View Poll Results: What did you think of "Fishsticks"?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5- I LOVE fishsticks!

17 41.46%
  • 4/5

15 36.59%
  • 3/5

7 17.07%
  • 2/5

1 2.44%
  • 1/5- This episode is a gay fish

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review South Park "Fishsticks"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate and Review South Park "Fishsticks"

Cartman and Jimmy come up with the funniest joke ever.

Holy crap, Matt and Trey are on fire this run. I was laughing pretty hard throughout the entire episode. Then Kayne actually became a gay fish, and I hit the floor laughing.

5/5

EDIT: Also it seems Trey is unaware that Conan's been off the air for two months...

Not bad for a celebrity-bashing episode, especially since Carlos Mencia got killed and all. Best laughs were Cartman's flashbacks (Jewbots!) and the song at the end. I also noticed the Conan thing, which is an odd thing for South Park of all shows, which is generally so on-the-ball. Still think the premiere is the best episode this run, though.
    Season 21:
    Homer the Whopper: C, Bart Gets a Z: C+, The Great Wife Hope: B-, Treehouse of Horror XX: B, The Devil Wears Nada: C-, Pranks & Greens: C, Rednecks & Broomsticks: D+, O Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B, Thursdays With Abie: D, Once Upon a Time in Springfield: C+, Million Dollar Maybe: C-

i'm sure they were aware that conan was off the air right now, but the joke worked so much better using the big four of late night.

hilarious episode. cartman's recollection of what happened had me rolling.

the carlos mencia shit was so over the top, but it made me happy seeing him die.

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

I know this was supposed to be heavy on the celebrity bashing, but I'm still a little turned off by those kinds of episodes, so that's where this lost some points with me.

And that's about it - Cartman's recollections were absolutely hysterical and Jimmy was utilized really well. Parts had me kind of just sitting there and parts had me laughing, but I wasn't really aggravated at any point in the episode by a particular joke or anything (then again, none had me totally cracking up, either). It was pretty solid.

This has been a really solid run thus far, with some fantastic hits and no total clunkers yet.

Great episode, and I've had an experience working with someone that went down in a ridiculously similar way as Cartman & Jimmy, so it was all very true to life. The Kanye stuff was a bit repetitive in the middle of the episode, but the payoff at the end with the song was worth it. This run overall definitely has felt more like season 8 or something than recent runs have.
    Signature.

that song has been stuck in my head all morning.

Kinda feel like like a bit of a follow up to the previous one (seeing that only guy seem to tell the joke, though girls laught it as well)

Lacking a bit of punch thought the story very well crafted if a bit slow moving (though it maybe because of how I watched)

3.5/5

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

easilly my favorite of the season so far, especially for cartman's recollections..4.5/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

comments below the video are the best:

Dropout808BearYe | April 9, 2009
    You should be in the simpsons though, they would treat you respectively.
    tuesdainoelle | April 9, 2009
    ....ALl that 'humble pie eatin'" you JUST stated, don't DO it!! I'm not working on 'Tuesdai's' EGO on the NET or OFF because people can't get with my personality, thinking it's TOO MUCH at time, and NEEDING me to be more of an exmaple. I'm my own EXMAPLE at the end of the day...realize you ONLY get to be YOU once in a lifetime....don't improve to be approved, I don't believe in it. But if you do Kanye, (smile) gon wit it, I don't do it...I've DONE it before, nearly LOST who 'Tuesdai' was for a minute. ANd I'm NOT bratty but I'm also NOT going to CHANGE even slighty cause folk ain't glad. NO DOWN PLAYIN YOU. It's called confidence.
    jareddagolfer | April 9, 2009
    thanks for taking the high road kanye...I know you could come back at them but thats what they want from you so they can have their episode justified...keep doing what you do. We fell in love with your ego and bravado and support you no matter what. "So imma look in the mirror if I need some help" You gotta hook me up with a way to get the Yeezys out here..got money to drop and no store

i wonder if this will fit the

haha! expecting some fallon, but oh well great episode 4/5

best parts were the dragon, jewbots, "flame on!"...it was like classic sp

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    Also it seems Trey is unaware that Conan's been off the air for two months...
    Never minding that Conan killed himself in the movie.

Nothing very special, but I liked it.

3.0/5

Blog Entries

This was a new Classic! A perfect episode. I like how Clyde's calm "Just give up" advice was ignored and Cartman made peoples life hell till he got his way.
    And if I had wheels I'd be a Wagon!... super! 5/5

professional lurker Property of Ned Flanders's Avatar

okay so someone's going to have to explain this kayne west shit to me...what sparked an entire episode about him?

good episode btw, probably 3/5
    i might be wrong

Kanye West's constant referring to himself as a "genius" is a reference to his Sept. 2007 article in Rolling Stone Magazine. His character also repeatedly states that he is "the voice of this generation" which, as a result of his shocking arrogance that it has become an online meme of sort, making appearances on Digg and The Colbert Report.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishsticks_(South_Park)

^that is outstanding.

wiki scores again!

Blog Entries

Well, I thought this was the best episode in a very long time. Cartman's version of events was hilarious and the payoff at the end where Cartman realizes some people's egos won't allow them to see the truth about themselves while Kanye looks on was reminiscent of classic South Park. By far the best of the current run of episodes.

Hilarious episode! South Park is on a roll! Lets see if it will be better than Season 11, which was a remarkably good season overall. Its already better than Season 12, THANK GOD!

I am your big brother

the Frying Dutchman AttackOfTheKillerTomatty's Avatar

I thought it was an mediocre episode with a hilarious ending. And to celebrate that ending, here's the uncut version of the Gay Fish song:

http://media.southparkstudios.com/cr...?file_id=25010

...?

Good episode this week. Kanye just not getting the joke was funny. I have no idea who that Carlos guy is, so I didn't care for that stuff. I liked Craig trying to convince Jimmy to just let it go. Cartman's flashbacks were great, especially Jew Robots and "Flame on". The ending was odd though, and went on a little bit too long. And that song is now stuck in my head.

4/5

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    I thought it was an mediocre episode with a hilarious ending. And to celebrate that ending, here's the uncut version of the Gay Fish song:

http://media.southparkstudios.com/cr...?file_id=25010
    Matty o' Matty, where have you been?

I liked this episode, not as good as old episodes but this season is already better than season 12.

the Frying Dutchman AttackOfTheKillerTomatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    Matty o' Matty, where have you been?
    Eat, Pray, Eef! I went home, where I belong, to sleep with the fishes. No wait, Ive mostly just been in Belgium, animating. Do you still have the same email addy? People come into this thread for their interest in fishsticks, not their interest in us

Quote Originally Posted by thardin View Post
    wiki scores again!
    hah, i like how the page for actual fishsticks on wikipedia had to be semi-protected.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

This was a great episode...it's fun watching something you know will be a classic. South Park ripping apart Mencia was long overdue. 5/5

Extended version of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbkCo5oZJ8
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

puts the 'ass' in 'assassin' gomez's Avatar

fuckin' A

funniest thing ive seen all year
    celebrate the natural need to own what ain't earned

music

that extended version is great

I thought it was a good episode but kind of par for the course as far as South Park goes. Not one of the all-time classics but far from being one of the all-time worst. An entertaining 20-odd minutes but for me, not outstandingly brilliant or one of the best. 4/5
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Funny as hell. I'm not normally a fan of celebrity bashing episodes, but this one had enough other content to make up for it. I pretty much cheered when they beat up Carlos Mencia.

4/5, would have been a 5/5 without Kanye West though.

the original Sex Pistol

Meh. I did laugh a oupla times, but compared to the first 4 episodes, this one's a little worse, but still a 3.5/5.

Thread Information