Thread: Last Exit To Springfield v11

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Last Exit To Springfield v11

Well folks, it's here,

http://www.lardlad.com

After numerous missed deadlines and what amounted to 53 weeks in the making, Last Exit To Springfield version 11 has hit the web today. The change not only look the longest to make, the previous design was also the longest running in the site's 10 year history, and it's because of that I've kept things familiar, layout wise, but don't let that fool you. This is the most extensive change in the site's history, each page has been given special treatment and had multiple days works of effort put into them. The site adopts green into its family of colours, while keeping the previous ones heavily involved at the same time and giving yellow less of a prominant role. Pages have been widened giving the content room to breathe, as each page adopts a unique look in its own right.

You might say, Adam, you havent updated in a year! Well, you'll be glad to know that every page has been given one update or another, and to prove I haven't been lazy, here's a complete timeline of the site's development and full list of changes, which shows that I even finished some crucial elements within the last day!
    http://download.lardlad.com/changes.txt

Please have fun viewing all the changes, I'm absolutely certain that if you work your way through the navigation you'll appreciate just how long I spent getting everything up to standard. Leave your comments and support below.
    Last edited by Adam; 04-14-2007 at 04:17 AM.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

spectacular as always. I can't picture a better looking fan site

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

Very sexy. I particularly enjoy the presentation of the season 18 page.
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

Really, really nice. Very refreshing and the plants at the bottom actually add a very nice touch. The layout of each page is awesome, too.

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

Gorgeous design Adam. Great work as always.

Fuck wow.

EDIT:

Might wanna fix that lil white line on the right hand side

EDIT II:Oh also, on the about us page, the links to the unused designs don't work

Love it all. Especially the gallery. You should include those images you made for the design in it.
    Last edited by mikeymansimpsons; 04-14-2007 at 08:37 AM.

unused designs fixed. although none of them are new
    there were variations of this one's main page but its the same design from the start, really.

the white line on that pic was intentional. but perhaps it makes more sense when the same type of header is used on the 'sounds' pages as it acts as a 'content stops here' barrier for the rest of the page.

Looks fantastic!

It's great seeing the completed site! I missed alot

I always find it hard to get used to a new look, so I'll hold off on the aesthetics, but the amount of work done on the individual lay-outs and replenishing the content a bit is fantastic. Way to put your time towards the single most important things for a site, rather than just an ultra-flashy shell that masks no real changes.

Congrats on keeping the site up and active for so long.

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

The site looks fantastic as always.

laughing time is ovah! Henrik P's Avatar

Holy moly, that's the best design I've ever seen.

wow. simply wow. oustanding job, adam. the new design does a great job of further showcasing the site's amazing content.

and thanks for the link, i really appreciate it.

What's up vanilla face? ButtersJ's Avatar

Great work. It's times likes this which keep me visiting LardLad.
    Santa Claus once put Chuck Norris on the Naughty List. This is why there is no Santa.

WOW! Well done Adam, that design is excellent.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Many years ago this section was the site's primary image gallery. But now I make myown images

that's another lil thing. Sorry if I sound picky but you know...

I still love it :P

also known as andy? Homer the Moe's Avatar

wow, i love it.
    the interiors are beautifully crafted, and the colour scheme is nice, too. good to see you shying away from the common design aspects of other sites, keeps lets unique.
    excellent job.

my name's andy, and i have some websites. i think they're quite good.
    take a look at nohomers' favourite episodes with the springfield connection episode guide
    follow @springfieldconn on twitter or with drain

Looking awesome and professional as always.

JustSimpsons Staff Landshark678's Avatar

Beautiful Design Adam!

Love the new scripts and such. I also like your timeline! I have always loved your designs.
    www.JustSimpsons.com
    I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by NoHomers.net
    I am president of SNUH - Students for the Non-Ignorance and the Understanding of Hilarity (A Simpsons Fan Club) Check out my Simpsons collection at www.littlepoopmachine.com

has his moments Disgruntled Goat's Avatar
    Between Pier 1 and that Pier 1 by Pier 17

Totally fantastic work, Adam, as always! I'm always amazed at how you improve upon perfection with every redesign.

I don't like the Flash navigation on the interiors though, it's annoying to have to click twice to change the category (media/info etc). Actually any Flash navigation kinda annoys me in general since I can't use my normal browsing habits of opening tabs in the background and such. Not a big deal really.

It's cool that you made the thumbnails bigger on the image gallery, I never liked those small ones you had. One thing I do miss is the character names under the images (actually I'm using that idea for the new Simpson Crazy should it ever emerge...).

One more thing - on the wallpapers page, it says wallpaper is available in "1152*864 and above only" but the captions under the images say 1152*768. Also why did you choose that resolution? As far as I know that size is one of the least common resolutions; 1024*768 and 1280*1024 are the two most common now, followed by 800*600. If you're only going to have one size, 1280*1024 seems most logical since images normally scale down fairly well but not up.

Anyway, it's great to be reminded that there are Simpsons webmasters out there that take a lot of care over their sites and think about how to deliver the content
    Last edited by Disgruntled Goat; 04-16-2007 at 02:39 PM.

very nice adam. I like it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottvivian
    It's cool that you made the thumbnails bigger on the image gallery, I never liked those small ones you had. One thing I do miss is the character names under the images (actually I'm using that idea for the new Simpson Crazy should it ever emerge...).
    the pics are still in character order. i might put the names back, but one change i did make was the images used to be named 'other001, other002, other003' but now they're abe001, moe001, etc. so i guess mousing over and reading the address could be your temporary fix for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottvivian
    One more thing - on the wallpapers page, it says wallpaper is available in "1152*864 and above only" but the captions under the images say 1152*768. Also why did you choose that resolution? As far as I know that size is one of the least common resolutions; 1024*768 and 1280*1024 are the two most common now, followed by 800*600. If you're only going to have one size, 1280*1024 seems most logical since images normally scale down fairly well but not up.
    it's something i'm working on. The page was made years ago when 1024*768 was only just beginning to be commonly used, so i went the next step up. i think some of the later ones are 1280*1024. personally my resolution now is 1680*1050 so none of them are of any use to me. but like i said, i'll fix it one day.

Very sharp, very styled, very vibrant.

I love the site, and this new look is brilliant. Great work! Now, if you'd just get those new frame grabs...:silly:
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

uses the extra dimension. Rekart's Avatar

I haven't looked at the web forum in months, but saw the most recent post was in "Last Exit to..." and came in. I wasn't disappointed. Great redesign of both the site and content. LETS is the only website I visit whenever I need Simpsons content (rarely, but nonetheless,) so it's great to see it surviving and updating, unlike so many other sites that have come and gone since I've been here.

Beautifully made website!
    I like the look. Good job.

Thread Information