62 25.41%
  • 3/5

70 28.69%
  • 2/5

55 22.54%
  • WORST EPISODE EVER

43 17.62%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "Husbands and Knives" (JABF17)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate and Review "Husbands and Knives" (JABF17)

WATCH THE EPISODE ONLINE

In this episode, a new and snazzy comic book guy by the name of Milo (voiced by Jack Black) opens a comic book store of his own called Coolsville, directly rivaling Android's Dungeon. Coolsville and Milo with his laid back personality start to attract customers away from the Android's Dungeon and its war!

And Alan Moore.

Meanwhile Marge starts her own gym for middle aged women in order to get into shape, and Homer starts to get worried that she'll begin to take interest in fitter men as Marge's gym becomes more and more popular so he decides to take matters into his own hands.

Yes indeed, Jeff.

'The Infamous Collector'. Simpsons_Fanboy's Avatar
    "America- where any man can make quick money with no questions asked."

Who else just laughed-out-loud at the "Here It Goes Again" music video reference?

Worst. Signature. Ever.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The Big R

Junior Camper

So far its pretty good! Unfortunately they usually go wrong after the 1st act.

This episode is turning out to be brilliant so far!

Roger Waters Orthopedic Shoes Fat Psychopathic Wife's Avatar

WTF was that I just watched?!

that was ******* awesome. Wow, an awesome episode. I don't even care that they didn't wrap up the comic book storyline, that was hilarious.

Junior Camper

Wasn't too bad. 3/5 on my part.

The Comic Book Story Line died right after the first act. :|

Junior Camper

wow... that episode was freakin' amazing... Best of season 19, and possibly the best in a very long time, that episode could become a classic, I give it a 5/5... not one bad joke

Valar Morghulis Big McLargehuge's Avatar

While the Homer/Marge story wasn't bad, I was really hoping for more of the Comic Book Guy plot, as it was completely forgotten about after the first act. Hell, that should have been the main plot of the episode.

I'm so glad that the super-buff Homer from the previews was just a dream sequence. Great episode.

I loved the comic book stuff in the first act. Even if it didn't really go anywhere, it was hysterical.

Anyone know who wrote this?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAaronB
    WTF was that I just watched?!
    You must be the real-life variant of Comic Book Guy, cause I always see you posting negative reviews, geez.
    Last edited by Simpsons_Fanboy; 11-18-2007 at 05:45 PM.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm hearing comic book geeks will absolutely love some of the stuff in this and the CBG plot was really generally fun but the subplot "got in the way".

Forced marriage crisis sounds forced.

It's like swallowing Draino

I was going to write it up for being simply being dull, complete with uninspired jokes and another marriage, at first, but the terrible third act, complete with unfunny plastic surgery jokes, Homer's nipples crying, the comic book plot going unresolved, and the terrible deux ex machina-esque ending really killed it for me. It doesn't seem like the show is trying anymore.

1.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

Matt Selman, how could you!? I liked you! I liked you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie V. Scrivello
    I was going to write it up for being simply being dull, complete with uninspired jokes and another marriage, at first, but the terrible third act, complete with unfunny plastic surgery jokes, Homer's nipples crying, the comic book plot going unresolved, and the terrible deux ex machina-esque ending really killed it for me. It doesn't seem like the show is trying anymore.

1.5/5
    Yeah, quoted for truth.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

OMFG that was soooooooooooo much better than i expected thank god! The horrible surgery was just a dream I'll have to watch it again on fox.com before i give it a grade, i really wish they had rapped up the CBG story tho.

I'm hearing nonsense about Watchmen Babies, Imperciph's gonna love the ref. lol

Gotta admit, this episode was strange to behold,.. and thats a good thing!
    I liked seeing the famous comicbook writers, back in the day when they were actually at work. I hope they don't forget about Marges spa biz, might be a fun thing to look back in on occasionally. Tho I'm pretty sure it was just a one ep thing,..No biggie! 4/5

Junior Camper

great ep didnt like the homer plot and that the cbg story line wasnt solved but the jokes refrenses and the geust preformenses were all great 4 out of 5
    sorry i am bad at spelling

I'm just like Homer!
    I'm Homer, who are you? by NoHomers.net

the simpsons is as good as ever

I found the episode pretty impressive, with the "Here we go again" music video spoof, and the scene in which Homer begins to pack all of the Suite's accessories.

Only problems I had was the tears dripping down from Homer's nipples (a bit repulsing), and the fact that Comic Book Guy's plot was never resolved.

I give the episode a 4/5.

holy crap I usually like most episodes but this one sucked. I was happy that the whole plastic surgery thign was a dream, but it was just completely unfunny, and the more interesting plot was completely forgotten.

Yeah, I'm really suprized at the positive reaction this ones getting so far. I though it was the worst so far of the season. It had its good character elements, but much of the humor was pretty lowbrow - which I'm not a fan of. The whole fantasy Homer swequence was pretty awful, particularly the nipple gag.

I dunno maybe I'm being to nitpicky with this one, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the rest of the season.

C+

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

I remember thinking before this aired that, after hearing about nipples crying, of all things, if my favourite current writer, Matt Selman, had written this, if it could turn out possibly good. And... um... I'm not sure. Like, what the hell was that? I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. The main plot actually did develop kinda well, with Homer, who is impressionable, getting the fear of Marge leaving put into him from the other guys, and overreacting... so... he was actually pretty in-character, I think, and that was pretty good.

But what the hell happened with the CBG plot? And the ending was fucked up. The comic book artists being superhero-like at the end of the first act was cute and kinda funny, but the end, really? Ug. The CBG plot started out SO WELL, it's a shame to see it pushed aside for a much less interesting, and completely messed up story (even if it did develop reasonably well).

I don't know. I need to see it again, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Still, the lack of resolution is really going to be bugging me and I doubt I'd go higher than a 3/5 because of that. I'm thinking a C? It was... okay. Better than I was expecting, but not necessarily all that great.

Tonite on Rock Bottom

first off, I'm not a real big comic book fan, so many of the references went over my head. The Homer/Marge subplot had a few good laughs but the whole plastic surgery plot seemed un-simpsonslike. The whole dream sequence almost killed the episode. I'm giving it a 3/5 for the OK GO joke.

I found myself laughing unexpectingly hard at the woman throwing her baby away in place of a german clock on "Opal".

Or maybe it's just that a baby getting thrown in comic fashion just doesn't get old.
    My Music (feel free to send a friend request):

Scary Beast

"How about a big BLACK one?" LOL!!

4.5/5

Inbetween fan and freak panterafan06's Avatar

Despite a notably weak first act with few laughs, this was another solid season 19 episode 4/5
    I loved the "Opal" show, "How about a big black one", as well as the treadmill youtube reference.
    Last edited by panterafan06; 11-18-2007 at 05:47 PM.
    Top 20 Episodes
    20. Homer's Enemy 19. Homie the Clown 18.Trilogy of Error 17. Das Bus 16. RoseBud 15. Bart Sells His Soul14. Summer of 4'2 13. Marge vs. the Monorail 12. Cape Feare 11. Homer at the Bat 10. Mother Simpson 9. Treehouse of Horrer V 8. Homer the Heretic 7. Lisa's Substitute 6. Lisa the Vegetarian 5. Who Shot Mr. Burns? 4. Bart's Comet 3. Lemon of Troy 2. You Only Move Twice 1. Last Exit To Springfield
    Snubs: Duffless, Mountain of Madness, In Marge We Trust, Any Other season 3-9 episode.

4>7>8>6>5>3>2>9>19>15>10>1>13>14>16>12>17>11>18

That wasn't half-bad! From all the talk about the promo, I was expecting something horrible. Fortunately, the Homer plastic surgery part, turned out to be a dream...

I don't like that they left the CBG plot unresolved...but maybe we'll see Milo again in the future? I really enjoyed that subplot a whole lot more than the main plot, but sadly it died far too early.

This wasn't a terrible effort though....3.5/5

PS: Anybody notice that once again the characters said things during the opening, but it was different than last week?

By the end of the episode, I seriously thought "What the hell is this?" Only to discover Matt Selman wrote it. I guess everyone has a blemish on their record...this is more like a big-ass smudge.

Thread Information