View Poll Results: How would you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

36 15.93%
  • 4/5

109 48.23%
  • 3/5

53 23.45%
  • 2/5

22 9.73%
  • 1/5

6 2.65%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review Homerazzi (JABF06)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Rate & Review Homerazzi (JABF06)

When a candle on Homer’s birthday cake sets fire to his party hat, the Springfield fire department must save the Simpson home from peril for the sixth time that month. Marge is inspired to purchase a fireproof safe to protect the family’s most precious valuables, but a freak accident causes the safe itself to explode and destroy its contents, including Marge’s family photo album. Refusing to accept the tragedy, Marge decides to restage all of the family’s photographs, and when a celebrity dating scandal is captured in the background of one of their photos, the Simpsons strike tabloid gold. Tasting success and seeing money to be made, Homer takes to the streets as one of the paparazzi. Overnight, Homer becomes Springfield’s most valued photographer, and he appears unstoppable. However, when he crashes a celebrity wedding, the subjects who’ve been humiliated in his photos band together to seek revenge against Homer. Guest starring J.K. Simmons, Peter Wolf, Harry Hamlin, Betty White and Jon Lovitz.

Overall, not a bad episode. I'll elaborate more later. Nothing really amazing, but nothing terrible.
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 03-25-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

Junior Camper

Well, I loved it!
    Season 18 Score Card (so far):

The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer: A-
    Jazzy and the Pussycats: B-
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em...: A-
    Treehouse of Horror XVII: B-
    G.I. (Annoyed Grunt): C+
    Moe'N'a Lisa: A
    Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair): A
    The Haw-Hawed Couple: A
    Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2: C+
    The Wife Aquatic: A
    Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times: B+
    Little Big Girl: A
    Springfield Up: A
    Yokel Cords: B+
    Rome-old and Juli-eh: A-
    Homerazzi: A+
    Marge Gamer: B
    The Boys of Bummer: B-
    Crook and Ladder: B
    Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot: B
    24 Minutes: A
    You Kent Always Say What You Want: B-

4/5 Very funny episode

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: extra

best of the season, no doubt.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

I haven't laughed out loud this much in years. I was wary once they involved Rainier as a major part of the plot, but the third act was hilarious, from Rainier's dark lines to Paris Texas making out with Milhouse.

The only thing I didn't like was the first few minutes involving Homer blowing out the candles, but even then the box of EZ blowout candles was funny. Great guestwork from Simmons and Lovitz as the french Paparazzo. As soon as I saw him I knew it would have to be Lovitz voicing.

4.98/5.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

Awesome intro.

I enjoyed this episode alot. Homer knowing what actually happened in the safe reminded me of his statement about what would happen to the comet in Bart's Comet.

"This has "page one" written all over it."

A clever line. Even more so because of the line Homer says after it. About keeping his page.

This episode had good pace. I liked Milhouse making out with the rich texan's daughter Paris...Adding Quimby to the last names was a nice touch too. The transitions were good in this episode a nice solid pace. Also they threw a bunch of characters in that we haven't seen for awhile which is always exciting for myself as a fan.

I'm going to give this an "A" for right now. Great episode.

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

I was right! The second I saw the name "Paris Texan" in the episode press release, I KNEW it was a parody of Paris Hilton, despite what that one guy said.

The couch gag was very good, the first act was excellent, the part with the family posing as their Tracey Ullman models was the episode highlight. The part with Homer and the candles was a little tedious.

The rest sucked. 'Nuff said. 2/5.

I thought Harry Hamlin and Peter Wolf were supposed to guest star...
    Last edited by McClure; 03-25-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Okay, this one took me by surprise. There were defintly some parts with clucky writing, like were marge says " Were recreating our star trek finale party" that was bad writing. The rest was good though, defintly more pros then cons. I'd give it a 3.5, round up to make a 4/5

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

I havent' seen it yet, but is it just me or for every new episode, is there at least one person that says its the best of the season or the best in years? (except on a few that most agree sucked.)

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coltonwiggum
    Overall, not a bad episode. I'll elaborate more later. nothing amazing, but nothing terrible.
    Same. I'm not sure exactly how I feel yet but I know I didn't care much for the first two acts but liked the last act quite a bit. My biggest complaint is that Homer became a paperazzi very quickly...I imagine watching it without commercials would make it even more jarring since it all happened over the act break. For now - C
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

CAN DIG IT !!!

VERY funny!

Couch gag was GREAT...Bar scene was GREAT.

How do YOU like your comeuppance?
    Parrot Malibu (10:58:17 PM): I like kissing girls, but I love the cock

This episode was a pleasant surprise, I thought that it was going to be a poor episode, but I actually liked it. The couch gag was really nice, and segments like it keep reminding me how good Simptasia could be. But as to the episode, I found that the writers were able to cram a lot into the episode, and the wacky plot was fairly interesting. There were some good jokes at the beginning and the plot was set up fairly well. The jokes about the celebrities were good, and the writers found a nice use for the Rich Texan. I really liked that there were jokes about the fact that Homer had met celebrities before, and in combination with the NASA line, it shows how extraordinary his life really is (although he did not actually meet Paul McCartney). Overall, this was a good outing for the show. B

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzyWuzABear
    Same. I'm not sure exactly how I feel yet but I know I didn't care much for the first two acts but liked the last act quite a bit. My biggest complaint is that Homer became a paperazzi very quickly...I imagine watching it without commercials would make it even more jarring since it all happened over the act break. For now - C
    Exactly. I'm not feeling this "best of the season" vibe like others. The humour was pretty good and all, but not 5/5 material for me... probably not even 4/5 material. I'm voting 3/5 (rounded down from 3.5/5). The episode was nice, but it could have been much better.

And all episodes have good scenes, so hopefully I don't get people shoving those down my throat as an excuse to give it a 4/5 or above. (Coltonwiggum finally understands how other people feel!?)

Oatmeal Enthusiast

Oh, this definately is a good candadate for "best episode of season" in my book.
    Just the whole thing was so well-written, the jokes were funny AND didn't go on too long, and the animation was much better than in R-o&J-e.

Definately loved the part w/ the cleaners and Betty White.
    and "happy 1987".
    Nobody doesn't not not like Moe!

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
    MySpace Codes!

(I know that once I change my title, someone will have the same idea)
    The Ninth Octuplet

Great episode, season 18 isn't disappointing (yet). 4/5

My satellite went down right when the camera zoomed in on Wolfcastle's eyes. What happened there until the credits?
    Dyslexia, Duffman's secret shame!

I've been watching the classics since I hadn't seen most of them. I'm on season 7. Then I watched this. This was sad. It wasn't BAD. It just wasn't funny, which would have been okay if this wasn't comedy.

Act 1: Boring. One laugh out loud with the old animated versions of OFF. The rest wasn't good.

Act 2: A fair Krusty joke at the beginning. The rest was blah.

Act 3: A bit better. Not much. The episode took so long to get going that the comedic potential was all in the end, and it wasn't taken advantage of. The jokes seem to take longer than in classics, and there aren't as many quick laughs to keep the pace. Jon Lovitz was fantastic for the good one minute of screen time he had. Disappointing, but this episode did nothing horrendous. I just didn't think it was clever at all.

Only one joke that went over my head too, which is weird in a show that I expect to be more intelligent than me.

The show really is afraid to try new things, isn't it?

2/5

forgettable. but i was pleasantly surprised. very funny, not annoying.

Blog Entries

I actually liked this one... this episode has not become useless-celebrity based episode like 'When Use Dish Upon On Star' actually, but it had a plot, and I think this is one of the funniest ones (along with Springfield Up and Little Big Girl) in the Season 18.

The couch gag... well what a coincidence that I'm learning about evolution in biology in the school in these days. It went long, but I liked it. ("What took you so long?")

The first act... I actually didn't really like the first act since I thought the beginning was very unrealistic on how Marge lost her family photo collection. The later part of first act was okay to good since it was a step on how Homer became a paparazzi.

The second act was actually hilarious... if I remember correctly here are the celebrities that were featured:

-Paul McCartney (bitter divorce I guess), Jose Canseco (JUICED, but has to take a credit of telling the 'truth'), Mr. T (I pity the fool who...), Elton John, Paris Texan (I saw the most gross part of your body and it's your face) and more

It was also good to see Gabbo and Arthur again too. I didn't really expect him to say a thing after 'Krusty Gets Kancelled' though... Paris Texan part was especially funny too. Nice reference to real-life celebrity gal, I guess. The only thing that I complain about second act is that Homer taking picture on Ranier's 'another' wedding was kind of unrealistic.

I actually didn't looked forward to see third act (since some episodes had screwed up third act in Jean era), but it was good. The photographer (voiced by Jon Lovitz) taking humiliating photos of Homer was funny, making Homer distressed about his job. I see it's another 'Fight Fire With Fire' stragety, I guess. The resolution wasn't as bad as other episodes in Season 18... ;-/

Overall: 4/5, B+. I might reconsider about my grade later
    calmer than you are

"Do you call this a drink?!" "No I never called it a drink." Ha!

Some amusing jokes amid another cookie cutter "Homer gets another job and wackiness ensues" episode. Awesome couch gag.

C+

5/5- Loved this episode. Great-The Tracy Ullman pic joke, bringing Gabbo back, Lovitz, Simmons, and White were great. I loved the couch gag I cant wait to have this show on DVD. Also liked that Homer was right about what happened in the safe.-Brief I'll talk more later

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A bit better than "When you Dish", but not all that great overall...

2/5.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Oatmeal Enthusiast

Just remembered something. The pictures-getting-destroyed-and-then-staging-them thing has been done on another animated show. Newcomer "Kappa Mikey". Both shows took the plot in completely different directions, but I just thought it was note-worthy.

lovitz was wasted and homer was total jerkass. D-
    Last edited by brody; 03-25-2007 at 06:01 PM.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: amr diab

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Banks
    lovitz was wasted and homer was total jerkass. F
    I thought this at first but I attribute him being a jerkass more to him being a paparazzi since most are considered jerkasses. He was a jerkass to celebrities which is what you would suspect for him having this occupation.

EDIT; Nevermind, I don't really want to start any arguments.
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 03-25-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

4/5, really good episode, absolutely loved the happy 1987 picture, I'll give it a B-

I just rememberde my favorite joke "heil to the chief"
    Last edited by Sniper Squirrel; 03-25-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

3/5.

Nothing really stood out as exceptionally funny, but there were a few moments where I chuckled to myself. There weren't any really bad moments either, which was better than I was expecting. The callbacks to other celebrities they've had one the show was pretty clever, but it did seem a tad forced.

The plot was incredibly jumpy, but still better than I expected. The excuse for Homer to get into being a paparazzi was a lot smoother than it was made out to be, and I'm glad that the lame Paris Hilton character wasn't the focus of the episode like we thought it would be. I'm glad that the main celebrity was a regular instead of someone made up for the episode.

On another note, am I the only one who really doesn't like Booberella being a secondary character? She was alright for the original joke, but there's no reason to bring her back at all.

It was laugh out loud funny for the first half and more than satisfying for the second. Its hard to end anything as funny as it started, as is the case in this episode, but by this point I had such a good time it didn't matter. Over all 5/5

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Meh, not feeling the love for this week's. Outside of a few stand-out moments ("This has page one written all over it!", the photo restaging, Ranier's surprisingly involved and fun role, and Jon Lovitz), most of this episode was particularly dry and forgettable to me. It was full of "passable" gags, but hardly any good gags. And what's with the re-using of the J.J. Johnson personality?

C/C-, around a 2.5/5
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Thread Information