View Poll Results: How would you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

55 21.15%
  • 4/5

105 40.38%
  • 3/5

54 20.77%
  • 2/5

30 11.54%
  • 1/5

16 6.15%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review Marge Gamer (JABF10)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Rate/Review Marge Gamer (JABF10)

(Apr. 22nd) JABF10 - Marge Gamer
    Marge becomes a spectacle during a PTA meeting for not having an e-mail address, and she decides to take a chance on using the Internet. Amazed and delighted by all the Internet has to offer, Marge joins a popular role-playing fantasy game called “Earthland Realms.” To Marge’s dismay, the game has her interacting with practically the whole town of Springfield including Bart, who happens to be the game’s most feared and destructive player. Meanwhile, Homer saves Lisa’s soccer game from cancellation after he volunteers to take the place of a referee who recently quit. However, Homer’s refereeing skills only exasperate Lisa, and her competitive streak gets the best of her.

Banned

Thought it was pretty damn funny.

4/5

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yay! Best episode in a long time! Probably the funniest episode of the Jean era, Imo, and I'm not into computer gaming.

Best lines: "Another Family Broken up by Ronaldo!" and "It was a fun game until you mommed all over it!".

I give thee a 5 outta 5 and I'd say it's the best episode since Season 9.

BTW, they should've had Bart/Dark Night, after he had his intestines ripped out, say: "It's only a flesh wound!".

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think the general consensus will be "better than expected." Very enjoyable, some parts were rushed, but overall 4.5/5, rounded up to a 5/5. I play WOW, so seeing the gaming aspects were really funny.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

Enjoyable episode, but Ronaldo was a terrible guest star, IMO (not funny, not necessary, not even passable at delivering his lines).

I liked the reference to Canal +.
    Signature.

Raggin' On Your Cord

Another awful episode and a rip off of South Park. It's pathetic that no one who works at The Simpsons even cares about the show anymore.

1/5

Junior Camper

I liked it too. I have never played one of those online games, but I still found that story funny. The Lisa and Homer Soccer story was cute too. Some nice jokes. Good show!
    Season 18 Score Card (so far):

The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer: A-
    Jazzy and the Pussycats: B-
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em...: A-
    Treehouse of Horror XVII: B-
    G.I. (Annoyed Grunt): C+
    Moe'N'a Lisa: A
    Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair): A
    The Haw-Hawed Couple: A
    Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2: C+
    The Wife Aquatic: A
    Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times: B+
    Little Big Girl: A
    Springfield Up: A
    Yokel Cords: B+
    Rome-old and Juli-eh: A-
    Homerazzi: A+
    Marge Gamer: B
    The Boys of Bummer: B-
    Crook and Ladder: B
    Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot: B
    24 Minutes: A
    You Kent Always Say What You Want: B-

I'm a modern man

The Ronaldo stuff was just so random, it couldn't not be funny. I laughed so hard when he read that line "Too well."
    Check out Steve's NHL Message Boards, featuring the most complete stat sheet you'll find anywhere!!
    http://stevedude530.proboards61.com

Season Rankings: 4, 3, 8, 5, 7, 2, 6, 15, 1, 15, 9, 14, 13, 10, 12, 11

"On the next Arrested Development ... Buster learns of the death of Captain Kangaroo"

Pretty good. The brief return of Jessica Lovejoy was nice but really what the heck was with Ronaldo?

Quote Originally Posted by moeistheirleader
    Another awful episode and a rip off of South Park.
    There were similarities but we all know it takes months to make an episode whereas it takes weeks to make a South Park episode so we can't really tell which one came first.

Another awful episode and a rip off of South Park. It's pathetic that no one who works at The Simpsons even cares about the show anymore.

1/5
    If you wanna be realistic, this episode was in production before that SP episode was. SP just aired first. Not to mention it's not a ripoff of South Park because this, SP, and the American Dad episode "Dungeons and Wagons" are all satires on computer gaming, most notably Warcraft and Everquest. If you just didn't find it a funny episode, that's a fine reason to dislike it though. :silly:

Banned

I refuse to believe that was a serious comment.

Now back to the discussion of the episode..

The Freeze Frame "Let us fail your kids together" was pretty good. Best one in a while.

Approves this Message The Space Pope's Avatar

1/5
    Considering that it takes 6 months to complete an episode, then yep it's a damn shame they bit off of South Park again.

Anyways, Ronoldo was a curious guest star, although not necessary, was funny. Better than expected. I liked the Moe being replaced joke. Overall a lot of good stuff going on there. Although the WoW thing has been parodied before, it served as an excellent vehicle for the Bart and Marge story, one of the best in a long while. Awesome religious jokes as well. I know it's not good taste, but the Virgin Mary at the Soccer riot was funny as well as Helen's save our marriage and you're so blind jesus couldn't cure you were also entertaining. Overall a 4 out of 5.
    Crocodylus Pontifex

Actually, South Park episodes are produced quickly then aired. Simpsons episodes take at least 6 months to produce. So this episode was most likely written before South Park's World of Warcraft episode, sometime last summer. So this was obviously not a rip-off of South Park.

I actually enjoyed this episode, gave it a 5/5 although it wasn't totally perfect. Well worth the wait. Just as great as South Park's "Make Love, Not Warcraft." I'm now looking forward to "The Boys of Bummer" next week.

Did anyone notice we had uninterruped credits on Fox with just the standard theme? Very odd...

Realy, you guys liked it? I hated it, it was an okay concept, but it was just...eh...bad. It dosn't feel like the simpsons anymore. It has the characters, the voices but somthing just dosn't feel right. I realy didn't like this one.
    2/5

Edit: I also want to mention marge's voice. Does it seem WAY different then it used to be? Kinda higher ptched or somthing. Its alot more annoying then it used to be

JustSimpsons Staff Landshark678's Avatar

ROFL!!

I was laughing a few times throughout the ep. Ronaldo stuff was not great...but still the ep as a whole was great! Nice to see the show start using google, tackle online gaming, and a decent soccer ep. I'm not into computer gaming at all, but I still found it quite enjoyable overall. Plots were great and I was able to really get into this ep!

5/5
    www.JustSimpsons.com
    I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by NoHomers.net
    I am president of SNUH - Students for the Non-Ignorance and the Understanding of Hilarity (A Simpsons Fan Club) Check out my Simpsons collection at www.littlepoopmachine.com

Junior Camper

So something weird was going on......during the episode there was a lady's voice describing the scene. *Willy's rear end shows* *The clipboards get closer to marge* WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!!?!?

-Jim

This is all I have in life son of a wiggum's Avatar
    The useless piece of land between New York and Los Angeles called America

This episode was great. The PTA meeting was hilarious with all the cuts, especially the trip to Italy turning into Papa Johns.

The gaming story was terrific. I expected Bart to kill MArge, but I expected it to be out of frustration at her meddling. I loved how everybody thought Moe was a troll. I loved Moe's closing line about paying $14.95 a month.

The great story was backed by an amazing side stories, one of the best I've ever seen. They finally managed to depict Lisa as human, not as some divine moral conscience. It was nice to actually see a story where Homer was right and Lisa was wrong. I did agree that Ronaldo's appearance was pointless, though I did enjoy Brandene referring to him as "Hidalgo."

P.S. Why didn't Marge help Bart while he was being attacked? Surely it would have been fair after what Bart did.

The Soccer riot video was funny with the Virgin Mary though that seemed to run on a little. Moe being replaced was one of the funniest parts of the episode. I've been waiting for them to call back Jessica Lovejoy. Krusty as a coach was awesome, but he needed more than just that one scene. His daughter also needed more than a spot standing in the background.
    Last edited by son of a wiggum; 04-22-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2386
    So something weird was going on......during the episode there was a lady's voice describing the scene. *Willy's rear end shows* *The clipboards get closer to marge* WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!!?!?

-Jim
    Your TV was set on SAP, instead of Stereo (or Mono).
    Dyslexia, Duffman's secret shame!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2386

-Jim
    The audio on your TV was changed to the Descriptive Audio setting or whatever its called. It's for the visually impaired. :silly:

Quote Originally Posted by E.A.R.L
    I also want to mention marge's voice. Does it seem WAY different then it used to be?
    Are you just noticing this now?

Junior Camper

Excellent episode!

I have never played any of those MMORPG games like WoW, but I recognize the stuff they were parodying and it was quite funny.
    I had misgivings about Marge being on the internet and an online gamer, but it was done quite well.

The Lisa/Homer story was done well too.
    My only criticism is with guest star, Ronaldo. I have no idea who that is (I only assume he is some famous soccer player). I felt he was unnecessary, but some of his lines were funny (“another family rules by Ronaldo”).

5/5

I actually thought it was really, really boring. I loved the "What have you done with the real Moe?" joke... totally classic. I also liked seeing Jessica again, The Soccer Riot video Lisa was watching was funny and the "HillWilliam" line as well as a few other decent lines. Most of it wasn't fun to watch though. The video game stuff flat out bored me. The guest star was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man
    The audio on your TV was changed to the Descriptive Audio setting or whatever its called. It's for the visually impaired. :silly:

Are you just noticing this now?
    No, I've noticed it before, this just the first time I have noticed it that marge was realy in their a lot.

Virgin Colada! *No Rum breadharrity's Avatar

Ok I rewatched it and I seemed to find the flaws that people have been mentioning. I guess I would take my 4.5 down to a measly 3/5, I don't know what I was thinking!
    Last edited by breadharrity; 04-25-2007 at 04:10 PM.

I never heard of the guest sports celebrity before, but no matter. It didn't dampen my enjoyment of this episode. I was glad to see so many Springfielders in that on line game. plus I liked the way Homer stood up to Lisa, a good parenting story on his resume. It wasn't earth shatteringly funny but left me with a feeling of contentment that a well watched Simpson episode usually leaves me with. 5/5

Junior Camper

There's something hillarious about the SAP lady saying "He falls to his knees and exposes his man boobs"

Raggin' On Your Cord

Quote Originally Posted by Ramier Wolfcastle
    Actually, South Park episodes are produced quickly then aired. Simpsons episodes take at least 6 months to produce. So this episode was most likely written before South Park's World of Warcraft episode, sometime last summer. So this was obviously not a rip-off of South Park.

I actually enjoyed this episode, gave it a 5/5 although it wasn't totally perfect. Well worth the wait. Just as great as South Park's "Make Love, Not Warcraft." I'm now looking forward to "The Boys of Bummer" next week.

Did anyone notice we had uninterruped credits on Fox with just the standard theme? Very odd...

South Park's "Make Love, Not Warcraft" was aired on October 4th, 2006. It has been 7 months since then. Even if they were in production of the episode when South Park did their episode, they were still probably in the early stages and should have scrapped it as to not look unoriginal and uncreative. At the very least, they should have tried to take a different tact. Considering that both American Dad and South Park covered the topic, I would have hoped that the people who work at the Simpsons would have had some sense of shame as to not regurgitate this twice digested material.

Junior Camper

Wow exceeded my expectations, some of the stuff was unneeded, like the Bend it like Beckham stuff but great overall. The line "Your so blind, even Jesus couldn't cure you" was my favorite line. 5/5

funny episode, i think ronaldo was purposely kinda bland. having him say obviou lines like 'ronaldo awaaay!' kind of tip you off that he wasn't supposed to be a serious guest star like the actress(can't remember her name) who played bart's psychologist. i thought it was a funny episode and i really liked the side story with homer and lisa. 4/5
    I will not rest until I am a writer for the Simpsons Movie 2.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

Considering that both American Dad and South Park covered the topic, I would have hoped that the people who work at the Simpsons would have had some sense of shame as to not regurgitate this twice digested material.
    American Dad is one of the worst things in history, with South Park not far behind. As I actively avoid both of those shows, tonight's theme was new to me.

That being said, I don't think the episode quite clicked. I liked a lot of what I saw and I laughed pretty regularly after the first act, but it just didn't work for me.

3/5, less than what I expected.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

*Waits patiently for some negative reviews*

I definately think this episode deserves the 90% I rated it, on rewatch. It had some flaws [all episodes do], but they were far out-weighed by the good things. Although, all of these people voting 5/5 makes me a little nervous. It wasn't that good, I'm just in a good mood (ie ). I demand to see reviews by Joey JoJo, Reverand Lovejoy, and Jimmy C!

And by the way, Simpsons episodes are in the making for at least nine months each, but I recently heard on a commentary up to twelve months. Simpson workers definately weren't influenced in any way by South Park. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 07-04-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Thread Information