Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1462

Thread: The Simpsons: The Complete Eleventh Season DVD Boxset

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

It Was the Blurst of Times clortho's Avatar

I heard the Krusty head is removable if taken off gently. It has that rubber glue that doesn't leave an adhesive.

ONE TWO THREE FOUR!! Rich Texan's Avatar

Hell no, you're right it probably is stuck on the standard box. But it definitely isn't designed to be removed.

I'm not so much concerned with preserving the krusty 3D head, that thing can go in the trash if i mess it up... the only reason i'm getting the Krusty head version is because the regular box is about 10 dollars more on amazon, and it now says ships in 1-3 weeks.... and I'm not going to wait that long, and i'm on campus w/o a car or any stores around to buy it at. So if it is removable, as long as i don't mess up the regular box, i'll be happy... if i mess up the Krusty head, i won't really care that much. I'll see later this week when i get it, amazon says i should have it by Friday.

It Was the Blurst of Times clortho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Texan View Post
    Hell no, you're right it probably is stuck on the standard box. But it definitely isn't designed to be removed.
    Oh no, absolutely. I was just saying it IS possible, if attempted.

I'm making my own custom boxes/art for this. I refuse to house the discs in this.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Forgot this was coming out today, went and picked it up at Target

quick run through the booklet shows no Swartzwelder on commentary, just like i thought

I am pissed off now, and I mean really pissed. I watched disc 1 yesterday no problem. I decided to put in disc 2 today and it won't play! So I had a look at it and there was a piece of glue from the packaging stuck to the read-side of the disc. I carefully removed it with tissue but there is still a mark there and the disc doesn't play. I have tried all the other discs and they are fine. What really pisses me off is if they hadn't decided to choose this stupid cardboard slit packaging method then the glue would never have been on there. If only they had used plastic trays like before it would have been fine. Now I have to take it back and get an exchange all because of their lousy packaging design. Those fucking retards that took over a year to put this set together and this is the best they could do...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    I just picked up the Krusty Head dvd and it's just the regular box with the plastic Krusty head glued on the front cover (which can be removed if your careful).
    So does this mean that if you get the limited edition packaging, the actual Krusty head can be removed and behind it is the regular artwork with Krusty in a tux? Because seriously, Amazon is selling the regular for $15 more than the head box! They jacked it up overnight! Not cool.

Looks like I won't be getting this for a while...

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

KTAAR commentary. They're addressing the backlash sort of vaguely, asking "can't we have a super-wacky episode once in a while?"
    The Saddlesore Galactica commentary is quite amusing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    The booklet lists the extra "And Then There Were Menus" being on disk four but unless its an easter egg I coudn't find it
    Yes, it's an easter egg!
    If you press up on the main menu of disc 4 you will highlight a question mark in the orange booth. Press enter and you get to watch a bit of the Simpsons Ride!! It's only the first minute or so, I've been on the real ride and it goes on much longer.

I'm not sure why it's called "And Then There Were Menus", but I went through every Title on the DVD on my computer and that's the only "secret" one.
    Last edited by Disgruntled Goat; 10-07-2008 at 03:19 PM.

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

And here are the main menus. The animations all follow this weird bowling theme where a bowling ball flies in from off-screen and causes havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Uncle Skeleton View Post
    Yes, it's an easter egg!
    If you press up on the main menu of disc 4 you will highlight a question mark in the orange booth. Press enter and you get to watch a bit of the Simpsons Ride!! It's only the first minute or so, I've been on the real ride and it goes on much longer.

I'm not sure why it's called "And Then There Were Menus", but I went through every Title on the DVD on my computer and that's the only "secret" one.
    I found it, its in the Art and Animation bonus menu.
    Last edited by Pedro Sanchez; 10-07-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Are the discs attached?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WBadger42 View Post
    Are the discs attached?
    I don't know what you mean by attatched, but the inside of the box opens up, and there are a bunch of pockets that the DVDs slide into. It's a stupid design choice, and I don't see a single reason why they made the choice over the plastic trays. However, I've watched the first two episodes, and they worked fine. As long as all of the episodes work, I'm happy.
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

this is slightly O/T but....

I just looked over at my Simpsons desk calendar and realized that today (October 7th) has a Krusty picture on it lol.... ironic that the Krusty themed DVD came out on the day where Krusty is on the calendar.

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

Well, I got the plain flat Krusty set. And I gotta tell ya, I don't like how the thing is packaged with the cardboard pockets. My brother collected the Buffy series and all seasons of that except Season 1 has the cardboard pockets making it really hard to get the discs out, I'm personally looking into seeing if I can find somewhere where I can design and produce a version for myself that uses the plastic trays. Heck, I'll even redraw the artwork on the set in Flash so that it keeps it's The Simpsons Ride theme.

As for easter eggs, if you hover your cursor (if using a computer) or press up on your remote, on some episodes, you'll highlight the Crystal Ball in which case you'll get some deleted scenes. One episode off the top of my head is Bart to the Future which has the cut "Space Maggie" clip.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Grin

Just picked up the standard box from Target! They had three standards left and were sold out of the heads. I've forgotten how much I enjoy these episodes, I LOL'd at moments that once made me cringe. I think I've lightened up with age.
    Anyway, I respect most of the design changes on the box. I'm glad they've dropped "Complete" considering that is a given nowadays (I'd doubt the Simpsons would ever have rights issues as they're smart with the contracts guest stars have to sign). I also am glad they've dropped "DVD collectors Edition" on the cover as there really aren't any other versions, and the Head boxes are really considered the "collectible" now. My only complaint is, as many have mentioned, the sleeves stink. They really COULD work, such as adding a tab so we'd have something to grip. Or have the discs in a slot like the Futurama movies. Despite this, I'm glad its not so much of a hassle to get to the discs, and I love the Krusty theme.

set design: A-
    extras: A
    season: B+
    overall product: A-
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 10-07-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    UP AND ATOM!

The "Northern Kentucky Family" deleted scenes were hilarious! Did I even select "Deleted Scenes"??

Consulted the booklet, I guess "?" is a new "Did you know?" feature. Exclusive only to that moment of the episode.

"... this family from the small island of Lanai"
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 10-07-2008 at 05:46 PM.

I was angry with the box (not the limited edition). Each disc has to be pulled out from thin slits, which seems like the disc could be scratched easily every time you pull it out...

anyone agree?

I think everyone agrees on the way the discs are held. A moron would probably freak out thinking their box had no discs, thankfully I'm am not an moron.

I thought the earlier post of writing to Fox was a bit much, but having seen the box I may send a short email asking for tabs or slots for the discs rather than the mystery sleeves.

Do the sleeves foldout?

Go back a couple pages and look at the pics.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

ok, ok nevermind. I just saw on Amazon.

Anyone who says the krusty head won't come off the box clearly has no idea what he/she is talking about. It's held onto the box by a couple lines of that sticky/gummy glue like stuff....you can peel off the plastic head right off and stick it right back on if you wish (I've done this multiple times). If you peel the head off, you have the "standard" box edition because it's the same standard box artwork right underneath the plastic head....so there really is no difference in buying a standard box or limited edition box....only difference is one has a plastic head you can stick onto the front if you want, or take off if you want. Hope that makes sense.

This is the stupidest packaging I've ever seen. And the DVDs are stuffed inside some cardboard sleeves, which makes em extremely hard to pull out....what happened to putting the discs on the plastic connector??? Once again, it's just dumb.

Hope that answered some questions.

I don't know why they would stop using the plastic connectors like they have for the past 10 season DVds.

SMF Lead Customiser Solid Snake's Avatar

For those interested, here's a list of episodes that have easter egg deleted scenes, to access them you have to click the items listed in the top panel:

Beyond Blunderdome (2) Crystal Ball and Notepad
    Hello Gudder, Hello Fadder (1) Crystal Ball
    Eight Misbehavin' (1) Crystal Ball
    Take My Wife Sleaze (1) Crystal Ball
    Little Big Mom (2) Crystal Ball and Notepad
    Faith Off (1) Crystal Ball
    The Mansion Family (2) Crystal Ball and Notepad
    Sadlesore Galactica (1) Crystal Ball
    Alone Again Natura-Diddily (2) Crystal Ball and Notepad
    Bart to the Future (1) Crystal Ball
    Days of Wine and D'ohses (1) Crystal Ball
    Kill the Alligator and Run (1) Crystal Ball, though it's actually A Promo Card.
    Last Tap Dance in Springfield (1) Crystal Ball
    Behind the Laughter (2) Crystal Ball and Notepad

I don't even have the set yet, and i can already tell i'm not going to like the design from the pictures I've seen.... the artwork is brilliant, but the package design is horrendous.... i would have preferred that they put two discs in a slim case, with 2 slim cases in the box. and for what it's worth, the Krusty head just looks ridiculous, i was never a fan of the heads, but if Fox wanted to please those who did, they failed. If they wanted it to be 3D, it shouldn't have stuck out more than like half an inch.

Quite frankly I'd be embarrassed to buy the "limited edition". It just looks lame.

Quote Originally Posted by bentwookie87 View Post
    I'm not so much concerned with preserving the krusty 3D head, that thing can go in the trash if i mess it up... the only reason i'm getting the Krusty head version is because the regular box is about 10 dollars more on amazon, and it now says ships in 1-3 weeks.... and I'm not going to wait that long, and i'm on campus w/o a car or any stores around to buy it at.
    I'm also on campus (not necessarily the same as yours), without a car, and no stores around. I actually go to school in the middle of nowhere! So I won't be getting this for a while...

I know everyone else has already said this, but the packaging is so bad I'll say it again...

Who in the heck came up with such a retarded packaging idea? This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

I just saw in-depth pictures of the Krusty head on Amazon, it's removable, with the standard box beneath it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=0

I guess I'll buy it (the limited edition packaging) online then, seeing that costs less than the standard, when it actually IS the standard box! WITH A COLLECTABLE, REMOVABLE HEAD allowing me to line it up alongside my other season sets!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chompthelobster View Post
    Anyone who says the krusty head won't come off the box clearly has no idea what he/she is talking about. It's held onto the box by a couple lines of that sticky/gummy glue like stuff....you can peel off the plastic head right off and stick it right back on if you wish (I've done this multiple times). If you peel the head off, you have the "standard" box edition because it's the same standard box artwork right underneath the plastic head....so there really is no difference in buying a standard box or limited edition box....only difference is one has a plastic head you can stick onto the front if you want, or take off if you want. Hope that makes sense.

This is the stupidest packaging I've ever seen. And the DVDs are stuffed inside some cardboard sleeves, which makes em extremely hard to pull out....what happened to putting the discs on the plastic connector??? Once again, it's just dumb.

Hope that answered some questions.

Thank you sooo much, you defenitly answered the questions I had and was going to ask...lol thanks again soooo much! Now I don't care if my Wal-Mart has the Standard or Limited Edition box, I'm going to buy which ever one they are selling.

Thread Information