8 5.84%
  • F

5 3.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review D'oh in the Wind

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

Rate & Review D'oh in the Wind

It's okay. I liked the part, where Mona had written Homer on the wall, and the whole thing about Homer's middle name. There were a few good jokes. One of them being When Marge says something.Then Homer says, "That's it something!" And when pinky saves the day for Barney! Though, it was a little dull, and there wasn't much of a plot. I hated the ending. Not the part where Homer was shot. And not the part where they showed graveyard, I actually thought that part was hilarious. But the part when Doctor Hibbert couldn't remove or trim the leaves was quite pathetic, and kind of disturbing. I give it a B-/C+

Oops didn't mean to put C+ twice on the poll. Oh well, it dosen't matter

For me its quite a dull slowing moving episode, but the scene with Grandpa and Jasper was hilarious. C/C+ aka 2/5

Ending sucks, basic plot (wait, was there a basic plot, or was this just something about Homer 'freaking-out' people and making drinks out of illegal plants?) sucks, most everything in this episode sucks. D
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

Not a bad episode, probably in the better half of Season Ten. Quite silly, with a few quotable lines here and there. Not the strongest of plots but given the weak premise, they do a decent job of it. Funny enough, though I bumped it up a grade due to my distant cousin being referenced.

Why you so stupid, stupid? Willmak5389's Avatar

B- or C+

Pretty good, but not great
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. --Phil. 4:13
    myspace♠ also... Facebook!and...A Wiki-page!

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

It's not bad, but not overly special. The brief touch on Homer's past is a highlight, but the episode sort of loses something after the beginning revelation. Oh well, a B- from me.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Stonecutter

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    Ending sucks, basic plot (wait, was there a basic plot, or was this just something about Homer 'freaking-out' people and making drinks out of illegal plants?) sucks, most everything in this episode sucks. D
    i basically agree with what he said...the plot sucked, didn't make much sense, a couple of crude jokes i didn't enjoy...doesn't seem very in place with most of the season. D

Very dull and boring episode. It sort of illustrates what is wrong with season 10 : annoyingly Homer-centric plot with other characters pushed to the background, overreliance on comedic zanyness for delivering the laughs, very basic story structure of "Homer does something new", little and easy satire.

The first act is the most enjoyable with the flashback being the highlight : Abe's reaction to the concert is great and little Homer was nice to see. I appreciated the callbacks to Mother Simpson but the jokes regarding Mona Simpson's unfaithfullness to Abe made me uneasy. The revealing of Homer's middle name was quite innovative too.

Unfortunately by the second act it mainly degrades to focussing Homer's zany antics as a hippie with the jabs at hippie culture being stereotypical and not very clever at all. The main laughs comes from Homer repeatedly thinking "uptown girls" being a hippie song and some of the trip-out scenes. And the ending with Homer being shot in the head with a flower which remains there sends the episode out on a bad note. C-
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Imperciph basically said it better than I could. This to me just seemed like another one of those episodes from seasons 10 and 11 where Homer takes on some new role and uses it as an excuse to act like a buffoon for 22 minutes. The episode is incredibly forgettable, really, and in some ways could be easily mistaken for many of the similar episodes of that time. It's just so generic and uninspired. C-/D+
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

A pretty mundane episode. There's nothing I especially dislike about it but there's nothing that makes it stand out for me either. I think the zany 'Homer does something crazy' side of the story overshadows the emotional side of the story with Homer finding a connection to his mother and I think they should have perhaps focused on that more, rather than Homer's attempts to become a hippy. It has its moments though - Homer's love of the 'Uptown Girls' song and all of the drug trips (particularly Barney's and Grampa and Jasper's) are funny.

My rating - 3/5 C+

back in black

A middling episode overall. OK in terms of story and laughs, not so good in terms of plot. However, there are enough redeeming factors here for me to give this episode the B- grade.
    Bart: "Please don't call our parents!"
    Chief: "I'm afraid I have to for hijinks like these. Hijinks - it's a funny word. Three dotted letters in a row."
    Eddie: "Is it hyphenated?"
    Chief: "It used to be, back in the good old days, you know. Of course, every generation hyphenates the way it wants to. Then there's *NSYNC! What the hell is that? Jump in any time there, Eddie, these are good topics."

recently rewatched this, probably the most irritating homer has ever been, without being a total jerkass.

D+

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

Standard Scully episode, but somehow, IMO, the humor works more than the average season 10 episode. I always crack up when I see Grampa and Jasper looking like Beavis and Butthead. B+

Not a r-tard

Possibly one of the worst premises of Season 10, it was kept above with some moments of decent humor, but ultimately, I wasn't impressed. Homer was freakishly annoying, plus I didn't want to learn his middle name! D
    Season Grades...
    1 - B, 2 - A+, 3 - A, 4 - A+, 5 - A-, 6 - A+, 7 - A+, 8 - A, 9 - C+, 10 - D+, 11 - F, 12 - C-, 13 - B-, 14 - B, 15 - B+, 16 - B, 17 - C+, 18 - C-

Season 19
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - D+/D
    The Homer of Seville - C-
    Midnight Towboy - N/A
    I Don't Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - B-

Blog Entries

i ultimately gave it an A-

i know the plot deserves a B but i liked the parts where all the townspeople are trippin'

and his middle name should have remained a mystery. but it being called jay is better than his middle name jurning out to be called john.

Quote Originally Posted by rights_for_ralph07
    better than his middle name jurning out to be called john.
    could you please learn to pay attention to the keyboard as you type?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Banks
    recently rewatched this, probably the most irritating homer has ever been, without being a total jerkass.
    While we are pointing out people's flaws, could you please learn to properly use grammar and punctuation? Capitalizing your letters wouldn't hurt either.

It's easy to pick out others' flaws and mistakes, the hard part is finding out and fixing your own.
    she didnt exactly read shrek the 3rd, which apparently exists as some sort of companion book for a pixar movie. no, this would probably take several minutes (perhaps 10), and would have ultimately depricated the shrek 3 cinematic experience

she merely looked at the book

she saw it, perhaps in the childrens section of a barnes & noble, registered it in her mind as being in existance, and filed it away for later as the subject for a post on BOOKS YOUVE READ. only she just looked at it. and it was shrek 3

in a way its the saddest post ive ever read

-toxic shock syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by coltonwiggum
    While we are pointing out people's flaws, could you please learn to properly use grammar and punctuation? Capitalizing your letters
    i did use proper grammar and punctuation

No wonder he won Minnesota. Sarcastic Guy II's Avatar

I went with a B or B+. Using the more proper 1-5 system, I would have given it a 4/5. I really enjoyed this episode on both humor level as well as a character-advancing level, though I hated sober Barney in years to come.
    I was saying "Boo-urns."

Season 19 Ratings:
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - A
    The Homer of Seville - C+
    Midnight Towboy - A+
    I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - A

do the bartman!

had some funny moments, but it wasn't enough to save this average episode. the ending was kinda... unusual, so i give it a B- and vote goes to B- or C+
    Season 6 rocks!

It was a decent episode, nothing too amazing but still enjoyable. (B+/B)

i'm not good with user titles Lisa Is A Nut's Avatar

B-/C+ Slightly above average. Probably one of Season 10's better episodes. Some jokes were a bit better than others, and the plot was good, but didn't quite make Season 7/8 standards it should have.
    Missing Children Videos
    Find Madeline McCann
    The Help Find Madeline Forum
    Stop Animal Cruelty Petition

>>Madeline McCann disappeared from her hotel room in Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on May 3rd 2007. If you have any information on her disappearance please click here or visit the youtube missing children channel.

B+

I really enjoyed it. Great stuff.

The long and winding road.. Fugitive's Avatar

I've always kind of enjoyed this episode. A few of the gags were funny to me with the dog on the blanket and the frisby. Also liked George Carlin even though I thought he could of been utilized better. I agree wtih the fact that it is annoyingly too much Homer but it's definitely 100% better than the previous episode.

B

3/5, an average episode, Homer is a bit irritating in this episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

a fervent propulsion Tinselled Jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the most imaginative the show has come up with, and it involves homer's mom.
    B+
    couldn't trust her with cheese, let alone with your keys

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found this one pretty funny and I didn't even find Homer too irritating. Though he had some Scully traits I think they were toned down and he was generally likeable. He's only trying to enjoy and make some friends. The whole middle name thing was a pretty nice touch and a funny and interesting way to start the episode. I guess most people would find that it was only an excuse to do another episode about Homer's zany antics, this time as a hippie. Probably, but it was a good excuse. At least he seemed to have some reason to do these things, instead of just acting like a maniac for very little reason, as he usually did in Scully era.

I liked the third act too, cause Homer has some really good intentions. The trip-out scenes were imaginative and funny, including both visual and referencial gags (Jasper and Grandpa like Beavis and Butthead). Even if it's some pure dumb slapstick I enjoy the scene with Homer collecting the vegetables. Of course it helps that the music during the mountage is the fantastic Time Of The Season by The Zombies. Both this part and the trip scenes have some really good animation too.

I used to consider it a B+ or even a A-. When I rewatched it I noticed that some parts of the story were a little weak or dull and Homer's behaviour was a little tiresome, but I still think it's very good for the era, and it's also good compared to Jean seasons. Probably a B or a B- at worst.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the less annoying "Homer and Friends Wacky Half-Hour" episodes. I actually liked the "Drugged out" sequence, but the rest is 'blah'.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Worse than I was expecting; even with the Beatles references (which were at the end...THANKS A LOT SCULLY) it didn't really hold my interest; as a hippy Homer was a really dislikeful character, especially the scene where they try to 'freak out the squares' (which I actually believed to be a pretty big embarrassment to even watch).

C+ -- Barely even 5.5/10
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

The first act was good but it sort of went downhill from there. The biggest laughs to come in the second and third acts were:
    -Act 2's act break: The frisbee destroys even more warehouse material and one of the hippies angrily shouts "Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD!"
    -Abe and Jasper acting like Beavis & Butt-Head.
    -The "screw the audience" gag with showing the cemetery, panning quickly to the hospital, where Homer was.

Thread Information