View Poll Results: you know the drill

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 -“Wow, chocolate half-price!”

19 10.67%
  • 4/5 -“Two all-beef patties special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame-seed bun.”

35 19.66%
  • 3/5 -“Impaled on my Nobel Peace Prize: how ironic.”

61 34.27%
  • 2/5 -"My diagnosis: bad babysitting!"

34 19.10%
  • 1/5 -“Damn TV, you've ruined my imagination..."

29 16.29%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rate & Review “Lisa the Drama Queen (KABF22)”

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper

A not great and not terrible episode,''Lisa the Drama Queen'' has some funny jokes through out the episode,overall I'm giving this episode a 2.9/5.

I absolutely hated this episode. 1/5

Fight Fire With Fire Dehumanizer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-"Lower your expectations, Lisa. Public Program, Public Program."
    -Normal Child Behavior Book
    -Animation for Equalia
    -Homer drinking out of Ned's coffee cup
    -Homer's animation & actions in Equalia
    -Bart taking Homer's "big word" and making it bigger, and using his "big word" at the same time; taking up both agreed "big words"
    -Juliet's dad being obsessed with John Grisham books, and the soundtrack. "Ah track three, Researching The Brief."
    -Giraffopus
    -Twonicorn burping Rainbow
    -"Bart Simpson, age ten"
    -Lenny/Carl's dialogue driving by the restaurant
    -Model UN moments
    -Kearney getting interested in Equalia
    -Look on Kearney's face as he's being beaten up
    -"At least my dad didn't smoke after his stroke"
    -Juliet being mental
    -Homer's novel

Dislikes
    -Kwik-E-Mart candy isle scene (Lame and unfunny)
    -Mypod mention
    -Josh Groban involvement
    -Homer's dialogue in Principal Skinner's office
    -Dolph with Ralph haircut
    -Fallout Boy's music involvement

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, and felt that everything worked well. The plot did not seem too rushed, though the final ending for Lisa and Juliet's friendship was sort of abrupt. A lot of funny moments in this episode and, as you can see, a lot of things I liked in this episode. Sort of hard for me to rate this one.

Overall Rating: B- (80%)

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Pops

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 20 continues when Lisa travels to the fantasy world of Equalia. But first, we begin with Homer dropping off the kids at the rec center. Bart is there to take some sort of karate from Comic Book Guy. This little scene is funny enough, but lasts all of 30 seconds. Lisa is there for an art class. She meets a girl named Juliet, a free thinker who makes a bad impression with the art teacher. When Lisa sticks up for her the two become friends who happen to bond over Josh Groban music. We get a funny little gag with Groundskeeper Willie and Chief Wiggum while Josh Groban music plays. The two girls begin writing a fantasy novel about the land of Equalia. Juliet comes over the house for dinner and Marge is ecstatic that Lisa has made a friend. As we end act 1 Juliet and Lisa are confirmed to be best friends.

In act 2 the family meets Juliet's parents at dinner. They are the stereotypical snobs one would expect to find, but treat Homer's rude behavior with a surprisingly large amount of tolerance. Juliet eventually makes a scene and storms off with Lisa following after her. Lisa soon discovers the little girl is mentally unbalanced as she begins to see Equalia as being real. Lisa joins in too though and becomes obsessed to such a degree that Principal Skinner is forced to call in Homer and Marge. They force Lisa to stay away from Juliet for her health but she manages to run away with her anyway to an abandoned clam restaurant. Lisa fears her family has found her when it is actually Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearney as we end act 2.(or maybe 3 actually I think this may have been the first 4 act episode but I'm gonna ignore that until next episode.)

In act 3 Lisa and Juliet are caged while the bullies leave Kearney to guard them. Upon hearing about Equalia though he lets them out and becomes fascinated with the story. Jimbo and Dolph return and Kearney fantasizes about beating them up but is in fact beaten up himself. Lisa and Juliet make there escape during all of this but Lisa breaks up with Juliet. Weeks later at home Lisa's book has been declined by a publisher while Homer tries to write his own fantasy novel but fails as we end the episode.

I am not a fan of this one at all honestly. As far as Lisa episodes go it is easily bottom of the barrel material. The idea of finally giving Lisa a solid best friend seems well intentioned but it doesn't work. Emily Blunt is fine as Juliet but the character herself is very bland, forgettable, and otherwise unlikable to me, but I think much of the negativity comes from the fact that she, like Bashir in an earlier episode this season, will never be seen or heard from again. That is okay if the character is very funny like we'll see in a Bart episode of Season 21, but it doesn't work here because Juliet is not a good/interesting character at all. You know you're in trouble when Bashir is a better character! I think I now understand why Lisa isn't given any friends to the Milhouse extreme like Bart. That said this whole relationship is apparently a big spoof of the film based on a true story called "Heavenly Creatures." I've never seen it but maybe I could appreciate this more if I did? Aside from that though pure meh, at best.

What really makes this episode bad though is that the entire story, which admittedly hinges on the Juliet character, is not only forgettable, but painfully unfunny. The only funny bits never involve Lisa at all! I literally have the desire to only rewatch this once a year if that or when the audio commentary is finally released. I'm gonna give this a 2/5 as there isn't really anything painfully moronic, nor are characters really out of character(much) but as I said, a poor one time character mixed with a painfully unfunny story makes this mediocre at best. You can do a lot better than this throughout the show's history. If you want a good Lisa episode from this season check out "Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words," or "The Burns and the Bees," but stay away from this.

Disregard
    Last edited by Bartesque; 05-13-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Stonecutter

This epi creeped me out.

Strong dislike - I can see why this is 1 of the lowest watched epis.
    "I shouldn't have eaten that packet of powdered gravy I found in the parking lot..."

Blog Entries

I throughly enjoyed this episode. I thought it was funny enough and the plot was pretty fresh, and I loved seeing Lisa and Juliet slowly progress with their juvenile novel. I also liked watching Juliet gradually becoming more... crazy? whereas Lisa sort of took the more sane path. I'd give this a solid B+, or an 8/10.

Boring! Couldnt even watch the whole episode.

Banned

Hate this episode very much. 1/5

Blog Entries

Underrated episode.
    1/5 => 2/5
    Last edited by Blobulle; 04-26-2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: FAIL

The Things I Do For Love Wail-Id's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you think it's underrated but only rate it as a 2/5?

2/5
    Formerly CapitalCityGoofball87

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    you think it's underrated but only rate it as a 2/5?
    I've underrated it, the first time I saw this episode I considered it as the worst episode of the season 20.

Formally Fry-O-Rama Homer Defined's Avatar

This episode was kinda boring to me, I never finished watching it all the way through. 2/5
    Jimbo Jones: [about Homer] I hear that guy's ass has it's own congressman!
    Bart Simpson: I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
    Homer Simpson: [takes cap out of dryer and puts it on his head] Mmmmm... I CAN feel three types of softness.
    Lisa Simpson: [from upstairs] Dad, what are you doing down there?
    Homer Simpson: Washing my fat guy's hat honey!

now this is just a straight up awful episode and i got no enjoyment out of it what so ever. it's actually the worst episode i have ever seen.

i give it an F.
    we send those men up into space to unlock the doors of the universe, and we don't even know what's behind them.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I give it an 0/5... but for the polls 1/5.

I simply hated this episode.

Simply the worst.

Minus a million points

Release the hounds... Dracula Burns's Avatar

It wasn't so bad. Sure, the Josh Groban montage sucked, but that was so insignificant it didn't really detract my enjoyment of the episode. I enjoyed the relationship between Lisa and Juliet, even if it treaded on familiar territory. Juliet may not have been interesting on her own, but it was good to see her with Lisa and the two of them being, well... kids. It's a welcome change of pace after Lisa being continually presented as a genius trapped in a little girl's body. Not that I don't like that, but I digress. It's no Emmy winner, but it doesn't deserve the hatred it seems to get.

3/5.

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    now this is just a straight up awful episode and i got no enjoyment out of it what so ever. it's actually the worst episode i have ever seen.

i give it an F.
    same, except now gaga is the ultimate worst.

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

a bizarre episode. i just couldn't believe what i was watching at some points. but it wasn't awful.... just really unlike the show. ie. pretty, pretty bad 2/5

This is a rather enjoyable episode, although I've seen it too many times. I've never seen Heavenly Creatures, but the premise sounds pretty interesting, and I think the relationship between Lisa and Juliet was done well enough to be a bit creepy without crossing any lines. It does get really weird at times, and it is uncomfortable to watch Lisa losing her mind in such a way. However, I do have one problem: the bullies showing up and kidnapping Lisa and Juliet isn't a very satisfying resolution of the plot. Obviously, they couldn't have had Lisa and Juliet murdering Marge, but there must have been a more logical progression of the plot (I wouldn't hate it if Juliet suggested killing Marge, thus ending the friendship, although I suspect that would make this episode even less well-received than it already seems to be). Lisa's objection to imaniging Equalia also comes out of nowhere, unless I'm missing something. Overall, though, this is a good episode and more well done than is typical for the KABF prodcution season. 6/10
    Last edited by Insanity Pepper; 12-26-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Who ever heard of a sad clown?
    Season ranking:
    6 > 7 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 1 > 9 > 16 > 15 > 10 > 13 > 14 > 17 > 18 > 12 > 24 > 20 > 21 > 25 > 23 > 22 > 19 > 11
    Tapped Out: QuiteCorking

Young Master Doflamingo The Heavenly Demon's Avatar

Underrated it isint great but it has a decent plot and some funny moments through. 3/5
    My quest to rewatch, grade and review all episodes of The Simpsons:
    http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...Reviews-Reborn

Thread Information