• 2/5

1 5.88%
  • 1/5

3 17.65%

Thread: Rate/Review American Dad: "Pulling Double Booty"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Rate/Review American Dad: "Pulling Double Booty"

Hayley dates a Stan lookalike and Steve hangs out with a bunch of chicks. As in, birds. Rate/review it here!
    My Nintendo webcomic,

It seemed like the end of the episode was cut off, because there was no real joke. It seemed like a line or two of Stan's were cut off.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Red Face

I caught the cut-short ending as well and checked out the full version on Hulu.

I smell censorship. With the wild fires tearing through California, Fox was afraid to show Hayley igniting an entire forest in anger. Either way, this ending wouldn't help this shameless Family guy rip-off.

1/5
    UP AND ATOM!

Chinese daylight vampire kupomog's Avatar

Why Can't We Be Friends? The Southern Dandy's Avatar

I didn't know the plot before watching it, so that bit with Hayley and the look-alike in bed was one of the most shocking "commercial break cliffhangers" I've ever seen. Right up there with Riley staking Spike on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Top Ten:
    1. "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
    2. "The Way We Was"
    3. "Summer of 4 Ft. 2"
    4. "Boy Scoutz in the Hood"
    5. "Bart's Comet"
    6. "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song"
    7. "Lisa On Ice"
    8. "Bart Sells His Soul"
    9. "Homer at the Bat"
    10. "Lisa's Pony"

Uhhh....I'll be back! Pruh-Probably.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Either way, this ending wouldn't help this shameless Family guy rip-off.

1/5
    I'm sick of seeing this claim. "American Dad" doesn't do cutaways and isn't so dependent on pop culture references. It has interesting stories. The fact that the two shows have similar casts (parents, son, daughter, talking animal, flamboyant talking extra character) doesn't outweigh the fact that the structure and style are very different.

Humanizing Vacuums TheGingerDeadMan's Avatar

So, uh, what got cut out then?

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by TheGingerDeadMan View Post
    So, uh, what got cut out then?
    A few posts above, it was said Hayley lit the whole forest on fire in anger, but that Fox censored it because of the wildfires that are happening in California in the last few days. The uncut ending is on Hulu.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    A few posts above, it was said Hayley lit the whole forest on fire in anger, but that Fox censored it because of the wildfires that are happening in California in the last few days. The uncut ending is on Hulu.
    Oh wow, really? They screened the proper full version here in Canada. I won't lie, I did think of the California fires briefly.
    Signature.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

The general premise and gross-out factor of this episode was a tough hurdle, although the blow was softened a bit with Francine being disgusted with it all. I found Hayley pretty unlikeable in this show, but at least I rooted for someone this time: Stan. For perhaps the first time in the show, I felt some sympathy for him (after he said, "You used to watch Sesame Street," a good line in that context). The storyline had some decent pacing and a couple good gags (I liked the dancing chicks), but the show still retained it's raunchy cynicism that makes most of the humor a bitter pill to swallow. And I found the subplot pretty unsatisfying.

3/5

However, in defense of the show--and this is odd coming from someone that made a thread asking why everyone liked it so much--it does a decent job at differentiating itself from Family Guy. It started off as a clone, but the tighter stories and lack of cutaways/celebrity gags make it feel like it has more of its own feel (despite the similarities in the art style).

a rare miss. it wasnt all the engaging and not nearly as funny as all the other episodes this season or last. 33/5

Why Can't We Be Friends? The Southern Dandy's Avatar

Did anybody else get a kick out of seeing Hayley rip up "Superfudge" in a flashback? I thought it was a nice, authentic reference...that book was one of my favourites as a kid.

I thought this episode had some pretty funny puns and jokes. I laughed til it hurt, when Francine thought it was Stan who was making out with Hayley. "YOU MONSTER!!!" XDDD
    The plot was funny in itself, and the writing was actually pretty well-done.
    Last week's was better though, imo.
    I would give it a 4/5

I am your big brother

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

While I agree that after the first season AD did differentiate itself a bit more from FG, it still feels TOO close to being just a FG minus the cutaways. Like a receptacle for the jokes that weren't good enough for FG.

My major complaints: Characters are too mean and uncaring of each other in both series, Roger is less of an alien and more of a Stewie/Brian hybrid, Klaus the goldfish was an ill conceived character that quickly lost any reason to be in the show (aka AD's answer to Meg).

AD is at its best when it has a full on CIA plot or plays up the "American family living with an alien", but unfortunately this is rare.

Can't wait for an hour and a half of Seth McFarlane! Hell, give Quagmire a spinoff and make it two hours!

"You used to watch Sesame Street."

3.0/5

Thread Information