Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: The Complete Eleventh Season DVD Boxset

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

the original Sex Pistol

They all look like shit if you ask me. I'll get the regular box.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Executive View Post
    They all look like shit if you ask me. I'll get the regular box.
    By the looks of it, it is the regular box, merely with a removable cardboard head on the front of the package.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I'd hate to turn this discussion into a "Bigfoot in a Freezer" photo analysis, but...

But take a look at the upper left hand corner of the Krusty head cover in the ebay photo. The corner is rounded, not wrapping around the edge as if it were a slipcover over the standard box, but rather looks like a sheet adhered to the box itself. The plastic with the words The Eleventh Season slides off, but after that its a usual standard box with a Krusty head glued to the front. No welcoming Krusty in a tux underneath. Think of it as a mashup of the head box and standard box.
    UP AND ATOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I'd hate to turn this discussion into a "Bigfoot in a Freezer" photo analysis, but...

But take a look at the upper left hand corner of the Krusty head cover in the ebay photo. The corner is rounded, not wrapping around the edge as if it were a slipcover over the standard box, but rather looks like a sheet adhered to the box itself. The plastic with the words The Eleventh Season slides off, but after that its a usual standard box with a Krusty head glued to the front. No welcoming Krusty in a tux underneath. Think of it as a mashup of the head box and standard box.
    Which is exactly what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan
    ...merely with a removable cardboard head on the front of the package.

I found another picture on another ebay listing.... yeah it definitely looks like a cardboard removable front.... because you can see the dark blue box underneath in this picture....

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-SIMPSONS-Ele...ayphotohosting

Wow! This really IS like the Bigfoot in a Freezer. Hopefully we'll know what the real thing is when the press conference, I mean release date, hits. I'd be surprised if the standard art is right behind the plastic head. If you're buying a "Collector's Edition" at the same price as the standard, why would you essentially also receive the standard? I've seen more of those heads left on racks than I have the standard boxes.

Edit: Nutty, guess I'm wrong, you can see a bit of the standard box starburst art behind the plastic head. But really, whats the point of getting the head when i'd just remove it, stick it in the closet and place the standard box on a shelf. Waste of precious season 12+ space.

Junior Camper

Yeah, I've ordered the standard edition, I didn't buy the season 6-10 heads because they were pointless, and the same with this one. If they want to do a special edition make it a metal tin and put more extra features on it or something rather than following a head theme. There is a fatal flaw in a companies plan when they release a special edition that's WORSE than the std edition.

Are there any online retailers where you can order the Standard edition?

I'd have loved if the heads followed the straight forward facing look, but the way they turned out is a little scatter shot. A blue marge, Maggie to the side with her full face, 3/4 of Lisa to the side and then Bart facing forward.

Now we have a Krusty head, but its really just a piece of embossed plastic over the normal DVD box. Not to mention, the six of these would take up almost twice the shelf space.

Hence why I ditched the head boxes after Season 8 and got Season 6 in the standard box also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Hence why I ditched the head boxes after Season 8 and got Season 6 in the standard box also.
    The season 6 standard box (mail-away version) was the simplest, most effective and easily accessible of all of Simpsons DVD cases. It's a shame they didn't continue with that design. Pull/tip the box, the disc holder slides out, open it up and you're ready to watch! It takes forever for me to get to disc 4 of any season 1-5 box, and 6-10 aren't a snap either.

Banned

I might buy seasons 6-9 or 6-10 on standard dvd box set and i might think again before i buy season 11 it was a pretty much a bad season with crappy episodes but still i will get it later on dvd.

Cool

^ Woh, all that in one sentence.

I disagree that Season 11 sucks, there are more than a enough good to great episodes to balance out the bad. Yes we get "Saddlesore Galactica" and "Kill the Alligator and Run", two of the earliest awful episodes, but look at all the good we get:

Beyond Blunderdome - The dog with the shifty eyes made this one a classic post-classic era to me. Plus, wasn't South Park five years late in THEIR wacky Mel Gibson episode?

Treehouse of Horror X - The Collector! Wizard did it!

E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt) - Homer's old home returns! Tomacco (wacky at the time, but has since become a popular happening in the Simpsons mythos)!

Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder - A very sweet Homer/Maggie ending to a wacky (but good wacky) episode.

Eight Misbehavin' - A big change for the character of Apu.

Grift of the Magi - An excellent Christmas special, I love Springfield covered in snow.

Faith Off - One of the last great music moments of the show, IMO.

Alone Again, Natura-Diddily - Controversial change for the character of Ned Flanders, can't wait for the commentary.

Pygmoelian - A (brief) big change for Moe, always loved this one.

Last Tap Dance in Springfield - A rare wacky LISA episode, Frink gets more screen time!

Behind the Laughter - A great breaking the fourth wall episode that plays off of the real Simpsons. Simpsons Christmas Boogie is a wonderfully awful tune.

You gotta admit, these look classy lined up!
    Notice they dropped "DVD Collector's Edition", makes sense as the Head box is considered the special collector's edition. Also it makes sense to drop "Complete" from the title as it should be assumed the season is complete. Also, the written numbers will begin to have more words, "The Complete Eighteenth Season" would just look cramped.

Here's hoping for Burns, Apu & Moe covers!

Edit:
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 10-02-2008 at 05:54 AM.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

That apu looks good
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

Can I Borrow a Feeling? theinfamouselbarto's Avatar

Hey Captain Squid, how'd you make that sweet apu box?

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by theinfamouselbarto View Post
    Hey Captain Squid, how'd you make that sweet apu box?
    Google image searched "green starburst" and found an Apu image, then made the krusty box green in photoshop and layered them all together.

LOL I actually imagined the apu box to have that holographic shine like the Hindu posters you find in Indian buffets. No offense, but thats the only place I've ever seen them.
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 10-03-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Junior Camper

Just got my copy of the standard edition delivered, and I took the time to take some photos/make some scans . Click on the thumbnails to go to a big version (sorry for the big post).

The front of the case is holographic although you can't see it from the scan.

Case:

Booklet:

Discs:

Photos:

Blog Entries

Whoa, massive post. Thanks for that. That set looks awesome! I can't wait to get it. Still have to wait a month here

It looks good with the rest of the seasons also which is sweet.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Niiiice. That looks really good, thanks for showing us!

Blog Entries

Although, it seems it's a little bit thinner than previous seasons? Though, that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me...

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nah, I noticed that as well. I'll be getting the head box to match my others though, so it shouldn't be a problem there.

But the inside of that standard box looks awesome...

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Although, it seems it's a little bit thinner than previous seasons?
    Yeah, when I got the package it felt a little thin, it was quite a surprise when I actually saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    Yeah, when I got the package it felt a little thin, it was quite a surprise when I actually saw it.
    Thats what she said!

Very nice design on the box. Consistent with the seasons episodes and TONS of new art! Awesome. You can tell they're tying this into the Simpsons Ride. I had thought it was a Kursy show theme, but its Krustyland. That region 2 design isn't too consistant on the spines! I forgot how many certificates they have to display. Yowza! Thanks for the scans!

Nice inside artwork, fits the season very well. I'm not quite sure why now they're using a white Fox logo on the spine as the first 10 seasons weren't. I'm aware that they're white in America, but here they haven't been so I'm not too happy with the consitancy being changed...
    Last edited by Otis P Jivefunk; 10-04-2008 at 07:48 AM.
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Can anybody confirm that the Krusty Head box is simply the standard box with a removable sleeve and Krusty head (preserving the Krusty in a suit starburst art)?

If so, even a standard box man like myself wouldn't mind having the Krusty head (even if its removed and stored in the closet)

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Otis P Jivefunk View Post
    Nice inside artwork, fits the season very well. I'm not quite sure why now they're using a white Fox logo on the spine as the first 10 seasons weren't. I'm aware that they're white in America, but here they haven't been so I'm not too happy with the consitancy being changed...
    Yeah, I don't like the consistency being broken either but then again Fox are stupid, for example changing show timeslots like they did in Season 2, and the constant moves that lowered the ratings for Futurama, and then FOX used that as an excuse to axe it.

The only other thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that the discs just slide into pockets, and to get them out it's a bit awkward and I can see them getting scratched/damaged quite easily.
    Last edited by Bento; 10-04-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Can anybody confirm that the Krusty Head box is simply the standard box with a removable sleeve and Krusty head (preserving the Krusty in a suit starburst art)?

If so, even a standard box man like myself wouldn't mind having the Krusty head (even if its removed and stored in the closet)
    I sure hope so... none of the online retailers in the US have two boxes listed, only the Krusty one, so that's my only option. It appears to be that way though.... at least it looks like a removable sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the consistency being broken either but then again Fox are stupid, for example changing show timeslots like they did in Season 2, and the constant moves that lowered the ratings for Futurama, and then FOX used that as an excuse to axe it.

The only other thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that the discs just slide into pockets, and to get them out it's a bit awkward and I can see them getting scratched/damaged quite easily.
    Yeah that is kinda annoying about the disks. I guess that's how they managed to make it thinner by taking out the plastic trays. It's a bit cheap if you ask me, they'll charge the same even without the plastic trays...

Junior Camper

New news post at TVShowsonDVD.com

Quote Originally Posted by TVShowsonDVD.com
    As you know, this coming Tuesday, October 7th see the DVD release of The Simpsons - The Complete 11th Season. The package art shown off so far for this release has exclusively been the "Limited Edition Krusty Head" version, which a number of fans frankly aren't interested in: they prefer to get the "regular" packaging that will fit on their shelves better, and look more appropriate next to the first five season sets (which didn't have any special "head" package versions available).

Now, at the last minute before the release, we've confirmed that Fox IS offering a regular package this Tuesday. The contents of both versions will be identical, but the outer box will be the "non-head" picture cover that we show you below. And retailers such as Amazon are making separate listings available for the regular and Limited Edition package types, so be sure that your pre-order is for the version you prefer!

Thread Information