View Poll Results: How would you rate Weekend at Burnsies

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can fee-eeel the music! (5/5)

61 26.64%
  • 10 times more addictive than marijuana! (4/5)

65 28.38%
  • Toad-lickin good! (3/3)

58 25.33%
  • My shoes are talking. (2/5)

30 13.10%
  • My God, it's nothing but carrots and peyote (1/5)

15 6.55%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Rate: "Weekend at Burnsie's" (DABF11)?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

How Would You Rate: "Weekend at Burnsie's" (DABF11)?

It's here! One of the most anticipated episode of the season airs tonight! After it airs, post your opinions of this episode.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

This thread will be re-opened after the episode ends on the east coast.

e@nohomers.net #BostonStrong

cliche the end is near defrocked's Avatar

Hilarious stuff. Best episode of the season!!

...sssss... science? BlindPsychic's Avatar

Pretty funny. The ending was a litle abrupt though.

I'd have to say that I enjoyed the first half of the episode mainly for some funny instances. Those include:
    pop-up video with CBG
    Ned and the kids praying on Marge's garden
    Homer's relationship with the crows
    Crow Diddy, Russel Crow, etc.
    Group of crows is called a murder
    Sweet sweet eye juices
    Prescription bongs
    "Objects may appear more edible..."
    I could smoke in the president's face and he would be groovin...
    Rainbow blood
    Call waiting on the phone-line (predictable)
    The audience looking confused when Homer says they took time away from their "jobs"
    Marijuana is good for medical use or watching "The Matrix"
    Otto referring to some marriage
    They call em fingers but I've never seen them fing
    Quiting cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds
    I keep it as a reminder (Dentist note)

The problem is that there is virtually no controversey or debate about anything related to marijuana. The only thing
    about Ned Flanders' opposing the pro-pot stance is his clipboard of signatures. And the most intelligent thing Lisa has to say about the issue
    is, "that it smells like the art teachers' lounge." There is way too much time spent on Homer hanging out with Otto while stoned. The rally with
    Phish isn't much of anything, but a waste of time. Phish plays a part of a song, and Homer goes up on stage and rants, only to learn that the
    vote already took place -DUMB (an easy way for the writers to dodge any debate about the issue, which the episode should have been largely
    based upon). The subplot about Homer's promotion is so out of place that I nearly forgot about it. He gets promoted to
    VP because he laughs at Mr. Burn's jokes. After that, they spend so much time showing Homer stoned that in the last few minutes, they are
    forced to cram some story about an IPO.

I gave it a 3 out of 5. Starting and ending were mediocre but the middle was great and full of laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    i turn to phil when in need
    fuck my parents

Pin Pal

Since when was Mike Scully put back in charge.

Another great episode! Funny, good plot, and everything. I think the Phish fans were dissapointed though. Not a lot of Phish in the episode. The very first part of the first scene where Marge was explaining the overgrown vegetables was boring and out of place. I did like the Dirty Hoe seeds though. It made me laugh. Flanders was funny when he was praying and imitating Wiggum. I also never knew Maggie was a little escape artist! That was brave of her. Another thing I thought that was interesting is when Marge was building the scare crow and used cloths from different episodes. If anyone has a frame grab of Dr. Hibbert holding up the bongs, I would love to have that. All in all, a great episode. So, you know what my rating will be. That’s right! 10/10. I hope all you guys liked it too.

The episode was not very good at all. It made no sense! The only good part was Flanders praying to the cross, and Marge shooing him! And I missed the prescription scene because of a flash flood watch!! RRRRRR I'm so mad!

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

Phish was on for less than two minutes, which was a good move, seeing as how there was concern they'd be taking up too much of the story. They got in, they got out, and they didn't screw it up. The "pothead" comment was funny, too.
    Mostly I was unimpressed. Smithers smoked pot at the end and put on a Judy Garland suit. Why? It made absolutely no sense and did nothing for the story. It almost seemed like a setup for "better start inhalin', Wayland", which was just sad. 1/5
    Last edited by mr. broom; 04-07-2002 at 04:38 PM.

First Act: B
    Second Act: A-
    Third Act: D+

This overalls a 3/5 from me. The last 4 minutes really lost me, and the ending was extremely abrupt, and the whole Burns being dead thing was awful. Full review soon.And I told all u Phans that Phish would be in it for no more than 3 minutes. I think they were only on for 2 actually.
    Signature.

I didn't like the first scene except for Flanders & Kids and CBG Pop Up,2nd Scene was the best,and I liked the 3rd scene,and the slap ending

Now all three
    (Slap,slap,slap)
    Excellent!

So..

First Scene:2/5
    2nd Scene:4/5
    3rd Scene:3/5

Overall:3/5 A pretty good episode
    I love you, baby.

A few good laughs, but overall the story was far too choppy. Once again, there was a disappointing guest appearance. What happened to Phish playing the Simpsons theme song at the conclusion? Man does season 13 suck. 3/5

Quite a silly episode. Plot wise, it connected three acts I never would have thought connectable (or even funny): Homer gains control of evil crows, Homer smokes some wacky tabacky for medicinal use but becomes addicted, and Mr. Burns dies and Homer and Smithers are forced to dance him around as if he's alive. But, in the end, it all tied together quite nicely, and was rather amusing. Lots of great gags, and not really any complaints.

I especially liked the simple gags where I expected something and got something else (that is the most basic definition of humor right there, folks, but you get what I mean), like when Moe pulled out the picture of the "Crow Bar", and Homer kept the pot around as a reminder. The show has been lacking stuff like that for a while. That's humor at it's best, in my opinion.

Great episode. Nice work.

I though it was better than last weeks episode, it had lots of oxymoronic jokes and I loved the pop-up video mokery-joke...

Ruler of the Underworld

Pretty funny episode and I loved the pop up video with CBG.
    3/5

The Boy Who Lived

I was slightly disappointed. All the stoned Homer scenes were hilarious and memorable. The third act was a bit abrupt and the crows hanging with Homer was just filler material. I wish they did have a debate for both sides of the argument. But behind all these things the episode was great! Not best episode of the season but nor the worse. I give it an 8.8/10! Jon Vitti rocks!

Also, the pop up video with the CBG was hilarious!

Marge: YES! Marge is in the house! Well...not right now but I will soon because it needs some cleaning!

Stonecutter

Great Episode but the end was a bit of a downer since it really wasn't going anywere. The slap thing was fine but a bit overused. overall I'd give it 3.5-4/5.

hahahaha, Phish's total time was approx. 1:45, ha I knew it.
    The episode had some really funny jokes (We have a kitchen!?) but the plot was sorta dumb and shouldn't have happened
    3/5

This episode was much better than I thought it was going to be, it was a pleasant surprise! 8/10
    And that's the end of that chapter.

what's an applebees Necromancer's Avatar

damn that episode sucked! it was good at the beginning, but started to go down hill fast when Phish came on..

i am the killer dressed in pilgrim's clothing.

The Boy Who Lived

hehe I change my review to an 8.5/10! 0.3 lower than my previous post.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Egads! Mr. Vitti, why have you forsaken me?

Ryan was right, this was like a bad Scully episode. Too zany, only one good act (the second) and a shitty ending. The only thing that kept this from F-dom was Homer wasn't as truly as annoying as he used to be.

Grade: D

Jake (I didn't inhale)
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Thumbs Down Not all that good

Had some okay parts, some bad parts, but not even remotely close to some of the other stuff from this season.

All-Time Rankings
    1: Bart Gets An Elephant, 2: Duffless, 3: Lisa The Vegetarian

I give it a 9 out of 10.

for the first time in so long, the episode felt long. the second act felt really long.

it ended a little quickly. I give it a 9/10. It wasn't that bad for not dealing with a serious topic too well. it was full of jokes but its plot wasn't good enough. they could have gotten rid of the otto scenes for it. i enjoyed it more than most episodes this year. My opinion may vary.
    I'm back.

One Of The Funniest of this season's!

SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!

Pin Pal

A tad disappointing as this episode didn't cover *any* of the arguments for or against Medical Marijuana. I was expecting an intelligent attempt at a plot that includes such arguments, with a Phish concert at the conclusion.

However, this episode was funny. Unlike last week's episode that was painfully pointless, this week's show had so many humorous moments. The first act was one of the best of this year. (5/5)

The second act would have been better if the writers eliminated one or two of the "Homer's High" scenes. That humor became tiring after a while. (4/5)

The third act was still funny, although it took a Scully-type slide. I expected them to focus more on Homer's "recovery", rather on Homer's promotion. The scene with Burns' dancing was sickening and degrading to the show. (2.5/5)

I give this one a 3.5/5 overall. That's some nice work, Mr. Jean.
    ***All Hail Al Jean, the Holy One***

Originally posted by 666EvilHomer666
    damn that episode sucked! it was good at the beginning, but started to go down hill fast when Phish came on..
    I don't see how Phish could have hurt the show too much. They were only on for 2 minutes and I thought they did a very good job. The pothead comment was very funny too.

I really like this episode, one of my favorites this season. Homer's rainbow trip was absolutely hilarious. My favorite line was Otto's "Why do they call them fingers? I never see them fling. . . oh, there they go." Plus Homer's "I could smoke in the president's face and he would be groovin..." line. CBG's pop-up-video commments were also a nice touch. And as I said above, I feel that Phish did a good job as well. They had several humorous lines and they certainly didn't take away from the plot (I feel they added). One complaint I have is the way the story ended so abruptly. I also feel Mr. Burn's drowning was forced and a little disturbing. Besides that, I loved. I may be alone on this, but I thought this was a terrific episode. It gets a 5/5 from me. :smoking:

Agree with evilhomer, started off good and went downhill as the episode progressed. The subplot was just wacky.

Big Springfield petition against pot....Ned's clipboard.

The Spring in Springfield

I gave it an 3/5 because I wanted to see some more plot behind the Mr. Burns thing. The ending was too wierd because you didn't know what happened to Homer's job. It would also have been better if the controversy of the marijuana came up more. All that happened was Flanders giving Homer the petition and the police burning the marijuana.

Thread Information