View Poll Results: What did you think of "Love Blactually"?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5- Freaking sweet!

1 3.45%
  • 4/5- Glad Cleveland's getting his own show, he's hilarious!

9 31.03%
  • 3/5- Yet another mediocre cutaway-o-rama

9 31.03%
  • 2/5- Who's leg do you have to hump to get a decent episode around here?

4 13.79%
  • 1/5- I blame captalism for this episode's existance

6 20.69%

Thread: Rate/Review Family Guy "Love Blactually"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review Family Guy "Love Blactually"

Okay, so Family Guy is notoriously unpopular right now due to some terrible episodes from last season. Ironically, the beginning of last season sported some excellent episodes. Will history repeat itself? Lets find out tonight!...in yet another Brian episode:

Brian sets his sights on a girl named Carolyn and follows Stewie's advice to take things slow with the relationship, only to drive her crazy and straight into Cleveland's arms. Brian does whatever it takes to win her back, even if it means getting Cleveland's ex-wife Loretta involved.
    Hopefully this will be infinitively better than "The Former Life of Brian" (shudders)...

mod edit: The episode is now available for view on Hulu.

surprisingly it was enjoyable. laughed alot, which was a refreshing change. 4/5, although i dont agree with the caption for that choice on the poll.

Brian episodes have turned out to be some of the best in the series. Yet again, we see some real character on show here, both in Brian and Cleveland...and hell, even Loretta! Lot of great gags and actually very few cutaways...it was a strong start to the season.

[but I have a feeling the Jesus one will blow this one off the top of the water]

Blog Entries

Still not impressed. I'm only tuning in for the baby and the dog anymore

Humanizing Vacuums TheGingerDeadMan's Avatar

Anyone know where I can watch this online?

http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/10753

Not that I'm condoning the viewing of this show.

What the fuck is up with Family Guy's blaring liberalism? They're killing Brian each and every time they use him.

There were only a couple small jokes I laughed at, neither of which were that great. But this was every bit as boring as "The Former Life of Brian"; Brian has bad luck dating women, and Stewie only makes things worse with his poor advice and his secret crush on the dog. The part about Loretta's return, outside Cleveland's closure with her, felt quite pointless knowing he'll be on his own series soon, which still feels like a bad idea.

We're in for another spectacular season.

1.0/5

Where were Meg and Chris? Haha, oh well.
    This was a strong Family Guy episode which stayed focused on its story first and foremost from start to finish, with a good percentage of the jokes coming from within the Quahog world itself and not cutaways or random nonsense. Stewie's weirdness was a definitely highlight. By now I've gotten over the writers' abandoning his evil child persona in favor of a quirky sexually-ambiguous high culture verbose weirdo. There's probably more room for laughs this way, as evident by another pronunciation debate between him and Brian ("you're not actually serious, that can't be how you pronounce 'ruin'"), Stewie being some kind of authority figure on dating advice, and him just dressing as an owl outside a windowsill all made for good laughs. Nearly all the jokes involving costumes at the party worked (Woodstock talking to Brian, Joe only being labeled as "Crippled _______", etc. I just thought that overall most everything worked in this episode.

4/5
    Signature.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4/5

one of the better episodes in awhile, a surprising amount of gags that didnt involve a cutaway, and i laughed some, which was good cause it was just cheap laughs at random ass things that had nothing to do with the plot

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

3/5, Brian's being a liberal shtick kind of gets old but he's still more enjoyable to see than Peter as subject in an episode.

Very meh and not many laughs, but Cleveland's speech to Loretta was surprisingly well done, and it was better than Simpsons tonight.

Still, 2.5/5, which I'm rounding to 3/5. Again looking forward to "Road to Germany", which FINALLY got an airdate...

BTW: Getting sick of that damn Jack in the Box pita commercial...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    Very meh and not many laughs, but Cleveland's speech to Loretta was surprisingly well done, and it was better than Simpsons tonight.

Still, 2.5/5, which I'm rounding to 3/5. Again looking forward to "Road to Germany", which FINALLY got an airdate...

BTW: Getting sick of that damn Jack in the Box pita commercial...
    the one with the guys screaming in the strollers?

god i hate that so much

Wow I tuned in late and thought they were already airing The Cleveland Show but without giant bears yet. It was actually ok, I really liked what Cleveland said to Loretta, especially since they didn't fuck it up by trying to shove some lame gag in there for a laugh, they just let it be and it was sweet. My favorite part though is probably Brian's reaction to Cleveland at the end when talking about some kind of STD and seeing a doctor. I just like the way he delivered his lines.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

Wow that was a surprisingly good conclusion to Cleveland and Loretta's relationship.
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Yeah I like Brian too, and I'm with Kupo on the ending.

the original Sex Pistol

Good episode by Family Guy standards, very weak episode by Simpsons standards.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the season premiere. I think they've gone about as far as I'd like with Brian dating human women plots so I was kind of dreading it but it actually turned out alright with perhaps the most well done and coherent Family Guy story in a long time. The cutaways weren't too long and for the most part were pretty funny but best of all, they avoided the smugly bashing someone or something. There were a couple of references like that (the Robin Williams one for example) but they were fleeting and didn't drag out in an embarrassing "Look how cool we are, everyone else sucks" diatribe. 4/5, though I can't say I'm excited by the prospect of the Cleveland spinoff despite my vote in the poll.
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

i didnt like it ..at all 1/5

Blog Entries

honestly, if this is any indication of the Cleveland Show, it MAY be better than FG currently is, although i doubt it

pretty rad

Hulu link added to the first post. Watching it now.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

i wonder if this will fit the

Bump. Rerun tonight: very good episode. Loretta and Cleveland were suprisingly written well. Brian was annoying throughout the episode but stewie was pretty good. Ending was hilarious, especially brians delivering of lines. 4/5

Thread Information