Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: South Park Season 13 Info Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i wonder if this will fit the

South Park Season 13 Info Thread

the new season of south park premieres this wednesday, and seeing no thread already created, decided to do one. they've been airing promos for weeks now, with Obama-esque font stating "we're sooo positive".

so any ideas of what you would like to see for the new season? a regular episode without an over-reliance on current events? i hope.

last season, imo, was horrible. the two best that stick out were "breast cancer show ever" and "major boobage" - ironically, dealing with breasts, ha.

I was wondering when somebody was going to create a thread for this, as the first press release should be coming some time tomorrow night.

Numerous people were let down by Season 12, and even I admit to having my disappointments. I felt the second half of the season was slightly better but still below-par, so here's hoping that Matt & Trey can pick themselves up. I'm not yet convinced that the series has reached "shark-jumping" point, but this season is gonna have to really prove something to prevent such a thing.

What we want - More kids. More Kenny. Less government conspiracies. Less crises. Heck, I don't even want a two-parter this season. Let's stick to some basics while simultaneously taking un-PC jabs at modern society. I'm not even bothered by current event material ("About Last Night" was an S12 bright spot), but only if used sparingly. For instance, I would be fine with an economic meltdown episode if the rest of this half-season sticks to more classic material.
    Season 21:
    Homer the Whopper: C, Bart Gets a Z: C+, The Great Wife Hope: B-, Treehouse of Horror XX: B, The Devil Wears Nada: C-, Pranks & Greens: C, Rednecks & Broomsticks: D+, O Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B, Thursdays With Abie: D, Once Upon a Time in Springfield: C+, Million Dollar Maybe: C-

i agree. thiinking about it, this wed's episode will b avaliable in high-def! does that mean letterboxed for standard def tvs?

I hope this season is better than last season. Don't get me wrong Season 12 had some funny episodes, but was not exactly the greatest of Seasons. South Park is such a great, controversial, and profane series....I mean you got to love it. Although SP uses Shock value, it has some brilliant plots and quite clever humor. Been a huge fan for years now...

We shall await the newest installation from Matt and Trey....

I am your big brother

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Premiere time!

NEW YORK, March 9, 2009 –KENNY AND HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND GO TO A JONAS BROTHERS’ CONCERT in the 13th season premiere of “South Park” titled, “The Ring.”
    “South Park” returns with seven all-new episodes beginning Wednesday, March 11 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

THINKING IT’S HIS WAY INTO HER HEART AND OTHER BODY PARTS, KENNY TAKES HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND TO A JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT. HIS DREAM OF TAKING THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL IS CRUSHED WHEN THE JONAS BROTHERS GIVE THEM PURITY RINGS.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Image:

Preview clip:
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/220699

This looks good. Hopefully it will feature all four boys equally, though, which is a problem Matt and Trey had last season. I'd love a scene where Wendy is inspired by Kenny's girlfriend and gives Stan a purity ring, to which he gives a "WTF" reaction...

Junior Camper

I'm already loving the premiere. Kenny has always been one of my favorite characters so more of him is a good thing. I gladly sacrifice the other boys this week for more of him since he's the least seen out of the 4 these days. If they could put in some scenes of the 4 of them hanging out though I would love it as deep down that's what South Park is all about: the boys.

Hopefully this season is better than 12 and back at season 10 and 11 quality. Season 12 had a lot of good episodes most of them being in the first run but overall it wasn't the best season. C'mon Matt and Trey, knock this run out of the park!

YES. KENNY.

As I said, this show desperately needs more Kenny. His only major episode in the last few years was "Major Boobage", which received much praise. But in many episodes, he doesn't even appear in the background!

Also, a lot of their music artist slams lately haven't been up to snuff, as neither Britney nor Bono were very funny depictions, but the Jonas Brothers are both current and ripe for humiliating material.

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Kennyyyyy!

Kenny episodes tend to be pretty great, so my expectations certainly just went up some. I'm assuming the Jonas Brothers are a fad basically along the lines of that High School Musical shit, and their episode parodying that was pretty good as well, so...

Hell, it sounds better than I'd hoped for. S12 was kind of bad for the most part so it would be awesome to see S13 leap to a great start right off the bat. High hopes for this one, and I doubt they'll be let down.

Also, to any fellow Canadians: The Comedy Network has been advertising new episodes starting on the 13th, which is the earliest we've ever gotten new SP ever - for the last season, we were two weeks and two days behind. This time it's only two days behind. Mind blowing. When I got into this show (S9.5), they weren't even showing the first half of seasons until two weeks into the second half's airing in the US. This is awesome.

yes! kenny!

i cannot wait! the plot sounds fantastic. i agree that they should have the boys equally.
    another problem they've had is too much butters. its like matt and trey have a mancrush on him.
    I'd love a scene where Wendy is inspired by Kenny's girlfriend and gives Stan a purity ring, to which he gives a "WTF" reaction...
    that would be a great idea! it would be fantastic if they had stan give a wtf reaction on his face, and they had him actually keep it (like, put it on his finger), with a smile to wendy. now knowing south park, a sincere moment like that's unlikely, but...i can dream, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thardin View Post
    last season, imo, was horrible. the two best that stick out were "breast cancer show ever" and "major boobage" - ironically, dealing with breasts, ha.
    Oh, I thought "The China Probrem" and "Super Fun Time" were hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    i was going though deleted scenes when i saw the lead singer of the who saying shut the fuck up marge

^super fun time was actually pretty good. really didnt like/care for the china probrem.

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    Image:

Preview clip:
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/220699

This looks good. Hopefully it will feature all four boys equally, though, which is a problem Matt and Trey had last season. I'd love a scene where Wendy is inspired by Kenny's girlfriend and gives Stan a purity ring, to which he gives a "WTF" reaction...
    That. Was. So. Fu*king. Awesome.

In those 31 seconds.....I sensed greatness. I literally LMAO when Butters said she gave a kid a BJ in the parking lot of TGI Fridays. OMFG!!!

YES! They are using KENNY! Kenny is such a great character, but sometimes I feel Matt and Trey don't always use him to the story's advantage. This episode definitely has potential, and feels like classic SP.

I AWAIT!

Humanizing Vacuums TheGingerDeadMan's Avatar

Why the hell are you people so obsessed with a character who's original sole purpose was to die in every fucking episode?

Blog Entries

You just said it then. "Original soul purpose was to die". That's like saying "Butters' original soul purpose was to be a background character".

When characters evolve during the runtime of a show you watch regularly, it's nice to see their journey.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
    Oh, I thought "The China Probrem" and "Super Fun Time" were hilarious.
    Add to that the gothik / vampires episode...I thought the dialogue in that one was hilarious and dead-on, really underrated. Overall I found it to be the best season since season 7 or 8.
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

I don't get particularly excited when Kenny has a big role, but he's still a pretty fun character and it's good to see variety in the show amongst its leads (for awhile, it was just Cartman/Butters/Randy, with some occasional Kyle and Stan on the side).

Looking forward to the episode tonight!

Blog Entries

i am so saddened and intrigued that i missed south park's rip/take on those disney by-products (except that i did see hsm episode)

looking forward to see the twilight (i know it's season 12...) and jonas blowers brothers episode. seems like it's like the only show that really gets the pop culture materials to take on at the right time
    calmer than you are

Uh...okay.

From the Comedy Central Press Release:
    "THE COON"
    IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON
    WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL‚

NEW YORK, March 16, 2009 – One young citizen takes it upon himself to maintain order during a time of despair in South Park. An all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Who Is The Coon?,” premiers on Wednesday, March 18 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

“The Coon” rises from the trash and takes his place as a lone vigilante who wipes out crime in the town of South Park. A rival superhero appears on the scene in the form of “Mysterion” and challenges the Coon’s place as a “symbol” for the town.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," now in its 13th season, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m., Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. and Sundays at 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.

Aw, crap. I think we're looking at one of M&T's format bender, no kids episodes...

EDIT:
    Images!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/220985
    ^Clip.

If there's an appearance by Professor Chaos, I'll be happy...

2ND EDIT: Looking further into the photos, it's obvious the Coon is Cartman, so I'm assuming the rival superhero is Kyle...
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-15-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Reading that release at SPS made me a tad perplexed. Kyle would be an obvious rival if Cartman is indeed "The Coon", but I'm hoping for something more creative. But I totally agree that this would be the perfect time to bring back Professor Chaos.

Humanizing Vacuums TheGingerDeadMan's Avatar

Haha, loled at the reference at the reference to that classic Alabama news cast.

I still laugh at it every time.

Can they really call the episode "The Coon"? lol
    Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    Can they really call the episode "The Coon"? lol
    Yeah, someone realized this at SPS and suggested Mysterion is really Token, pissed off at Cartman...

Haha, loled at the reference at the reference to that classic Alabama news cast.

I still laugh at it every time.
    i live in mobile al and my mom and i saw that on the news near st. patrick's day 2006...and we covered our heads in shame. really we're not that bad - well, some can be.

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

I actually like the sound of this. I don't remember South Park ever doing a "mysterious" episode, could be fun.

Sounds pretty fun--unless you count Professor Chaos, South Park hasn't really done a "superhero"-style episode (like The Simpsons' Simple Simpson or Futurama's Less Than Hero), so I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    Sounds pretty fun--unless you count Professor Chaos, South Park hasn't really done a "superhero"-style episode (like The Simpsons' Simple Simpson or Futurama's Less Than Hero), so I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out.
    I too, am interested in this next episode. South Park doesn't ever COMPLETELY disapoint me. Hopefully M&T's comedical genius comes through for us once again! Last weeks PWNd!

Five months after I mistakenly marked "Pandemic" as "the" economy episode, we actually DO get "the" economy episode.

And it's a Randy episode. Sigh.

From the Comedy Central Press Release:
    RANDY KNOWS HOW TO FIX THE ECONOMY
    IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON
    WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

Everyone in South Park is busy pointing fingers when it comes to who is responsible for the state of the economy in all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Margaritaville,” premiering on Wednesday, March 25 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

Randy steps forward with a solution to fix the desperate financial state everyone finds themselves in. The town gets behind him and everyone starts to live a life that no longer depends on any economy at all. Meanwhile an unlikely savior makes the ultimate sacrifice to solve everyone’s problems.
    EDIT:
    Clip here.
    No press images at this current moment, but this is a lot earlier than what we've become used to...

sounds quite odd. eh, whatever.

I suppose the economic meltdown episode was inevitible. Hopefully this will be the only "current event" episode this half-season (I'm fine with one, but no more). Admittedly, the summary is about as vague as last week's. Unlikely savior? Hmm...

Thread Information