View Poll Results: How would you rate "Family Gay"?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

3 6.98%
  • 4/5

4 9.30%
  • 3/5

8 18.60%
  • 2/5

9 20.93%
  • 1/5

19 44.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review Family Guy: Family Gay

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i wonder if this will fit the

Rate/Review Family Guy: Family Gay

After Peter buys a brain damaged horse, he needs money so he participates in several medical experiments to make money. Peter is injected with the gay gene as part of the scientific experiment to determine whether or not homosexuality is a learned trait or something that people are born with. Peter leaves Lois and the kids leaving them heart broken. He ends up in a gay relationship and winds up in a "straight camp".

Rate/review here!

Haven't seen it yet, but will probably comment later. Saw some clips on youtube, didn't look great...

Blog Entries

This episode made me turn my head and cough

Resident Astray's Counterpart

I didn't laugh.

And I usually laugh frequently at things, even in shows/books I don't like, or with comedians I don't like, or what have you.

This is a bad sign.

Like they don't have enough gay jokes on this show already.

2.0/5

^
    agreed, and they've already had peter changing personalities, like when he started behaving like a woman. i thought seth rogen would be funny, but that joke just didn't do it for me. also, they reused the cancelled fox shows joke, and peter destroying cleveland's house got old after barely legal. i usually look forward to new family guy episodes, but this season has sucked, the man with two brians, tales of a third grade nothing and love blacktually aside. 2/5

uhg

(very quiet)

I...I thought it was funny...

BTW: Anyone notice the "table talk" bit featured Cleveland. Clearly a clue that his show was supposed to have premiered already. (FOX pushed it to the fall, but I have a feeling they'll debut it this summer)...

i haven't seen this, and hope i don't, but i'm having a really hard time believing this isn't a joke, even if it is family guy.
    watch out, you might get what you're after
    flickr

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

so like, 99% of this place hate family guy, right?

i found it pretty amusing. I still laugh my ass off every time Cleveland is in the tub when Peter destroys his house

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Oh wow, that was painful. It's really nothing more than morbid curiosity (and boredom) why I check this show now, but if they do have a good episode, I'll give them credit for it.

Good this was not. The entire first act with the horse was abysmal--the characters have become completely empty. There's zero motivation, no reason why anything even happens anymore (Peter deciding to get the horse, Peter deciding to breed the horse, Peter accepting the gay gene for 100 bucks), and it's like the show is almost aware of how tired this has all gotten (Lois bored with Peter's irritating decisions, Stewie: "We're an unusual family").

And that's before the idiotic gay thing happens up. Here we have the usual straw-man "satire" that has no grounding in reality, gay jokes that attempt to be edgy but just feel extremely tired and lame, more pointless celebrity rambling (Peter as whoever's neck, I don't even remember or care anymore), cutaways that are so banal and simplistic they could be written by a sixth-grader (the Asian family cutaway), and EVERYTHING IS JUST SO HORRENDOUS (Chris farting in Meg's face and punching his mother).

Gah. This show has just become laughably bad. It's like a train wreck--so horrible that I can't help but derive some entertainment from its smug way of thinking it's clever. I think I got one chuckle from the whole thing.

1/5 F. How anyone can say this is better than even modern Simpsons is beyond me.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Everytime i think about the 11-some i cringe. I mean louis is the most unbelievable tv mom. Peter's gay/ "aww, i miss him but its his choice and respect that." what the hell my mom would never react that way! Peter buys a retarded horse. "Aww we all buy a horse at some time!" The babies a talking evil bastard, "no no stewie, dont swear and put that gun away!"

2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    so like, 99% of this place hate family guy, right?
    Pretty much. I think I like it more than others, but I still think it's pretty weak.

What I hate is every single one of my friends declaring it "the funniest show ever". One of my friend's boyfriend loves to go on and on how "brilliant" the writers are. It sucks because everyone I know either hates the show completely (very few) or loves, loves, LOVES it. I'm still waiting to meet a person (not online) that simply likes the show, but thought it was great before the revival...

To be fair, I thought the show was mostly watchable before its revival. Some of the S1 and S2 episodes have their charm, before it got so full of itself. And I've even enjoyed the occasional new episode (Stewie Kills Lois was good). I just see it fall into the same problems week after week nowadays and it's just become so GRATING...

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2/5

boring, very boring

The last truly great episode I can recall was "Meet the Quagmires".

But Family Guy has been painfully uncreative and inconsistent these days. This season, when they're not taking ridiculously long breaks, they can't seem to think of anything other than the "Peter and sometimes Cleveland, Quagmire, and Joe get into trouble" or the "Brian and Stewie" stuff. It's even more alarming that so many people out there fail to see this. Elsewhere, I'm having the same problems as Jake is having with modern-day Simpsons, because a bunch of newbie fans expect me to give accolades to crap.

It sucks when the few watchable shows on TV can no longer make the time worthwhile.

Blog Entries

I liked the Blazing Saddles reference with the musical. That-- that's really it. What a terrible, terrible episode.
    Oh, Matt Damon's neck was actually pretty good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    i was going though deleted scenes when i saw the lead singer of the who saying shut the fuck up marge

not right in the head

I thought it was funny.

Loved the reference to Blazing Saddles.
    season 20 is dumb and for jerks.

Resident Astray's Counterpart

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    To be fair, I thought the show was mostly watchable before its revival. Some of the S1 and S2 episodes have their charm, before it got so full of itself. And I've even enjoyed the occasional new episode (Stewie Kills Lois was good). I just see it fall into the same problems week after week nowadays and it's just become so GRATING...
    What bothers me the most is that I frequently feel more like I'm listening to an twenty-minute lecture on "Why We're Right About *Insert Subject Here*" that's filled with non-sequiters and attempts to be shocking.

Brian, for example, used to be my favorite character, but now every time he opens his mouth I roll my eyes. Yes, I frequently agree with it...But that's not why I'm tuned in. I'm watching to laugh or otherwise be moved by it, or because I find the story interesting...Not because I want to hear why some particular group of people is stupid and idiotic for beliving a certain way on some subject or another. It's just...obnoxious.

Yes, there are parts I find funny. Just not enough to override my irritation.

Resistance is Futile

1/5 that was shit.

I do laugh at the the cleveland bath scene though.

also the ending was pretty funny.

Blog Entries

I laugh easily so that's not saying much when I laugh at anything. But even I felt myself forcing the "Heh"s to come.

I got the Dragon's Lair joke. I didn't crack a fucking smile. "OHMIGOD WE REFERENCE OBSCURE 80s SUBCULTURE. IT"S FUNNY IF WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A PUNCHLINE RIGHT?" I was actually mad at how unfunny that shit was.

I genuinely liked Peter's boyfriend and was glad nothing bad happened to him aside from vanishing forever.

I also hate Seth Rogan with an inappropriately white hot passion. So to have them basically state exactly why I hate him, then vindicate him and reward him with a special guest star status for it... Jesus fuck. I'll fucking kill him. I swear to God. He along with the other two Seths have got to fucking go. Maybe just break Green's knees.

To think that THIS is what people want. God.. I don't know. Sometimes it's just like.... this kind of thing makes me wish I knew the hardship of being an insurgent in war-torn Iraq just so I don't have to call myself an American. This is the kind of thing America thinks is funny and is proud of.

I didn't think this show could get much worse, but this episode was horrible. I'm starting to think it would be best to just cancel it and put it out of it's misery. I used to love it, but now they just do the same stupid jokes over and over, and a lot of them like "Peter used to be some famous person's body part" were never funny to begin with, just stupid.
    Last edited by Banquo; 03-09-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Okay, all the gay jokes were tired and stereotypical, but EVERYTHING involving the horse had me laughing out loud more than any FG in recent memory. Especially Peter's disposal of it.
    Signature.

I thought this episode was great, I didn't feel offended one bit. Probably the best episode of the season so far for me (just ahead of The Man With Two Brians). The horse stuff was my favourite part of the episode, especially the callback gag with Cleveland and the bath (what the hell was the episode it was first in? I remember it was with the hot-air-balloon house...Tales of a Third Grade Nothing? Iunno...).
    One of the few times this season I have genuinely laughed, and the first time in a while that I think it beat the hell out of that night's Simpsons.

Blog Entries

3/5

This episode.....I mean.....I LOVE Family Guy and all but.....it was really cringe-worthy.

Since Family Guy is just Robot Chicken with a plot to break up the sketches I'll review this episode in the same manner that I reviewed "Oceans three and a half".

Dragon's lair - It was just pretty to look at.....and Peter hitting the wall made me gigle a bit, only due to his scream.
    Everything with the horse - Gold.......or should I say Goldman
    Stewie drinking horse sperm - That was just horrifying
    Stewie being against homosexuality - A nice little twist.
    Squirrel gene - Priceless
    Seth Rogan gene - Stupid
    Gay gene - GUILTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Peter being so stereotypical - Hit and miss
    Chris farting on Meg and punching Lois - Just goes to show what kind of lessons Peter taught him.......chuckled.
    11-way - Once again......horrifying
    Cleveland's bathtub gag - I still haven't gotten tired of that.
    Everything at straight camp - Couldn't stop laughing
    Asian family - Meh
    Scott - ...........I hate that name.

Who's thirsty for a glass of ULTIMATE POWER?!

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    Okay, all the gay jokes were tired and stereotypical, but EVERYTHING involving the horse had me laughing out loud more than any FG in recent memory. Especially Peter's disposal of it.
    "More than any FG in recent memory" is stretching it but the horse stuff was hands-down the funniest stuff in what was otherwise a really crummy episode. As I was laughing at the animation of that horse running I was thinking that I'm bound to see it again as someone's animated GIF.

But man, Peter's interminable high-pitched "guiltyyyy" and the thing with him as so-and-so's neck just... that stuff blows.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

I am so sick of hearing those generic voices like the TV announcer and the camp counciler. It was the same exact voice about a minute apart from each other.
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

I don't understand why people are praising these current FG episodes. Family Gay was horrible. The only funny gags were the ones with the Retarded horse. The storylines are getting worse and worse. This episode was an abomination. 2/5 at best. I honestly want to put faith into FG, but eps like these are definitely not helping.

I mean the writing of these episodes are horrendous. Current Simpsons eps blow FG out the park in every area right now. And we think current Simpsons have lacked luster! Post Cancellation eps have never been as good as Pre-Cancellation eps, but this season is by far the worst of the show. As TriforceBun has stated, the characters are completely empty. The characters are just subjected to the gags in which they have been "Assigned" the past couple of seasons.

It disgusts me that Seth MacFarlane can actually trust these writers / editors / execs with the show. The ones who are turning the show into sh!t. It also saddens me that he actually "VOICE-ACTS" on these episodes without a problem.

FG is just RETARDED right now and nothing more. Its sad to say, but is true as hell. Ick! I can't even discuss it right now.

I am your big brother

I was watching an older Family Guy on Adult Swim tonight (the one where Brian races at the dog track) and it's very surprising to see just how much this show has changed. The humor, though still "out there," had a much more human element to it, the story was much much more cohesive, and the cutaways were almost always relevant. The direction was more interesting, taken from a bunch of different angles, the characters were far more believable (especially Lois, who reacted in realistic ways to the family members), and it was simply a lot funnier than its gotten lately. And I didn't even really like the show back in the day! But honestly, they really need to go back to that style of writing/directing, because it makes for a much more enjoyable show.

i noticed that too, triforce. especially look at lois. she used to be the housewife who tried to keep everything together, and was a good person. nowadays they make references to her being a whore, she mentions doing drugs such as meth, and is just as bad as everyone else when it comes to ripping on meg. ever since south park's cartoon wars aired, the family guy parody seems to be more and more relevent for newer episodes. perfect example, the donny osmons in play it again brian.

I'm with Tomacco, the stuff with the horse was great in its own warped way. I also thought the payoff of Stewie being homophobic was worth it but the rest was very ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    What bothers me the most is that I frequently feel more like I'm listening to an twenty-minute lecture on "Why We're Right About *Insert Subject Here*" that's filled with non-sequiters and attempts to be shocking.

Brian, for example, used to be my favorite character, but now every time he opens his mouth I roll my eyes. Yes, I frequently agree with it...But that's not why I'm tuned in. I'm watching to laugh or otherwise be moved by it, or because I find the story interesting...Not because I want to hear why some particular group of people is stupid and idiotic for beliving a certain way on some subject or another. It's just...obnoxious.

Yes, there are parts I find funny. Just not enough to override my irritation.
    I couldn't agree more. You know a show is getting too self-righteous for its own good when its message/stance on social and political issues runs similar to yours but it still annoys the hell out of you because of its "isn't the other side a bunch of morons?" approach. Of course, obnoxiousness permeates a lot of jokes in the show these days, not just when they're getting on their soapbox and it never does an episode any favours in my book.
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

Thread Information