Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Futurama: Wild Green Yonder.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Futurama: Wild Green Yonder.

Not sure if this has been created yet, but here you go:

Fox has announced its latest Blu-ray premiere release, bringing 'Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder' to high-def in late February with hours of extras and exclusive content.

The fourth (and possibly final) direct-to-video spin-off of the popular animated series, 'Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder' will receive a day-and-date Blu-ray and DVD release on February 24. (The second 'Futurama' release to come to Blu-ray, it follows 'Futurama: Bender's Game,' which Fox released on high-def earlier this month.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech specs will see a BD-50 dual-layer presentation with 1080p/AVC MEGP-4 video and DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround audio.

The hours of bonus features include audio commentary (by Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, Michael Rowe, Lee Supercinski, Patric M. Verrone and Peter Avanzino), the "docudramarama" "How We Make Futurama So Good," additional featurettes ("Matt Groening and David X. Cohen in Space!", "The Acting Technique of Penn Jillette," "How To Draw Futurama In 10 Very Difficult Steps," "3D Models with Animator Discussion," "Bender's Movie Theater Etiquette" "Zapp Brannigan's Guide to Making Love at a Woman"), a "Golden Stinkers" deleted scenes treasury, and storyboard animatics.

Exclusive to the Blu-ray is the a video picture-in-picture (Bonus View) with the same participants as the audio commentary.

Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $39.98.

You'll find the latest specs for 'Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under February 24.

Source: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...o_Blu-ray/2285

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

UR CLOTHES GIVE THEM TO ME Upgrayedd's Avatar

"Zapp Brannigan's Guide to Making Love at a Woman" and "Bender's Movie Theater Etiquette" look like they could be really great special features, looking forward to those.

Also, one thing that boggles my mind: Billy West (Fry) and John DiMaggio (Bender) are in most (or all) of the commentaries, so why isn't Katey Sagal ever in the commentaries? I'm not sure if she denies to do so or if she wasn't invited, but either way, she's the voice of a part of the main trio of the show and should have been represented in the commentaries. Even Julie Kavner, Yeardley Smith, and Nancy Cartwright have joined into the Simpsons commentaries occasionally, letting us hear commentary from the actors of the WHOLE family.

Also, in terms of the movie, I really want this movie to be good, the plot looks like it has the potential, but seeing the other 3 movies, I don't think this would fare much better than the first 3 movies. The 1st one was pretty good and the best of the 3, I'd say an 8/10, but didn't pull off the drama as well. I don't have a huge problem with drama-heavy Futurama - it can even be great at times (see - The Sting) but the drama in BBS seemed too cheesy at times. BWABB was a fun romp, but not exactly great. BG had its moments, was very mediocre. If this one doesn't really pull it off and ends up screaming mediocre or worse, I'd rather have Futurama be left alone before it goes the way of The Simpsons.

On the bright side, it seems like the 2 of the lesser-quality movies were the 2nd and 3rd "fun-and-comedy" oriented ones rather than the more epic and dramatic BBS. This one seems to be following the epic path of BBS, and who knows, could end up reaching the same or even better quality.
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 11-25-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries

looking forward to Guide to Making Love at a Woman

Billy West and Ken Keeler aren't on the commentary.

I'm pissed.

Awesome, Feb 24, that's much sooner than I thought.
    Signature.

I Just Want My Kids Back EthanRunt's Avatar

Shame about Billy West not joining in one last time, but Maurice LaMarche is always highly entertaining.
    Bender and Zapp Branigan bits should be nicely fun, and I'm sure some of the less serious filler will be enjoyable, just hope the film is really good, would hate for Futurama to just grind to a halt with this one.

Sweet! Hopefully January will see a DVD screener leak!...

Looking forward to this, best for last and all that. And sooner than expected!

On another note, today's the 1st anniversary of 'Bender's Big Score'
    StupidHippo

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Australia Release Date is set at 4th March according to Ezydvd.com.au
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahhgoobras View Post
    Australia Release Date is set at 4th March according to Ezydvd.com.au
    Sweet. The plot for this one looks pretty good... Hopefully this can top the other two i really enjoyed(BBS & BG).

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn, I'm still yet to see Bender's Game!

Blog Entries

plot overview with lots of spoilers

As you may deduce from the title, there is an ecological theme running through the entire movie. We begin on Mars, which is where much of the first act takes place. Property developer Leo Wong (Amy's dad) wants to demolish an entire arm of the Milky Way galaxy to make way for the biggest miniature-golf course in the universe (the first hole is on Pluto's moon, Hydra, and is a 6 billion mile par 2 — "a tough shot"). An accident during some demolition work on Mars (Wong warms up by destroying Mars Vegas to replace it with ... errr ... New Vegas) sees Fry develop mindreading abilities when a piece of women's jewellry gets lodged in his brain. Which leads to him wearing a tinfoil hat to keep the voices out, and joining the super-secret Legion of Mad Fellows (led by "Number 9 Man" — who, according to the Fox press release, is a "mysterious character from the earliest days of the series", but I can't say that I remember him). Meanwhile, Bender starts having an affair with the burlesque-dancer wife of Donbot, head of the robot Mafia (and yes, Clamps is back!) and Leela joins an eco-feminist collective and becomes an outlaw. Oh, and Professor Farnsworth is the scientist roped in to do the environmental impact report for Wong's planned mini-golf course .. which gets the go-ahead. The final piece of the galaxy in his way is a violet dwarf star, which plays a vital part in the climax, so I won't go into details. Except to say that once again, the fate of the universe depends on Fry (yeah, he gets that a lot). 

http://www.screenjabber.com/futurama_wildgreenyonderDVD

The review goes on to say it's the best out of the 4 movies, but when they reviewed Bender's Game they said it was the best out of the 3 released movies, increasing my expectations only to see them crash and burn to the ground. However, the plot does have the potential to be that great so they could be right this time. So, I'm being cautiously optimistic.

...we finally learn how Leela really feels about Fry.  

Why do I have the feeling this will be incredibly tacked on at the end? Nothing in that plot synopsis mentions this as one of the sub-stories, so...

i wonder if this will fit the

i really hate to say this, but that sounds like crap.

plus i haven't seen bender's game, and only half of billion backs

Well, the cover's been released:

Looking good.

That has to be the best cover art of the four films.

The plot sounds interesting and it will also be great to see the Robot Mafia back as more or less major characters again.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-15-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Blog Entries

That is DEFIANTLY the best cover art of the four films. The plot sounds pretty good. Hopefully, this won't be the last we'll hear from Futurama. I'm still surprised that the show hasn't made it to 100 episodes after all this (I think "Into the wild green yonder" will bring them up to 88).
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

Awesome awesome awesome.

Such a gorgeous design, and I love the whole cyclical feel of it. It kind of reminds me of Love's Labours Lost in Space.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I think every Futurama movie has had a better cover than the last, and that's saying something.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
     ...we finally learn how Leela really feels about Fry.  

Why do I have the feeling this will be incredibly tacked on at the end? Nothing in that plot synopsis mentions this as one of the sub-stories, so...
    i'm assuming that's part of the  mindreading thing 

Alternate cover:

I prefer the first one still.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

i like the alternate cover better.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This one sounds really good. But I do like the first cover more.

I prefer the first cover, by alternate cover is that going to be the cover of the movie sold in Europe, or are you going to have a choice which you want or what?

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Special features sound awesome.

i wonder if this will fit the

Nice cover.

So are the Blu-Ray and DVD covers different? Or is one cover region-exclusive? Regardless, I prefer the first one, as the second one is more generic. I have to say that Bender's Game had the best cover art of the four (though my least favorite movie so far).

Just over a month until the end of Futurama...AGAIN...
    Season 21:
    Homer the Whopper: C, Bart Gets a Z: C+, The Great Wife Hope: B-, Treehouse of Horror XX: B, The Devil Wears Nada: C-, Pranks & Greens: C, Rednecks & Broomsticks: D+, O Brother, Where Bart Thou?: B, Thursdays With Abie: D, Once Upon a Time in Springfield: C+, Million Dollar Maybe: C-

Still no word on if Seth is playing a character, or HIMSELF in a jar???
    AND, shouldn't we be seeing a member of the WATERFALL family in THIS ONE???

DXC said MacFarlane he has a good singing voice, I don't think he'd sing as himself and should be a character.

Also, yeah, we probably will see a Waterfall in this movie, since Phil Hendrie is voicing, it'll most likely be Frida Waterfall from "A Taste of Freedom" since the rest of them were killed off.

Thread Information