98 38.74%
  • 3/5

65 25.69%
  • 2/5

35 13.83%
  • 1/5

14 5.53%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate/Review Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair)

After Homer gets fired at the nuclear power plant, he takes over the ice cream truck business, while a depressed Marge creates popsicle stick sculptures to keep busy. The sculptures quickly become popular and Marge is excited to have a purpose in life, until a turn of events divides the Simpsons household. (source)

Preview/Speculation Thread

Like always, thread opens after the episode airs.

4/5
    *Oprah opens mouth*.
    Last edited by coltonwiggum; 03-18-2007 at 05:29 PM.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

formerly shutupa yo face moneychair2003's Avatar

i really liked it. 4.5/5
    Check out my NFL blog. I write articles about every upcoming match, my predictions for those matches, what games are worth watching, and about everything else happening in the NFL. http://backbayfuturesportsmanagers.com/

http://www.reddit.com/user/ac519/

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

Right up until the extrmemely long Oprah thing, and then Homer feeding a lactose intolerant kid Ice Cream, I thought this episode would pull a Bart has Two Mommies and exceed expectations. I was wrong and it was all downhill from there.

I actually got excited in the first two minutes, because it was easily the best opening yet this season. And then the Oprah thing hit.
    There was a lot of pointless filler, ie. the make out scene, Oprah, much of the third act.

2/5. Worst of the season so far.

What was the part where Homer gets dressed a parody of? It was easily the highlight of the episode.

Did anyone else notice Greta Wolfcastle with Rainier Wolfcastle? Nice touch.

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

5/5. I laughed throughout and enjoyed it.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

Pin Pal

Wow! Much better than I excepted. Funny, interesting, good animation, and even a little touching. The ending was a little strange, but still a solid episode.
    ***All Hail Al Jean, the Holy One***

Maybe it's time to live.... Cerpin Taxt's Avatar

I'll explain later, but 4.6/5. I haven't had this much fun watching a new episode in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by grissom
    I refuse to vote on the basis that apparently Nickelodeons viewers have the worst taste in films ever.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Surprisingly non-bad. Homer and Marge's relationship was handled rather well for once (I particularly enjoyed the photograph scene), and while a few parts went on too long or fell flat, the episode worked for the most part. There were a lot of good one-liners and solid pacing as well. Homer and Marge felt far more three-dimensional in this episode than they usually do (I particularly liked the expressions on Homer when he was about to crash the truck, and in the third act), and even the side characters (Krusty) had mostly funny gags.

"You kids have been real good tonight!"

B-/B
    Last edited by TriforceBun; 11-26-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

scissors on his fuckin head That Jerk's Avatar

This is the second time this season I've missed an epiosde and don't really care. Those 4/5s make me think I should download though.

I really liked it.

4.5/5 but I voted a 4

i think it's one of the rare instances when the third act is the best.

it was all right.. first two acts especially weren't very funny. the beginning of the first act was nice though. it actually showed homer at snpp and he actually was fired from it and all that.

4/5

I thought the story lines was bad, but it had some good jokes and animation. 2.5/5

Ugh, I really did not like it at all. The only part I fully enjoyed was Da Ali G Show spoof. Full review later

D

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it's nice seeing an episode where the jokes hit more than they missed, although I'm sick of every Moe moment with him acting like crazed, suicidal basket case. Otherwise, barring a few jerkass Homer jokes, this episode was actually pretty funny, IMO.

4/5.

(I got a larf from the Bart fishing out the Marshmellows at the beginning.)

EDIT: I voted 3/5 by accident.
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 11-26-2006 at 05:40 PM.

Really unimpressed. The episode was dull, and many of the parodies seemed forced and bland. Worst of season 18 by a mile.
    Dyslexia, Duffman's secret shame!

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

4/5 I liked the picture of the cat falling down the stairs
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Galalimit

I don't know what show you guys are watching at all. The constant 4/5's and 5/5's are beyond baffling. This episode was terrible, just like all the others this season. 1/5

Shave those sideburns!

da ali g spoof bumped this from a 2/5 to a 4/5. i thought the episode was pretty bad. but the ali g spoff was awesome!
    Carnies built this country, the carnival part of it, anyway. And though they may be ratlike in appearance, they are truly kings among men. -Homer Simpson

"Oh, Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me" -Comic Book Guy

I'm the luckiest man in the world...now that Lou Gehrig's dead. -Homer Simpson

"Here's my advice on women: don't give them nicknames like 'Jumbo' or 'Boxcar' and always get receipts. Makes you look like a business guy." -Homer Simpson

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I too loved the marshmallow gag at the opening--it's something every kid has done at one point or another.

Banned

Only part I didnt like was the stupid IPod Ending. I laughed quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by moed'oh
    da ali g spoof bumped this from a 2/5 to a 4/5.
    That's insane.
    Bumping an episode up from a 40% to an 80% just because of one gag? I think the episode deserves at least a 4/5 too, but not just because of that.

Pin Pal

Thumbs Up

It wasn't that bad. The ice cream mans funeral was funny. Moe sad appreciation for Marges art did it for me.

Marge and Homer having maritial woes is nothing new, but I like the way it was handled, especially with the photos. It showed that Homer was geniune in realizing his flaws.

The "Homer getting dressed in Ice cream suit" scene was a parody of what? (a few of us want to know). sort of humorous, but I was too busy trying to figure out the inspiration for it.

The Opal (Oprah) skit was horrible and unfunny. Every scene with Oprah made me cringe.

I didn't laugh out loud, but then again, laughing out loud is not what I'm looking for anyway. Not the best thus far,but not horrible either... overall -- 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by I can see your Doodle
    Right up until the extrmemely long Oprah thing, and then Homer feeding a lactose intolerant kid Ice Cream, I thought this episode would pull a Bart has Two Mommies and exceed expectations. I was wrong and it was all downhill from there.

I actually got excited in the first two minutes, because it was easily the best opening yet this season. And then the Oprah thing hit.
    There was a lot of pointless filler, ie. the make out scene, Oprah, much of the third act.

2/5. Worst of the season so far.
    That's pretty much how I felt about the episode, too. The first act (save for Opal) was actually quite funny and had some good animation/storyboarding. But it took a nosedive at the start of act 2 and, while it had some decent moments like "What's your birthday?" and Wiggum wanting to shoot Marge, it didn't really recover.

This episode was funny and actually had a number of interesting plots. There were a number of extending gags which is a little strange because there were three major plot points. Each plot was an overdone theme Homer gets a job, Marge gets a job, and Homer and Marge marriage crisis; they weren't developed as much as I would have liked, but overall, the episode worked. It was funny and the Homer-Marge conflict was the best it has been in a number of episodes.

B

3/5 B-

Not bad, could've been better. It got better each act. The jokes were also decent overall. Perhaps if each act was as good as Act 3 it would have been great.

There was like what, 3 pop music montages in this episode? Sheesh.

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

The good: Homer feeling sad was really genuine, No extended jokes! Wolfcaste and his daughter Greta. Everything up to and including the Opal sequence was great (Money for Nothing). I also liked Homer speeding by the kids asking "what do they want?"

The bad: Some pointing out the obvious again: Bart: "Dad you pimped your ride!", Homer: "Now to get dressed in a most unusual fashion," Marge: "I'll need you for emotional support!" Marge becomes too skilled too quickly, just like in Please Homer and Bart in Jazzy.

The ugly: Marge shooting guns with the Rich Texan. Moe as pathetic. The I-Pod ending... really, they could've come up with something better than I-Pods.

I'd vote 3. Not the worst of the season, but not the best. Some really weak plot contrivance again at the beginning and at the end. Marge becoming enthralled with sticks was oddly paced. Also, Homer's job was never resolved and the fact that he just picked up the old man's job started giving me flashbacks of Maximum Homerdrive, though thank god it didn't go down that route. Homer wrecking the sculptures was really the best part plotwise and exactly what the episode called for. Marge doing a sudden turnaround to forgive Homer by building a statue reeked of Brake My Wife Please when it was Marge Appreciation Day. Now they're even, I suppose.
    Last edited by Xt'Tapalatakettle; 11-26-2006 at 06:20 PM.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

I did think that Homer was better than the Myspace clip would suggest, so I'm boosting my grade to a D+

Marge was horrible, no questions asked.

best part was the cingular commercial with christmas story homage.

...Is Back Baby!!! The "Urban" Lenny's Avatar

My goddamn TV died on me before the second act! But the first act I thought was good, and from what I saw the episode had alot of potential. Full review tomorrow, or when I download the episode.

The Chunnel's gonna blow!

Well, I missed the first ten minutes, but from what I saw, damn, this was pretty good! Honestly, ever since G.I. D'oh, I think the show has been improving and improving. Although Marge seemed a little too bitchy after Homer destroyed her artwork, I think everyone was characterized very well. I especially loved another appearance of senile old Grampa thinking that the picture of the kids was them. So for now, I give it a 4/5, although that may change once I see the beginning.
    Season 18 Grades
    The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer: C+
    Jazzy and the Pussycats: D-
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em...: F
    Treehouse of Horror XVII: C-
    G.I. D'oh: B-
    Moe 'N' A Lisa: B
    Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair): B
    The Haw-Hawed Couple: B
    Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2: C
    The Wife Aquatic: N/A
    Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times: C