8 40.00%
  • 2/5

2 10.00%
  • 1/5

3 15.00%

Thread: Rate/Review Family Guy: "Stew-Roids"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review Family Guy: "Stew-Roids"

After Susie Swanson beats the crap out of Stewie, he and Peter take to the gym. What Stewie doesn't know is that Peter is giving him a little extra help to get those six-pack abs. Meanwhile, Chris begins dating one of the popular girls in school, but her popularity soon begins to subside.
    Thanks for the awesome times King of the Hill!

I enjoyed both plots overall especially Chris' plot. The gags were great except the Santa DWI joke I didn't really find it that funny. I also didn't like the way they just killed off Kevin (Joe's son) and I thought they kind of stretched the toll in the hall way gag. Overall I gave it a high 3/5
    Last edited by Nico32; 04-29-2009 at 02:22 PM.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3/5 also, some nice jokes

the offhand way they killed Kevin was fucked up though, even worse than saying someone "Went off to College"

Two non-horrible epsiodes in a row. 3/5

Yeah, they did the predictably stupid thing with explaining a character's absence by just killing him off.

I don't know why is it whenever we get a Meg or Chris episode, they always advertise the secondary story with Peter, Brian, and/or Stewie instead. Like "Long John Peter", it was obvious in spite of the title, that this episode belonged to Chris. And there was very little of Stewie's story to speak of, since when he got buff, he never settled the score with Susan. Though, the confrontation does open doors to some future stories with the new kid.

The Chris story rocked out loud. It was cool to see someone different handle most of the cutaways/flashbacks for once.

After a parade of boring episodes from the past two seasons, this is the closest they've gotten to the REAL Family Guy spirit since "Meet the Quagmires".

4.5/5

I know I said I would stop watching new Family Guys last week, but I kind of left the TV on while doing homework after the simpsons. I won't give it a grade because I wasn't paying too much attention, but from what I saw was meh. Some of the jokes were ok, but literally all of the ones I saw where at least 2 years too late. A Micheal Vick joke? Come on, I know it takes a while to get the show from start to finish but they were over a year too late on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    Still got free cheese :gatorshrug:

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

also enjoyed the main story, but was unimpressed with the side story, the cut aways, and killing off kevin 3/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
    Yeah, they did the predictably stupid thing with explaining a character's absence by just killing him off.

I don't know why is it whenever we get a Meg or Chris episode, they always advertise the secondary story with Peter, Brian, and/or Stewie instead. Like "Long John Peter", it was obvious in spite of the title, that this episode belonged to Chris. And there was very little of Stewie's story to speak of, since when he got buff, he never settled the score with Susan. Though, the confrontation does open doors to some future stories with the new kid.

The Chris story rocked out loud. It was cool to see someone different handle most of the cutaways/flashbacks for once.

After a parade of boring episodes from the past two seasons, this is the closest they've gotten to the REAL Family Guy spirit since "Meet the Quagmires".

4.5/5
    I would pretty much agree with you except for the rating mine would be 3/5, it was pretty much like the heist episode in term of quality in my opinion, which show they didn't exactly abandon writting on a show, but if you ask me an episode shouldn't be consider good because of how bad the episode around it were

You know I didn't think it was bad at all. As far as Family Guy goes it was pretty fun to watch Chris become a douche.

Though it seems like every single character in the FG universe is closeted gay now.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Griffoan!!!!!

I would give it a 2.5/5. It made me chuckle a bit but didn't please me at all...

I am your big brother

The way they wrote Kevin out of the show totally fucked this episode for me.

That's funny that everyone hates it because the Kevin thing made me laugh pretty hard due to it being so out of the blue and "off to college." I like that for the purposes of this character, because I don't give a shit about Kevin and haven't seen him in forever, anyway. It's very Family Guy.

As for the rest of the ep, well, I'm still watching it now but I'm going to predict I'm not going to do flips over it.

EDIT: ok The Distracting Trumpet made me laugh my ass off.

Blog Entries

Not entirely bad ... 3/5

Well at least it broke the trend where Family Guy is being used as Seth McFarlane's mouthpiece (as in the last three episodes).

Nice to see Chris's character explored somewhat, even if it is only a potential side of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krikt View Post
    Well at least it broke the trend where Family Guy is being used as Seth McFarlane's mouthpiece (as in the last three episodes).

Nice to see Chris's character explored somewhat, even if it is only a potential side of him.
    Heh actually found Chris quite sympathic as a character (well maybe because how unlikeable the rest has become)

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

I felt like this could have easilly been a season 3 episode. Really funny stuff and not a bad story either. It was even character driven and focused on someone besides Peter, Brian, or Stewie!

4/5

Resistance is Futile

I was gonna give this ep a 3/5 but then they had that whole peter/connie bit...2/5.

Moral Orel freak HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah this is a rare season 7 family guy with really good jokes and an actually decent plot. 4/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    I was always a pointless guy
    Its a little known fact that Freddy is actually a huge fan of David Letterman. The Fresh Prince upset Freddy when he turned Letterman off, and his punishment is death.

Blog Entries

what was weird was that she was crying, but the way she was standing over me made it look like i was crying, which was weird

4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    If semen tasted like cookie dough ice cream, I would suck so much dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Fudge View Post
    August 12th.
    Cleopatra committed suicide on this date. That's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    and also, a black man who raped white women, c'mon that's just way too juicy of a story, I just don't buy it.

Moral Orel freak HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

world war 5 run is solid.

Thread Information