View Poll Results: What would you rate it?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - I AM GOD!!!

3 10.34%
  • 4/5 - I'm not fat, i'm festively plump!

20 68.97%
  • 3/5 - Yes, I do like Fishsticks

6 20.69%
  • 2/5 - They have no souls!

0 0%
  • 1/5 - The F*ck Clyde!

0 0%
  • 0/5 - I'd rather watch the new Family Guy

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate / Review: South Park 1307 Fatbeard

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate / Review: South Park 1307 Fatbeard

Cartman dreams of living the life of a pirate so he tries to get to Somalia. Butters and a small group of recruits, join Cartman in his dream of living on the skull island, where they will frolic in crystal clear waterfalls and discover buried treasure. Cartman promises that paradise awaits if they can just get to Somalia

Rate and Review! It's the midseason finale.

Whoops! Forgot the poll!

I don't know what to quite make of the episode yet. There were some pretty funny parts, but I have to meditate on it before I give the review.

I am your big brother

MunkeyBoxx, head to "Edit this Thread" and add a poll. Or if a mod could be so kind...

It was really funny, but a tad rushed there at the end. Cartman's reaction to it had me howling. Lots of good random gags as well, like the radioactive fish and Cartman teaching the Somalian pirate choir.

And one last note, this is the second mid-season finale in a row that revolved around the kids being taken hostage, imagine that!

4/5

As for the half-season, pretty damn good run, IMO. One 3/5 and nothing below. A definite step up from season 12. Head over to the Season 13 info thread to R&R the season so far!...

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Great episode. Cartman turning the Somalians into classic pirates was hilarious!
    4 / 5

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    Lots of good random gags as well, like the radioactive fish
    what was the gag here? i didn't get it...

i actually thought this was the worst of the season. the concept had promise but the exceuction was poor. cartman's priate imitation and his overuse of "tha fuck" got old fast.

...?

I liked Kevin's lightsaber, and Ike was funny, but other than that nothing really funny happened. Though the radioactive fish joke made me laugh. And I totally agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    cartman's priate imitation and his overuse of "tha fuck" got old fast.
    Average episode.
    3/5

I thought it was better than the previous 3 episodes, though not the best of the season. For some reason I got a total kick out of Ike socking Clyde. I agree that Cartman's catchphrase got old and the ending was a bit abrupt, but there were plenty of laughs abound. Loved the song too.
    Lenient 4/5

ain't no half steppin Son of Bomber's Avatar

needs more jokes

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

I thought it was pretty good. This 7 episode stretch has been one of the better ones recently. South Park has a funny way of rehashing the same ideas and applying them to new current events and somehow they're able to keep it just fresh enough to not become stale.

My only two major problems with this episode:

- the rushed ending. I thought this was going to be a two-part episode near the end, and then it was over with sort of a cop-out ending.

- Cartman's "the fuck?" I don't like how it seems like they try to create a new catchphrase with every episode now.

3/5

I don't see south park very often, but I decided what this. It was totally worth it. The whole episode was rushed, but there were some really funny moments here including the ending. I'm going to watch SP more now.

4/5

Not exactly the greatest of the season, but it was suprisingly better than what I thought it was going to be like. Many of the gags proved to be humorous. Cartman simply saying "The Fuck!" repeatedly had me dying laughing. The choir gag was pretty amusing with a couple of funny lines.

This episode was a HUGE improvement from last-week's in my opinion. The execution as Cole said could've been a little better, but last week's was a huge disappointent for me. The ending to this episode was so messed up in so many ways, but still managed to make me laugh. "Men, don't kill the white ones!" LMAO! Definitely a great follow-up in the programming block from Stanley's Cup.

Matt and Trey are doing well this season. If the next half of the season is good, this will be one killer season!

Blog Entries

I liked it better than last weeks episode. I give it high points for having one of those garden fresh news topics as its story. Still not the best of the season, but i gives it an 4/5

This was an okay episode. My only problem was that the story just stopped once the thirty minutes were up.

3.5/5

I don't know what the deal is, but I'm in complete disagreement with all of you saying this was a weak episode. I fucking LOVED it. Thought it was fucking hysterical. 5/5

planning a meet up Nerd Groupie's Avatar

Had a few laughs for sure, but nothing that spectacular. I loved the callback of "Kevin, god dammit"

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    hahaha sometimes i really love you elena. you are a magnificent hater

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I thought the first two acts were really funny, and I loved the general premise (I've always been a fan of the old-school pirates, me hearties). Cartman's pirate dialogue ("Why the devil would ah care what me mudder thinks!?") and the kids' hokey costumes and plastic weaponry provided a great, absurd parallel to the "real" pirates of Somalia, and they did some pretty clever things with the core idea.

The song and subsequent "shift" of piracy was the highlight of the episode for me, and as a choir teacher, I particularly enjoyed Cartman's suggestions in the middle of the song. The peg leg scene was great as well.

The only problems I had with this show involved a generally slower and kind of tepid third act (compared to the first half), and the fact that we've seen this general dilemma in South Park (the kids are in mortal danger but are oblivious to what's really going on) several times in the past. Oh, and I don't complain about characterization in South Park very often, but I thought Kyle being happy about Cartman apparently dying in Somalia was too far for him. He hates Cartman, but he doesn't want to see him dead.

Light, funny episode all-around. This has been a consistently solid half-season!

4/5 B+
    My Nintendo webcomic,

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Kyle was a little crueler than he normally is, but the entire episode was pretty outlandish, so I can forgive that. That and for how he played into the plot later, with Ike. Ike was great. Ike's always great.

Episode was pretty hilarious and I loved the contrast between the kids' idea of pirates and what it's actually like in Somalia. It was kind of predictable as far as South Park generally goes, but it was still pretty funny and they did a pretty good job with the whole thing, anyway. It just loses a point for an abrupt ending (I was also expecting a sudden two-parter, which probably would have been awful, since how much is there going to be on pirates six months from now comapred to now?), and the constant "the fuck?"s, which were kind of funny at first but got pretty tiresome fast.

Such an absurd episode. They really worked it here though.

professional lurker Property of Ned Flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneFamous View Post
    My only two major problems with this episode:

- the rushed ending. I thought this was going to be a two-part episode near the end, and then it was over with sort of a cop-out ending.

- Cartman's "the fuck?" I don't like how it seems like they try to create a new catchphrase with every episode now.
    loved the episode.
    i thought it was going to be a 2 parter as well and loved how they did the whole anti-climactic ending.

i like the "new catchprases" every week, it's better than still hearing "respect mah authoritah" and "screw you guys, i'm going home" all the time. there's nothing odd about it, it actually kind of adds a touch of realism if you think about it. in reality, kids often pick a silly "cool" new thing to say every week and repeat it non stop then move on to another phrase the next week.
    "hella" "i'd be so happy" "tits"
    i might be wrong

i guess, but realism is the very last thing i look for in a south park episode.

yeah, i know what you mean but i think it's a nice touch. i like even the most subtle moments of the kids being kids.

Blog Entries

I thought it was a pretty decent episode. Definitely not up there with the best of South Park, but laughs were had. For some reason, the fake light saber scaring the French into immediately giving up their ship had me laughing pretty hard. "The fuck" was funny for awhile, but I agree it got old. Not as bad as the recent Terrance and Phillip episode as far as repeating one joke goes though.

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Quote Originally Posted by Property of Ned Flanders View Post
    i like the "new catchprases" every week, it's better than still hearing "respect mah authoritah" and "screw you guys, i'm going home" all the time. there's nothing odd about it, it actually kind of adds a touch of realism if you think about it. in reality, kids often pick a silly "cool" new thing to say every week and repeat it non stop then move on to another phrase the next week.
    "hella" "i'd be so happy" "tits"
    agree with this, but "the fuck?" wasn't as funny as some of the others.

"They tuk er jerbs"
    "I'm seriously you guys"
    "It's still funny!"
    "I'm not your buddy, friend!"
    "You're breaking my balls"
    Last edited by Disgruntled Goat; 04-24-2009 at 06:03 AM.

A funny episode, especially the radioactive fish joke. The ending kinda sucked, considering the fact there was no ending.
    "I'll die before I surrender,Tim."

I actually quite like the French they spoke was very accurate compare to the usual tv french (though Lightsaber wasn't translated like they do in the movie, but the term lightsaber is quite use)

The story was a bit slow moving and Cartman got annoying to a point

3,5/5

I LMAO at the ending, just so crazy you think it's going to be a long standoff and then the US military shows up and shoots them all but the white ones , clear, but that was straight form the headlines so it was perfect ending IMO. They show you the poor Somalis and then the US comes in with the most advanced gear and takes them out before they even knew what was happening.
    It Tastes Like Burning

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

best single episode catchphrase was "I'm HIV positive"
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

the ending was awesome lol. the soldiers were meant be looking for pirates who stole the boat lol ie cartman and co yet they managed to kill everyone else eventhough only cartman and co were the only ones clearly recognisable as pirates due to what they were wearing lol. shame didnt see how they managed get themselves back home lol

lol

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Nothing spectacular but it was funny throughout. The idea of modern pirates is kind of funny in the first place, so it seemed pretty natural. Just seeing the kids go on a journey like that made the episode worthy in itself. The only downside was an overuse of Cartman acting like a pirate. 4/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Quote Originally Posted by respect ma authoritah!!!!! View Post
    okay, seriously?

i wonder if this will fit the

late review.

good episode. really enjoyed the ending. "do not shoot the white ones" topped the "can i sit in the middle" and the following "kevin, goddammit" as my favorite line of the episode. considering all the times cartman acts like a psycho to kyle i wasn't surprised about the kyle wanting cartman dead thing.

other things i enjoyed
    "they're france, so they'll surrender easily"
    "the fuck" about the first two times
    somali pirate
    "i feel like an asshole" coming from ike.

bad things
    "the fuck" the rest of the times

4/5

oh,
    and catchphrases i've liked:
    "super-cereal!"
    "you're breaking my balls here"
    all the slapping lines from brian queermo's father

Thread Information