• 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5 "Like a Kleenex at a snot party"

1 0.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R: Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming

R&R gap filler 4 of 6 (yeah, it keeps going down)

Often overshadowed by Cape Feare and Sideshow Bob Roberts and although they're better, it's still a great episode. Very funny stuff and Kelsey Grammar is always a welcome addition. Well, pre-Jackanapes. 5/5

5/5 - Right up there with Sideshow Bob Roberts and Cape Feare as one of the best Sideshow Bob episodes. I agree that it gets overlooked way too often.

Junior Camper

5/5 but not as Cape feare.

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

Second best to Cape Feare for Sideshow Bob. I can't see how anyone can give any of his episodes below a 3, they are all at least pretty good.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

I think this episode is a decline in quality from Cape Feare and Sideshow Bob Roberts, but it is still excellent nonetheless.

Not the best Sideshow Bob episode judging on all aspects, but the best episode for Sideshow Bob one-liners and the second best episode to showcase his cultural pessimism. What this episode falters slightly is in creating the suspenseful atmosphere present in previous episodes. The whole premise of Bob deciding to blow up Springfield gets a little silly for my tastes and I d not find the story to be engaging enough because Bob's threats lacks a certain believability compared to previous episodes, even Cape Feare. But a well-written Bob can himself carry any storyand that is what he does here. Every single line he pseaks in this one is great.Both Bart and Lisa are well-written, Colonel Hapblap is a great memorable one-timer and other characters like Quimby, Krustyalso has great moments. This episode also does well to make satirical statements on cliched tv conventions and the ending is especially sharply written. A-
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

Really good episode,I gave it 4/5. It's 4.5/5,actually.
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

Great overlooked episode. I love Sideshow Bob using a Southern accent.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Great Bob episode, I loved R. Lee Ermey as Colonel Hapablap and Grampa's line: "This elevator only goes to the basement, and someone made an awful mess down there"
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Maybe it's time to live.... Cerpin Taxt's Avatar

I gave this a 3, but it should have gotten a 4/5.

I forgot about Sideshow Bob Roberts. Maybe because it sucks so much ass it's unbelievable. The entire plot upon which that episode is based is the more unrealistic than anything Mike Scully could conjure up, especially because it really tries to show realism.
    Quote Originally Posted by grissom
    I refuse to vote on the basis that apparently Nickelodeons viewers have the worst taste in films ever.

laughing time is ovah! Henrik P's Avatar

Great epsiode in my opinion. The jokes were really good.. and funny. The plot was okay. The best Sideshow Bob episode after Cape Feare. It's like Like Garfield on a lasagne. 5/5

Maybe it's time to live.... Cerpin Taxt's Avatar

It did have a pretty good mystery.

back in black

In my opinion, the second best Sideshow Bob episode after "Black Widower", and one I liked so much that I wouldn't mind if this was his last episode. (The plot device of Sideshow Bob carrying out an evil scheme only to be foiled by Bart had been done five times in seven seasons - and six times in eight - and for me the sixth time was overkill, five was fine.) Interestingly, this is in contrast with my thoughts on "Mother Simpson" (the episode that came before it), where I thought the ending was desperately in need of a sequel that didn't come for eight years. (Say what you will about the ending, but to me it left too much open.)

Spike Ferensten rates as probably the fourth best guest writer in my books after Nell Scovell ("One Fish..."), David Richardson ("Homer Loves Flanders"), and Reid Harrison ("The Springfield Files"). The second funniest episode of the season after "King-Size Homer" - even beating out "22 Short Films About Springfield" for me - and the crime of eliminating television was neither too cliched nor too predictable, both of which were issues for me coming into the episode as the fifth SSB plot. But why reuse the 20th Century Fox logo? (I know the commentary stated it was so the viewer could more readily get the joke, but the music could've gone over the executive producer credits instead.)

Still, I'd rate this 5/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

A decent episode, but not one that I'm too fond of. Although it is not as bad as I thought it was, it still is below par for a Sideshow Bob episode and for a Simpsons episode for that matter. The plot is pretty good and it is funny in parts, but other than it, it does not hold my interest and the ending is pretty flat, all things considered, with Bob making a pompous and unfunny speech. The episode kinda started off slowly, then looked as if it was going to take off after Bob threatens the town with nukes, but somehow...it didn't quite do that. It just meandered a bit until Bart and Lisa suddenly locate Bob. No cohesion; no build-up of suspense. All up, a promising episode which flatters to deceive. B-

SideShowBob episodes are always some of my favorites and this one is no diffrent.
    Summer of the 4FT.2 is the best episode ever

NHC's Resident Smithers Tamaki Suoh's Avatar

Probably my favorite Sideshow Bob episode. This one is such a brilliant episode filled with a great characterizations, an engaging plot, and some of the funniest instances of unique humor on the show. 5/5
    Last edited by Tamaki Suoh; 06-06-2008 at 09:45 PM.

NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar

A 4.5/5 rounded up to 5/5. I prefer Black Widower Sideshow Bob Roberts, and Brother From Another Series over this, but it is still a very good Bob ep, and just a very good ep in general.

I think it's a great episode with a pretty good story about Bob. It's also one of my favourite episodes from season 7. 4/5

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

Banned

My third favourite Sideshow Bob episode. It's just flawless.

A/A+

It is one of my favorite Bob episodes and it has been so quite a long time now, the plot is also interesting and there are some really great gags and jokes in the episode.

5/5

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Great episode. It feels very O&W in its humor in how it's razor sharp on dialogue. This has to be the peak of Sideshow Bob just as a character. Everything he says is hilarious...my favorite Bob quote ever is "I renew my objection to this pointless endeavor! Informally now and by affidavit later. Time permitting." So crazy but real

And the kite scene (although it's about 10 seconds long) is enough to redeem the episode by itself. "Did somebody say...box kites?!" "Awwwwww" / "The common box kite was originally used as a means of drying wet string!"

5/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

I'll bring my hilarious apron Jye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of my favourites. 5/5.

Yeah, it's fine. Weak compared to Cape Feare and especially Sideshow Bob Roberts, but hey, it's a classic-era SB episode, so it's automatically full of win.

4/5

3/5, a good episode but still a bit overrated. It was my least favourite episode of Season 7 which says more about the strong quality of Season 7 episodes than it does about this episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

For the Holy Marsh

Superb episode, my second favorite Sideshow Bob episode. 5/5

For the greater good SIR oinks alot's Avatar

a decent episode, although they dont really show sideshow bob with a high voice before they reveal he was in the balloon(minor plot hole)

3/5
    “On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time.”

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a sucker for a good Sideshow Bob episode, and this episode delivered good laughs and had a very good plot, so easily a 5/5

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the best sideshow bob episodes. 5/5

niemand wollte schlagerstars Zenmiester's Avatar

The pinnacle of absurdity on The Simpsons. Best Sideshow Bob epsiode period.

Chuck Yeager's Acura, Abe Simpson's alternative restroom usage (interestingly opposed to his toolshed usage in WSBMP2), the esteemed representatives of television, Bart's and Lisa's air base activities, and the list goes on.

Interesting to see Bob now concerned with television, which seems to fit his character pretty well. As should probably be expected from season 7 this is yet another good episode. I wouldn't say it is top tier but there is a ton of good stuff. 4/5 (B+)
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

Thread Information