• 2/5

9 32.14%
  • 1/5

6 21.43%

Thread: Rate/Review Family Guy: "Tales of a Third Grade Nothing"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Rate/Review Family Guy: "Tales of a Third Grade Nothing"

Peter gets sent back to third grade while Stewie revamps a nightclub. Rate/review it here!
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Junior Camper

Not quite as awful as "Baby Not on Board," but nowhere near as good as "Road to Germany" or "The Man with Two Brians." If that pattern keeps up, I'll like the next one.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Not much going on in this thread, eh?

I spent a lot of time working last night so I left the TV on for the whole animation block on Fox. I thought the cutaways were an improvement and some of the gags were okay. But the plot made zero sense (first they say he needs a high school education, then he needs to just pass the third grade?), and the back to school bit had weak gags and only took up a fraction of the episode. The subplot with Brian was a little better, but as a big Sinatra fan, having Frank Jr. say some of those lines was cringe-inducing.

One annoying aspect of this show is attempting satire by making characters say overly-obvious, unrealistic things to emphasize consequences. An example of this is the children saying things like, "Hey, you can make fun of gay people, and by doing that, feel better about your own sexuality." Lines like this are just incredibly sloppy and they showed up numerous times in the episode. And there were the usual bad gags like Michael Jackson, Peter getting beat up by the robot, and Peter shoving Meg's face in his butt and farting.

Eh. C-

1st and 2nd half were absolute terrible, .5/5. The gags were dull and predictable. The 3rd act however saved the show. Andy Dick, Lincoln, and Prince gags all got a lot of laughs, 3.5/5 material. overall however, 2/5.

2.0/5

It's Just A Flesh Wound ppoi307's Avatar

hilarious episode, rediculous plot (really? Andy Dick!) 4/5

Easy 2.5 / 5 for me.
    The gags in the beginning WERE HORRIBLE AND DRY. They tried out a few puns, and they were all garbage. The subplot was better than the center plot. Peter going back to the Third grade was a mediocre idea, and had tons of mediocre jokes. Frank Sinatra Jr. is a bland character to me aswell. I never liked him. The nightclub idea sounded worse
    than the Third Grade one, however it came out to be better.

The last part of the show is what made it funny. Andy Dick had me dying in laughter. The Michael Jackson skit had me rolling in laughter! Punching his groin, Hitting it with a Lightsaber, and than shooting it with the Machine Pistol (i think)! "Thank you everybody"...XDDDD.....Funniest gag in the episode, imo.

I thought the episode was lame, tbh. Last weeks was much funnier to me. Hopefully next weekend will be a better one.

I am your big brother

lust 4 quagland HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

awful ep. only thing i like in it is the take me out to pLace tonight number and not because of the lyrics but because of how swingy it is 1/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe
    The only thing you've managed to do is piss us off. You are a fucking prick, and it's people like you that are bringing this damn country down.

Blog Entries

did uh..anything happen in this episode? this is one of those sixth production run eps that just sits there casually tossing racist jokes, fart jokes, direct rips of scenes from other media, shock humor, blah de fuck blahhh.

yeah this is a 1/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    If semen tasted like cookie dough ice cream, I would suck so much dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Fudge View Post
    August 12th.
    Cleopatra committed suicide on this date. That's pretty cool.

Blog Entries

oh the bomb blew up the childrens hospital?? eeeedddggggyyyyyy

Remember Me As I Was 8000000000!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably one of my favorites of Season 7, but considering how bad that Season was and how mediocre this episode was, that says alot about how much Family Guy declined this Season. Besides a few good jokes (Who The Hell Cares!), it was boring and had a really bad plot. 2/5 for the poll.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 26 Ratings:
    Clown In the Dumps-6.5/10 The Wreck of the Relationship-7.1/10 Super Franchise Me-5.6/10 Treehouse of Horror XXV-7.8/10 Simpsorama--/10 Blazed and Confused--/10 I Won't Be Home For Christmas--/10 The Musk Who Fell to Earth--/10 The Man Who Came to be Dinner--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

why is "who the hell cares" funny?

Blog Entries

yeah it's not

Turn the other cheek Nightmare on Ell Street's Avatar

My first episode of FG in months whilst it was on TV...

and it was awful.

1/5
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

this is one of the worst, certainly. both plots are abhorrent and stupid, plus more seth jerkin off at the end with the FRANKLIN SINATRA JR and BRIAN duet. i like the song kinda but yeah i can't do anything but picture seth rubbin his dick to it

SHAFT - greatest sex machine GhoulSpookerSnospisEht's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a forgettable episode, but come on, it really isn't that bad. It has some really classic jokes like Peter burning down a childrens' hospital, Michael Jackson's itching crotch and Quagmire constantly finding offsprings from him. Certainly not a great episode, the sub-plot especially is pretty weak, but it's entertaining enough for a decent half hour. 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Ray View Post
    OSS must like girls with glasses because he's had too many situations where a girl said yes to him without first getting a good look and seeing the horror. :LOL:

Oh wait, it's his birthday. Sorry.

Blog Entries

every joke you listed was awful. i think the only joke i enjoy is executive bathroom islandd

Thread Information