Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: Worst Episode Ever

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Rate and Review: Worst Episode Ever

Very good. One of the best of Season 12. A-

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really dislike this one, so it suprises me that it's actually quite well recived.
    It's been a while since I've seen it but the humour is just as shit as other s12 episodes with some very bad characterisation.
    Just everything they do to try and develop CBG and get emotion from the story is embarassing. The whole exchange between CBG and Agnes when they get together and the rest of the dialouge between make for some of the most cringeworthy moments the show has produced.
    It's at least a reasonably sane intresting story so it's not SS, NKOTB level of badness but still very bad.
    D

What Homer_Thompson said. A few more titles of the bootleg videos could have made it more funny. D
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

ain't no half steppin Son of Bomber's Avatar

Shit

Where's the money shot? Reverend Lovejoy's Avatar

What Son of Bomber said. The title really speaks for itself.

Thanks to CousinMerl for this great sig!

I agree with Drunk Barney. B

Why you so stupid, stupid? Willmak5389's Avatar

I actually didn't think this was that bad of an ep., though there were some stupid parts

B+
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. --Phil. 4:13
    myspace♠ also... Facebook!and...A Wiki-page!

I also agree with Homer_Thompson, D.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Also agreed with Homer_Thompson, and will add that the story on the whole is especially boring. The ending really made the whole affair crappier. I don't care if they mentioned the bleedin' radioactive ape earlier in the episode. It still makes no sense in context anyway.

It had moments, but not many of them. 2/5
    why am i even boarding

i should be passing out right now

this laptop has very comfortable keys

this is a sursprisingly eloquent post

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Homer Thompson, but I think Bart and Milhouse's subplot, while mundane and a little boring, has some good lines and characterization (I especially like Milhouse's cinema noir-esque fantasy sequence with Lisa). Also I liked the idea of developing Comic Book Guy character in a plot about his lack of social life, but one Agness gets involved it turns completely ridicule and unbelievable. I also hate the radiactive monkey. Overall I think it's a C. I have some pretty mixed feelings about this one and one day I could give it C+ and other C-, but I'm almost certain the fair grade is C. Comic Book Guy deserved a better episode (since My Big Fat Geek Wedding also sucked he hasn't got a good starring role yet).

Very good for the 12th season I thought.
    deuces on the ride

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

I actually really liked this episode. It had a lot of classic CBG moments (like his whole dialogue with Dr. Hibbert), and had a reasonably interesting storyline about him which didn't take itself too seriously (it wasn't trying to be emotional anyway). His relationship with Agnes was a bit weird with a pretty gross sex scene, but it didn't really annoy me much. The Bart/Milhouse plot was very good with good characterizations all around, and the bootleg videos provided some excellent gags (like the Presidential debriefing video). I'd give it a B

Ah, this is a great episode from a lousy era. This has great stuff all the way through it, from "Fran, it's me. Just a heads up," to "Why you ill-mannered sack of crap." There's also some great stuff involving Chief Wiggum and Eddie and Lou towards the end. *Sigh* we need another CBG episode as good as this.

A+ = 5/5
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

My 2nd favorite episode from season 12,it's great. The first time I've seen it, I couldn't believe that CBG episode can be so good!

A
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

a fervent propulsion Tinselled Jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not bad. A good developement on CBG, but him and Agnes? A bit too wacky.
    couldn't trust her with cheese, let alone with your keys

Good episode in my opinion- B

I Vote For B+ i Kinda liked that episode.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Not a bad episode, good development of CBG, and I thought Bart and Milhouse running the Android's Dungeon was pretty funny
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Blog Entries

I think this is a great episode... Humor was pretty good and there were several laugh-out-loud gags and sevearl chucklers planted between (radioactive ape, "everybody's hugging!", the agent from old movie shooting the camera man, etc.) Several scenes were really memorable - moments with Joe Savini, Milhouse's 'aiyeee!' yell, Biclops negotiations, the black & white imagination of Milhouse - I mean, this one would be really really be acclaimed if it were to be in "classic" era. I probably had more fun watching this episode than episodes like "Marge Be Not Proud" (disclaimer: "Marge Be Not Proud" is still a fine episode but I am just speaking in terms of how entertaining the episode was and the humor of it)
    I think those two plots went pretty good also. Milhouse really does remind me of that kid I had as a classmate when I was in 7th grade who tried to make a contrived effort to make everything his way and with certain awkwardness that Milhouse has shown in the past, it was not surprising yet made his character funnier. Subplot... well, Agnes-CBG couple may sound cringeworthy in context, but I think the episode made it out to be very fine - they were one bitter couple. It would not really exist in the real life (on the second thought, a couple with such kind of inspiration to love each other might happen... well, strange things have happened, hasn't it?), but it carried out fine imo with several good gags situated in context. I don't really think one bit of characterization was really ruined or anything (well, Homer did not really make any impact on plots anyways) and the episode, overall, is great. A
    Last edited by sung; 12-24-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    calmer than you are

One of my favs from season 12, its right up there with trilogy of error!

i never really liked this episode too much. It's really not bad, the story is ok in general and has funny moments, but i just can't get over the thing between Agnes Skinner and the Comic Book Guy. That was a little bit creepy.

B-/C+

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away ..."

Blog Entries

Not bad. A lot of great Comic Book Guy moments, but I cringe at the thought of him dating Skinner's mom. 3/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    i was going though deleted scenes when i saw the lead singer of the who saying shut the fuck up marge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
    Love this one. Especially Homer's disappointment at owning the Denver Broncos. Solid A for me.
    ...huh?

You must be thinking 'You Move Only Twice' from Season 8

EDIT: Nevermind

Good ep, very good apart from radioactive monkey...
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The premise was great. It was a good idea to go into the comic book guy's characterization in depth, and they should have done a great episode from it.
    But the idea of that relationship with Agnes is awful. Even if they have some good moments: it doesn't go with the characters neither with the series.

Therefore, I could say this episode is slightly funny, and that saves it from being a total failure, but not more. 5/10

Blog Entries

It's pretty good. I was probably the only episode I was disappointed by on the DVD rewatch. I remembered the episode just being a little better.

The story is pretty organic overall, especially toward the beginning. You can kinda tell the episode was pitched as "What would happen if Bart and Milhouse ran the comic book store?" and then built the episode from there. There's a few plot points that seem kind of pointless, looking back at it. It's weird how an episode can begin with Bart being banned from the store and then he ends up running it. And then that Bart/Milhouse have a big fight over money and then immediately forget about it through the bootleg tapes. That's kind nitpicky, though. The plot works pretty well.

The Agnes/CBG relationship works pretty well. It seems like one of those things that would be horrible (especially because of the age difference) but their personalities work remarkably well together. It seems very in-character that both of them would fall for someone with similar sentiments. They don't seem like "opposites attract" kind of characters.

Jokes weren't really remarkable. It's one of the few episodes of the season that didn't have a horrible shock gag, which was nice. But other than that, I don't remember much about the jokes.

Eh, 3.5/5, I guess.

The Bart/Milhouse story makes this episode what it is. Several jokes I really liked and even the Comic Book Guy story which could have been disastrous isn't bad here. B

This is my favorite 12th season episodes.

One of the things I wonder about "worst episode ever" is if the writers decided to cobble together a whole bunch of weird concepts and plotlines such as Bart and Milhouse running a comic book store and Comic Book Guy falling in love with Agnes Skinner and some other random gags that have little relationship with one another plus a fairly pointless cameo by Tom Savini in order to give the hardcore fans who often pan newer episodes an episode that is so bizarre it could easily be called "worst episode ever" and plastered those three words as the official title.

Case in point: The 11th season episode "Saddlesore Galactica" is a previous example since the writers knew it was quite terrible from the start and they editorialized on it in the episode such as Comic Book Guy explaining the pony Lisa once had in comparison to Bart and Homer taking in a horse but that didn't stop many fans from panning it.

To me "Worst Episode Ever" is an episode I like to watch just in order to enjoy the sheer stupidity contained herein.
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 01-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Green Man

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I give it a B, it's a pretty good story with some good jokes, but it's not "A" worthy IMO

Thread Information