View Poll Results: How Would You Rate "Gump Roast" (DABF12)?

Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Life is like a box of chocolates..." 5/5

14 5.98%
  • "We were like peas and carrots." 4/5

46 19.66%
  • "I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is." 3/5

61 26.07%
  • "Run Forrest, run!" 2/5

57 24.36%
  • "Stupid is as stupid does." 1/5

56 23.93%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Rate "Gump Roast" (DABF12)?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

could give a flying fuck skittlebrau's Avatar

How Would You Rate "Gump Roast" (DABF12)?

That's right! Another new episode airs tonight! In case you need a refresher, here's a brief episode sypnosis from SNPP.com.

The Springfield Friars Club roasts Homer, with clips from past episodes..."but don't call it a clip show".

Post your thoughts on the episode here.
    yep.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

...Immediately after it airs.

Terrible, terrible episode. Worst of the clip-shows. Only good part was the song at the end.

D-
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    i turn to phil when in need
    fuck my parents

cliche the end is near defrocked's Avatar

Absolutly horrible. Not a single funny part!! Acyually, can I give it a 0/5.

Agree with Comrade. Worst of the clip-shows; (well besides All Singing) But the song at the end made up for it.

Ok, now that it's aired on the east.

I'm never a big fan of clipshows, but this one was ok. It could have been worse, but overall, not too bad.

"These are not tears. We are vomiting from our eyes"

The ending song started cool, but ended lame.

jesus, c/o the pentagon

Worst clip show ever. Normally i dont complain about inconsistancies and whatnot but..how the hell does Maggie remember stuff she wasnt there to see? Im not a fan of these clip shows to begin with, and i thought all singing all dancing was the worst episode ever, but i think weve found a new challenger.
    If rhymes were valiums Id be comfortably numb.

I absolutely LOVED IT !!! GREAT STUFF !!! A++++++++ This clip show showed how the humor HAS continued to be great throughout the years.

Global Moderator - All Merchandise Forums
    Datoupee's Signature... it's Da Boom !

Stonecutter

Sucked. I like the song a the end, though.

The song at the end was hilarious!
    Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad!
    Homer: Did you wreck the car?
    Bart: No!
    Homer: Did you raise the dead?
    Lisa: Yes!
    Homer: But the car's okay?
    Kids: Uh-huh.
    Homer: All right then.

Well, not much to comment on in that episode. I hated to have to be reminded of all the newer episodes that seemed to be on most of the clips, however, other than the opening sequence (screaming homer) and the third act (without the song), it seemed A-Ok to me.

Probably the best clip show so far, and I also thing the voice acting and "cartooning" (drawing) was right on par.
    Marge: Homer, has the weight loss tape reduced your appetite?
    Homer: Ah, lamentably no. My gastronomic rapacity knows no satieties.

Junior Camper

Wasn't that bad. You guys missed a bunch. Whatever.

Thumbs Down

yep, that was a terrible episode
    I mean, Skinner's mom dresses like Jennifer Lopez..
    Last edited by Martin; 04-21-2002 at 04:40 PM.
    "Look, gentlemen. The first snapdragon of the season!" - Martin Frank Prince

i thought it was okay for a clip show. i enjoyed it and that is all that counts for me. They did a pretty good parody on award shows and how people's acts are so fake on stage.
    I'm back.

Rodent of Unusual Size HellBender's Avatar

It was good, considering it was a clip show, had some funny parts... but personally a clip show can't be more of a 3/5... and 3/5 it deserves.
    It was not as bad as the 2nd and 3rd clipshows.

is back from the dead

A terrible, terrible episode, 2nd worst of the season after "Homer the Moe". It was full of contrived and idiotic dialogue tailored to fit the clips, unrealism, annoying filler, flat and stupid humor, and useless meta-humor. D-.

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

How about we skip the standard "It's a clip show, it smells like crap" type of thing. Seriously, vote and don't post if that's all you think.

Yes, the episode did poke fun of itself, but I thought it was wonderful. Having them reuse mr. Burns excellent, Nelson's laugh and dr Hibbert three times was perfect.

Clips could have used a bit better choosing though.

...sssss... science? BlindPsychic's Avatar

It was ok,just shows how desperate the writers are though.

Junior Camper

Perhaps the most boring episode ever. (Considering of course, that us Simpsons geeks have seen all those clips in their original eps hundreds of times, so it loses the entertainment value for us like it won't for the casual viewer.)

The old material was ok, but some of the clips went on WAAAAAAY too long, especially the clip from DIsh Upon a Star. The new material in the first two acts seemed almost like old material. Another Wiggum reveals an undercover operation joke, color me unimpressed.

The final act was the "highlight", if there was such a thing. Kang and Kodos turning out to be Biblical literalists, claiming the world was only 5000 years old....that was probably the best joke, which is sad. Kang and Kodos also are somewhat amusing at the People's Choice awards, speculating about an "Evening Shade" reunion episode.

The episode is only worth watching for the song at the end, which was hilarious, IMHO. Other than that, nothing at all is to be gained from seeing this episode. Quite possibly the worst episode ever.

1/10
    S3: Stark Raving Dad
    S4: New Kid on the Block
    S5: Marge on the Lam
    S6: Lisa's Rival
    S7: Lisa the Vegetarian
    S8: A Milhouse Divided
    S9: Dumbbell Indemnity
    S10: Bart the Mother
    S11: Faith Off
    S12: Pokey Mom
    S13: Homer the Moe

Pin Pal

The song was the definite highlight of the episode. all the clips were some good ones. the actual episodes was pretty bad. The forrest gump bit was good but the roast was terrible. 2.5/5

Stonecutter

I thought that was a great episode. It brought back good memories. Although I didn't recognize a feww scenes.

Anyway, the song at the end was actually pretty funny. Although I'm against singing in Episodes, this one was humourus

I thought it was great up until the song at the end, which was just stupid. Loved the choking Bart montage.

Thumbs Down

That was really, really, really BAD. Worse than anything from the Scully era.

It started off strong, I was laughing all the way through the first act. But the rest of the original material(minus the J.Lo dress and the song) was terrible. And there were clips, and the ALIENS....

Man, that was crap!

.5/5

1/5 CRAP!!!!!
    S1.3 OFF+++ ABE+ CWG++# FLA+++ GIL--
    APU++ P&S- MOL++ TRO+++ HTZ+++ TEE+ FRI+++ MTN+* Kent Brockman+++ Frank Grimes++ Mrs. Krabappel++ f+++ n Ilpso $++++ AABF20,8F13,2F09,3G01 M1989

The song was great.
    The episode was terrible.

2/5 -- and that is being generous, if it wasn't for the song, then it would get a flat 1/5

jesus, c/o the pentagon

Originally posted by or_smth
    How about we skip the standard "It's a clip show, it smells like crap" type of thing. Seriously, vote and don't post if that's all you think.
    why not? That is a valid complaint. Also, as said before it wasnt done as good as some of the other clip shows, the april fools one comes to mind. But fine, if you want me to comment on its non clip merits...well it didnt have much. I thought the beginning was rather stupid...more physical Homer 'humor'. The roast itself was decent, but hardly enough to salvage the episode itself. The song at the end was ok, but the chorus on it ruined it. Either way you look at it, this episode was simply not that great.

Great. My favorite clip show so far. I loved everything about it. It was sort of like a mix of Behind the laughter and a season 3 episode.

Good parts:
    movie impersonators
    the same laughers every time (ehehehe, ha ha!, excellent_
    all the clips
    Agnes/Jennifer lopez (eeewwwwwwww)
    the song at the end

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Yeah, I agree. Don't say it sucks simply because its a clip show. IMO, this was one of best clip shows theyve done. Way more entertaining than All Singing, All Dancing.

A gave it a B. I would have given it an A, but the 3rd segment, although funny, annoyed me because it actually introduced Kang and Kodos into a regular episode. How could they do that?? Boo!!

I loved the song at the end, and you could tell they did it to make fun of us loser fans! Brilliant!!

Didya notice how Agnes Skinner's dress was a parody of J.Lo's?? Gross, yet funny.

PS: The reason they used so many newer clips is because most of the older clips were already covered in previous clip shows.

Don't compare this episode to normal ones. Its a clip show, take it for what it is.

Next week: Homer becomes incredible Hulk??? PLEASE TELL ME THATS NOT REAL!!!!!! OH GOD NO!!

Originally posted by NoOneFamous
    Next week: Homer becomes incredible Hulk??? PLEASE TELL ME THATS NOT REAL!!!!!! OH GOD NO!!
    I think Bart is describing that account in his Internet cartoon.
    At least I hope so...

how was the song at the end funny? All it did was recap memories and apologize for the show. Can some1 post lyrics to it here though?

Thread Information