0 0%
  • 1/5 "I don't entertain much"

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R: Grade School Confidential

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Grade School Confidential

R&R gap filler 5 of 6

Can't comment really, I haven't seen it in yonks.

3.5/5 - I always found it to be pretty un-memorable. Not bad, but not brilliant. I haven't seen it in a while either, I'll have to re-watch it when season 8 comes out.

bleh. always found this quite overrated, really.

C
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

I like it on the whole. It's not very memorable, in that I can hardly remember anything that happens between the party and the siege, but I think it's quite sweet and there is some funny stuff in there.

B+

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

4/5 A forgoten episode,just because it's not so memorable. That's why I can't remember many jokes,but I remember it was funny.

"Here you go,Nelson"

EDIT: Oh,man,how come I forgot this one:
    "Wait a minute! Bart's teacher's name is Krabapel? I keep call her Krandal! Why didn't anyone tell me? I was making an idiot outta myself!"
    Last edited by Rest your giant head; 08-01-2006 at 10:55 PM.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

I may be biased a bit as I'm not generally a fan of episodes that alter the status quo, but I found this to be a pretty dull episode all around. There were no big laughs to be had, and everything but the ending is forgettable. The Skinner/Edna follow-up don't fare any better, making this the lousy episode that keeps on giving. 3/5

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

My favorite quote of all time: "Teacher and Principal Skinner were in the janitor's closet making babies, and I saw one of the babies, and the baby looked at me"
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

back in black

At 9 minutes and 10 seconds, the final act of this episode is the longest of its kind in Season 8. And it worked - what was an average episode for me through the first two acts, nothing particularly boring or interesting, turned into a well organized show with good writing and a good conclusion, and in my opinion, made the show a lot more memorable (as it should - the Skinner/Krabappel relationship has been brought up every so often ever since). My grade is 4/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Top Episode 5/5.

I tend to put this episode in the same area as Homer Alone and Bart On The Road, being forgotten gems - the plot line is more down to earth and not as zany which could be one of the reasons why. The humour was top notch and I thought the writing overall was excellent. But this proves to be a good spin on the Skinner/Krabappel relationship really confusing Bart and the other school characters.

I think that when you watch it, it really sums up the totality of season 8 in one episode...don't know why...to me it just does. I've got a thing for more tender and heart-felt episodes, but this one actually has some top-notch humour in it making it all the better.

Banned

This episode is just underrated. I give it a 4/5. It's a solid episode that doesn't get any attention.

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

Perfect episode. Top-notch humor, excellent writing, brilliant characterizations, and genuinely sweetness all wrapped up in a beautiful episode. Each act offered new conflicts that engaged me throughout, and nothing about any of them felt forced, rushed, or contrived. Skinner and Edna are two of my favorite secondary characters, so it was great to see them shine so brightly in this one, and the appearances from Chalmers and Agnes were also delights. Bart too was in top form; this episode is one of the definitive episodes for Bart's character, showcasing his range of traits perfectly. It's interesting also that Homer only had two jokes in the entire episode, which was kind of refreshing. 5/5

i think it's really a great episode
    The story is top and really funny. Also Bart is great in this episode.

4/5

^Then why are you only giving it a 4/5?

Anyway this is an epic, series altering episode for me complete with top class material. Truly one of the last classics. 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Starter
    ^Then why are you only giving it a 4/5?
    i wouldn't say "only" . I think 4/5 is really good and 5/5 get only my all-time favorite episodes

No quips from me but anything less than a 5/5 merits at least one mention of a flaw.

ahh....i skip over this one when i go through the seasons:silly:

Pin Pal

Decent but unspectacular. The one quote I really like is :
    Maude: I'm talking about s-e-x in front of the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n.
    Krusty: Sex cauldron? I thought they closed that place down!

Overall 3.5/5 B-

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^Ha! I laughed myself to death after reading that since it's been a long time since I rewatched this episode.

I thought it was a good episode. Nothing great just good. I liked Bart being dragged to the movies and telling Chalmers "Ohhh I don't know, I don't think it's important."
    3/5

This is one of my fav Bart episods. I'm sad that Skinner and Mrs.K relationship ended on a soure note but oh well. Really good episode, the romance which is some thing that doesn't often happen in this series was cute. I loved how Bart helped there relationship too, kind of seeme like there kid here
    I give it a 5/5.

Bart V.S Bob!
    Bart fan!

Pretty good episode and important for Skinner and Edna in that it shows Bart really cares about them. It represents quite a departure from what Edna thought of Skinner in Bart the Lover. 4/5

"Hey it's Saturday; your powers are useless against me!"
    I always wanted to use that line.

"Does that mean Mrs. Krabappel is a virgin too?"
    "Ha!"

00 32 15 19 4 21 2 25 17 34 6 27 13 36 11 30 8 23

10 5 24 16 33 1 20 14 31 9 22 18 29 7 28 12 35 3 26 0

Why Can't We Be Friends? The Southern Dandy's Avatar

This is a cool episode. I was inspired to watch it again by this thread. I think the best part is Bart being forced to go the movies when he was sleeping, and his reaction to Chalmers asking him an inane question. His squinting facial expression and the combination of half-asleep irritated exhaustion in his voice are priceless. This is one of those episodes where I like the main plot and the main characters, but some of my favourite moments are with the side characters. I love Homer's megaphone joke, all of the dialogue Chalmers has, Ralph's constant crying at the party (adorable and hilarious), and the scene with Skinner's mom and Bart.

I don't think this episode is quite as good as some people in this thread say it is, but it is definitely one of the high points of season 8, and a worthy kinda sequel to "Bart the Lover". I forget how good season 8 is, since it's one of the only ones of what I consider the "golden years" (2-8) that doesn't have any episodes I would call favourites. I think a lot of season 7 and 8 episodes tend to have more thoughtful and clever stories, but not as much consistently gut-bustingly funny humour as seasons 5 and 6.

Top Ten:
    1. "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
    2. "The Way We Was"
    3. "Summer of 4 Ft. 2"
    4. "Boy Scoutz in the Hood"
    5. "Bart's Comet"
    6. "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song"
    7. "Lisa On Ice"
    8. "Bart Sells His Soul"
    9. "Homer at the Bat"
    10. "Lisa's Pony"

Uhhh....I'll be back! Pruh-Probably.

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was a pretty well scripted episode, and the animation was lovely, also had some really nice jokes, such as principal skinner bringing bart to the movie... and the jokes when the kids are telling the parents what was happening. But I don't really enjoy the episode too much, it seems a little overrated and at times "boring".

3.9/5.

One of my favorite episodes. Includes some of my favorite characters (Chalmers; Skinner; Martin; Bart). They all stay true to their character, and it´s a very funny episode. Pretty much flawless, but lacks a real WOW factor to get an A+. Best of season 8.
    High A.
    "Evolution is silly," AJ adds. "Monkeys? Um, no."

Blog Entries

Well... let me say that it had one of the best first two acts in the history of the Simpsons. The humor was just spot on and the story was going very intersting. But I really felt that the third act was a potential that was wasted and the story was kind of dragged and resulted in not-so-powerful ending. Yes, it may have been emotional for some, but I felt that it took too long and boring.
    The episode itself: overrated? Yes, but it had its own quality that lasts, that's for sure. B+/A-

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Both extremely funny AND cute all around. Best scene had to be Bart being shown the book of cakes by Agnes.

5/5, best episode of S8.

Personal note:
    Back when I was recording episodes every week, I forgot the time changed an hour ahead and my VCR recorded the wrong show. Anyway, this was the last episode that was aired in the US only once before it was sent to hacked-up, syndication. I never saw the complete episode until S8's DVD set came out.

The characters are mercilessly victimized by the all-too blatant stance of the writer's direction. They fulfill their basic purpose (in character) but feel flat due to the pawn-like nature in which they are used to advance the plot.

Roughly a 3.5/5 or B+

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

^Isn't a 3.5/5 a C+ or a B-?

Ahem,for me is:
    BEST EPISODE.EVER!
    Brilliant episode.Is so cute and romantic.Good jokes (IMO,Bart and Agnes!) and very cute fluff between Skinner and Edna.
    My favorite qoute of all time:
    Ralph:Principal Skinner and Mrs.Krappabel were in the closet,making babies.And I saw one of the babies and then the baby looked at me.
    Wiggum:The baby looked at you?

5.50/5 or A++

Up,down,up,down,up,down...

It's a good cute addition to Season 8 with a lot of great jokes and a nice romantic storyline that holds up. I always like when they keep continuity throughout the seasons and I'm glad they didnt break up at the end of the episode.

3.5/5
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

This is all I have in life son of a wiggum's Avatar
    The useless piece of land between New York and Los Angeles called America

"We have baricaded ourselves in the school and are not coming out until our demands are met."
    "Willie hears you. Willie don't care."

My favorite Willie quote of all time. I don't know, for some reason it just gets me. That along with:

"What kind of man wears Armour Hot Dogs."

Just the way those quotes are said.

Thread Information