Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: The Complete Eleventh Season DVD Boxset

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

...?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhobo View Post
    If all of the standard boxes had looked like this one, it would have been awesome. The head boxes look pretty, but are a pain in the arse from a practical point of view. The standard boxes are practical, but don't look that great.

If they all looked like this, I'd probably have them face out on the shelf.
    I agree. And it looks better than the other box.
    And Sideshow Bob and Mel on the spine

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Wow, a head box that I actually like! I agree with a previous post in that I wish ALL the head boxes were like this. Love the spine, though I wonder if it will be a black spine or blue like the background on the front. Ah, tedious speculation...

I'm hoping there is a standard box to come that ISN'T the "Homer 11", perhaps Krusty up front with Mr. Teeny, Corporal Punishment, Mel, Tina Ballerina, Itchy & Scratchy in the back. This could carry through with the next boxes such as Apu at the Kwik-E-Mart with Sanjay, Menjula and the babies; Moe with the usual patrons; Skinner with the school staff; Wiggum and Lou, Eddie & Ralph... the possibilities are endless!
    UP AND ATOM!

laughing time is ovah! Henrik P's Avatar

I don't really like the color of the background to be honest, but otherwise it looks kind of nice. I think I'll go with the standard box though.

Not an Al Jean butt-kisser TerrorK's Avatar

It probably means nothing, but I can't help but notice that the spine says "The Eleventh Season" while all the previous sets have said "The Complete Nth Season" on them.

Not that I really care since I'd only be owning this if it were either a gift or $5 or less, but does that mean it's possibly incomplete?
    - Kenneth White

"Even if The Simpsons is better than 95% of everything else on TV, that doesn't automatically make it good."

nice package art, but I'm not sure I like the way the edges are straightened and a background added at the top so it looks more like a box with a head on it than just the head. I guess it's sort of necessary for the shape of krusty's skull with the hair, but it just looks off from the rest of the head boxes.

So, is the "regular homer 11th season set" not real? Or is this Krusty head not real?

Sarcasm: the nerds' "sex" TheSuperiorGerbil's Avatar

I'll go with the head box again, for shure.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by sconer View Post
    So, is the "regular homer 11th season set" not real? Or is this Krusty head not real?
    Well the Krusty head image is from TVShowsOnDVD and they said they got it from FOX, so we can be sure that's true.

The standard edition image came from an Australian store, and like TVShowsOnDVD said, It's best to wait for official confirmation of the standard artwork from FOX.

I just had a thought!! Maybe this image we're seeing IS a normal bulky head box, just crappily mocked up to look like a standard box. Here are a few signs:

(1) the blue background is a pretty standard color in package design for a representation of clear plastic.

(2) the black side fits with the other clear plastic slip cover black spines we've seen in 6-10

(3) This is considered a collector's edition, so there has to be a standard edition. The "Homer 11" we've seen is a overseas mock-up, so I expect we'll see a true Krusty package with original art and a new shiny package color (c'mon green!) sometime soon. (Previous releases took longer for the standard art after the head image was released)

Btw, TheSuperiorGerbil, i have to compliment you on your Tairy Greene as the Snuggler image. Great Job!
    a gift:
    http://timandericfiles.doneconsultin...JKpromo_v1.mov

Why is Sideshow Bob on the side of the Krusty head? He wasn't even in Season 11!...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Otis P Jivefunk View Post
    Why is Sideshow Bob on the side of the Krusty head? He wasn't even in Season 11!...
    Sometimes the art department doesn't put a lot of thought into the subject of the box art. The season 9 dvd art is spot on, filled with character references of that season. But the season 4 art has nothing to do with the season, Apu's children are shown and yet don't appear until season 11!

I don't think i'll be eating for weeks...

Water on that Damn Shit! Ezekiel 25:17's Avatar

Now available to preorder from Amazon.com (October 11th)

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._email_title_1
    For christ's sake, just wank. Everyone wanks.
    Your dad wanks. Your grandad wanks. The priests wank. I bet the pope has a good tug on his todger once in a while.

bob and mel are both krusty related characters. it sort of makes sense.

also, extras.

Junior Camper

Wow this time Matt only shows up for 1 commentary and it's on the worst of the bunch. Maybe he just came to explain how that monstrosity got on the air.

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grissom View Post
    also, extras.

So Matt Groening is doing one episode and that episode is Saddlesore Galactica? Whoa.

That list may not be complete, as someone listed as "Male" is on there a lot. Perhaps it's him.

Tougher! Rougher! Badder! I Love Lisa's Avatar

That list is confusing. Who in the hell is male/female/group? Matt Greoning just on the one as well? That's a bit dissapointing. The most interesting thing there is "Hohn Swartwelder" on Kill The Alligator And Run, although it'll probably just end up being something similar to his appearence on The Cartridge Family's commentary.

As for the art, I really like it, I'm not to sure about the bumpy bits, but other than that it looks really quite nice. It's good to see the little heads on the spine as well. Gives me hope that the "standard box" is a fake and we'll get something else, if not I'll probably get the limited one.

Junior Camper

Interesting, it'll be cool to hear John if it's another cameo like on season 9. Although if John Swartzwelder really does show up for the commentary for the first time ever its kinda dissapointing that KTAAR is the episode he chose to talk about.

Between "Hohn Swartzwelder", "Barney Gumbres", the absence of Matt Groening, and the excessive appearances of "Male", I'm thinking this list isn't as complete as the article claims and was rushed out the door to coincide with the box info. And why is Matt Selman on every commentary? Was he a co-executive producer for Season 11 or something?

EDIT: I think I just answered two of my own questions - maybe "Matt Selman" is supposed to be "Matt Groening". It does fit in with the overall sloppiness of this information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips
    Fuck typos Im drunhk.
    My DeviantArt.

We're out of time.

The box art is very nice.

It's odd that Jim Reardon is only doing a single commentary, even though he was a supervising director back then. He should have recorded a few more episodes. I'm guessing these were recorded while Wall-E was still in production.

At least we get several commentaries with Tim Long participating, compensating for his absence on season 10. As usual, Matt Selman and Ron Hauge are everywhere to be found. And I was surprised to see Diedrich Bader's name on the list. He appeared on Swartzwelder's episode, which presumably will have him as well.

As for the bizarre name listings such as "male" and "group", I can only assume Fox's distribution channels messed up their e-mail to TVShowsonDVD. They did it back in season 10 as well, repeating names on a single episode commentary and misspeling writer Marc Wilmore's name.

Stonecutter

The krusty box might be the first simpsons head dvd I'll get. I'm really hoping for a good Swartzwelder appearance. Matt Groening will probably be on more than one commentary. I'll buy it for sure to add another season to my simpsons collection.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

At first I thought male = Matt Groening...but there's also female and group...? I'm guessing they're anonymous family members or something. The commentaries look decent...Matt's absence is a little disappointing but he doesn't contribute much to most commentaries anyway.
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

I don't think that list of extras is complete. Perhaps Matt Groening is listed as "male," and other people might make appearances on the commentaries. It's nice to see Tim Long and Carolyn Omine on the list of participants though.

Also, that Krusty box ... is not a head, but an acutal box!!! I like the idea of Sideshow Mel and Sideshow Bob on the spine. I'm actually considering buying the limited edition box, especially if the standard one happens to be that "Homer 11" box we saw.

So? They're obviously trying to keep it clown/entertainment themed, and he was Krusty's sidekick...
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

...?

Commentary on Kill the Alligator and Run features a guy named Hohn Swartzwelder.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Johannson View Post
    Commentary on Kill the Alligator and Run features a guy named Hohn Swartzwelder.
    theres not really much point in repeating what someone else said.
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

...?

Huh. I didn't notice sorry.
    Anyway, it has me interested to hear the KTAAR commentary at least.
    Disappointing with the apparent lack of Matt Groening and voice actors (Dan is on 3, Yeardley on 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Xt'Tapalatakettle View Post
    So Matt Groening is doing one episode and that episode is Saddlesore Galactica? Whoa.

That list may not be complete, as someone listed as "Male" is on there a lot. Perhaps it's him.
    Doubt it, considering both Groening and "Male" are listed for Saddlesore.

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually really like the look of the Krusty head box. Hopefully it doesn't change too much.

I was a bit surprised about the extras when I saw them, normally there are about 4 or 5 on the last disc. I was also expecting Hank Azaria to be in the Pygmoelian commentary (Pygmoelian is an episode I am really looking forward to have), and also someone I know shares the same name as Tom Martin, who does commentary on one of the episodes, I don't think I've heard him on S10. I will look forward to the deleted scenes as usual, and I always like hearing the little thing Matt does on the first disc, and also Season 11 has many episodes which I love! Roll on October 6th!

Thread Information