View Poll Results: What did you think of "Pinewood Derby"?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

2 6.25%
  • 4/5

6 18.75%
  • 3/5

17 53.13%
  • 2/5

6 18.75%
  • 1/5

1 3.13%

Thread: Rate/Review South Park "Pinewood Derby"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review South Park "Pinewood Derby"

Randy and Stan enter the boy scouts' Pinewood Derby.

South Park has been on a wild streak lately, but word from the east coast is that this episode ends it. I really hope not, but from the vague description, I can't help but think this is going to be like "Britney's New Look". Either you're on the train, or you're not...

Discuss away!

EDIT: Wow. That was really bizarre, and not necessarily in a good way. While it wasn't at all an absolute train wreck, it wasn't as good as the past five episodes. The "nuke Finland" scene and the creative ending bumps it from a 3/5, to a 3.5/5, since they had me laughing pretty hard.

Oh, and Randy as Princess Leia was hilarious, too...
    Last edited by Brian the Dog; 04-15-2009 at 09:35 PM.

What a weird episode.

It was never hilarious and Randy was far from his prime, but I didn't dislike it as much as "Eat, Pray, Queef". Just an episode I'll cease to remember in the long run.
    Season 21:
    Homer the Whopper: C, Bart Gets a Z: C+, The Great Wife Hope: B-, Treehouse of Horror XX: B, The Devil Wears Nada: C-, Pranks & Greens: C, Rednecks & Broomsticks: D+, O Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B, Thursdays With Abie: D, Once Upon a Time in Springfield: C+, Million Dollar Maybe: C-

Randy.

2/5

the original Sex Pistol

Nothing special, just veeery weird stuff. 3/5

Edit: I forgot to say that we Swiss own the CERN, so if you guys want to communicate with the aliens, you better send us your money
    Last edited by Fox Executive; 04-16-2009 at 04:55 AM.

Not bad but pretty run-of-the-mill Randy stuff. 3/5
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

First part was pretty good up until we got to the aliens and the heist parody.
    The guy shooting himself b/c he lost to Randy was funny!
    The son telling himself over and over, he's OK, he's OK, he's OK had me rolling.

Gave it a 2-2.5 it was watchable, but not very good.
    it just felt like lazy writing or something they had on the shelf from a long time ago.
    It Tastes Like Burning

I enjoyed this a fair bit, somehow. I definitely recognize how little substance there was to the episode once the space cops got involved though. It was the same stuff over and over, with no real laughs. I guess I was just intrigued by where it might be going, so this episode will probably have terrible re-watch value.
    Signature.

Well think Randy very hit or miss, pretty much depend if we root for him or not

Though I'm pretty glad he won early so the story could get a move on

Being in top 10 nerd of the planet I was amuse that while he's dress as leia a lot of it goes star trek

Though the little twist in the middle ain't really that creative and yea it feel repetive

Kinda expect thing to be a whole Xanatos Gambit

3/5

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Yeah... what the fuck?

I mean, the episode was just odd. It wasn't particularly good but not really all that terrible either. Just... very... um.

I think my favourite bits were the scenes with Randy on the phone with all of the world leaders, but other than that, it wasn't particularly funny or... I don't know. What a weird episode. I don't necessarily mind Randy episodes, but I'm just not even sure how to rate this one.

Blog Entries

Pretty average. Nothing terrible. Nothing I'm going to be quoting or thinking about in a week either. Randy was one of my favorites a few years ago, but maybe they need to give him a break for a little while. The last few Randy episodes have been a bit uninspired.

i wonder if this will fit the

what the hell was up with this episode?

2/5...the finland scene had me laughing, and the beginning wasn't terrible. just...an odd episode.

Blog Entries

I've seen better space alien heavy story lines from this franchise. This wasnt one of them. I thought for a second that the "Space Cash" was gonna be a Stimulus package parody? 4/5

eh, i just can't get into south park when it reaches these crab people levels of absurdity for the sake of absurdity. i usually like randy episodes but there just weren't many laughs here.

...?

Randy as Princess Leia and Finland being destroyed were funny. I liked Mexico buying themselves water parks. And I loved seeing the Aussie Prime Minister in a South Park episode (even though it wasn't the current one). But some of the voices annoyed me, particularly the alien "criminal" and one of the NSA agents. And the story was really weird.

3/5

Hate the sci-fi episodes that don't have any comic substance. I had to stop watching shortly after the first act. Please tell me there isn't a Part 2.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

Ok.. so... does this nullify "Cancelled"?

i wonder if this will fit the

^i guess.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    I enjoyed this a fair bit, somehow. I definitely recognize how little substance there was to the episode once the space cops got involved though. It was the same stuff over and over, with no real laughs. I guess I was just intrigued by where it might be going, so this episode will probably have terrible re-watch value.
    Exactly how I feel...throughout it I was surprised at how it was able to not suck badly. But the joke where the rival dad commits suicide in front of his son was a horribly offensive attempt at dark humor; it was downright upsetting. 3/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Weird episode. Like Tomacco said, it was pretty interesting, but I think the rewatch value is pretty much nil.

I thought most of the first act was quite funny, with Randy's questionable advice to Stan (and his "I love you, son"), as well as the racer blazing through the building. But in the latter two acts, there were long stretches without any jokes at all, and most of the actual humor was merely okay rather than great. I actually like the idea of a 1930's Chicago gangster alien, but this was a rare case where I thought the vocal performance of a character could've been better in a South Park episode.
    %0

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

pretty boring and unfunny.

liked the pinewood derby stuff because of my own insane desire to win my derby races at any cost.

2/5

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

I thought it was pretty average. Not many laughs and not a great payoff at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by IM A BRICK View Post
    The guy shooting himself b/c he lost to Randy was funny!
    Meh, they've done that same joke a dozen times already, it's lost all shock value and humour it ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tofu Survivor View Post
    Ok.. so... does this nullify "Cancelled"?
    I'd say the other way round, since Cancelled is far better. There's also many other episodes with aliens in so just take 'em as they come.

Thread Information