41 37.96%
  • 3/5

9 8.33%
  • 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5 "I have no brother"

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R: Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

R&R gap filler 1 of 8

Funny, especially for an earlier episode. What also particularly stands out in this one to me is the voice acting, Dan and Danny are great here, I really love Homer's quickly becoming confident, that whole scene is acted great. The Hibbert joke is funny, I also really love how Hibbert's brother has two sets of eyebrows. Overall, good stuff 4/5

And for the record, I want a "Homer" (though hot pink would be much nicer than green).

I remember first watching this, and thinking 'Wait a minute, this is a season 2 episode?'. Sure it has the old Homer voice acting, and the animation isn't top notch, but the storyline, humor, and direction are all worthy of being in s3-s5. It starts off great with the hilarious McBain movie, leading into funny conversation between Homer and Grampa, some nice flashbacks, some more great Homer dialogue, and a hilarious conversation between him and Dr. Hibbert's brother. All this happens in the first act and the humor continues into the second and third, my favorite moment being Homer's words with the engineers concerning the car. This is easily one of season 2's funniest and it paved the way for the even funnier sequel. I really think this was an episode that hinted at the brilliance it would become in terms of humor and storyline. Overall, a 4.5/5, but I'll round it down to a 4/5. Great episode. One of my favorites.

back in black

Very good episode, a tad above average. Liked the satire on the automobile industry, and Homer's suggestions on how to boost sales of Powell Motors. I'll give it a high 3/5.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

This is what made the Simpson's a great show, I loved Homer describing how he wants the car and Grampa telling how he met Herb's mom, I also loved Danny Devito as Herb
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Very funny, good story. I liked it a lot... I have not much more to say about it. A

One of if not the best episode of season 2 dare I say a classic.
    Summer of the 4FT.2 is the best episode ever

5/5. Herb Powell is a great character.

Nobody ever trusts Homer because they know how he is, however Herb trusts Homer and ends of bankrupt. I felt sorry for Herb... The car Homer designed looked ridiculous.

5/5 Herbs first appearence. Classic.

Just watched this again what an episode almost perfect definately one of if not the best guest star episode(s).10/10

NHC's Resident Lisa Kyoya Otori's Avatar

A great episode with great voice acting, story, and humor. One of the better season 2 episodes (but not the best). Also, it set everything up for the next even better Herb episode, Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?

4/5

It's like swallowing Draino

4/5

One of the best episodes from Season 2, plus it introduces Herb Powell, who was a wonderful one-time character, expertly brought to life by Danny Devito. I agree with Adam R, the voice acting here was impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

i'm not really a fan of the idea that Homer has a rich successful brother, so i give it 3/5. But besides that its a good episode.

the original Sex Pistol

4/5

Pretty funny episode with Homer designing a very wacky car and causing his brother Herb to lose everything. Not a surprise that Homer ruined everything. Still had some nice moments with Herb watching Itchy & Scratchy with Bart and Lisa. 4/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

i wish they'd bring back herbert in the classic seasons, he was an interesting character and deserved more than 2 episodes. still, i don't want him to come back over ten years later in a crappy plot from lack of ideas like lurleen lumpkin. 5/5

5/5-classic

Blog Entries

I love this episode, in part because I'm a big Danny DeVito fan. This is a classic episode I've remembered since the first time I ever saw it.

*Now with 37% less guff!!! Bassmint Stile's Avatar
    Really?....Right here?!?!.....DAMN IT!!!!

Great classic ep. Very funny.

So that's what happened to the American car industry!!
    http://www.nohomers.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25620&dateline=1238735677

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenDonut View Post
    I remember first watching this, and thinking 'Wait a minute, this is a season 2 episode?'. Sure it has the old Homer voice acting, and the animation isn't top notch, but the storyline, humor, and direction are all worthy of being in s3-s5. It starts off great with the hilarious McBain movie, leading into funny conversation between Homer and Grampa, some nice flashbacks, some more great Homer dialogue, and a hilarious conversation between him and Dr. Hibbert's brother. All this happens in the first act and the humor continues into the second and third, my favorite moment being Homer's words with the engineers concerning the car. This is easily one of season 2's funniest and it paved the way for the even funnier sequel. I really think this was an episode that hinted at the brilliance it would become in terms of humor and storyline. Overall, a 4.5/5, but I'll round it down to a 4/5. Great episode. One of my favorites.
    Season 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
    Season 3
    Season 2

Blog Entries

Ah, now here's a great one--spot-on humor, this is one of the episodes I consider to be a turning point in Homer characterization between the shorts and the classic era--here he's portrayed as stupider than he had been before, but also a lot more endearing

Poor Herb, but he deserved what happened to him! 14/15
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

Really like the idea of Homer having a half-brother. I really only think it could have worked in seasons 2-4. The deflating ending to this one in a sense is softened by the more upbeat sequel. I wanna say 5 but I think a 4/5 would be more accurate.

4/5 Awesome episode.

5/5 I love that episode.

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

4/5 Probably my favorite of season two.

Great episode, 5/5. Very good script and plot. In my opinion this is the 2nd best episode in Season 2, the 1st being Lisa's Substitute. Great debut of Herb. Ranked number 31 in my top 150.

~I said fine. What part about sure don't you understand?~

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5/5, don't think i need to elaborate

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of, if not the, best episodes of season 2. Danny Deviot is easily one of the greatest gest stars and you really felt like he put alot into Herb Powell. The jokes were amazing and had a great ending

5/5

Banned

this was one of the few episodes that was translated in arabic, and I enjoyed it in both arabic and english

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?: B, 3.5/5, 7.5/10, Great

Thread Information