign of what, three animated series's at the same time and is now referencing pop culture that involves his own shows? Man, Seth's got the entertainment industry in his pocket! Or it looks that way at least.

I thought the plot wasn't really that original, but I still foudn it entertaining and thought the gags were really good especially the Mr. Magoo and worms gag. I gave a 3.5/5
    Thanks for the awesome times King of the Hill!

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

The last several episodes of Family Guy have honestly been pretty good IMO, but this was pretty bad, and not for the usual reasons that make Family Guy episodes bad. Lauren Conrad, whom I have never heard of before, felt as forced into the show as the worst Simpsons' celebrity guest appearances. Brian is overused as a character, and in every episode centered around him, he is either being used to voice Seth McFarlane's opinions, or its a relationship related episode, both of which I hate.

There weren't too many laughs to be had, the overuse of Gay Stewie is getting old and I don't like Stewie as this cross dressing sex freak they make him out to be now. I wish they would go back to having him be a, for lack of a better term, metrosexual intellectual with a slight evil side.

Also, I know this may not bug everyone, but I hate when cartoons slice in live footage... couldn't they have animated those sequences? It seemed awkward and out-of-place.

2.5/5

Blog Entries

That didn't bother me so much in this episode. At least they were actual gags instead of three-minute Conway Twitty filler.

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

the plot being unoriginal was second tier in my mind to the fact that a family guy episode actually had a plot.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Brian dating human women always felt pretty dumb to me. I guess it's one thing when he has this secret crush on Lois, but another when he's making out and sleeping with women. Has the show ever directly addressed this anomaly, preferably in a humorous way?
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

^ Yes it has. It did in this episode a few times, actually.

Stonecutter

i thought stewroids was one of the best family guys in the last couple years, so this episode was a letdown. some of the trends the show has stuck with since it's return in '05 are pretty hit or miss (Stewie being gay, another example would be the family hating Meg). there were some nice cutaways, a few laughs, but overall, another standard episode we've learned to expect. 2/5

Thread Information