View Poll Results: How would you rate FOX-y Lady?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - 10 YEARS AGO

1 4.35%
  • 4/5 - EIGHT YEARS AGO

2 8.70%
  • 3/5 - THREE YEARS AGO

8 34.78%
  • 2/5 - TWO YEARS AGO

7 30.43%
  • 1/5 - LAST WEEK

5 21.74%

Thread: R/R Family Guy: FOX-y Lady

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i wonder if this will fit the

R/R Family Guy: FOX-y Lady

Lois lands a job as a news reporter for FOX News. Her first assignment is to shoot an investigative exposé on Michael Moore, but when her story implicates a conservative radio host she gets fired. Meanwhile, Peter, Meg and Chris think of new ideas for a new show on FOX.

r/r here.

having hopes for this episode was the wrong decision. just a pointless episode. i was hoping for an semi-intelligent look at fox news, but all we got was pointless celebrity references, a boring sub-plot, and bad characterizations for brian especially.

2/5. i enjoyed the "what is this? 1986?" joke.

Blog Entries

Meh, I'm feeling charitable tonight so I'll give it a 3/5 .. Just cause their was no Conway Twitty cut aways

Junior Camper

This was actually good. I think there were three cutaways tops. Amazing that an ep like this can come just a week after that OJ abortion. I liked OFF tonight too, but The Simpsons flopping around like fish was actually more of a timewaster than anything on tonight's FG. 4/5

Seth needs to find some other way to talk politics. Having Brian do it for him is getting tiring.

The subplot had potential, but blew it.

2.0/5

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2/5

much better than last weeks, decent jokes, but a boring plot, an okay subplot with a bad ending, and a REALLY bad ending with the main plot

lack of Stewie/Brian stuff was refreshing, though

Resistance is Futile

a bit better then the last two episodes.

2/5

except chris & peter going into the kitchen too talk about meg all the time,got old fast

The self-parody of Peter's subplot had potential but kind of felt like another smug "fuck you". They've really run being mean to Meg into the ground by now and they tried to squeeze way too much out of the kitchen gag, which wasn't great to begin with. The send-up of Fox News was pretty stale and heavy handed with Brian being annoyingly self-righteous (though Lois calling him on his double standard was refreshing). I'll go 2/5 as well, at least there was no Conway Twitty or similar three minute non-sequitur but beyond that not much better than last week.
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

Blog Entries

I think everyone forgot just how terrible last week's ep was. This is at least three times as watchable as that shit.

3/5
    I really hope the episodes get on track to what they used to be a few years ago.
    Last edited by pohzoko; 03-29-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Loved it.

I had to turn the volume up for the whispering bits.... it was hilarious to hear what Peter and Chris were saying

Best Family Guy since Blue Harvest

4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by thardin View Post
    i was hoping for an semi-intelligent look at fox news
    Why? Family Guy has never had a semi-intelligent look at anything. Thats like saying I want a semi-intelligent look at Police work when I watch the Naked Gun movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy479881 View Post
    Why? Family Guy has never had a semi-intelligent look at anything. Thats like saying I want a semi-intelligent look at Police work when I watch the Naked Gun movies.
    Any well-played satire is a semi-intelligent look at the subject matter. Family Guy has failed to do any decent satire for the past few seasons.

Thread Information